Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,457 members, 7,781,314 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:22 PM

My Experience Doing Physical Labour Work At A Building Construction Site - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience Doing Physical Labour Work At A Building Construction Site (627 Views)

Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site / Work At Home Taking Survey (IMPORTANT UPDATE) / Physical Verification For 2017 N-Power Applicants Begins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Doing Physical Labour Work At A Building Construction Site by GreaterFuture1(m): 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2020
No Jobs, No Money, No Business and I have to survive, so I went to A Building Construction Site About 15Mins walk from my house.
I did concrete work, hwichbis the Only Job that would be always available Steadily. Concrete work is somewhat Different from Regular Bricklaying work. This Labour work is commonly referred to as konkéré or Casting. It is Physically more Demanding and Exhausting than being a Labourer for a the traditional bricklayer. You work with Carpenters and Welders, you work from morning to evenings sometimes late into the night. The workload and Stress is reduced a bit when we have a Machine concrete Mixer on Site (those large revolving drums powered by an electric motor). IMHO I think this is One of the toughest construction Site Jobs even. I have worked at Construction sites in the past, the last time was for a few weeks in mid 2014 and I did more of regular bricklaying labour not Casting work.
This work is Not easy at all. It's not about strength per say, but Endurance, you need real extreme endurance. These men, Ogas and Engineers at the site know that you need work and will usually use you anyhow. As I mentioned earlier you day's work Start from morning till any time, it does not have a Fixed time.
Ladies, Women and Teens work on site, some boys in their mid teens even. Young skinny Short boys doing Physical work that many big hefty Gym Guys can't do.
And after a Long hard day, My wage is 2000 (TWO THOUSAND NAIRA). feeding money dey inside too Some members get 2500 or 3k, a few Longtimers get 3500 naira. I know Some good Sites/Contractors/Companies Pay more. I have heard of some that pay like atleas 5k naira per day -excluding feeding- and have break time with reasonable Working hours. Like some government works, Island Jobs, Road Construction etc. Please If you have Connections to any good paying Construction Site work Pls Link me Up.
This is what some people do to survive even b4 COVID-19. Hmmn life is not easy in Nigeria for many people at all and More have joined since this Corona Situation period.
I saw and better understood another Angle and level to living conditions of people, and how this is normal to many of them. Cos some of these Guys, women and Boys have been doing these work for months and Years. Maybe some other time I will talk about how illiteracy, lack of Exposure and of course Poverty Shapes a Person life with so much Power and influence to very deep extents that the individual does not even realize.
You may Ask me questions pertaining to this and I will try my best to answer them.
Y'all have a good one #peace
Re: My Experience Doing Physical Labour Work At A Building Construction Site by Coder2Client(m): 10:47pm On Aug 11, 2020
How much did you spend on OloSho after work day?
Re: My Experience Doing Physical Labour Work At A Building Construction Site by Ayoade19993(m): 10:49pm On Aug 11, 2020
Coder2Client:
How much did you spend on OloSho after work day?
Re: My Experience Doing Physical Labour Work At A Building Construction Site by Bluntguy: 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
I pray for you, " Better life fall on you"

(1) (Reply)

Job Opportunity For The Good People Of Oyo State / 600M2 Plot of land for sale in Ikosi-Ketu - 7M / Courier Agents Wanted Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.