Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran (1491 Views)

Coronavirus: Pastor Poju Oyemade's 2019 Prophecy Of An Unstoppable Plague / The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
a. Promise of God to Ishmael
Genesis 16
9 The Angel of the Lord said to her, Go back to your mistress and [humbly] submit to her control.

10 Also the Angel of the Lord said to her, I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be numbered for multitude.

11 And the Angel of the Lord continued, See now, you are with child and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Ishmael [God hears], because the Lord has heard and paid attention to your affliction.

12 And he [Ishmael] will be as a wild ass among men; his hand will be against every man and every man's hand against him, and he will live to the east and on the borders of all his kinsmen.

[b]Prophecy of the coming of a prophet to moses

Deuteronomy 18
18 I will raise up for them a prophet (Prophet) from among their brethren like you, and will put My words in his mouth; and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

19 And whoever will not hearken to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him.

Also

bii) Isaiah 42

1 BEHOLD MY [a]Servant, Whom I uphold, My elect in Whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice and right and reveal truth to the nations.(A)

2 He will not cry or shout aloud or cause His voice to be heard in the street.

3 A bruised reed He will not break, and a dimly burning wick He will not quench; He will bring forth justice in truth.(B)

4 He will not fail or become weak or be crushed and discouraged till He has established justice in the earth; and the islands and coastal regions shall wait hopefully for Him and expect His direction and law.([/b]C)

5Thus says God the Lord--He Who created the heavens and stretched them forth, He Who spread abroad the earth and that which comes out of it, He Who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:

6I the Lord have called You for a righteous purpose and in righteousness; I will take You by the hand and will keep You; [b]I will give You for a covenant to the people, for a light to the nations [Gentiles],

7To open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from the dungeon, and those who sit in darkness from the prison.(D)

8I am the Lord; that is My name! And My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images.

9Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them.

10 Sing to the Lord a new song, and His praise from the end of the earth! You who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, the islands and coastal regions and the inhabitants of them [sing a song such as has never been heard in the heathen world]!

11 Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voices, the villages that Kedar inhabits. Let the inhabitants of the rock [Sela or Petra] sing; let them shout from the tops of the mountains!

13 The Lord will go forth like a mighty man, He will rouse up His zealous indignation and vengeance like a warrior; He will cry, yes, He will shout aloud, He will do mightily against His enemies.

God specifically made a promise to the nations(Gentiles) specially that the prophet is coming from Arab(kedar) who happened to be one of Ishmael sons.

c. Jews expecting Elijah, Messiah, and the prophet
Jews expecting 3 personalities Elijah, messiah, and a prophet. Jesus confirmed John the Baptist was Elijah, Christ is the messiah so who is this prophet to come?
John 1
19 And this is the testimony of John when the Jews sent priests and Levites to him from Jerusalem to ask him, Who are you?

20 He confessed (admitted the truth) and did not try to conceal it, but acknowledged, I am not the Christ!

21 They asked him, What then? Are you Elijah? And he said, I am not! Are you the Prophet? And he answered, No!(H)

22 Then they said to him, Who are you? Tell us, so that we may give an answer to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?

23 He said, I am the voice of one crying aloud in the wilderness [the voice of one shouting in the desert], Prepare the way of the Lord [level, straighten out, the path of the Lord], as the prophet Isaiah said.(I)

24 The messengers had been sent from the Pharisees.

25 And they asked him, Why then are you baptizing if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?

d. Jesus confirming the coming of something or someone, prophet?
John 16
13 But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].

14 He will honor and glorify Me, because He will take of (receive, draw upon) what is Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you.

So similar to the prophecy of God to Moses of the coming of a new prophet.

Deuteronomy 18
18 I will raise up for them a prophet (Prophet) from among their brethren like you, and will put My words in his mouth; and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

19 And whoever will not hearken to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him

e. Word of Allah from the Quran

"Say, Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel - it is [none but] he who has brought the Qur'an down upon your heart, [O Muhammad], by permission of Allah, confirming that which was before it and as guidance and good tidings for the believers."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 97)

"And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise."
(QS. Ibrahim 14: Verse 4)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com

F. Muhammad never spoke of himself but what he heared from the spirit of truth (Gabriel) commanding to preach and speak the Word of God (Quran) of which Glorified Jesus by naming 2 Surah in honour of Mary(suratul Mariam) and Surat imran and confirming Jesus as the messiah.

I testify that there is no god except Allah and Prophet Muhammad (S. A. W) is a messenger of God.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by sagenaija: 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
haekymbahd:
Promise of God to Ishmael
Genesis 16
9 The Angel of the Lord said to her, Go back to your mistress and [humbly] submit to her control.

Frankly what sense does it make for you guys to claim that the Bible has errors or is corrupted and still run to it to validate your prophet's prophethood?

You cannot eat your cake and still have it. Can you?

If the book is corrupted what makes you think the portions you're picking are correct? Why even choose to go to a book you query for validation?

It's only Islam that that makes sense to.

7 Likes

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
Frankly what sense does it make for you guys to claim that the Bible has errors or is corrupted and still run to it to validate your prophet's prophethood?

You cannot eat your cake and still have it. Can you?

If the book is corrupted what makes you think the portions you're picking are correct? Why even choose to go to a book you query for validation?

It's only Islam that that makes sense to.
It is because that is the only thing you believe in... If I quote from an Islamic source alone you won't believe why bother myself.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
haekymbahd:
Promise of God to Ishmael
Genesis 16
Ok. We see that God promised Ishmael that he would be a sort of gypsy among men. OK.
haekymbahd:
Prophecy of the coming of a prophet to moses
Wrong! This is not a prophecy of the coming of 'a prophet'.

Deuteronomy 18 vs 14-19
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14. “You will force the other nations out of your land. They listen to people who use magic and try to tell the future. But the Lord your God will not let you do these things.
15. The Lord your God will send to you a prophet. This prophet will come from among your own people, and he will be like me. You must listen to him.
16. God will send you this prophet because that is what you asked him to do. When you were gathered together at Mount Horeb, you became frightened and said, ‘Don’t let us hear the voice of the Lord our God again! Don’t let us see that great fire or we will die!’
17. “The Lord said to me, ‘What they ask for is good.
18. I will send them a prophet like you. This prophet will be one of their own people. I will tell him what he must say, and he will tell the people everything I command.
19. This prophet will speak for me, and I will punish anyone who refuses to listen to my commands.’
20. “But a prophet might say something that I did not tell him to say. And he might tell people that he is speaking for me. If this happens, that prophet must be killed. Also a prophet might come that speaks for other gods. That prophet must also be killed.
21. You might be thinking, ‘How can we know if something a prophet says is not from the Lord?’
22. If a prophet says he is speaking for the Lord, but what he says does not happen, you will know that the Lord did not say it. You will know that this prophet was speaking his own ideas. You don’t need to be afraid of him.
This is God's prophetic promise that from within the Israelite population (descendants of Jacob ONLY), He would set apart prophets to carry His message to the the people of Israel. Yes, God's prophets are Israelites (descendants of Jacob), not foreigners. After all, the entirety of the Old Covenant agreement was made and exists between God and the descendants of Jacob to this day, not with the people of the world.

Deuteronomy 4 vs 1-2 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. “Now, Israel, listen to the laws and to the commands that I teach you. Obey them and you will live. Then you can go in and take the land that the Lord, the God of your ancestors, is giving you.
2. You must not add to what I command you. And you must not take anything away. You must obey the commands of the Lord your God that I have given you.
That agreement is between God and the descendants of Jacob(Israel). Israel, the people, is the only people God promised to make prophets for, and the prophets He promised them would come from among them -- an Israelite. This agreement is an everlasting covenant, so it is still binding to this day. Meaning God never changed His mind about that stipulation at all!

Deuteronomy 6 vs 1-3(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. “These are the commands, the laws, and the rules that the Lord your God told me to teach you. Obey these laws in the land that you are entering to live in.
2. You and your descendants must respect the Lord your God as long as you live. You must obey all his laws and commands that I give you. If you do this, you will have a long life in that new land.
3. Israelites, listen carefully and obey these laws. Then everything will be fine with you. You will have many children, and you will get the land filled with many good things[a]—just as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, promised.
So you see, the law was to none other than the Israelites... descendants of Jacob.... whose ancestors are Abraham, Isaac AND Jacob... all those who are not of that bloodline are not included.

Deuteronomy 6 vs 10-11(ERV)
10. “The Lord your God made a promise to your ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, AND Jacob. He promised to give you this land, and he will give it to you. He will give you great and rich cities that you did not build.
11. He will give you houses full of good things that you did not put there. He will give you wells that you did not dig. He will give you vineyards and olive trees that you did not plant, and you will have plenty to eat.
Meaning no foreigner, not even those related to Abraham, and certainly not Ishmael, can be a prophet as described in Deuteronomy 18.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20 (ERV)
15. “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.
19. “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20. You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
Again, this is where God ratifies the Old Covenant, which He started creating for them in Exodus 17. Note yet again that the agreement is not for all nations, nor is it for every descendent of Abraham... No, it is Strictly for the descendants of Abraham, Isaac AND Jacob meaning anyone who is not of Jacob cannot partake of the agreement in any way shape or form.

What should all this mean to you and the claims of your prophet? It means Mohammed lied to you all that God of the Bible sent Him. He can't be a prophet from the agreement made by God with the People of Israel.. unless He is calling God a liar!
haekymbahd:
Jews expecting Elijah, Messiah, and the prophet
Jews expecting 3 personalities Elijah, messiah, and a prophet. Jesus confirmed John the Baptist was Elijah, Christ is the messiah so who is this prophet to come?
Well, the Jews may still be waiting for a prophet the likes of the ones you listed, however, should such a prophet eventually come, be sure that prophet will come from, among them.. the Israelites. He will not be a foreigner as far as the descendants of Jacob are concerned.
haekymbahd:
Jesus confirming the coming of something or someone, prophet?
LOL
haekymbahd:
Word of Allah from the Quran
"Say, Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel - it is [none but] he who has brought the Qur'an down upon your heart, [O Muhammad], by permission of Allah, confirming that which was before it and as guidance and good tidings for the believers."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 97)
"And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise."
(QS. Ibrahim 14: Verse 4)
Muhammad never spoke of himself but what he heared from the spirit of truth (Gabriel) commanding to preach and speak the Word of God (Quran) of which Glorified Jesus by naming a Sarah in honour of Mary(suratul Mariam) and Surat imran.
Regardless of what your book tells you, the fact remains that the Prophets come from Israel - they were and still are Israelis - and not from any foreign blood line. And since Mohammed never claimed to be a descendant of Jacob(Israel), he was definitely not a prophet of the God of Abraham, Isaac AND Jacob . He may be a prophet of some other but definitely not the God of the Jews.

4 Likes

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 7:04am On Aug 13, 2020
cool
Kobojunkie:
Ok.
Regardless of what your book tells you, the fact remains that the Prophets come from Israel - they were and still are Israelis - and not from any foreign blood line. And since Mohammed never claimed to be a descendant of Jacob(Israel), he was definitely not a prophet of the God of Abraham, Isaac AND Jacob . He may be a prophet of some other but definitely not the God of the Jews.
From my understanding you said Muhammad can't be the prophet because he is not an Israelite.
Also that the prophecy has not been fulfilled yet that we are still expecting a prophet to come from isreal
Am I right?

You quoted Deu 18 vs 15
15 The Lord your God will raise up for you [a]a prophet (Prophet) from the midst of your brethren like me [Moses]; to him you shall listen.(B)

Has there ever been a prophet before in Israel like Moses?
Also the word brethren [/b]is the plural form of brother (Israelites and Ishmaelites) of which I don't think the ishmaelite has ever had a prophet like Moses?

[b]Deuces 23 Vs 7

7You shall not abhor an Edomite, for he is your brother [Esau's descendant]. You shall not abhor an Egyptian, because you were a stranger and temporary resident in his land.

If edomite can be brothers of Israelites then ishmaelites are perfect brethren(brothers)

It is also clear that Israel has also never had a prophet like Moses since his death

Deu 34 Vs 10
10And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face,

11[None equal to him] in all the signs and wonders which the Lord sent him to do in the land of Egypt--to Pharaoh and to all his servants and to all his land,.

So who is this prophet to come?

Isaiah 42 also prophecy about coming of muhammad
1 BEHOLD MY [a]Servant, Whom I uphold, My elect in Whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice and right and reveal truth to the nations.(A)

3 A bruised reed He will not break, and a dimly burning wick He will not quench; He will bring forth justice in truth.(B)

4 He will not fail or become weak or be crushed and discouraged till He has established justice in the earth; and the islands and coastal regions shall wait hopefully for Him and expect His direction and law.(C)

5 Thus says God the Lord--He Who created the heavens and stretched them forth, He Who spread abroad the earth and that which comes out of it, He Who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:

6 I the Lord have called You for a righteous purpose and in righteousness; I will take You by the hand and will keep You; I will give You for a covenant to the people [Israel], for a light to the nations [Gentiles],

7 To open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from the dungeon, and those who sit in darkness from the prison.(D)

8 I am the Lord; that is My name! And My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images.

9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them.

10 Sing to the Lord a new song, and His praise from the end of the earth! You who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, the islands and coastal regions and the inhabitants of them [sing a song such as has never been heard in the heathen world]!

11 Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voices, the villages that Kedar inhabits. Let the inhabitants of the rock [Sela or Petra] sing; let them shout from the tops of the mountains!

Where is the location of Kedar and Sela (Arab) so definitely about coming of Muhammad.
Also kedar was one of Ishmael sons which makes Muhammad a descendant.

Sela a mountain in medinah

Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of isreal while Muhammad to the world?
Muhammad brought a law while Jesus didn't?

Do you think a prophet is still going to come from Israel because I don't think so and if not it would mean God failed to keep his promise?

Same way the Jews are expecting the messiah when he had come already.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 8:26am On Aug 13, 2020
Allah SWT said:

"Say, We have believed in Allah and in what was revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Descendants, and in what was given to Moses and Jesus and to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [submitting] to Him."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 84)

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by sagenaija: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
It is because that is the only thing you believe in... If I quote from an Islamic source alone you won't believe why bother myself.

You need to be SMART about what you write. Even if you copy and paste make sure you understand what you're copying and pasting.

Prophecy is talking about what will happen in the future. The Koran was not given before Mohamed but during his lifetime. Therefore you cannot be talking about 'prophecy' on Mohamed in a book given during his lifetime. It does not make sense. Do you agree?

The God of the Bible amongst other things promised Abraham and Israel a land forever. Abraham was asked to leave his country for this land. Abraham's God is called the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Can you see Abraham to Isaac to Jacob.

You will therefore need to PROVE, from the Bible, that the promises of God to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has CHANGED before your claim that God changed the lineage of prophethood from the line I stated above to another line - Ishmael can be correct. And also PROVE that God has changed his mind about the physical land he gave to Abraham and his descendants forever to Arabia.

Can you show us these?

1 Like

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 9:22am On Aug 13, 2020
sagenaija:

You will therefore need to PROVE, from the Bible, that the promises of God to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has CHANGED before your claim that God changed the lineage of prophethood from the line I stated above to another line - Ishmael can be correct. And also PROVE that God has changed his mind about the physical land he gave to Abraham and his descendants forever to Arabia.

Can you show us these?
did you read this at all

haekymbahd:
coolFrom my understanding you said Muhammad can't be the prophet because he is not an Israelite.
Also that the prophecy has not been fulfilled yet that we are still expecting a prophet to come from isreal
Am I right?

You quoted Deu 18 vs 15
15 The Lord your God will raise up for you [a]a prophet (Prophet) from the midst of your brethren like me [Moses]; to him you shall listen.(B)

Also the word brethren [/b]is the plural form of brother (Israelites and Ishmaelites) of which I don't think the ishmaelite has ever had a prophet like Moses?

[b]Deuces 23 Vs 7

7You shall not abhor an Edomite, for he is your brother [Esau's descendant]. You shall not abhor an Egyptian, because you were a stranger and temporary resident in his land.

If edomite can be brothers of Israelites then ishmaelites are perfect brethren(brothers)

It is also clear that Israel has also never had a prophet like Moses since his death

Deu 34 Vs 10
10And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face,

11[None equal to him] in all the signs and wonders which the Lord sent him to do in the land of Egypt--to Pharaoh and to all his servants and to all his land,.

4 He will not fail or become weak or be crushed and discouraged till He has established justice in the earth; and the islands and coastal regions shall wait hopefully for Him and expect His direction and law.(C)

5 Thus says God the Lord--He Who created the heavens and stretched them forth, He Who spread abroad the earth and that which comes out of it, He Who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:

6 I the Lord have called You for a righteous purpose and in righteousness; I will take You by the hand and will keep You; I will give You for a covenant to the people [Israel], for a light to the nations [Gentiles],

7 To open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from the dungeon, and those who sit in darkness from the prison.(D)

8 I am the Lord; that is My name! And My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images.

9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Where is the location of Kedar and Sela (Arab) so definitely about coming of Muhammad.

Do you think a prophet is still going to come from Israel because I don't think so and if not it would mean God failed to keep his promise?

@sagenaija did you read this at all.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by DappaD: 9:32am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
coolFrom my understanding you said Muhammad can't be the prophet because he is not an Israelite.
Am I right?

You quoted Deu 18 vs 15

[b]Deuces 23 Vs 7

Deu 34 Vs 10

Muslims are just the most confused set of zealots I've encountered especially on nairaland
Just like one of your confused brothers Lululuku69, he claims all those passages in the OT actually points to it been fulfilled by Ishmael/Mohammed/Allah or whatever the name of your god is.
In spite of the fact that Jehovah God blessed Ishmael, He further said that he would establish his COVENANT with Isaac (Genesis 17:19-21)

It's also funny how you quote Deuteronomy 18:15 and Isaiah 42:1-10 when in fact ALL those prophecies were fulfilled/some to be fulfilled concerning Jesus(who was a descendant of Isaac) some hundreds of years later and also in the future.
Compare Deuteronomy 18:15 with the following Scriptures in the NT Luke 7:16, John 6:14, 7:40, Acts 3:22
And compare Isaiah 42 with Matthew 12:15-21

When you're done comparing, let us know where your god Muhammad comes into the picture.

1 Like

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 9:40am On Aug 13, 2020
Allah SWT said:

"The People of the Scripture ask you to bring down to them a book from the heaven. But they had asked of Moses [even] greater than that and said, Show us Allah outright, so the thunderbolt struck them for their wrongdoing. Then they took the calf [for worship] after clear evidences had come to them, and We pardoned that. And We gave Moses a clear authority."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 153)

"And We raised over them the mount for [refusal of] their covenant; and We said to them, Enter the gate bowing humbly, and We said to them, Do not transgress on the sabbath, and We took from them a solemn covenant."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 154)

"And [We cursed them] for their breaking of the covenant and their disbelief in the signs of Allah and their killing of the prophets without right and their saying, Our hearts are wrapped. Rather, Allah has sealed them because of their disbelief, so they believe not, except for a few."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 155)

"And [We cursed them] for their disbelief and their saying against Mary a great slander,"
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 156)

"And [for] their saying, Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah. And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 157)

"Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 158)

And there is none from the People of the Scripture but that he will surely believe in Jesus before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection he will be against them a witness."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 159)

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by sagenaija: 9:50am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
did you read this at all
@sagenaija did you read this at all.
haekymbahd, why is it difficult for you to explain things in your own words?

Why copy and paste to answer simple questions?

When you say 'prophecy', what is your understanding of it?

When did lineage of 'prophethood' change from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to Abraham, Ishmael and .......?

When did the land promised change to Arabia?

These are not difficult to answer without copying and pasting, are they?

So, please tell us.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 10:02am On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

Muslims are just the most confused set of zealots I've encountered especially on nairaland
Just like one of your confused brothers Lululuku69, he claims all those passages in the OT actually points to it been fulfilled by Ishmael/Mohammed/Allah or whatever the name of your god is.
In spite of the fact that Jehovah God blessed Ishmael, He further said that he would establish his COVENANT with Isaac (Genesis 17:19-21)

It's also funny how you quote Deuteronomy 18:15 and Isaiah 42:1-10 when in fact ALL those prophecies were fulfilled/some to be fulfilled concerning Jesus(who was a descendant of Isaac) some hundreds of years later and also in the future.
Compare Deuteronomy 18:15 with the following Scriptures in the NT Luke 7:16, John 6:14, 7:40, Acts 3:22
And compare Isaiah 42 with Matthew 12:15-21

When you're done comparing, let us know where your god Muhammad comes into the picture.
Are you sure Jesus was descendant of Isaac Last time I checked Jesus was son of Mary because he was conceived of the pure spirit no earthly father. Joseph was a descendant of Jacob but he was no father to Jesus.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 10:06am On Aug 13, 2020
sagenaija:

haekymbahd, why is it difficult for you to explain things in your own words?

Why copy and paste to answer simple questions?

When did lineage of 'prophethood' change from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to Abraham, Ishmael and .......?

When did the land promised change to Arabia?

These are not difficult to answer without copying and pasting, are they?

So, please tell us.
All I posted here was by my initiative and my words I only copied from Bible and Quran. I posted it earlier they broke the convenant

Allah SWT said:

"The People of the Scripture ask you to bring down to them a book from the heaven. But they had asked of Moses [even] greater than that and said, Show us Allah outright, so the thunderbolt struck them for their wrongdoing. Then they took the calf [for worship] after clear evidences had come to them, and We pardoned that. And We gave Moses a clear authority."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 153)

"And We raised over them the mount for [refusal of] their covenant; and We said to them, Enter the gate bowing humbly, and We said to them, Do not transgress on the sabbath, and We took from them a solemn covenant."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 154)

"And [We cursed them] for their breaking of the covenant and their disbelief in the signs of Allah and their killing of the prophets without right and their saying, Our hearts are wrapped. Rather, Allah has sealed them because of their disbelief, so they believe not, except for a few."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 155)

"And [We cursed them] for their disbelief and their saying against Mary a great slander,"
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 156)

"And [for] their saying, Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah. And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 157)

"Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 158)

And there is none from the People of the Scripture but that he will surely believe in Jesus before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection he will be against them a witness."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 159)

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by DappaD: 10:13am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
Are you sure Jesus was descendant of Isaac time I checked Jesus was son of Mary because he was conceived of the pure spirit no earthly father. Joseph was a descendant of Jacob but he was no father to Jesus.
Jesus had both the legal and natural descent of Isaac!
His adoptive father Joseph was from the line of Isaac, giving Jesus the legal right to the throne of David his forefather which in essence is God's throne.
His mother Mary was also from the line of Isaac, meaning that Jesus also had the natural descent from Isaac, since she bore him through natural means.

I still fail to see how your god Muhammad is involved in any of this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 10:15am On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

Jesus had both the legal and natural descent of Isaac!
His adoptive father Joseph was from the line of Isaac, giving Jesus the legal right to the throne of David his forefather which in essence is God's throne.
His mother Mary was also from the line of Isaac, meaning that Jesus also had the natural descent from Isaac, since she bore him through natural means.

I still fail to see how your god Muhammad is involved in any of this.
Are you saying Jesus was born also with original sin.

Muhammad is not my God but Allah. I will never take a man as God.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by DappaD: 10:22am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
Are you saying Jesus was born also with original sin.

No! He didn't have a literal human father that would pass sin over to him. Mary didn't conceive Jesus through the sperm of a man.
When holy spirit came upon Mary, the son she bore was free from sin and holy.

Joseph a descendant of David was Jesus' adoptive father so that gave Jesus the legal right to the throne of David his forefather.

QED smiley

1 Like

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

No! He didn't have a literal human father that would pass sin over to him. Mary didn't conceive Jesus through the sperm of a man.
When holy spirit came upon Mary, the son she bore was free from sin and holy.

Joseph a descendant of David was Jesus' adoptive father so that gave Jesus the legal right to the throne of David his forefather.

QED smiley
Literal or real father I don't care...... well Isaiah 42 who was it talking about hope you know the Jews don't believe it is Jesus even though you both the same scriptures. Refute my claim where and who is kedar and Sela is the place in Israel refute this claim of mine.

They are in Arab so how is this prophecy about Jesus.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 10:46am On Aug 13, 2020
"
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by DappaD: 11:03am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
Literal or real father I don't care...... well Isaiah 42 who was it talking about hope you know the Jews don't believe it is Jesus even though you both read the same scriptures. Refute my claim (where and who is kedar and Sela is the place in Israel refute this claim of mine).

That's why I asked you to compare Isaiah 42 with Matthew 12:15-21 and let's see where your Mohammed fits in!

@the bolded, we don't need the Jews to confirm for us that Jesus is the Son of God who was sent to the earth. There was enough resounding evidence from the very scriptures the Jews read in their day that pointed to Jesus being the Messiah! (Daniel 9:24-26, Isaiah 61:1-2 compare with Luke 4:16-21)
But they rejected him because he didn't subscribe to their faulty line of thought – they were expecting a person to deliver them from the hands of the Roman soldiers and Jesus wasn't the political activist for the job. Jesus himself maintained that God's Kingdom is no part of this satanic world! John 18:36
That's why he didn't try to overturn the ruling governments at that time. John 6:15

This makes sense because when the last Davidic king was cut off, God said he would establish his Kingdom in heaven to rule over earth so that there wouldn't be any need for human rulership! Isaiah 9:6,7, 11:1-10, Daniel 2:44, 7:13,14, Ezekiel 21:27, Amos 9:11

1 Like

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 11:07am On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

That's why I asked you to compare Isaiah 42 with Matthew 12:15-21 and let's see where your Mohammed fits in!

@the bolded, we don't need the Jews to confirm for us that Jesus is the Son of God who was sent to the earth. There was enough resounding evidence from the very scriptures the Jews read in their day that pointed to Jesus being the Messiah! (Daniel 9:24-26, Isaiah 61:1 compare with Luke 4:16-21)
But they rejected him because he didn't subscribe to their faulty line of thought – they were expecting a person to deliver them from the hands of the Roman soldiers and Jesus wasn't the political activist for the job. Jesus himself maintained that God's Kingdom is no part of this satanic world! John 18:36
That's why he didn't try to overturn the ruling governments at that time. John 6:15

This makes sense because when the last Davidic king was cut off, God said he would establish his Kingdom in heaven to rule over earth so that there wouldn't be any need for human rulership! Isaiah 9:6,7, 11:2,10, Daniel 2:44, 7:13,14, Ezekiel 21:27, Amos 9:11
Read that verse Isaiah 42 and tell what it meant by kedar and Sela. Was it Jesus who wrote book of mathew
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by DappaD: 11:12am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
Read that verse Isaiah 42 and tell what it meant by kedar and Sela. Was it Jesus who wrote book of mathew

You yourself don't even know what is meant by those scriptures!
Mind you, the book of Isaiah was written by one man some 2700years ago and it wasn't written in isolation. It is meant to carry one message/theme throughout.
That you're now mentioning a location Kedar is of no relevance to anybody. But I see that's what your religious leaders have hinged on so as to further confuse you but you'll never see that they were wrong all along since they can't explain in great detail like I did.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 11:16am On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

You yourself don't even know what is meant by those scriptures!
Mind you, the book of Isaiah was written by one man some 2700years ago and it wasn't written in isolation. It is meant to carry one message/theme throughout.
That you're now mentioning a location Kedar is of no relevance to anybody. But I see that's what your religious leaders have hinged on so as to further confuse you but you'll never see that they were wrong all along since they can't explain in great detail like I did.
Kedar and Sela are both in Arab. In fact Kedar was one of ishmaels sons which make Muhammad a descendant. You Christians changed all prophecies in the Old Testament to be only for Jesus.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by DappaD: 11:18am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:

Was it Jesus who wrote book of mathew

The book of Matthew was written by a faithful apostle of Jesus – Matthew, a former tax collector. Being an apostle of Jesus, he closely examined the Jesus' way of life and style of teachings. He knew that he was the Son of Jehovah God that was sent to the earth! Thus, he recorded Peter's words at Matthew 16:16

Thus, he was inspired by God's holy spirit to put down records/deeds of Jesus into writing. (2Timothy 3:16, 2Peter 1:20,21)
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by DappaD: 11:21am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:

You Christians changed all prophecies in the Old Testament to be only for Jesus .

That's what your brother Lululuku69 claimed as well.
But even if you say the OT was ‘altered’ , that won't stop you from quoting from the said ‘altered’ Scriptures to prove your faulty point.
You people are fond of this cherry picking attitude no be today undecided

1 Like

Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

But even if you say the OT was ‘altered’ , that won't stop you from quoting from the said ‘altered’ Scriptures to prove your faulty point.
The thing it is very obvious
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by sagenaija: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
All I posted here was by my initiative and my words I only copied from Bible and Quran. I posted it earlier they broke the convenant
You are either a clown or ............

Please clearly answer my questions again:

When and how did the land promised Abraham forever change to Arabia?
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by DappaD: 11:26am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
The thing it is very obvious

OK!
So if the scribes or Christians ‘changed’ it to fit their Jesus like you said, why are you still quoting from it? undecided
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 11:27am On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

The thing is it is very obvious. Jesus had nothing to do with Kedar and sela.
The truth is a prophet is supposed to come who is not Elijah, nor messiah.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by DappaD: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
The thing is it is very obvious. Jesus had nothing to do with Kedar and sela.

The same manner your Mohammed/Kedar/Allah gods have nothing to do with the prophecies laid out in the Bible. Get my drift? wink
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by sagenaija: 11:32am On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

This is exactly what i pointed out and the OP has not been able to respond to.
Why claim that a book is corrupted and still run to that book to validate something. It just does not make sense. Yet one finds them doing that over and over again. It's like saying "Let me use your corrupted book to prove that my religion is the right one!" And it doesn't even occur to them that that is a faulty reasoning. How many of them will agree for us to use 'weak' or 'fabricated' hadiths to even prove a point to them in Islam.
Yet that is exactly what they are doing here and they think it is exciting doing it.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by haekymbahd(m): 11:38am On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

The same manner your Mohammed/Kedar/Allah gods have nothing to do with the prophecies laid out in the Bible. Get my drift? wink
The truth is Jesus also confirmed the coming of the spirit of truth(Gabriel) who will guide man to all truth and will not speak of himself.

The Holy Spirit Christians believe Jesus was talking about was already in existence at the time cos the disciples we're already casting out demons and performing miracles during the time of Jesus how is that possible without present of holy spirit. Jesus said if he doesn't leave the comforter won't come. Now that the Holy Spirit is God how is it not speaking of himself.
Re: Prophecy Of The Coming Of Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) from the Bible and Quran by DappaD: 11:39am On Aug 13, 2020
sagenaija:

This is exactly what i pointed out and the OP has not been able to respond to.
Why claim that a book is corrupted and still run to that book to validate something. It just does not make sense. Yet one finds them doing that over and over again. It's like saying "Let me use your corrupted book to prove that my religion is the right one!" And it doesn't even occur to them that that is a faulty reasoning. How many of them will agree for us to use 'weak' or 'fabricated' hadiths to even prove a point to them in Islam.
Yet that is exactly what they are doing here and they think it is exciting doing it.
Imagine OP quoting the same Isaiah 42 that he tagged along with the rest of the Scriptures as being ‘altered’ or ‘changed’. Just because he has refused to see reason.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

As A Christian, Is It A Sin To Appease The Idol Of Ur Father's House? / War Against Haman-17 / 15 Biblical Ways To Get A Wifey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.