Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,655 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Reactions As Joe Biden Names Sen. Kamala Harris, As His Running Mate - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Reactions As Joe Biden Names Sen. Kamala Harris, As His Running Mate (290 Views)

Kanye West Asks Donald Trump To Be His Running Mate In 2024 / Biography, Net Worth Of Kamala Harris, The US Vice President-Elect / Joe Biden Picks Senator Kamala Harris as VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reactions As Joe Biden Names Sen. Kamala Harris, As His Running Mate by Damco007(m): 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2020
In what seemed like years. Former US Vice president Joe Biden who served under President Barack Obama has finally chosen one of his fierce rivals in the just concluded Democrats primary election as his running mate in the upcoming November Presidential elections.

Biden made his announcement in an email to his supporters.

"I know a thing or two about being Vice President. More than anything, Iknow it can't be a political decision. It has to be a governing decision. If the people of this nation entrust me and Kamala with the office of President and Vice President for the next four years, we're going to inherit a nation in crisis, a nation divided, and a world in disarray. We won't have a minute to waste. That's what led me to Kamala Harris," Biden said in the email.

He also recalled the first time he met Harris through his late son, Beau.

"They were both Attorneys General at the same time. He had enormous respect for her and her work. I thought a lot about that as I made this decision. There is no one's opinion I valued more than Beau's and I'm proud to have Kamala standing with me on this campaign," he said.

In a tweet, Harris who became the first Black and South Asian American woman chosen for national office by a major political party said she's honored to join Biden and will "do what it takes to make him our Commander-in-Chief."

More reactions from the political world continue to trail the choice of Harris as running mate to a man that may likely be the oldest man to become a US President and also the second Catholic President after the renowed US President John F Kennedy.

Obama under whom Biden served called it "a good day for our country" in a tweet about the announcement.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, in a statement, called the choice of Harris a "historic and proud milestone for our country."

Also not left out are former US president Bill Clinton and his wife, Hillary Clinton who was also the Democratic nominee for president in 2016 tweeted at Biden and Harris congratulating them.

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer -- who was also a top contender for the position -- used "#WeHaveHerBack" in her tweet congratulating Harris.

Other Democrats including some of the women who were also on Joe Biden's vice-presidential shortlist have hailed his historic appointment of Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate.

ELizabeth Warren who was also among the top contenders for the VP nomination also tweeted

Sen. Bernie Sanders, a two-time presidential candidate and the last to suspend his 2020 presidential campaign also offered his congratulations in a tweet.

Former UN Ambassador Susan Rice, who was also a finalist for VP: "I warmly congratulate Senator Kamala Harris on her selection as Joe Biden’s Vice Presidential running mate," said Senator Harris is a tenacious and trailblazing leader who will make a great partner on the campaign trail."

Sen. Amy Klobuchar, who was once considered for the VP consideration, also wrote on Twitter: "Kamala is a good friend and incredibly strong public servant. Sometimes campaigns can tear friendships apart but we grew closer — and I know she has what it takes to lead side-by-side with Joe Biden.

Rep. Karen Bass, who was also being vetted by Biden, tweeted: "Kamala Harris is a great choice for Vice President. Her tenacious pursuit of justice and relentless advocacy for the people is what is needed right now. I worked closely with her when I was in Sacramento and she was the District Attorney in San Francisco. I continue to work closely with her here in Washington, DC as we push to reform our nation's policing system."

Andrew Yang, former 2020 candidate, said in a statement: "A vice presidential candidate who's leading the fight for cash relief for American families is exactly what our country needs right now. …

Senator Harris knows that, in this moment, the best thing we can do is invest in our people. I look forward to working with a Biden-Harris administration to get cash into Americans' hands."

Stacey Abrams, who was also being vetted for VP, tweeted: "I am privileged to have spoken with Vice President Biden at length over the weekend and again today. He is building a team that can rebuild America and restore our faith in what lies ahead."

House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, another strong supporter of Biden's presidential campaign told MSNBC: "I am ecstatic. As you know, I'm the father of three daughters. I've been saying what a plus it would be to have an African-American woman on the ticket. I just think we are breaking ground here."

https://dambela.com/2020/08/12/reaction-from-the-political-world-as-joe-biden-names-sen-kamala-harris-as-his-running-mate/
Re: Reactions As Joe Biden Names Sen. Kamala Harris, As His Running Mate by Vikkoh(m): 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
They should shaa make Travelling to their Country easy for US angry
Re: Reactions As Joe Biden Names Sen. Kamala Harris, As His Running Mate by Damco007(m): 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2020
Damco007:

In what seemed like years. Former US Vice president Joe Biden who served under President Barack Obama has finally chosen one of his fierce rivals in the just concluded Democrats primary election as his running mate in the upcoming November Presidential elections.

Biden made his announcement in an email to his supporters.

"I know a thing or two about being Vice President. More than anything, Iknow it can't be a political decision. It has to be a governing decision. If the people of this nation entrust me and Kamala with the office of President and Vice President for the next four years, we're going to inherit a nation in crisis, a nation divided, and a world in disarray. We won't have a minute to waste. That's what led me to Kamala Harris," Biden said in the email.

He also recalled the first time he met Harris through his late son, Beau.

"They were both Attorneys General at the same time. He had enormous respect for her and her work. I thought a lot about that as I made this decision. There is no one's opinion I valued more than Beau's and I'm proud to have Kamala standing with me on this campaign," he said.

In a tweet, Harris who became the first Black and South Asian American woman chosen for national office by a major political party said she's honored to join Biden and will "do what it takes to make him our Commander-in-Chief."

More reactions from the political world continue to trail the choice of Harris as running mate to a man that may likely be the oldest man to become a US President and also the second Catholic President after the renowed US President John F Kennedy.

Obama under whom Biden served called it "a good day for our country" in a tweet about the announcement.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, in a statement, called the choice of Harris a "historic and proud milestone for our country."

Also not left out are former US president Bill Clinton and his wife, Hillary Clinton who was also the Democratic nominee for president in 2016 tweeted at Biden and Harris congratulating them.

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer -- who was also a top contender for the position -- used "#WeHaveHerBack" in her tweet congratulating Harris.

Other Democrats including some of the women who were also on Joe Biden's vice-presidential shortlist have hailed his historic appointment of Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate.

ELizabeth Warren who was also among the top contenders for the VP nomination also tweeted

Sen. Bernie Sanders, a two-time presidential candidate and the last to suspend his 2020 presidential campaign also offered his congratulations in a tweet.

Former UN Ambassador Susan Rice, who was also a finalist for VP: "I warmly congratulate Senator Kamala Harris on her selection as Joe Biden’s Vice Presidential running mate," said Senator Harris is a tenacious and trailblazing leader who will make a great partner on the campaign trail."

Sen. Amy Klobuchar, who was once considered for the VP consideration, also wrote on Twitter: "Kamala is a good friend and incredibly strong public servant. Sometimes campaigns can tear friendships apart but we grew closer — and I know she has what it takes to lead side-by-side with Joe Biden.

Rep. Karen Bass, who was also being vetted by Biden, tweeted: "Kamala Harris is a great choice for Vice President. Her tenacious pursuit of justice and relentless advocacy for the people is what is needed right now. I worked closely with her when I was in Sacramento and she was the District Attorney in San Francisco. I continue to work closely with her here in Washington, DC as we push to reform our nation's policing system."

Andrew Yang, former 2020 candidate, said in a statement: "A vice presidential candidate who's leading the fight for cash relief for American families is exactly what our country needs right now. …

Senator Harris knows that, in this moment, the best thing we can do is invest in our people. I look forward to working with a Biden-Harris administration to get cash into Americans' hands."

Stacey Abrams, who was also being vetted for VP, tweeted: "I am privileged to have spoken with Vice President Biden at length over the weekend and again today. He is building a team that can rebuild America and restore our faith in what lies ahead."

House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, another strong supporter of Biden's presidential campaign told MSNBC: "I am ecstatic. As you know, I'm the father of three daughters. I've been saying what a plus it would be to have an African-American woman on the ticket. I just think we are breaking ground here."

https://dambela.com/2020/08/12/reaction-from-the-political-world-as-joe-biden-names-sen-kamala-harris-as-his-running-mate/
Re: Reactions As Joe Biden Names Sen. Kamala Harris, As His Running Mate by SoftP(m): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
See how decent their post were submitted’

Unlike one African Nation who will rather refresh their words of war’

Oh 9ja, are u watching this
Re: Reactions As Joe Biden Names Sen. Kamala Harris, As His Running Mate by Karlifate: 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2020
The conspiracy theorists will soon react to this.
Re: Reactions As Joe Biden Names Sen. Kamala Harris, As His Running Mate by Drvade(m): 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
We would get there someday.
#lets make good money. Check my signature.

(1) (Reply)

UPDATE HUBS: Russia,China, Iran Moving To Hack U.S. Election In 2020 - Microsoft / Happy 78th Birthday To Mr President Elect / *LGBTQI: Group Berates US President Biden Over Belligerent Attitude Towards Nige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.