Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? (346 Views)

Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss / Are You In Debt Or Owing Someone Money? / Female Facebook Queen Narrates How She Rejected An Offer But Ended Up Buying It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? by hitekk: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2020
It happened to me some years back when I was the campus fellowship treasurer. The campus fellowship pastor approached me privately that I should lend him some amount of money from the church fund to enable him do some work in his business centre that he will give me back the money within some weeks which I did.

Do you know that this my guy ended up not paying back after lots of disturbance from me cos time was getting closer for me to hand over to the next treasurer.

At the end I had to pay the money from my own pocket cos account my balance.
Feel free to share your experience.
Re: Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? by Prec1ous(m): 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2020
Haha. Every time. These days...

If you ask me to borrow you 10k, i will dash you 1k. Go and sort yourself!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? by mrofficial042: 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2020
Prec1ous:
Haha. Every time. These days...

If you ask me to borrow you 10k, i will dash you 1k. Go and sort yourself!
ur head dae dere

I also do the same thing smiley
Re: Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? by IARASORGANIC: 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
A friend asked me to help him with some cash to complete his savings to buy a ride, he needed the ride urgently to facilitate his movements to work on a daily, as a real G I felt pity for him and gave him some cash from my elder brother's savings embarassed the guy was very happy and promised to pay back in two months time, this thing happened two years back and I am yet to receive a kobo from this dude, I ended up refunding my brother's saving just to seal the deal.
The funniest part is that each time I call this dude he keeps telling how life has been so unfair to him, but Wetin man go do, I just bone am. Last month he called asking me for another financial assistance, I was just mute throughout the call when he was done, he asked me if I heard him and I calmly whispered to his ears 'Thunder fire you '

Right now, I stopped giving what I can't afford to forgo for the sake of having peace of mind.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? by hitekk: 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
mrofficial042:
ur head dae dere

I also do the same thing smiley
since after my last experience, I learnt my lesson.
Re: Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? by hitekk: 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2020
IARASORGANIC:
A friend asked me to help him with some cash to complete his savings to buy a ride, he needed the ride urgently to facilitate his movements to work on a daily, as a real G I felt pity for him and gave him some cash from my elder brother's savings embarassed the guy was very happy and promised to pay back in two months time, this thing happened two years back and I am yet to receive a kobo from this dude, I ended up refunding my brother's saving just to seal the deal.
The funniest part is that each time I call this dude he keeps telling how life has been so unfair to him, but Wetin man go do, I just bone am. Last month he called asking me for another financial assistance, I was just mute throughout the call when he was done, he asked me if I heard him and I calmly whispered to his ears 'Thunder fire you '

Right now, I stopped giving what I can't afford to forgo for the sake of having peace of mind.
Nawa o, what a sad experience.
Re: Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? by ehinmowo: 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
I was staying alone in school (off k). Later I got a roommate. He was a cool person. Only stingy (perhaps it was because he didn't hsve).

One day, this my roommate asked me if a guy (one of our course mates) could stay with us. That he was just sleeping around in the school. I only knew him as a coursemate nothing more. I told my roommate that I don't know him. He vouch for him. And I told him to do as he pleased.

Bringing this guy into the house was my greatest regret in that school. It was all cool, until he started dating one of the girls in our hostel. The story dey long. I later left him and my roommate to secure another hostel. Later on, he sent that my roommate (the one that vouch for him) to jail. The guy spent 3 days in cell before his older brother called me to go and bail him.

From then on, I understood the influence a female could have over a male.
Re: Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? by marksleek25: 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
Re: Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? by nizelgirl(f): 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
It has happen to me severally but the last one was last year when my secondary school friend called me and said she just put to birth and things are tight I should borrow her some money I decided to help out, till date no show. So I decided that anytime someone will meet me for financial assistance i will just render help if I am move to without expecting any return. If dey ask for 10k I will give like 2k shikina.
Re: Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? by tchidi066(f): 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
Yes, and i swore that any money i lend must be one i can dash out easily, humans are funny, cunning, in short i no longer lend money, i give it out, and if it's the one beyond me, i simply tell you i don't have such
Re: Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? by tunize(m): 1:00pm On Feb 13, 2021
I dash wen its convenient i nvr borrow person money ones i just give money mattr dey quick scatter things.
Re: Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? by Kutynez: 1:04pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nigerians are the most difficult people to borrow money. I remember borrowing 100k to someone to help the person's business. Money i was promised will be paid within one week. Ladies and gentlemen, i just got the balance of the money last month after the person has been paying in bits with one excuse or the other. I have vowed not to borrow anyone money without collateral again. That is the best way to get your money faster
Re: Have You Ever Lent Someone Money And Ended Up Regretting? by SavageResponse(m): 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
hitekk:
It happened to me some years back when I was the campus fellowship treasurer. The campus fellowship pastor approached me privately that I should lend him some amount of money from the church fund to enable him do some work in his business centre that he will give me back the money within some weeks which I did.

Do you know that this my guy ended up not paying back after lots of disturbance from me cos time was getting closer for me to hand over to the next treasurer.

At the end I had to pay the money from my own pocket cos account my balance.
Feel free to share your experience.

Nigerians are bastaards when it comes to repaying loans.

Nowadays if you come to me for a loan I just tell you "No" straight up, I don't give a damn if you become upset

(1) (Reply)

How To Bypass The Dollar Limit And Go Unlimited(at Cheap Rate) / Clearances Sale Canon 760d Camera For Sale / How To Make Money On Warrior Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.