Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine (48371 Views)

Kano State Records First COVID-19 Case / Anambra Extends Lockdown, Tightens Measures, After Recording First Covid-19 Case / First COVID-19 Patient In Oyo Discharged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Upaka(f): 9:00am On Aug 12, 2020
Pimpmaride:
.. I hope my order is among sha coz I ordered for 500 millions doses to resell

Upaka where are you? Biz Don land

Ooooooooooooooh.. Leave me aloneeeeeeee
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Hedonisco: 9:01am On Aug 12, 2020
naijaking1:
Would you take a vaccine from Putin?

Certainly not. Can't trust Russia with this kind of thing.

Call me what you want but I'd rather trust the democratic, more transparent West.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 12, 2020
Waite for China to start producing and selling this drug developed by Russians.

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by dangermouse(m): 9:01am On Aug 12, 2020
chrisblack:
that's not true. The issue with the Russian vacancine is that proper standard as regards clinicay trials were not properly followed.it was rushed in other for them to claim first. This is a fact even the WHO.is worried about.please check the timeline. The issue and fear is over the next phase of the virus evolution would the so called vaccine help or further worsen the situation we don't know .there are no proper verifiable data as regards the Russian claim. They skipped various stages of trials ,which are very important ones.My point is Africans should be very careful in jumping on these claim.
U are informed.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Coldfeets: 9:02am On Aug 12, 2020
brightovio007:
ASUU where your vaccine?

E still dey with IPPIS.

Once the Department of IPPIS gives ASUU the go ahead order, ASUU will release the vaccine to the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by dermmy(m): 9:03am On Aug 12, 2020
Coldfeets:

E still dey with IPPIS.
;grin grin
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 12, 2020
Upaka:

Ooooooooooooooh.. Leave me aloneeeeeeee
Upaka dear gringrin
Have i don sumtin wrong ni
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 12, 2020
dantewest:

Vaccines are usually very cheap and sometimes free. $10 is too much

That's after it has been subsidized by government or NGOs. There's no free lunch anywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Hedonisco: 9:04am On Aug 12, 2020
kikero:

Vaccines cannot 'impact the DNA of its recipient'

What the covid vaccine does is inject RNA into the body which would assemble proteins in the body which would stimulate an immune response, which would protect from the SARS Mers COV2 virus which causes covid19.

All vaccines to some extent do what you are saying...they 'manipulate the DNA' to produce an immune response to protect from illness.

Stop the conspiracy theory thinking.

You are within the limits/boundaries of your own knowledge of the subject matter. You should not assume that is all there is to know about the possibilities.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Buksaylor: 9:05am On Aug 12, 2020
chrisblack:
that's not true. The issue with the Russian vacancine is that proper standard as regards clinicay trials were not properly followed.it was rushed in other for them to claim first. This is a fact even the WHO.is worried about.please check the timeline. The issue and fear is over the next phase of the virus evolution would the so called vaccine help or further worsen the situation we don't know .there are no proper verifiable data as regards the Russian claim. They skipped various stages of trials ,which are very important ones.My point is Africans should be very careful in jumping on these claim.

China Health Organization oh sorry WHO will never support that because it's not Bill Gates.The pandemic has to be sustained till after the US elections.And because American Election has not come and Trump has not lost.Amd we also know that Vladimir is Trump's Ally and will be working to help.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by knowhowk: 9:05am On Aug 12, 2020
naijaking1:
Would you take a vaccine from Putin?
. They have started unnecessary sentiments ,I know they will surely come up with this Gibberish .How about the Russians that will take it ,The Head Leader made sure his daughter first took it and she is alive .So does the Russian Blood and Gene Different from.other Humans ? Abeg Putin welldone ooo

5 Likes

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Judgesledge(m): 9:07am On Aug 12, 2020
chrisblack:
Totally concur, considering the magnitude of this global challenge posed by CORVID 19, safety and proven efficacy should come first and not some cheap political first. The Russian vaccine clinical trial was not extensive enough and the demographic spread was limited, even China that had a head start over everyone are still doing their trials with each phase data and result published and peer reviewed
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Hedonisco: 9:08am On Aug 12, 2020
kikero:

Our education budget...for prinary secondary and university is $3 billion. Out of that, universities have to share less than $1billion.

Meanwhile , some univerisites aborad spend more than that for research.

If you want your universites to produce world beating research, maybe you should put pressure on your senator and company to PROPERLY FUND YOUR UNIVERSITES.

Funding is NOT the problem my friend. Even if you allocate $100 billion in research grants to our universities to share, then these incompetent and obnoxious 'professors' and lecturers would only become the new moneybags. Wasting money on acquiring mansions, luxury cars, and philandering. They are already doing that with the little grants they receive now. It's a Nigerian problem. Not a funding problem.

9 Likes

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 12, 2020
chrisblack:
that's not true. The issue with the Russian vacancine is that proper standard as regards clinicay trials were not properly followed.it was rushed in other for them to claim first. This is a fact even the WHO.is worried about.please check the timeline. The issue and fear is over the next phase of the virus evolution would the so called vaccine help or further worsen the situation we don't know .there are no proper verifiable data as regards the Russian claim. They skipped various stages of trials ,which are very important ones. My point is Africans should be very careful in jumping on these claim.

Russians have been accused of hacking data related to the Covid-19 vaccine from US, Canada, UK and Australia joint research.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by SavageBoy: 9:08am On Aug 12, 2020
kikero:

Our education budget...for prinary secondary and university is $3 billion. Out of that, universities have to share less than $1billion.

Meanwhile , some univerisites aborad spend more than that for research.

If you want your universites to produce world beating research, maybe you should put pressure on your senator and company to PROPERLY FUND YOUR UNIVERSITES.

You must be a Nigerian lecturer grin

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Austineva(m): 9:09am On Aug 12, 2020
brightovio007:
ASUU where your vaccine?
grin grin. They are yet to consult Baba Oyo herbal grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by sunbreaker: 9:13am On Aug 12, 2020
dawnomike:
Huge revenue potential for Russia... If a vial of vaccine is sold for just $10. That translates to $10 Billion dollars within days for the country. shocked

The reward of advanced research.
pls where is Nigeria professors?
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by krisllins(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2020
Cheap only when it's been subsidized. Cost of Research and development is usually huge
dantewest:

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by figoperch: 9:14am On Aug 12, 2020
dantewest:
Why not?

Àbí o.
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Austineva(m): 9:16am On Aug 12, 2020
marsman:
Trump tried to safe America from this Embarrassment but there stubbornness no gree
I tell u
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by sunbreaker: 9:18am On Aug 12, 2020
dantewest:

$10 is not too much,just #4700. How much you use to treat malaria?
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Neddstark: 9:18am On Aug 12, 2020
Russia don hammer. as in biggest hammer ever grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by ajepako(f): 9:19am On Aug 12, 2020
Russia..

The real King of the North...

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by Neddstark: 9:20am On Aug 12, 2020
chrisblack:

True though. Let them not say in future that the vaccine kills libido or fertility in bid for world depopulation
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by nnamdi640: 9:21am On Aug 12, 2020
Djyucee1:
I don't trust Russians
If you don't trust Russian,is it Nigerian will you now trust.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by tragergeorge(m): 9:22am On Aug 12, 2020
chrisblack:
says who,,
Your source please
Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by palsenator(m): 9:22am On Aug 12, 2020
dantewest:

Some people are too dull in this part of the world. They think vaccines are meant to make money...lol Thanks for educating us

1 Like

Re: Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine by joycegurl: 9:23am On Aug 12, 2020
at last.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Nigerian Family Of Doctors Based In The US (Photos) / Obiano To Open The 16 Storey Hospital At Umuchukwu Village (Photos) / I Need Supplements For Weight Gain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.