Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign (37807 Views)

LP’s Legal Team In Court With HD TV As Channels TV Staff Is Called As Witness. / ​Atiku Abubakar Launches World’s First Emoji Manifesto To Target Youth Voters / Governor Ahmed Reacts To Vandalization Of Campaign Billboards In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by sarrki(m): 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has launched an online television that will henceforth propagate his social and political activities.

The event took place at the Five Star Bristol Palace Hotel, Kano, where a video clip showed the former vice president speaking on his vision and aspiration.

Atiku was represented at the occasion by one of his sons and political allies, particularly PDP members.

The Atiku TV was launched by Hajiya Baraka Sani, a former Kano State Commissioner for Agriculture and Special Adviser to former president Goodluck Jonathan.

Baraka Sani said the ‘Atiku TV’ is a new approach that will change Atiku’s mode of reaching out to people from analogue to digital, henceforth.

She explained that the contents (about Atiku) for the television will be developed in YouTubes and circulated on the cyberspace, via WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms of the new media.

Four-term Senator representing Kano North, Sen. Bello Hayatu Gwarzo, said a lot of politicians will soon begin to copy Atiku’s style.

“In developed countries, people sit in their homes and watch campaign plans of candidates on the television; you must not carry hundreds of vehicles and begin to move from one village to another, and from house to house.

“The digital campaign sets the records of your campaign promises straight, so that people can hold you responsible when you fail to deliver on your promises.

“Most Nigerian politicians go to elective office empty headed, that is why you hear of several blames when things fail to work as expected,” Gwarzo said.

Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to Atiku on Youths and Strategy, Dr. Ahmed Adamu, said: “Today, everything is online. The voting population is also moving online. So, if you are a politician, candidate or public figure with a vision or anything you want to share or sell, the best platform to reach out to the people is the digital space.

He added: “We have over 130 million Nigerians on the internet, which is more than the votes required to win the presidency of Nigeria. And Atiku has a great vision for Nigeria. What he might lack is reaching out to the people, to really understand his vision. So, Atiku Tv is a channel to educate Nigerians about his vision.

“Atiku has set the bar high as a credible candidate with great vision no other candidate ever had. The bar he has raised is so high that any other candidate that is coming must try to be like him or to do more than he does. And that is the kind of president we need in Nigeria, because leadership is about vision.

“We may not believe in a leader’s vision but the leader believes in his, while leading people when he gets to power. Atiku TV is therefore, a channel to broadcast, share and educate the people about Atiku Abubakar, his personality and vision. Many people know Atiku only as a politician; they know less about his vision,” he said.

Adamu, who denied that the Atiku TV was launched with an eye on 2023 presidential election, however, stressed that Atiku, may contest, if the security and economic challenges of the country persist.

“We are not promoting Atiku’s presidential ambition, because it is not yet time, and Atiku is not desperate for a political position. He is concerned about Nigeria and its future.

“But the problems that Atiku saw in the past are still unsolved. And if Nigeria has not reached the level of prosperity it desires, he will not rest. He was lucky to attain education and positions, but what about others who are not privileged? Atiku is doing it for the underprivileged, especially the youth.

“So, as long as security and economic challenges keep persisting, I think Atiku will be willing to throw his cap into the ring once again to savage the situation in the country,” Adamu said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/2023-atiku-launches-online-tv-as-new-channel-of-campaign/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by chiiraq802(m): 8:52pm On Aug 12, 2020
OK..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by Amotolongbo(f): 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2020
“We are not promoting Atiku’s presidential ambition, because it is not yet time, and Atiku is not desperate for a political position. He is concerned about Nigeria and its future.
scam

The same scam Buhari sold to us in the past.

Yahoo ni Babalawo

214 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by manuelzz(m): 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2020
Brilliant move

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by athaboi(f): 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2020
Atikulated

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by budaatum: 9:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
athaboi:
Atikulated
He is improving standards. Sai bubu!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by Larryhoover(m): 9:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Amotolongbo:
scam

Yahoo ni Babalawo

Ole ni everybody.

For me, I think Atiku should forget ruling Nigeria as he lost his last chance in the 2019 elections. It is quite unfortunate that the state of the country is what it is today. I recall prior to the last presidential election, having engaged a good number of elites on their preferred candidate, they aired some views that actually battered the candidacy of Atiku even though Buhari wasn't the best choice.
1. His unredeemed pedigree orchestrated by Obasanjo in his book and other public avenue.
2. Accusation of massive stealing while in Government as VP and as the head of Customs.
3. Allocation of Government properties to himself and other laundry list of allegations against him.

Despite his perseverance to win the 2019 presidential election, I was bewildered when he was asked on live TV about his status and influence in the economy of Adamawa state but Atiku resorted to being defensive by replying the interviewer "Do you know what I have been through before reaching this position". Of course that would instigate a lot of questions from Nigerians when a presidential candidate is being defensive on question about his integrity.

In a nutshell, all odds were and are still against him. Because despite all the agitations, Southerners would fight for the next presidency regardless of the clamour of merit against zoning recently being debated.

Finally, is the age factor. Currently he is 73 years and if he should clinch power in 2023, he would be 76 years and should he get a second term, he would be leaving office at 84 years. Buhari is also 77years and would leave office at 80years. The question is, what difference would Atiku make to Nigeria at 76 provided he is healthy and judging from Buhari's Governance of today marred with a lot of health challenges and lack of adequate Governance skills.

So for me I think it's time for Atiku to retire his political career as it would be a Herculean task for him to become the president of Nigeria.

155 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Our Eastern brothers will sheepishly follow him and abandon E—gbo presidency

Visionless people

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by favor914: 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
Amotolongbo:
scam

Yahoo ni Babalawo
Why bring the President’s name in? Stick to your pdp affairs, and Atiku is coming scams.

52 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by Amotolongbo(f): 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
favor914:
Why bring the President’s name in? Stick to your pdp affairs, and Atiku is coming scams.
Cos Our President is the major scam we have for now.

If you are pained, kindly look for any transformer around to hug

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2020
With Atiku TV, Atiku must cum in 2023

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by BlowYourMind: 9:19pm On Aug 12, 2020
2023 Igbo presidency is gradually fading away like smoke

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by TheCork(m): 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Cos Our President is the major scam we have for now.

If you are pained, kindly look for any transformer around to hug

Did I mention I drive BMW (£35,000) cash, & I live in rich part of London call pekam.. juss in case u ask! cheesy

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by Amotolongbo(f): 9:26pm On Aug 12, 2020
TheCork:

Did I mention I drive BMW (£35,000) cash, & I live in rich part of London call pekam.. juss in case u ask! cheesy
Cool

Did I mention I drive a LEGXUS (N0) cash and live in a ghetto part of Lagos call Itamaga in Ikorodu... juss In case you don’t know cheesy

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by TheCork(m): 9:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Cool

Did I mention I drive a LEGXUS (N0) cash and live in a ghetto part of Lagos call Itamaga in Ikorodu... juss In case you don’t know cheesy

Drive? In Nigeria? Since when did u people ever have road wit traffick light? I seen YouTube video of u people driving okada.. I lie? Anyways gimmme yor nomba dear. I have moiney smiley

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by WonderManly(m): 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
Oya let's go there jor. Atiku for life! Stil Atikulate, Atikulating...

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by Tkester: 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
Tinubu right now.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by Kissiemu(m): 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2020
Wait...

So Atiku is serious about contesting again in 2023?

For what?

Dem bury him placenta for there?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by slivertongue: 10:48pm On Aug 12, 2020
good luck to him
Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by feedthenation(m): 11:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
Abeg Atiku should contest in 2023, we need some free dollars

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by Apawicked: 11:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
EastGold:
Our Eastern brothers will sheepishly follow him.

Visionless people
The real visionless people are the ones that campaigned and voted for the disaster that's currently in Aso Rock.

Primitive people

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by BabaRamota1980: 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kuutt!! Yanminri need to send high power delegation to Atiku. This is wickedness.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by BabaRamota1980: 12:30am On Aug 13, 2020
sarrki:
Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has launched an online television that will henceforth propagate his social and political activities.

The event took place at the Five Star Bristol Palace Hotel, Kano, where a video clip showed the former vice president speaking on his vision and aspiration.

Atiku was represented at the occasion by one of his sons and political allies, particularly PDP members.

The Atiku TV was launched by Hajiya Baraka Sani, a former Kano State Commissioner for Agriculture and Special Adviser to former president Goodluck Jonathan.

Baraka Sani said the ‘Atiku TV’ is a new approach that will change Atiku’s mode of reaching out to people from analogue to digital, henceforth.

She explained that the contents (about Atiku) for the television will be developed in YouTubes and circulated on the cyberspace, via WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms of the new media.

Four-term Senator representing Kano North, Sen. Bello Hayatu Gwarzo, said a lot of politicians will soon begin to copy Atiku’s style.

“In developed countries, people sit in their homes and watch campaign plans of candidates on the television; you must not carry hundreds of vehicles and begin to move from one village to another, and from house to house.

“The digital campaign sets the records of your campaign promises straight, so that people can hold you responsible when you fail to deliver on your promises.

“Most Nigerian politicians go to elective office empty headed, that is why you hear of several blames when things fail to work as expected,” Gwarzo said.

Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to Atiku on Youths and Strategy, Dr. Ahmed Adamu, said: “Today, everything is online. The voting population is also moving online. So, if you are a politician, candidate or public figure with a vision or anything you want to share or sell, the best platform to reach out to the people is the digital space.

He added: “We have over 130 million Nigerians on the internet, which is more than the votes required to win the presidency of Nigeria. And Atiku has a great vision for Nigeria. What he might lack is reaching out to the people, to really understand his vision. So, Atiku Tv is a channel to educate Nigerians about his vision.

“Atiku has set the bar high as a credible candidate with great vision no other candidate ever had. The bar he has raised is so high that any other candidate that is coming must try to be like him or to do more than he does. And that is the kind of president we need in Nigeria, because leadership is about vision.

“We may not believe in a leader’s vision but the leader believes in his, while leading people when he gets to power. Atiku TV is therefore, a channel to broadcast, share and educate the people about Atiku Abubakar, his personality and vision. Many people know Atiku only as a politician; they know less about his vision,” he said.

Adamu, who denied that the Atiku TV was launched with an eye on 2023 presidential election, however, stressed that Atiku, may contest, if the security and economic challenges of the country persist.

“But the problems that Atiku saw in the past are still unsolved. And if Nigeria has not reached the level of prosperity it desires, he will not rest. He was lucky to attain education and positions, but what about others who are not privileged? Atiku is doing it for the underprivileged, especially the youth.

“So, as long as security and economic challenges keep persisting, I think Atiku will be willing to throw his cap into the ring once again to savage the situation in the country,” Adamu said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/2023-atiku-launches-online-tv-as-new-channel-of-campaign/

In summary, a package of nonsense! grin

Atiku is wealthy but money is not working for him. Atiku has been in politics since 1998 and till date he still hasnt successfully outsmarted Babagana Kingibe and snatch the grassroot to himself. He is still missing the key ingredients to political power. You have to build a base! Without a political base online tv is nothing.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by tribalmall: 2:29am On Aug 13, 2020
Online TV kill this kleptomaniac there.
No be only online TV na offline TV.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by funmike83(f): 2:50am On Aug 13, 2020
Only God knows the miracle this man wants to perform

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by Success20202020: 3:09am On Aug 13, 2020
If you need a content creator for your blog contact jadewale257@gmail.com
Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by Ategberoson(m): 4:37am On Aug 13, 2020
This Thief would have become Nigeria president if not that he shoot himself at the foot by promising to sell NNPC and enriching his friends coupled with visiting USA that's totally unnecessary

how can you sell NEPA and still be threatening us of selling other sector all because of greediness.

this doesn't mean those that elect and reelected that clowns in Asorock won't receive thunder in due time. the kind thunder that will strike Buhari's supporter is still collecting Covid-19 vaccine

how can a sane mind support and praise a dead blockhead, unexposed, the most unsocial and inhumane President like Buhari?

Buhari is a total mistake to any country, he might have a bunch of imbeciles followers but that doesn't mean he's not a national mistake

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by Amaso99(m): 6:27am On Aug 13, 2020
Atiku has nothing to offer
He should forget about contesting
Power should go back to the south

13 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign by IvarTheBoneless: 7:06am On Aug 13, 2020
It's I think the hard decision Atiku must make.

He should just channel his money into making another person President.

It is too late for him.

I am a fan of Tinubu, but if he doesn't get the chance in 2023.... he too might have to give the dream up. I saw him mumbling through an interview and he didn't sound too coherent to be honest. (old age? dementia?)

Larryhoover:

Ole ni everybody.

For me, I think Atiku should forget ruling Nigeria as he lost his last chance in the 2019 elections. It is quite unfortunate that the state of the country is what it is today. I recall prior to the last presidential election, having engaged a good number of elites on their preferred candidate, they aired some views that actually battered the candidacy of Atiku even though Buhari wasn't the best choice.
1. His unredeemed pedigree orchestrated by Obasanjo in his book and other public avenue.
2. Accusation of massive stealing while in Government as VP and as the head of Customs.
3. Allocation of Government properties to himself and other laundry list of allegations against him.

Despite his perseverance to win the 2019 presidential election, I was bewildered when he was asked on live TV about his status and influence in the economy of Adamawa state but Atiku resorted to being defensive by replying the interviewer "Do you know what I have been through before reaching this position". Of course that would instigate a lot of questions from Nigerians when a presidential candidate is being defensive on question about his integrity.

In a nutshell, all odds were and are still against him. Because despite all the agitations, Southerners would fight for the next presidency regardless of the clamour of merit against zoning recently being debated.

Finally, is the age factor. Currently he is 73 years and if he should clinch power in 2023, he would be 76 years and should be get a second term, he would be leaving office at 84 years. Buhari is also 77years and would leave office at 80years. The question is, what difference would Atiku make to Nigeria at 76 provided he is healthy and judging from Buhari's Governance of today marred with a lot of health challenges and lack of adequate Governance skills.

So for me I think it's time for Atiku to retire his political career as it would be a Herculean task for him to become the president of Nigeria.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari At The Swearing-In Of Adamu As APC National Chairman (Photos) / MC Oluomo: Certificate Or No Certificate, Tinubu Is Nigeria’s Next President / Osinbajo Commissions Bayelsa Heliport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.