Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,723 members, 7,805,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? (5587 Views)

Customs E-auction / Who Are The Genuine NL Car Dealers? / Who Are The Genuine NL Car Dealers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by dannywest: 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
I put in a bid for a Car last night on the NCS e-auction website https://app.trade.gov.ng/eauction/ and was notified I won today.

I've printed the assessment notice but since the vehicle is so far away (Ogun State),

I'd like to know if anyone else has won previously and what the process was like.

Auction Type: Seizure (Ogun State command)

1. After paying the amount you bid, were there any other payments to be made at the office? Official & Un-official?
2. How long was the process to get your car out?
3. What documents were you given with the car? Would you be given custom papers or which?
4. What was the general condition of the car?

I want to know so I know if it's worth it.

Thanks @fideBABA for the link you posted grin
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by soloehis(m): 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
You are about to be scammed

6 Likes

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by dannywest: 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2020
soloehis:

You were scammed?

I'm aware of the fake customs auctions.

This is done via the same portal where I process my Form M, PAAR and the like when importing items (trade.gov.ng) so except the Federal Government wants to scam me I don't see how else.

The customs always places disclaimers on the fake auctions on their website, this is this auction mentioned on their website.

https://customs.gov.ng/?p=438

I need insight from anyone who participated previously (2017).

4 Likes

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by networkrecharg: 9:40am On Aug 14, 2020
In an so need Information on how to Register ... My TIN report..."Not Found'
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by dannywest: 9:45am On Aug 14, 2020
networkrecharg:
In an so need Information on how to Register ... My TIN report..."Not Found'

It has to be linked to your email at FIRS office
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by Jadmchris(m): 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
dannywest:

It has to be linked to your email at FIRS office

My tin wasn't linked with any mail, now I know why I wasn't able to register.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by aspiring44: 8:23am On Aug 15, 2020
Jadmchris:

My tin wasn't linked with any mail, now I know why I wasn't able to register.

Once your TIN Is valid you are ok to do anything with the customs
They juxtaspose the TIN with custom assessment number .

The customs assessment shows an approval
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by dannywest: 10:24am On Dec 02, 2020
soloehis:

So update on this.

I put in my bid Aug 12th & won.

Car is worth 2.5 - 3m Tokunboh (I'd been looking for the particular car for over a year but most were salvaged or very high mileage) but I paid N500k (+1k participation fee) grin

Vehicle was a clean title (I checked the VIN) tokunboh seized late 2019 crossing over from Cotonou (Found Original US title, Service Booklet and Manual as well as Cotonou Shipping and customs papers in the Glove box), it had only done 200 miles from last mileage recorded when it was sold in the US.

I sent someone to bring it out (Idiroko office) very annoying process.

2 Tyres & wheels were missing along with the key, amplifier, etc but it was 1st body, perfect paint, no dents and engine and transmission superb.
Some other people were lucky though and everything was complete, they put in battery, started and drove off!

Travelled to Idiroko myself 2 weeks later with a Ladipo Mechanic to start it and make a key.

Spent an additional 1.1m (logistics + settlements for first person I sent, my flights, hotels for a week + parts & labour)

Drained all fluids and replaced
Changed all tires and got alloy wheels
Checked and fixed all suspension components (long parking)
Changed all brake pads and co
Changed windshield that was cracked and radiator
Replaced Amp, and some controls that were stolen
The AC was still working perfectly so didn't have to touch it.

I've been using the car daily since 2nd September and I've only been fuelling it, no check engine lights, no other warning lights, nothing and no customs wahala when I travel as I have their exit note.

@soloehis you should really research before you make comments.

10 Likes

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by nbolaji(m): 1:12am On Dec 03, 2020
pls is the auction still on or there is a specific period for the auction?
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by dannywest: 9:50am On Dec 03, 2020
Every week, Monday to Wednesday but since ENDSARS it hasn't held.

nbolaji:
pls is the auction still on or there is a specific period for the auction?
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by nbolaji(m): 11:29am On Dec 03, 2020
dannywest:
Every week, Monday to Wednesday but since ENDSARS it hasn't held.

Thank you sir. You got yourself a good offer though

1 Like

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by Arysexy(m): 10:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
What if the owner na ogboni man. U think u can drive the car in peace?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by melviniyke2002(m): 11:21pm On Dec 03, 2020
Arysexy:
grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by dannywest: 3:06am On Dec 04, 2020
Arysexy:

E nor reach Egbesu.
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by Lekancar: 5:21pm On Feb 18, 2021
Dannywest

Just reading different post here and it's interesting that someone actually believed in the Nigerian Custom E-Auction, it will then appears like it actually works, and it's not totally down to who you know.

I am interested but do not have any of the requirements like the TIN Number etc.

Dannywest, could you please send me to contact just need your advice and if there is also anyone who can bid on behalf of others.

I will appreciate any help from others to bid without registering directly as I do not meet the requirement at this time.

please send your contact ojeylarryakings@yahoo.com.

thanks

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by dannywest: 5:55pm On Feb 18, 2021
Lekancar:

Dannywest

Just reading different post here and it's interesting that someone actually believed in the Nigerian Custom E-Auction, it will then appears like it actually works, and it's not totally down to who you know.

I am interested but do not have any of the requirements like the TIN Number etc.

Dannywest, could you please send me to contact just need your advice and if there is also anyone who can bid on behalf of others.

I will appreciate any help from others to bid without registering directly as I do not meet the requirement at this time.

please send your contact ojeylarryakings@yahoo.com.

thanks

Yes it works.
There haven't been any auctions since the Endsars issue though.
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by Elprinz(m): 10:10am On Mar 04, 2021
dannywest:

Yes it works.
There haven't been any auctions since the Endsars issue though.

Hi Danny
Please can I contact you directly. I need info on the customs address for FEDERAL OPERATIONS 01FO.

What do extra charges did you have to pay for the car.
I have only a few days left.
Elprinz1@yahoo.com
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by dannywest: 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
Elprinz:

Hi Danny
Please can I contact you directly. I need info on the customs address for FEDERAL OPERATIONS 01FO.

What do extra charges did you have to pay for the car.
I have only a few days left.
Elprinz1@yahoo.com

Lol dont be in a hurry.
It's likely benin or ikeja I'd mail you now so you send me link.
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by Elprinz(m): 12:02am On Mar 05, 2021
dannywest:

Lol dont be in a hurry.
It's likely benin or ikeja I'd mail you now so you send me link.

Lol thanks
Got your mail. Replied too
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by erico2k2(m): 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2021
dannywest:

So update on this.

I put in my bid Aug 12th & won.

Car is worth 2.5 - 3m Tokunboh (I'd been looking for the particular car for over a year but most were salvaged or very high mileage) but I paid N500k (+1k participation fee) grin

Vehicle was a clean title (I checked the VIN) tokunboh seized late 2019 crossing over from Cotonou (Found Original US title, Service Booklet and Manual as well as Cotonou Shipping and customs papers in the Glove box), it had only done 200 miles from last mileage recorded when it was sold in the US.

I sent someone to bring it out (Idiroko office) very annoying process.

2 Tyres & wheels were missing along with the key, amplifier, etc but it was 1st body, perfect paint, no dents and engine and transmission superb.
Some other people were lucky though and everything was complete, they put in battery, started and drove off!

Travelled to Idiroko myself 2 weeks later with a Ladipo Mechanic to start it and make a key.

Spent an additional 1.1m (logistics + settlements for first person I sent, my flights, hotels for a week + parts & labour)

Drained all fluids and replaced
Changed all tires and got alloy wheels
Checked and fixed all suspension components (long parking)
Changed all brake pads and co
Changed windshield that was cracked and radiator
Replaced Amp, and some controls that were stolen
The AC was still working perfectly so didn't have to touch it.

I've been using the car daily since 2nd September and I've only been fuelling it, no check engine lights, no other warning lights, nothing and no customs wahala when I travel as I have their exit note.

@soloehis you should really research before you make comments.

SO you did all these no single picture ni

5 Likes

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by dannywest: 2:46pm On Mar 05, 2021
erico2k2:

SO you did all these no single picture ni

You can email for photos.

I prefer remaining anonymous here & generally

Elprinz can take photos he should have his out by next week.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by erico2k2(m): 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2021
dannywest:

Nah don't worry about it.it ain't important!

1 Like

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by dannywest: 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2021
erico2k2:

Nah don't worry about it. it ain't important!

Exactly.
Was just addressing the guy assuming I was getting scammed and giving people an idea of what type of car to expect.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by soloehis(m): 10:57pm On Mar 05, 2021
dannywest:

@ erico2k2 the anonymous yet you want us buy this ur story..you can do better my brother..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by dannywest: 11:18pm On Mar 05, 2021
soloehis:
@ erico2k2 the anonymous yet you want us buy this ur story..you can do better my brother..

Ok.

I can't remember you paying me to buy my story so I honestly don't care grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by lovewins: 3:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
dannywest:

Ok.

I can't remember you paying me to buy my story so I honestly don't care grin

You mentioned in the thread that they stopped prior to the end Sars protest. Are they back selling now?
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by Elprinz(m): 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2021
Thanks a lot for your help.
Finally got it but with enough stress.
Naija system is terrible. The rot is colossal (Story for another day)

No need to prove to anyone about anything.
dannywest:

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by lovewins: 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
Elprinz:

I checked online and notice there's no present display. Can you share how you went about yours?

Anticipate your feedback
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by dannywest: 8:34am On Jan 08, 2022
Elprinz:

Just seeing this.

How's your car?

Still rocking mine, haven't been lucky winning another though (too many high bidders online)
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by iyofason: 12:17am On Jan 10, 2022
dannywest:

Just seeing this.

How's your car?

Still rocking mine, haven't been lucky winning another though (too many high bidders online)

fake.
Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by xristos(m): 10:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
Scam thread

1 Like

Re: Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? by dannywest: 2:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
xristos:
Scam thread

ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Users Need Know Their Mate / Fake Vehicle Papers, How To Know…. / Help! Audi A4 Tempereture Rising To Maximum Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.