Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. (2658 Views)

Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? / Lord Have We Not Prophesied In Your Name? A Closer Look At Matthew 7:21-23 / Dr Paul Enenche: JESUS CONFIRMS The Tithe (with New Testament Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by budaatum: 10:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

The gospel might contain some good advice and story I am not disproving that but why insist it was Gods plan or he is God son or messiah or sin sacrifice.. When none of these was ever prophesied by any prophet..

Why not present it like the vedas or the metu neter.... It will make more sense..
It is presented the best way those who presented it understood at the time to.present it hoping you will develop the ability to understand their presentation in due time. But instead of gratitude for their bothering to write the book the best they can and placing it in your hand for you to read to understand and gain knowledge and wisdom, you can't be bothered because some lazy people just like you say you must lazily believe it, and you are saying, those who bother to read it and understand and acquire the knowledge and wisdom therein shouldn't have bothered to gain such wisdom while at the same time refusing to admit if reading said book has benefitted you or not.

What do you understand I mean by "ye, sonmvayina, shut up the kingdom of heaven against humans: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in"?
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 9:35am On Aug 16, 2020
budaatum:

It is presented the best way those who presented it understood at the time to.present it hoping you will develop the ability to understand their presentation in due time. But instead of gratitude for their bothering to write the book the best they can and placing it in your hand for you to read to understand and gain knowledge and wisdom, you can't be bothered because some lazy people just like you say you must lazily believe it, and you are saying, those who bother to read it and understand and acquire the knowledge and wisdom therein shouldn't have bothered to gain such wisdom while at the same time refusing to admit if reading said book has benefitted you or not.

What do you understand I mean by "ye, sonmvayina, shut up the kingdom of heaven against humans: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in"?

This is one of the deception of Christianity that I am talking about. We are God's breadth or spirit dwelling within a body made of dust.. When we die the breadth returns to God who gave it and the body back to dust who gave it.. Is that not why God gave us the laws so we can each and all have a meaningful human experience..the same fate awaits the sinner and Saint..
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:16am On Aug 16, 2020
sonmvayina:

I don't really know how to teach you again.. The stories in the Bible are not based on actual story that is not the intention of the writers, the messages in the story are true...
I concentrate on the messages the writers are passing not dwell on the story because the story is a lie..there was no Adam, Adam simply means man and eve means woman.. Ir is a retelling of an ancient Babylonian tale about how man lost the chance to live indefinitely on earth..

Do you understand now, or do I have to draw you a picture..

Glory be to God the Most High and to Our God, Jesus, the Christ, All is Proven and All I said is Established!

Somvayina is A Liar, An Impersonator and a False Prophet.

You are not a member of the Community of God Pretended and gave the impression, but you are indeed One of the False Prophets whom we have been Warned that shall come, with their Lies and False Doctrines to make the people fall into Destruction, Exactly As It Is Written

" But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

After all said, I have seen the foundation of our differences.

The Bible to you is no different from "Chike and the River and other stories", Macbeth, the world in my pocket etc.

Therefore, as I said earlier, you do not believe in the Bible and you have now further confessed that "it is a story book".

Consequently, you are not a Christian neither should you be allowed to participate in the discussions founded on the basis that the Bible is True and Real.

Thus, our proper meeting place is only on discussions that have to with life in this world from our different Natural Grounds that we have.

You have your Natural grounds, I have mine, both are incompatible and are opposing to each other.

Your Unfounded belief is a great vexation to my soul, but I respect that It is Truly Your Natural Right to jump from a plane with no chute or to set yourself afire, or drink sniper!

And any who desires to do these things, can not be stopped by counsel.

I Rest Knowing that I have no fellowship with you and all your previous statements to the effect that you believe in God, His Knowledge and Power and His Commandments, ARE ALL LIES!

Be true to who you are and confidently declare thyself, that the whole may know who you are may properly respond to you Rather Than Feigning and Pretending to be what you know people shall presume when you speak the way you do.
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:18am On Aug 16, 2020
sonmvayina:

I don't really know how to teach you again.. The stories in the Bible are not based on actual story that is not the intention of the writers, the messages in the story are true...
I concentrate on the messages the writers are passing not dwell on the story because the story is a lie..there was no Adam, Adam simply means man and eve means woman.. Ir is a retelling of an ancient Babylonian tale about how man lost the chance to live indefinitely on earth..

Do you understand now, or do I have to draw you a picture..

Glory be to God the Most High and to Our God, Jesus, the Christ, All is Proven and All I said is Established!

You are not a member of the Community of God Pretended and gave the impression, but you are indeed One of the False Prophets whom we have been Warned that shall come, with their Lies and False Doctrines to make the people fall into Destruction, Exactly As It Is Written

" But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

The Bible to you is no different from "Chike and the River and other stories", Macbeth, the world in my pocket etc.

Therefore, as I said earlier, you do not believe in the Bible and you have now further confessed that "it is a story book".

Consequently, you are not a Christian neither should you be allowed to participate in the discussions founded on the basis that the Bible is True and Real.

Thus, our proper meeting place is only on discussions that have to with life in this world from our different Natural Grounds that we have.

You have your Natural grounds, I have mine, both are incompatible and are opposing to each other.

Your Unfounded belief is a great vexation to my soul, but I respect that It is Truly Your Natural Right to jump from a plane with no chute or to set yourself afire, or drink sniper!

I Rest Knowing that I have no fellowship with you and all your previous statements to the effect that you believe in God, His Knowledge and Power and His Commandments, ARE ALL LIES!

Be true to who you are and not ashamed. Confidently declare thyself, that the whole may know who you are may properly respond to you Rather Than Feigning and Pretending to be what you know people shall presume when you speak the way you do.
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Be true to who you are and not ashamed. Confidently declare thyself, that the whole may know who you are may properly respond to you Rather Than Feigning and Pretending to be what you know people shall presume when you speak the way you do.

No long story jor, just show me from the old testament where God ask us to believe in the death of the Messiah in other to be saved.. Let me close this thread..

That is the purpose of this thread..

If not you are guilty of disobedience and idolatry.
Sincerely, I don't want to be part of it..
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Dtruthspeaker i am still waiting for your answer, if none is forth coming, then there is nothing divine about Christianity. it is just a salad of ancient myth and stories, inc operated into a Jewish belief ..it is nothing but idolatry..run from it..

here are a few video for your viewing pleasure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYqOCXrF9p4&t=13s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qx9QdCNoqc

KNOWMORW56... Watch this
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by budaatum: 3:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
sonmvayina:

This is one of the deception of Christianity that I am talking about. We are God's breadth or spirit dwelling within a body made of dust.. When we die the breadth returns to God who gave it and the body back to dust who gave it.. Is that not why God gave us the laws so we can each and all have a meaningful human experience..the same fate awaits the sinner and Saint..
Really? How do you know this? And even though the fate of the saint and the sinner diverges right here on earth?

How can a person who disobeys the law God gave have a meaningful experience?
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
budaatum:

Really? How do you know this? And even though the fate of the saint and the sinner diverges right here on earth?

is it not GOD who created us like this? with the ability and capacity to make choices...so what are we supposed to choose from?.he placed both life and death, good and evil in front of us...so we are expected to choose the one we want by ourselves...

he created everything, both good and evil....
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
budaatum:

we are Gods breadth or spirit dwelling within a body made from dust of the earth....it is Gods spirit, it is pure and need no saving from anything...

'my spirit will not dwell permanently with man, because all is thought is that of evil....'

send forth your spirit and they shall be created and replenish the earth, take it and they die and return back to dust...(psalm 104:29-31)
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
budaatum:

one of the seven laws of Noah is the obligation to create a good justice system....

The Laws

Do establish laws.
Don’t curse God.
Do not practice idolatry.
Do not engage in illicit sexuality.
Do not participate in bloodshed.
Do not rob.
Do not eat flesh from a living animal.

The Obligation to Create a System of Laws
According to the medieval philosopher and codifier Maimonides, the legal system which Noahides are required to set up is specifically to establish punishments for infractions of the other six Noahide laws (Laws of Kings 9:14).

Nahmanides, a medieval Bible commentator, understands the obligation more broadly:

In my opinion, the laws which the Noahides were to establish according to their seven commandments is not only to establish courts in each town, but that they were also commanded concerning theft, abuse, usury, labor relations, damages, loans, business, and the like, just as Israel was commanded to set up laws in these matters (Nahmanides, Commentary to Genesis 34:13).

Later authorities, including Rabbi Moses Sofer (1763-1839), claim that Maimonides did not exclude what Nahmanides had included, but that Maimonides considered all of these laws to be included under the prohibition of “theft.” Rabbi Naphtali Tzvi Yehudah Berlin (1817-1893) states that Nahmanides’ approach requires non-Jews to legislate on these matters, but the details and formulation of the legislation are left to their discretion.

From: https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-noahide-laws/
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
[sub][/sub]
sonmvayina:

No long story jor, just show me from the old testament where God ask us to believe in the death of the Messiah in other to be saved.. Let me close this thread..
That is the purpose of this thread.

Is there any that can make Satan cease from doing evil? There is more hope of this than to show you the importance of the death of the Lord, Jesus, the Christ and Saviour of Mankind!

Close, the thread, if you like!

sonmvayina:

If not you are guilty of disobedience and idolatry.
Sincerely, I don't want to be part of it..

If a man is wise, he is wise for himself. So also it is for Salvation, if a man be saved, it is his own soul that rejoiceth!
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
[sub][/sub]

Is there any that can make Satan cease from doing evil? There is more hope of this than to show you the importance of the death of the Lord, Jesus, the Christ and Saviour of Mankind!

If a man is wise, he is wise for himself. So also it is for Salvation, if a man be saved, it is his own soul that rejoiceth!

Show me when God planed it.. That is all I want, I will accept it..

My point is that it is not of God.. So why bother
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
sonmvayina:

Show me when God planed it.. That is all I want, I will accept it..

My point is that it is not of God.. So why bother

grin Sorry love I must leave it as an Obstacle for you, for a child can not learn to write good sentences without learning A,B,C..
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Sorry love I must leave it as an Obstacle for you, for a child can not learn to write good sentences without learning A,B,C..

You just don't want to accept tbst you have been deceived.. Because you have invested your whole life and resources on it... I get it..
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
sonmvayina:

You just don't want to accept tbst you have been deceived.. Because you have invested your whole life and resources on it... I get it..

It is you who deceives yourself and now you seek to deceive others.

I rely on verified information, information I have verified for myself, by myself and I conducted all the investigation myself.

You rely on dem say, which I have already shown you is weak and baseless.

And you are afraid of coming to knowledge of the Truth for in your heart you think it would be a good defence before the Lord to not know, so that you can claim that you were mistaken and misled by any named person.
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 10:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I rely on verified information, information I have verified for myself, by myself and I conducted all the investigation myself.

And you are afraid of coming to knowledge of the Truth for in your heart you think it would be a good defence before the Lord to not know, so that you can claim that you were mistaken and misled by any named person.

Christianity is rebranded paganism... It is idolatry.. God hates it.. For a God to die, that is in the realm of lucifer....

Continue, when the time comes for you to wake up.. You will.
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 10:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

For you..

Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by Dtruthspeaker: 5:38am On Aug 17, 2020
sonmvayina:

Christianity is rebranded paganism... It is idolatry.. God hates it.. For a God to die, that is in the realm of lucifer....

Continue, when the time comes for you to wake up.. You will.

You know, I know you like Lies and Lying, so it is not out of place that you would like this Lie, but it is thine hand to like lies!
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by Dtruthspeaker: 5:49am On Aug 17, 2020
sonmvayina:

For you..

"I will run and not go weary,
I will walk and shall not faint,
For the Lord will before me,
And His joy will be my strength
Mounting up with wings as eagles
As my spirits start to soar
When I come into His presence
And i wait upon the Lord

I will wait upon the Lord
For in His Presence
Is fullness of joy
And our strength
Will be restored
As I wait … upon the Lord! grin
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by RandomGuy48: 6:24am On Aug 17, 2020
A lot of the things sonmnvayina are posting are in error, but there's some bits in particular that are so wrong I want to respond to them specifically:
sonmvayina:

It was emperor Constantine who saw that religion was a big stumbling block in achieving domination gathered all the religious leaders in the empire to nicea to fashion a single religion for the empire.
Nicaea was about the question whether the Son was of the same substance as the Father or a separate and created (but still divine) being. It had nothing to do what you claim it does.

So many gods where tabled for consideration, after almost 2 years of deliberations they settled for Marduk... But in the Babylonian tales Marduk was the son of Enki.. So they had to find out the relationship between both.. Some said he was God, others said he was man.. So after much in other to satisfy both Athanasius said he was both God and man... A vote was taken and the majority carried the day..
This is absolutely made up.

From the ancient Babylonian scriptures eusebius was commanded to prepare a uniform account. "make it to astonish.. Was emperor Constantine order and they where written accordingly.. So says eusebius in his history of the church...
Eusebius says no such thing, as far as I can tell. This is a false quote.

http://www.bobkwebsite.com/belmythvjesusmyth.html
http://www.tektonics.org/copycat/baal01.php
http://www.tektonics.org/copycat/osy.php

sonmvayina:
The Christian church/ catholic church was born...
Eusebius more likely than not is the author of the gospel of Mark. Who scholars agree was the first to be written. Others where developed from it..
We have physical manuscripts of Mark that predate Eusebius. Did Eusebius have the power of time travel?

Absurd claims like this make it extremely hard to take anything you say seriously.

Afterwards, John crysostom edited the works of apollinius oftyna and passed them off as the letters of Paul..
We have physical manuscripts of the letters of Paul that predate John Chrysostom. Did John Chrysostom have the power of time travel?

None of those letters ever mention an earthly Jesus or any of the stories associated with him.. None. No angel visiting Mary, no 3 wise men.. Nothing..
As Paul was writing to people who were already Christians, there would be little reason to go into much detail at all about the life of Jesus, as they would have already known. But even so, you err in saying that his letters never mention an early Jesus given that 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 states that Jesus died, was buried, and resurrected--this is extremely earthly.
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 6:49am On Aug 17, 2020
RandomGuy48:
A lot of the things sonmnvayina are posting are in error, but there's some bits in particular that are so wrong I want to respond to them specifically:

Nicaea was about the question whether the Son was of the same substance as the Father or a separate and created (but still divine) being. It had nothing to do what you claim it does.

We have physical manuscripts of Mark that predate Eusebius. Did Eusebius have the power of time travel?

Absurd claims like this make it extremely hard to take anything you say seriously.

We have physical manuscripts of the letters of Paul that predate John Chrysostom. Did John Chrysostom have the power of time travel?

As Paul was writing to people who were already Christians, there would be little reason to go into much detail at all about the life of Jesus, as they would have already known. But even so, you err in saying that his letters never mention an early Jesus given that 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 states that Jesus died, was buried, and resurrected--this is extremely earthly.

There is nothing I posted there that is a lie.. Only time will judge.. It is not long again..
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 6:50am On Aug 17, 2020
RandomGuy48:

Show me from the old testament where Jesus was revealed... I am waiting..
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 19, 2020
I met this guy 4years ago in an hospital and since then we started communicating until recently , when a prophesy was revealed by his parent's prophets.
After we met at the hospital, he kept on asking me to date him but I didn't give give him a positive response till after 3years. That was last year August, I eventually accepted to date him. However, before I accepted to date him, I had prayed over it personally and even with 3 pastors and they revealed the same thing about him. All they revealed were good prophecies.
When I agreed to date him, he didn't have a good job but I did not mind because I believe the only constant thing in life is change. He then told me that same month "August" ,about a government job he applied for and wasn't willing to write the exams because of previous dissapointments. I convinced him to write the exams and eventually after some months , he got the job. He got the job December last year. He was so happy and kept saying it was my good luck but I belive it was just God.
Later on las December, he went to his home town for an event. Then , his parent's told him it was revealed to them that I wasn't meant for him. They told him things we would have difficulties and he will abandon his family if he marries me, they even told him something more extreme...They said having children will not be easy.
However, since I agreed to date him, things only got better for him and I never for once said or felt any bitterness towards his family.
Now, he is giving me attidue because of what his parent's prophets revealed without having any prove of a bad behaviour from my end. I told him to go and pray...he did that and obviously, what was revealed to him is different from what his parent told him.
Since Last year December till date, our relationship has been affected by this and he barely communicates with me. He chats me up once a while, telling me : we could still get married, the issue is beyond him, he is scared things his parents said might happen...in short , he fears what his parent told him might be true. It hasn't been easy for me, it hurts me so much because it took me 3years to finally accept to date him and Now, this is happening despite the fact that his life turned out better since we started dating. I don't know what to do , I wish God had somehow disclosed to me what I would experience with him. He is confused but I know this is a manipulation...I'm so sad.
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 19, 2020
Seyssss:
I met this guy 4years ago in an hospital and since then we started communicating until recently , when a prophesy was revealed by his parent's prophets.
After we met at the hospital, he kept on asking me to date him but I didn't give give him a positive response till after 3years. That was last year August, I eventually accepted to date him. However, before I accepted to date him, I had prayed over it personally and even with 3 pastors and they revealed the same thing about him. All they revealed were good prophecies.
When I agreed to date him, he didn't have a good job but I did not mind because I believe the only constant thing in life is change. He then told me that same month "August" ,about a government job he applied for and wasn't willing to write the exams because of previous dissapointments. I convinced him to write the exams and eventually after some months , he got the job. He got the job December last year. He was so happy and kept saying it was my good luck but I belive it was just God.
Later on las December, he went to his home town for an event. Then , his parent's told him it was revealed to them that I wasn't meant for him. They told him things we would have difficulties and he will abandon his family if he marries me, they even told him something more extreme...They said having children will not be easy.
However, since I agreed to date him, things only got better for him and I never for once said or felt any bitterness towards his family.
Now, he is giving me attidue because of what his parent's prophets revealed without having any prove of a bad behaviour from my end. I told him to go and pray...he did that and obviously, what was revealed to him is different from what his parent told him.
Since Last year December till date, our relationship has been affected by this and he barely communicates with me. He chats me up once a while, telling me : we could still get married, the issue is beyond him, he is scared things his parents said might happen...in short , he fears what his parent told him might be true. It hasn't been easy for me, it hurts me so much because it took me 3years to finally accept to date him and Now, this is happening despite the fact that his life turned out better since we started dating. I don't know what to do , I wish God had somehow disclosed to me what I would experience with him. He is confused but I know this is a manipulation...I'm so sad.

Sorry about your ordeal.
Please open a new thread to get a broader audience.
Will write my advice to you there

2 Likes

Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 8:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
[sub][/sub]

Give me an example of evil perpetuated by Satan without God's permission?
Re: Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. by sonmvayina(m): 1:36pm On Sep 25, 2020
Nobody has been able to prove from the old testament that jesus was God's plan..

I am still waiting?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Giving To Ur Parents "Sowing To The Flesh?" / On The Holy Communion ( Between Paul And Jesus Christ) / Hinduism - The Religion Of Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.