Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:14 PM

What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? (23683 Views)

What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? / What Have You Learned From The Recent Layoffs? / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by GeoAfrikana(m): 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
loneprof:

Alaye, they said first... No need for story na! grin

@Topic

HTML cool

Lol... Very funny.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by wordsNOTswords(m): 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
rowland545:
Pls anyone with any good PDF file on how to learn any programming language will be

You can send to my email.....rowlande87@gmail.com
pay money and I will send you all the materials you need.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Sheriman(m): 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
I don't have time Getting my brain bursted with CRAMMING OF PROGRAMMING CODES.. I love using Elementor pro to build blogs and websites
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by 24SEVEN: 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2020
Darkseid:
Nigerian universities still dey teach FORTRAN till today, and you'll wonder why the country is still stagnant.

Maybe for historical purposes. Though long obsolete, That language is like the foundation of computing.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by rowland545(m): 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
olubantylove:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pThnRneDjw
check that link out, it's going to show you the guides to being a developer... it's actually a video by traversy media... you can as well check him out on YouTube.
thanks bro
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
Precisely, although Articifial intelligence is also competing, Researchers have developed, A.I Capable of making software or doing the coding. There is that danger in the future that A.I will also compete with human coders, especially in very repeatitive codes, through creation of patterns.
GeoAfrikana:

Yes knowledge of Microsoft office is now ubiquitous. No, it hasn't become redundant.

Rather, it has become requisite knowledge that you're expected to have.

Same way programming is turning into requisite knowledge for many social science and engineering fields.

Today, the world has more data than traditional methods and tools like excel, SPSS etc can comfortably handle. This is what they call BIG DATA. And this data is coming at an undescribable fast rate than.

Tell me, how can you analyze 2 million rows of data with excel on your computer. Now imagine if the values of those two million rows keep changing every every hour. How can your typical tool handle that?

That's where programming comes in. As a statistician with programming skills, you can help your company automate the boring, redundant or even humanly-impossible tasks therefore helping them make guided decisions.

Programming is the future of any decision support system.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by rowland545(m): 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
Sirwallace:

go to pdfdrive.com

and search for these books:

automate the boring stuff in Python
Python for dummies
eloquent javascript.

start from there and check what fascinate you.
thanks bro...this is very helpful I appreciate
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by GeoAfrikana(m): 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
CountDracula:

You're wrong sir.
Exactly, he's very wrong.

Google has a petabyte scale platform for analyzing satellite data. The platform uses JavaScript as it's major language. Although, thru had to create a Python API also because most researchers are more comfortable with python.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by GeoAfrikana(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
SeriouslySense:
Precisely, although Articifial intelligence is also competing, Researchers have developed, A.I Capable of making software or doing the coding. There is that danger in the future that A.I will also compete with human coders, especially in very repeatitive codes, through creation of patterns.

In all, computers will always need humans. It's just a matter of being at alert to changes in paradigm.

4 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2020
I would not agree less.
GeoAfrikana:

In all, computers will always need humans. It's just a matter of being at alert to changes in paradigm.

4 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by blife2: 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
Sirwallace:

python is huge no doubt, but from first hand experience in a big corporate organization, python is as useless there as I mention.

business intelligences provided by Power BI and DAX in excel has rendered it useless.

for big Data and scientific data analysis, Oython can make sway there with TensorFlow, pandas and the likes.
Both are from differrent purposes then but pythpn is more flexible in terms of wrangling cleaning wait and every thing

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Kennyking1234: 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2020
Aguemma:

Am interested sir
message me on telegram. @Kennyking1234
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Kvngfrosh(m): 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2020
Sheriman:
I don't have time Getting my brain bursted with CRAMMING OF PROGRAMMING CODES.. I love using Elementor pro to build blogs and websites
grin You are not a programmer or developer sef

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by iLearner: 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2020
ElvisPresley:
Javascript and Python

Javascript is the only programming language that gives python a run for it's money.. Most programmers don't see javascript as a very good language but why I find javascript so impressive is cos it is the language of web browsers so demand for it will remain high for the foreseeable future!
The disadvantage is it can only be used in Web development.

Python on the other hand is the fastest growing programming language in the world....It is very flexible .The only disadvantage I see in Python is you can't use it for front-end web development or front-end app development..

Wrong.

JavaScript can be used in Web development (fronted and backend), Mobile app development with React Native, Desktop app development with Electronjs, Game development with Phaser, Data science with TensorFlow.js, Robotics and hardwares with Johnny-Five..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by seunny4lif(m): 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2020
CS course
in Nigeria Uni is a joke
Darkseid:
Nigerian universities still dey teach FORTRAN till today, and you'll wonder why the country is still stagnant.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Onnasucs1(m): 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
HTML
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by femi4: 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2020
Qbasic
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by trigger11(m): 1:48pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kennyking1234:
Python during my ss2 days. Still learning though.

..if you want to learn programming, I have resources to give for free. Quote me.

please can you help
am interested
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by nelojay: 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
python
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by IMAliyu(m): 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
Java.

Looking to get into python next.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Etinosa1234: 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2020
stanliwise:
JavaScript
Although I later dumped it for my true love PHP. Don't ask me why

lemme guess

it was too hard grin
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by soleexx(m): 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
uc4uandc:
Abeg which one is simplest
How do I start?
Do I need a tutor?
Do I need to download an app on my PC?
Where do I download?
What is the name of the App?

I want to learn programming

Search for programming school online within your location.. Probably lagos... Let them know you are novice with coding.. Tell them what you will like to become
Programmer
Developer
Graphics expert and more
They will help you make perfect decision
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by soleexx(m): 2:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
zimdante:
this thread is not for ethical hackers like us, i will pass

Hacking is not for everyone
But it such a nice IT field
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Sulele04(m): 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
uc4uandc:
Abeg which one is simplest How do I start? Do I need a tutor? Do I need to download an app on my PC? Where do I download? What is the name of the App?
I want to learn programming
mail me i will guide you
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by soleexx(m): 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
Nobody is talking about cyber security
Guys are boiling hard with CybSecurity
And its really easy to learn for both m/f

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by shegzhkn: 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
Sirwallace:

yeah.

many people don't see web developers as programmers. annoying but it is what it is.

I have a friend from school who started programing because he was a game freak and decided to go on and create his own version of PES. that's the motivation.

the dude is part of the team who create the Lagos Bus ATM scan and pay device.

You right.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Sirwallace(m): 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
rowland545:
thanks bro...this is very helpful I appreciate

you are welcome.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by yahmohy27: 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
Traviscottt:
Yoruba..tho I'm still learning the language.
Yes,we are many
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Sirwallace(m): 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2020
blife2:

Both are from differrent purposes then but pythpn is more flexible in terms of wrangling cleaning wait and every thing

I agree.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by pheesayor(m): 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
QBasic, compulsory course, 2nd semester 100L
logicDcoder:
Over to you the professionals!
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2020
soleexx:

Hacking is not for everyone But it such a nice IT field
once again you av judged correctly
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Onyenna(m): 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2020
Fotran was my first cos it was a compulsory course in Engineering.....

Python was my 2nd.... I learnt it on my own after graduation.....

I tried Ruby at some point but didn't really take it serious....It's kinda similar to Python though....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? / Community Project(strictly Java) / What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.