Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion (1960 Views)

Igbos Has Built Commercial And Cosmopolitan City- UN Report / Do Igbos Have The Ability To Build A Commercial Center Or Cosmopolitan City / Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
Afam4eva:

Like i said, Anambra will appear in another list. Hapu'm kam zuo ike biko.

You already sound defeated. Every single thing is all about etthncity.

maybee I should compile a cosmopolitan list of all wawas in nigeria so as not to defy your logic.

you insulted a list initially published and ended up messing yourself up...

2 Likes

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Blue3k(m): 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2020
Afam4eva:

You're the one who has comprehension deficiency because you either do not ready or find it hard absorbing information else you would see where i stated MY OWN CRITERIA. I had to write it in bold this time, so you wouldn't miss it.

Lol you're such a clown pick up dictionary check for yourself. You're using big words you dont understand. Google Oxford, cambridge and Webster are all wrong because you invented the word clown. The word cosmopolitan is subjective like the word best. It already has an established meaning to English speakers.

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Afam4eva(m): 12:02am On Aug 12, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol you're such a clown pick up dictionary check for yourself. You're using big words you dont understand. Google Oxford, cambridge and Webster are all wrong because you invented the word clown. The word cosmopolitan is subjective like the word best. It already has an established meaning to English speakers.
I said what i said. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Blue3k(m): 12:03am On Aug 12, 2020
Afam4eva:

I said what i said. Deal with it.

Ok uneducated clown expose your foolishness.

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 12, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol its funny you're exposing you're ignorance here after calling people uneducated. You've been using the word wrong if that's whst you think it means.

The guy clearly a mumu. Simple words he doesn't understand. He thinks the word cosmopolitan is subjective like the word best. What makes a city or state cosmopolitan cant be people of the same nationality all residing there. Even when knowledge is free but the clown wants to be an ignoramus.

Don't blame him because I keep on saying that half education is totally dangerous especially when obtained in a rural secondary school...

where he comes from, that's how they behave. always looking for who to drag along in the mud.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Maadoo: 12:17am On Aug 12, 2020
Afam4eva:
There's a thread on the most cosmopolitan states in Nigeria here but like a lot of opinionated threads, it is riddled with misinformation which comes from a place of ignorance and half baked education. I saw IBADAN in the list even though the list what for states instead of cities and it made me wonder what sort of education some Nigerians have.

I also had a problem with the fact that there was no criteria for the ranking. Are we using ethnic groups, religion, non indegenes ? It has to be clearly stated.

That's why i've decided to make my list of the most cosmopolitan states in Nigeria including ABUJA and my criteria is majorly the ethnic distribution of the states and i will be listing them from the most cosmopolitan.

1. LAGOS: This is Nigeria's former capital city and economic capital. Thousands of people make it to Lagos from all over the country on a daily basis. It is a state where you can hear just about any language in the streets, from Yoruba to pidgin English to Igbo and Hausa. Atleast 50% of the population of Lagos are non Yorubas.

2. ABUJA: This is Nigeria's capital territory and nowhere in Nigeria has a more nationalistic feel than this city. The fact that it is home to a lot of government ministries and parastatals means that you will see people from different ethnic groups in the city. It is not called the center of Unity for nothing.

3. Rivers State: This state is the most cosmopolitan state in southern apart from Lagos. It is mostly populated by people from ethnic groups in the south, particular people from states closer to it. That is why you find Ijaws, Igbos, Ikwerres, Ibibios and people from a lot of minority groups in the south. You also have a large Hausa and Yoruba population in the state.

4. Delta State: This state by providence is already cosmopolitan because the state is home to ethnic groups ranging from the Urhobos, Isokos, Itsekiris, Ijaws and the Igbos that are native to the states. You also have a large influx of Igbos from the neigbouring state of Anambra to the capital city of Asaba. it is also home to Edos, Hausas, Yorubas and people from other ethhnic groups.

5. OGUN: Despite being a majority Yoruba state, owing to it's closeness to Lagos state, Ogun has distinguished itself as one of the most cosmopolitaan states as you have people fro all over the country calling the state home especially in places close to Lagos.

6. KADUNA: This state is a special place in Nigeria because it is home to a lot of government agencies which means that it will attract people from all over the country. There's a huge population of Igbo, Yoruba and people from Northern ethnic groups.

7. EDO: The capital of Edo state, Benin used to be the capital of the old Bendel state and as such is home to people from areas that made up the state. That's why you would find Urhobos, Isokos, Ijaws, Itsekiri and Delta Igbos in the capital of the state either doing business of attending the prestigious university of Benin.

Bro Ogun, Edo and Kaduna cannot be more cosmopolitan than Abia and Anambra. Do you know the number of people that troop into these states in search of greener pastures, and traders from mostly west African countries coming to purchase goods to be taken back to their home countries? Abia for example has a lot of ibibios, Efiks, Ijaw, Hausa and yorubas people.

Asides Lagos, Non indigenes in most states in the southwest including ogun are mostly paid workers in government institutions and some manufacturing companies. The only non indigenes that may still be found outside the corporate sectors in these states are mostly Igbo and northern traders. But compare it to states that are purely commercial and imagine the number of people that troop to those states.

For lighter explanation, compare the number of traders in Alaba or ladipo markets And the number of workers employed by all the banks in Lagos state combined.

Then take it to all the markets in Aba or Onitsha alone and them imagine the number of people in those markets such that they even have sections for non indigenes sef.

If Kano is on the list, then Anambra and Abia should be there. They are all in the same category.

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Blue3k(m): 12:21am On Aug 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Don't blame him because I keep on saying that half education is totally dangerous especially when obtained in a rural secondary school...

where he comes from, that's how they behave. always looking for who to drag along in the mud.

Oh well it's part of his clown culture to be willfully ignorant. The word he's looking for is diverse not cosmopolitan. He's decided to die on this hill so there's no helping him.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by BabaRamota1980: 2:55am On Aug 12, 2020
Afam4eva:
There's a thread on the most cosmopolitan states in Nigeria here but like a lot of opinionated threads, it is riddled with misinformation which comes from a place of ignorance and half baked education. I saw IBADAN in the list even though the list what for states instead of cities and it made me wonder what sort of education some Nigerians have.

I also had a problem with the fact that there was no criteria for the ranking. Are we using ethnic groups, religion, non indegenes ? It has to be clearly stated.

That's why i've decided to make my list of the most cosmopolitan states in Nigeria including ABUJA and my criteria is majorly the ethnic distribution of the states and i will be listing them from the most cosmopolitan.

1. LAGOS: This is Nigeria's former capital city and economic capital. Thousands of people make it to Lagos from all over the country on a daily basis. It is a state where you can hear just about any language in the streets, from Yoruba to pidgin English to Igbo and Hausa. Atleast 50% of the population of Lagos are non Yorubas.

2. ABUJA: This is Nigeria's capital territory and nowhere in Nigeria has a more nationalistic feel than this city. The fact that it is home to a lot of government ministries and parastatals means that you will see people from different ethnic groups in the city. It is not called the center of Unity for nothing.

3. Rivers State: This state is the most cosmopolitan state in southern apart from Lagos. It is mostly populated by people from ethnic groups in the south, particular people from states closer to it. That is why you find Ijaws, Igbos, Ikwerres, Ibibios and people from a lot of minority groups in the south. You also have a large Hausa and Yoruba population in the state.

4. Delta State: This state by providence is already cosmopolitan because the state is home to ethnic groups ranging from the Urhobos, Isokos, Itsekiris, Ijaws and the Igbos that are native to the states. You also have a large influx of Igbos from the neigbouring state of Anambra to the capital city of Asaba. it is also home to Edos, Hausas, Yorubas and people from other ethhnic groups.

5. OGUN: Despite being a majority Yoruba state, owing to it's closeness to Lagos state, Ogun has distinguished itself as one of the most cosmopolitaan states as you have people fro all over the country calling the state home especially in places close to Lagos.

6. KADUNA: This state is a special place in Nigeria because it is home to a lot of government agencies which means that it will attract people from all over the country. There's a huge population of Igbo, Yoruba and people from Northern ethnic groups.

7. EDO: The capital of Edo state, Benin used to be the capital of the old Bendel state and as such is home to people from areas that made up the state. That's why you would find Urhobos, Isokos, Ijaws, Itsekiri and Delta Igbos in the capital of the state either doing business of attending the prestigious university of Benin.

You accuse people of mis education but you then exhibited caveman mentality by throwing out figures not backed by any census count. grin

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by 24SEVEN: 4:22am On Aug 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:

There is no basis to justify your drift, go and re-write that thing.

if someone indigenous to a state makes it cosmopolitan then no need for others to join as the meaning of the word has been rendered useless.

Osagyefo my boy, you go school. When I saw the initial thread that made FP, I was expecting it to consist of States filled with foreigners not just Nigerians but i saw something else.

Nigerians have their own way of doing their thing Sha.

Cosmopolitan all day long refers to the foreigners mix in a state or city and the ability for those foreigners to feel comfortable living in a particular place like it's their home. Given such criteria, I can't really list any Nigerian state or city.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 12, 2020
24SEVEN:

Osagyefo my boy, you go school. When I saw the initial thread that made FP, I was expecting it to consist of States filled with foreigners not just Nigerians but i saw something else.

Nigerians have their own way of doing their thing Sha.

Cosmopolitan all day long refers to the foreigners mix in a state or city and the ability for those foreigners to feel comfortable living in a particular place like it's their home. Given such criteria, I can't really list any Nigerian state or city.

Each time you returned you fond of throwing tantrums. So I am your boy now?
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Afam4eva(m): 8:19am On Aug 12, 2020
Maadoo:

Bro Ogun, Edo and Kaduna cannot be more cosmopolitan than Abia and Anambra. Do you know the number of people that troop into these states in search of greener pastures, and traders from mostly west African countries coming to purchase goods to be taken back to their home countries? Abia for example has a lot of ibibios, Efiks, Ijaw, Hausa and yorubas people.

Asides Lagos, Non indigenes in most states in the southwest including ogun are mostly paid workers in government institutions and some manufacturing companies. The only non indigenes that may still be found outside the corporate sectors in these states are mostly Igbo and northern traders. But compare it to states that are purely commercial and imagine the number of people that troop to those states.

For lighter explanation, compare the number of traders in Alaba or ladipo markets And the number of workers employed by all the banks in Lagos state combined.

Then take it to all the markets in Aba or Onitsha alone and them imagine the number of people in those markets such that they even have sections for non indigenes sef.

If Kano is on the list, then Anambra and Abia should be there. They are all in the same category.
Kano is not in the list and that is why Anambra and ABia are not there. They are quite similar. Those states are heavily dominated by one group despite the fact that people from different tribes come into the state to buy something.

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by 24SEVEN: 8:32am On Aug 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Each time you returned you fond of throwing tantrums. So I am your boy now?

So you know I've been serving 14days ban. To think of it, how would you know. Did you have a hand in it??
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 12, 2020
24SEVEN:

So you know I've been serving 14days ban. To think of it, how would you know. Did you have a hand in it??

I am not aware of your predicament though your ban doesn't sound suprising to me.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by 24SEVEN: 11:09am On Aug 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:

I am not aware of your predicament though your ban doesn't sound suprising to me.

No be small predicament. Na your sister Amarabae instigate me. Then your brothers meleszenawi and Igboid report me wen I gave it back to her hot. No worry, I go give them their own ban for this Nairaland.

But I like you, you are a good Ghanaian. grin
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Igboid: 11:29am On Aug 12, 2020
24SEVEN:

No be small predicament. Na your sister Amarabae instigate me. Then your brothers meleszenawi and Igboid report me wen I gave it back to her hot. No worry, I go give them their own ban for this Nairaland.

I have never reported anyone since I have been on NL.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by 24SEVEN: 11:31am On Aug 12, 2020
Igboid:

I have never reported anyone since I have been on NL.

Then that Ethiopian snitch called Meles Zenawi is the one who reported. Instead of him to insult me back and life goes on. He went to report. All these sissy men on NL.

I heard they've given Ikoku people quit notice. You now have a good foundation to lay your Ikwerrephobia on. Good luck to you.

https://www.nairaland.com/6049113/landlords-issue-quit-notice-5000#92731354
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2020
24SEVEN:

Lol. Seriously...

So they are now my brothers and sisters?

You no be by brother abi
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by 24SEVEN: 11:41am On Aug 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Lol. Seriously...
So they are now my brothers and sisters?
You no be by brother abi

I am from Ikwerre, you are from Igbo.. We are friends. grin.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 12, 2020
24SEVEN:

I am from Ikwerre, you are from Igbo.. We are friends. grin.

Igbo and Ikwerre shouldn't be on same sentence.
Not at all.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - My Opinion by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 14, 2020
24SEVEN:

Just shut it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Continual Kidnapping: Heavy Protest Hits Kaduna. / What I Told Tinubu About His 2023 Ambition - Prophet Segun Adebayo / More ESN Terrorists, Rounded Up In Aba, Yesterday (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.