Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

My Experience With Mental Health Medication - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience With Mental Health Medication (313 Views)

Making Money From Your Health Medication / Bayelsa Commences Evacuation Of People Living With Mental Health Disorders / Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Mental Health Medication by Theladysroom: 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
It’s been several weeks since I started taking medication for my mental health and speaking to a therapist weekly. I write about it here. My official diagnosis was clinical depression and type 2 bipolar disorder. I promised I was going to share the experience with you so here goes.

The first thing I would like to say is that I wish I had done this sooner. The quality of my life has improved in a lot of ways. By asking questions, the therapist has been able to help me see patterns that were invisible to me in the past. She has helped me see why I suffer from anxiety and become prone to panic attacks and bouts of depression. So far, we are working on ways to modify my behaviour, so that I am better prepared to deal with anxiety, panic and depression.

As someone who just started on this mental health journey, I will encourage you to seek out therapy, and if they recommend medication alongside, don’t be afraid to try it. Ask questions, read about whatever they recommend through google and have faith in the healing process. You deserve healing, you deserve help to manage your mental health. Go for it. https://theladysroom.ng/my-experience-with-mental-health-medication/

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Mental Health Medication by olufizzy: 9:58am On Dec 25, 2023
Theladysroom:
It’s been several weeks since I started taking medication for my mental health and speaking to a therapist weekly. I write about it here. My official diagnosis was clinical depression and type 2 bipolar disorder. I promised I was going to share the experience with you so here goes.

The first thing I would like to say is that I wish I had done this sooner. The quality of my life has improved in a lot of ways. By asking questions, the therapist has been able to help me see patterns that were invisible to me in the past. She has helped me see why I suffer from anxiety and become prone to panic attacks and bouts of depression. So far, we are working on ways to modify my behaviour, so that I am better prepared to deal with anxiety, panic and depression.

As someone who just started on this mental health journey, I will encourage you to seek out therapy, and if they recommend medication alongside, don’t be afraid to try it. Ask questions, read about whatever they recommend through google and have faith in the healing process. You deserve healing, you deserve help to manage your mental health. Go for it. https://theladysroom.ng/my-experience-with-mental-health-medication/

Thanks for sharing this! It’s been almost 3 years now, I would like to know what your progress has been like. Did the medications help ?

Thanks
Re: My Experience With Mental Health Medication by Originalsly: 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2023
olufizzy:

Thanks for sharing this! It’s been almost 3 years now, I would like to know what your progress has been like. Did the medications help ?

Thanks

I guess he tripped out with the first batch of medication! I'll advise anyone .... stay away from mental health medications... you can turn into something else when for some reason you can't keep up with the dosage.

(1) (Reply)

Hepatitis B Herbal Treatments / Are You Battling With Frigidity? / Cribmd Uber For Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.