Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike (66362 Views)

After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? / I Never New After My Nysc I Can Make This Far With This Business / When You Took Loan From Lapo To Buy Bike(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by wolebest: 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2020
Ol boy you are now on a sound footing. You are educated, you are employable if you want, you can hustle on you own and manage your own fleet. Getting landed property should not be a problem for you.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by pmoye(m): 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
Yes you are. Others who own businesses in Nigeria will confirm this.

Gerrard59:

You wrote the bold as if the business isn't generating revenue in naira. Unless you are earning dollars for your entrepreneurial products or services, you are no different from the average salary earner in naira. Worse still, you cannot increase prices arbitrarily because purchasing power is low.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by ElectronicMoney(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2020
alismah01:
Yeah it's possible bro because people are making for online these days. Contact me if you want to earn $50 daily on binary trading. olalimi2013@gmail.com

How much capital do you need for you to be guaranteed $50 every day?
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by namo77: 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2020
ambitiouschap17:
God will bless you in all your endeavours bro
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:14pm On Aug 13, 2020
If I tell them University in Nigeria nah scam they no go believe, so after all the gree gree nah okada you end , chai

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by earnit3: 5:47pm On Aug 13, 2020
Oh
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by lordess(m): 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2020
It is the blessing of GOD upon the work of
Your hand that makes you rich without sorrows.

May the blessing of the ALMIGHTY GOD rest
Upon the work of your heart.

Stay blessed.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by lowkeybahdguy(m): 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:
Need Your Prayers On My New Adventure

Hello guys I don't want to bore you with a long epistle, I recently came back from service (nysc) and found my guys those that didn't even go to school buying lands n building for themselves structures especially the ones riding okada. Most of them do have savings of 10k weekly aside other expenses like feeding,rent etc despite having wife/girlfriends n children.

Though I learnt mason work before going to the university but mason work is seasonal especially during the raining season, have been at home for almost 3wiks doing nothing just spending the little savings I had from service.

With that been said I decided to get myself a bike with the remaining money I have pending on when things sterblize (federal/state job or when HV gathered enof Moni for business). If those with family can save 10k weekly, I think I can save 15k weekly since am single and still staying with my parents. I prayed to God for direction Sha but hope my decision isn't bad?

A lil prayer for me won't be bad

God bless your hustle bro..
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Jaymanosky4: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
OkCornel:

This “cyber cafe” and where “I’m begging for sub” must really be good. cheesy

Never assume everyone is struggling for daily alms as you do. Bad energy...stay far away cheesy

You are so humble sir....I really appreciate. I hope you will give me an attention if I dm you

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by ecomalchemist(m): 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
Psalmistproject:
I'm a graduate for over 8yrs now and can't still get a good stable job.

What I've learnt recently is, the world is shifting to skills specialization or viable handwork.

This will sustain you at all times.

Only me HSE, PM, HR certifications still no job, managed hotels and schools still nothing to show.

Now the scary part, I just enrolled for a 1yr training in automobile mechanical Repairs.

Be wise o, time no dey.

where did you enroll ?
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by joinnow: 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2020
You go buy IGBOBI

Nawa

i hope you get HELMENT
I no want to hear story that touch.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2020
Smurfette:
Best of Luck in your endeavours bro.

Thanks
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2020
adecz:
cool cool

No worry, las, las,
you go overtake them.

Amen. Thanks bro
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2020
Cedarfarms:
You're wise!

Thank you
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2020
Buddy0:
May God bless your Hustle...

Amen. Thanks a lot
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Abdulkatcha(m): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2020
bro this life no balance at all
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2020
seunmsg:
So what? There is no big deal about your friends buying land while you were doing your NYSC. Just get a good job and in less than two years, you will surpass all their achievements.

If you want to hustle until you land your dream job, please do. There is no crime in legit hustle. But please, don’t ever think that your education is a waste. Even if you decide to go into business, your education will stand you out and give you an edge.

You are right. Thanks a lot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by CaptainFM1: 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2020
Drsnives:
Need Your Prayers On My New Adventure

Hello guys I don't want to bore you with a long epistle, I recently came back from service (nysc) and found my guys those that didn't even go to school buying lands n building for themselves structures especially the ones riding okada. Most of them do have savings of 10k weekly aside other expenses like feeding,rent etc despite having wife/girlfriends n children.

Though I learnt mason work before going to the university but mason work is seasonal especially during the raining season, have been at home for almost 3wiks doing nothing just spending the little savings I had from service.

With that been said I decided to get myself a bike with the remaining money I have pending on when things sterblize (federal/state job or when HV gathered enof Moni for business). If those with family can save 10k weekly, I think I can save 15k weekly since am single and still staying with my parents. I prayed to God for direction Sha but hope my decision isn't bad?

A lil prayer for me won't be bad

Don't engage yourself in unhealthy comparison with your friends. Whilst there may be several ways to getting to one's destination, don't ever rule out the power of knowledge in any sphere you find yourself.

Each time I remember Late Otunba Gaddafi, I always say...."But people have been packing shits before; this man packed it with pride". He made people realise shit business is real business.

With Education you are on a pedestal that can propel you to a height you can never imagine in any field you choose. You just have to activate the power inherently hidden in those knowledge.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Abyima(m): 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2020
When will Nigerians start being themselves.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Crochet: 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2020
Continue your hussle and never compare yourself with anyone. Everyone has his or her own time. The only two thing you need for now is for you to be patient and focus.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Jaybeth(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2020
[b][/b]
Writercruze:
My guy, I perfectly understand what you are going through, it can be frustrating. But you are a million times better than your guys who are buying lands and building houses through their every day Okada riding business.

You aren't alone on this, there are several other graduates out there who are facing the same problem. But it's not your fault. It's not your fault that after graduation you are contemplating on becoming an OKADA rider. It's our unrealistic and unorganized educational system I blame.

That's why you will see a graduate of Mechanical engineering who can't even open an engine or tight a bolt. Similarly, I have seen electrical engineering graduate who couldn't fix a ceiling fan. Some computer science graduates in Nigeria can't operate system very well.

So, it's a systemic issue.

But I advise you not to get an OKADA, trust me, it's not what you should be thinking right now.

Let me ask you a quick question; What did you study in school?

Why don't you learn skills like programming, computer engineering, software engineering, mobile engineering, content writing, graphic design etc.

With these skills, you can easily become a freelancer. Talking of freelancer, here's a resources on how to become a freelance ===> https://sidehustlepoint.com/how-to-become-a-freelancer/

If you need more guidance or assistance, drop a comment after reading the article on how to become a freelancer. I will genuinely teach you how you can earn enough to achieve all the things your friends have achieved within a year. And I will teach you FREE of CHARGE. But you must be willing to learn...

I know life after graduation is very tough. But be optimistic, nothing good comes easy. Las las God Nor go shame us ooo.
Boss,pls I'm an undergraduate.. I'll appreciate if you can teach me and guide me in becoming a freelancer,thanks.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Bassmetrics: 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2020
God will surely see u thru bro!

Dis is my story, mayb u can pick courage from it!

I trained myself in d uni via okada, graduated with good result with profnal certs, finished service but cudnt land well paid job. I made a resolution never to go bak to okada, not cos of anytin, jst a personal decision. I got job offers but if d hustle dey ur body u no fit settle for a monthly pay less ur earnings from d hustle. Just like ur ordeal,some of my frnds dat never attended sch had well fed families,had lands,built house with good biz. To some extent, I was discouraged. I was blaming mysef for using my hustle to go to uni instead of investing in biz.
With d help of one of my coursemates, I first ventured into one online biz, made few cash but lost abt a million in a year. For d second time, I became devasted and confused. I had to go back 2 square one...learnt a skill n kicked off a small biz(nylon production). Like play like play d altitude came bak, I ventured into a more bigger biz...As God may have it, in less dan 2yrs I bought my own land, completed our family house and warming up for anoda small structure.

One tin I learnt is, never to give up, my schooling was never a waste, though not employed but it's helping me in biz..,not forgetting I can still be employed if i choose to. Importantly, I neva took to pride cos am a graduate, I humbled mysef. In fact d (foodstuff) biz am into 2da was tot me by my frnd who is not a graduate. I respect him and he respects me too. Some customers here upon learning dat am a graduate become shocked dat a graduate can mellow and do dis kind of biz..but who cares? So long it feeds me well, degree can goto hell. I have not gotten there, am also on d lookout for better opportunities.

My dear, jst stay focused, u will get there one day IJN Amen!

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by OkCornel(m): 7:53pm On Aug 13, 2020
Jaymanosky4:

You are so humble sir....I really appreciate. I hope you will give me an attention if I dm you

Hi bro, drop me your number, and I'll call/whatsapp you.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by newisd75: 9:32pm On Aug 13, 2020
going 2 school in nigeria is a scam
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by jwax: 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2020
I understand that feeling. I rounded off with Nysc 2017 and discovered that friends I left at home for school have gone far far ahead of me in life. Some have even married and started businesses for their wives.

I was filled with regrets and wishes. Toiled the city of Lagos seeking for job until I settled with a 60k a month teaching job. Stayed there for 2½yrs wasting away until I joined a friend whom we served together in his business and right now I feel confident about where I am going to. The future looks clearer now for me compared to when I was wasting as a teacher.

My advice for you is to stay focused and draw motivation from their achievements. School is scam but one good thing about it is that it stirs up a raging hunger for success in you and when that hunger clicks with your acquired skills and knowledge you can easily surpass your pears. Stay focused
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Jaymanosky4: 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2020
OkCornel:

Hi bro, drop me your number, and I'll call/whatsapp you.

cheesy wink wink wink
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Halo22: 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2020
On a serious note, white collar job doesn't pay like before, now it's the street that pays more. However, anything one z into, put in all ur best as anything can happen anytime. More so, anyone that determines to be rich, will be rich under normal circumstances.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Halo22: 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2020
Halo22:
On a serious note, white collar job doesn't pay like before, now it's the street that pays more. However, anything one z into, put in all ur best as anything can happen anytime. More so, anyone that determines to be rich, will be rich under normal circumstances.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by OkCornel(m): 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
Jaymanosky4:

Great, I've saved ur number...you can take it off now.
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:16am On Aug 14, 2020
holyidol:
Your desire to succeed is what can help you most.
Bassmetrics:
God will surely see u thru bro!

Dis is my story, mayb u can pick courage from it!

I trained myself in d uni via okada, graduated with good result with profnal certs, finished service but cudnt land well paid job. I made a resolution never to go bak to okada, not cos of anytin, jst a personal decision. I got job offers but if d hustle dey ur body u no fit settle for a monthly pay less ur earnings from d hustle. Just like ur ordeal,some of my frnds dat never attended sch had well fed families,had lands,built house with good biz. To some extent, I was discouraged. I was blaming mysef for using my hustle to go to uni instead of investing in biz.
With d help of one of my coursemates, I first ventured into one online biz, made few cash but lost abt a million in a year. For d second time, I became devasted and confused. I had to go back 2 square one...learnt a skill n kicked off a small biz(nylon production). Like play like play d altitude came bak, I ventured into a more bigger biz...As God may have it, in less dan 2yrs I bought my own land, completed our family house and warming up for anoda small structure.

One tin I learnt is, never to give up, my schooling was never a waste, though not employed but it's helping me in biz..,not forgetting I can still be employed if i choose to. Importantly, I neva took to pride cos am a graduate, I humbled mysef. In fact d (foodstuff) biz am into 2da was tot me by my frnd who is not a graduate. I respect him and he respects me too. Some customers here upon learning dat am a graduate become shocked dat a graduate can mellow and do dis kind of biz..but who cares? So long it feeds me well, degree can goto hell. I have not gotten there, am also on d lookout for better opportunities.

My dear, jst stay focused, u will get there one day IJN Amen!

Amen. Thanks bro. I hope to get there soonest
Re: After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike by Drsnives(m): 12:18am On Aug 14, 2020
CaptainFM1:

Don't engage yourself in unhealthy comparison with your friends. Whilst there may be several ways to getting to one's destination, don't ever rule out the power of knowledge in any sphere you find yourself.

Each time I remember Late Otunba Gaddafi, I always say...."But people have been packing shits before; this man packed it with pride". He made people realise shit business is real business.

With Education you are on a pedestal that can propel you to a height you can never imagine in any field you choose. You just have to activate the power inherently hidden in those knowledge.

Noted. Thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business / 10 Ways To Prove You're A Legitimate Online Based Business / 5 Under 30 Youngest Successful Nigerian Tech Entrepreneurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.