Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,669 members, 7,801,934 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Should I Buy This EOD? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should I Buy This EOD? (4822 Views)

Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed / Would You Buy This “tokunbo” Toy Car For N75, 000? / Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2020
Features include reverse camera , screen touch , navigation system, Bluetooth , subwoofer with good sound system, sound engine and many more. Serious interested buyer should contact me via. Thank you.

Price 600k, but the guy can even sell it to me for 500k, the owner of the new car he wants to upgrade to gave him time limit.

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 8:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
Another

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 8:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
And this

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by captainking(m): 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2020
PaulH07:
Features include reverse camera , screen touch , navigation system, Bluetooth , subwoofer with good sound system, sound engine and many more. Serious interested buyer should contact me via. Thank you.

Price 600k, but the guy can even sell it to me for 500k, the owner of the new car he wants to upgrade to gave him time limit.
Do thorough pretty purchase inspection. And if everything checks out. I advice you to buy...but check it well.. It's a cheap deal. And the car looks clean.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2020
Issues with the car include:

1. AC needs refilling.

2. Transmission issue with the power steering needing to be changed which I asked him how much and he said his mechanic told him it will cost 30k for that.

3. Drivers side seat motor that controls it's front and back movement is weak.

Abeg autojosh, GAZZUZZ etc, make una come epp me put mouth b4 I go buy gbese cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2020
captainking:

Do thorough pretty purchase inspection. And if everything checks out. I advice you to buy...but check it well.. It's a cheap deal. And the car looks clean.

Thanks bro, na why I wan carry trusted mechanic go tomorrow to scrutinize am.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 8:46pm On Aug 11, 2020
"Let me tell you the truth , I bought that car just last year and it was 520k but I spent so much money in putting it the way it is now"
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
Full tank takes about 3 weeks.
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by ClitRaider: 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2020
The car look good and it's a cheap deal.
AC needs refills is a blatant lie.
You'll need to change valve or condenser or other things to fix it.
If the transmission is not okay, do not buy it
Lastly, it's a v6 engine, hope you've got cash for fuel?
Cos Buhari dey vex did days, we may buy PM's for N200 next months and nobody dares complain.

I'm a proud Honda DC owner.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 9:04pm On Aug 11, 2020
ClitRaider:
Cos Buhari dey vex did days, we may buy PM's for N200 next months and nobody dares complain.

Is transmission related to the power steering or gearbox? Cos he said it's the power steering that needs to be changed, but the gearbox is sound.

Also the AC condenser will need to je changed, and that is said to go for about 25k, while the power steering change is 30k.

Wetin you think bro?
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 9:04pm On Aug 11, 2020
ClitRaider:

And also the seat was actually covered with leather...
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2020
New block engine , new battery, 4 new tires, new central lock, new water pump.

New radio that cost 110k with those features.
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by ClitRaider: 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2020
PaulH07:

Is transmission related to the power steering or gearbox? Cos he said it's the power steering that needs to be changed, but the gearbox is sound.

Also the AC condenser will need to je changed, and that is said to go for about 25k, while the power steering change is 30k.

Wetin you think bro?
You need to check the tires, battery, radiator, engine seats, ball joints, brackets, fuel pump, sockets, plugs, lights and electricals.
If all those things are good then you will only need to fix AC for 30k and power steering 25k.
That's 55k+500k everything boils down to 555k.

My brother, 555k for that machine is a goal.
The actual value is between 600-700k depending on the neatness Sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2020
PaulH07:

That vehicle in a V6 engine is a big NO. The transmission will always fail.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by ClitRaider: 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2020
PaulH07:

And also the seat was actually covered with leather...
Forget seat, you can always get a cool seat cover for 10k.
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by ClitRaider: 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Baba has spoken!
This the the End of discussion!

11 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Chief abeg can you elaborate sir. I don't think I understand what you said.
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by speedfreak(m): 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
PaulH07:

Great deal i must say...just want to correct a few things that seem mythical
1. The transmission isn't a good as the 4cycl but it doesn't just fail like that,i should know i use the exact same car,bought mine toks in 2017 and the gear is still going strong.
2. Fuel consumption is slightly higher than the 4cycl variant but it won't last 3 week...maybe if you don't drive it
3. I've changed my whole power steering assembly,cost about 45k approx. So that shouldn't be an issue.
Basically it seems like a very good bargain(if it was a 4cycl I'd advise you to look away)
Drop your number,I'll add you my honda group...it'll go a long way in terms of tech support.
Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by jgbemson1: 10:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
speedfreak:

1. The transmission isn't a good as the 4cycl but it doesn't just fail like that,i should know i use the exact same car,bought mine toks in 2017 and the gear is still going strong.
2. Fuel consumption is slightly higher than the 4cycl variant but it won't last 3 week...maybe if you don't drive it
3. I've changed my whole power steering assembly,cost about 45k approx. So that shouldn't be an issue.
Basically it seems like a very good bargain(if it was a 4cycl I'd advise you to look away)
Drop your number,I'll add you my honda group...it'll go a long way in terms of tech support.
Cheers!!

Kindly add my number to the honda group 07066661158
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
speedfreak:

Cheers!!

Thanks a lot bro...so how long would a full tank last please?

Also why run away from 4cylinders? Thought everyone rushes it?
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by thebigkendo(m): 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2020
OP please don't pay.. Gimme the owners phone number lemme check something grin
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2020
thebigkendo:
OP please don't pay.. Gimme the owners phone number lemme check something grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 4:34am On Aug 12, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Bros you still never explain what "that vehicle ina V6 engine is a big NO" means.

Please elaborate sir, cos I'm supposed to buy it today.

Thanks...
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by femi4: 5:27am On Aug 12, 2020
Welcome to the ball joint issh family. That car is low, make sure you have good roads else you ll be spending so much on fixing suspension
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by ksmart027(m): 8:14am On Aug 12, 2020
PaulH07:

Bros you still never explain what "that vehicle ina V6 engine is a big NO" means.

Thanks...
The v6 of that car always have transmission issue, it is advisable you go for the inline 4.
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by 9icetoo(m): 11:04am On Aug 12, 2020
PaulH07:
Full tank takes about 3 weeks.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by 9icetoo(m): 11:05am On Aug 12, 2020
PaulH07:

Thanks...
He stated it right there.
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by PaulH07: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
9icetoo:

He stated it right there.

Me I don buy am already sha...
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by dicksonadams(m): 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
How I wish it was the 4 cylinder variant... Or a manual gear variant of the V6.

Statistically, you can google this, the 6 cylinder variant is more prone to automatic transmission failure, reason being that the engine is too strong for the auto transmission and easily wear it out, Also the power steering of the V6 fails more often than the i4.

Best value for money would be the V6 + manual gear or i4 + auto or manual gear

Every other things are the same
Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by mogreen22: 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2020
PaulH07:

Thanks...
I can understand the rush and excitement because I want to assume this is your first car and e Dey Shaq you to don Dey drive but don’t rush to buy a car that you will start crying for the next day. First off, who ever told
You that full tank will
Last tou for 3weeks definitely is out there to deceive you, the fact that you’d even believe that shows you are naive to that cars fueling. It’s a V6, secondly, it’s never just gas to top up AC, never!! That Ac definitely has issues. I honesly don’t thing that car is a good first car for someone on a budget. My bro was exactly in your shoes. Was too excited to get a “car” ended up getting this same car and it was regret all through. The car gurus have spoken against it. Ultimately, it’s left for you to decided if you want it or not. But don’t let that excitement make you buy something that would be gbese for you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy This EOD? by diportivo: 7:51am On Aug 13, 2020
mogreen22:

I can understand the rush and excitement because I want to assume this is your first car and e Dey Shaq you to don Dey drive but don’t rush to buy a car that you will start crying for the next day. First off, who ever told
You that full tank will
Last tou for 3weeks definitely is out there to deceive you, the fact that you’d even believe that shows you are naive to that cars fueling. It’s a V6, secondly, it’s never just gas to top up AC, never!! That Ac definitely has issues. I honesly don’t thing that car is a good first car for someone on a budget. My bro was exactly in your shoes. Was too excited to get a “car” ended up getting this same car and it was regret all through. The car gurus have spoken against it. Ultimately, it’s left for you to decided if you want it or not. But don’t let that excitement make you buy something that would be gbese for you

the guy don buy am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? / Must A Nigerian Guy Have A Car Before A Lady Agrees To Go Out With Him? / I Need Small Car Like This (pictures) How Can I Get And How Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.