Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:35 PM

Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? (75280 Views)

Scammed By A Lady. Any Chance Of Getting My Money Back? / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Am Tired Of Incessant Sex? / How Do I Tell My Neighbour She Has Staph? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2020
Tell him. That yahoo boy don chop enough.
It's sad that the man is even going out of his way to please someone he's never met. All in the name of love.
If you're desperate for something, you'll probably get scammed
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by jrobbins: 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2020
Georgekyrian:

Bro please is not your business like you said already, as you're working now dey earn living, na so the Girlee is working the Oyibo and earning her living. Get away to be far from the Oyibo Nigga. From the way you speak I already comprehend you're not one of those Momma-kid to get visa to US, you know as the suffering goes. Not all Yahoo people ravish money, some uses it to train theirselves to become better and big dream, to help the poor family, to build a big dream and probably leave Yahoo someday. Please you can get a way to advise the Oyibo maybe to stop paying the so called GF, but don't go straight in telling him that is a scammer from Nigeria, just twist his brain and let him be.

How I wish hustling armed robberS could visit you and paralyse your leg with a gun shot. Then you would realise there are honorable hustles.

5 Likes

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by EmmyGeneral(m): 3:43pm On Aug 13, 2020
Here is another interesting show from #PraxisStudios.

Watch till the end, don't forget to subscribe to this channel to get more entertaining gists as this one.
#PRAXISTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-7i6xufZs
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:
Lefulefu come put mouth for the mata o.

This is your guy pdudd. They banned my other account for fighting. This is my old account which I resurrected.
We already know you're the one cheesy
But this is an old accounts
You're supposed to make use of this in the first place
You self don old for NL O cheesy
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

We already know you're the one cheesy
But this is an old accounts
You're supposed to make use of this in the first place
You self don old for NL O cheesy

I was in Nairaland right from it's inception. I don old o
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by FanOfMyself: 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2020
Chii59:

People like you give us a very bad reputation. Mtchew
Lepka like you! To hell with you and your family's reputation if you have any. Y'all think you can judge others while y'all are worse. Some of you are condemning it because you don't have the opportunity or haven't found any one that finds you interesting.
I wonder who will find a chewing stick like you interesting. Fish bone!!
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2020
FanOfMyself:

Lepka like you! To hell with you and your family's reputation if you have any. Y'all think you can judge others while y'all are worse. Some of you are condemning it because you don't have the opportunity or haven't found any one that finds you interesting.
I wonder who will find a chewing stick like you interesting. Fish bone!!
Yada yada. You done?
Scammer!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by FanOfMyself: 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2020
Chii59:

Yada yada. You done?
Scammer!
Don't mention me again, you will be ignored. You are quick to judge others and condem such a wonderful person. People like you are more wicked in reality.
I vividly remember what you said about me on the other thread and I wonder how you could have such a negative opinion of someone just like that. I hate people like you.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Krak(m): 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

I think I will. I even asked him if it was Ebola but he said it wasn't and mentioned West Nile virus. Me I don't know if West Nile virus occured in Nigeria earlier this year so I just kept mute and decided to find out.

The guy is so much in love and part of me feels that this will break his heart and lead him to do something drastic. It's so troubling to me and a part of me just wants to waka far and act like it's not my business but another part is burning with anger at the scammers

Lassa fever was killing people before the Covid Pandemic. But it was not prevalent in any way. I think you should save the Oyibo guy from further scamming.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Jack14(m): 5:36pm On Aug 13, 2020
See format grin
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by NaBanga: 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182

Take it from me and leave the matter to the white man. If you get involved, you will have this turned upside down on your head. I have been in this situation and thought I was doing a good deed. I couldn't believe what happened when the person turned me into their enemy of progress. This has actually happened to me twice. I no longer get involved in trying to help people who are being deceived.

Oyinbo people are very lonely souls. These Yahoo guys are giving them what they are missing. Deep down, its due to their selfishness and greed. Surely there are plenty of women nearby who will give the guy a chance, but he does not want them. He wants something better than what he is and what he can offer. The Yahoo guys paint a fantasy than cannot be matched by reality.

Once you tell your patient, he is being tricked, he will liken it to you calling him a fool. He may also feel you don't want him to date women from your country. No matter what you say, something will tell him that you are the liar and not the Yahoo guy. When such people get angry, just be patient for trouble in your life. He can report you for being unprofessional. He could be devious and call the medical board. You may be asking yourself why he would go that far. The reason is that people who reason like the mumu, have to prove they are not at fault. I notice such people tend to have some underlying narcissistic traits. They will do anything to prove you are the problem, so as not to break their fantasy.

My advice is to avoid getting involved. You don't know for a fact that the man is being deceived. You also don't know if he needs that internet companionship to keep him going every day. As the saying goes, "no good deed goes unpunished". I say your village people are calling you.

11 Likes

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
NaBanga:
ALEX182

Take it from me and leave the matter to the white man. If you get involved, you will have this turned upside down on your head. I have been in this situation and thought I was doing a good deed. I couldn't believe what happened when the person turned me into their enemy of progress. This has actually happened to me twice. I no longer get involved in trying to help people who are being deceived.

Oyinbo people are very lonely souls. These Yahoo guys are giving them what they are missing. Deep down, its due to their selfishness and greed. Surely there are plenty of women nearby who will give the guy a chance, but he does not want them. He wants something better than what he is and what he can offer. The Yahoo guys paint a fantasy than cannot be matched by reality.

Once you tell your patient, he is being tricked, he will liken it to you calling him a fool. He may also feel you don't want him to date women from your country. No matter what you say, something will tell him that you are the liar and not the Yahoo guy. When such people get angry, just be patient for trouble in your life. He can report you for being unprofessional. He could be devious and call the medical board. You may be asking yourself why he would go that far. The reason is that people who reason like the mumu, have to prove they are not at fault. I notice such people tend to have some underlying narcissistic traits. They will do anything to prove you are the problem, so as not to break their fantasy.

My advice is to avoid getting involved. You don't know for a fact that the man is being deceived. You also don't know if he needs that internet companionship to keep him going every day. As the saying goes, "no good deed goes unpunished". I say your village people are calling you.

That's my fear.

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by kiddkash(m): 8:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
O boy. see billing
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by AscentSolutions: 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:
So I have this American patient who I recently came across. He's a fat dude who is like in his late 40s but has a very jolly and likeable character. I introduced myself and we got talking afterwards.

After a while of chitchat, he asked me where I was from. I told him to take a guess and he said said, you sound like you're Nigerian. I told him (regrettably) that I was Nigerian. He started smiling and told me that he had a Nigerian girlfriend and that we both had similar accents.

He then started telling me recent occurrences that had befallen his girlfriend in Nigeria. He said the lastest story was that she was in Abuja and as she was on her way to the airport in a taxi, the taxi had an accident and she was seriously injured and had to be rushed to the hospital. He said that the hospital demanded money before treatment started and he had to hustle about $4000 and send to her in order for treatment to start.

He said that after a week of her being in the hospital, they wanted to discharge her despite her still being in pain. Because she had exhausted all the $4000 on treatment, he said the hospital had threatened to discharge her on the streets and he was trying to borrow more money to see if he could send it to her so they could continue with her treatments.

He furthermore told me that the girlfriend said that she was a Nigerian American citizen who was currently stuck in Nigeria due to her passport having expired and also due to Covid lockdown at airports in Nigeria. He said she had asked him for $300 to renew her US passport from American embassy in Nigeria.

Another thing that he told me was that just before covid struck, there was a similar pandemic which happened in Nigeria early this year and that his girlfriend had contracted the disease and he had to send her $2000 for treatment. Right now he said he's broke but is waiting for like $2000 disability check from the US government next week which he will send to her as soon as the money clears.

As he was telling me this tale, I was so angry with Nigerians and how they take advantage of people in love to scam them. I wanted to swear for the scammers angry

I'm at a dilemma here. Do I tell him that he's being scammed by Nigerians or do I continue to be professional and just ignore it. Because I don't want him to think I'm involved with it because these oyinbo people can turn everything on your head and accuse you that is your people in conjunction with you that are scamming him. They are that crazy.

The good part of me wants to help him but I'm hesitant that it may turn out bad for me. Please matured responses.

Is that even a question? Ofcourse tell him! Don’t cover up crime
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by xynerise: 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
Yes, tell him.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by freeman67: 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:
So I have this American patient who I recently came across. He's a fat dude who is like in his late 40s but has a very jolly and likeable character. I introduced myself and we got talking afterwards.

After a while of chitchat, he asked me where I was from. I told him to take a guess and he said said, you sound like you're Nigerian. I told him (regrettably) that I was Nigerian. He started smiling and told me that he had a Nigerian girlfriend and that we both had similar accents.

He then started telling me recent occurrences that had befallen his girlfriend in Nigeria. He said the lastest story was that she was in Abuja and as she was on her way to the airport in a taxi, the taxi had an accident and she was seriously injured and had to be rushed to the hospital. He said that the hospital demanded money before treatment started and he had to hustle about $4000 and send to her in order for treatment to start.

He said that after a week of her being in the hospital, they wanted to discharge her despite her still being in pain. Because she had exhausted all the $4000 on treatment, he said the hospital had threatened to discharge her on the streets and he was trying to borrow more money to see if he could send it to her so they could continue with her treatments.

He furthermore told me that the girlfriend said that she was a Nigerian American citizen who was currently stuck in Nigeria due to her passport having expired and also due to Covid lockdown at airports in Nigeria. He said she had asked him for $300 to renew her US passport from American embassy in Nigeria.

Another thing that he told me was that just before covid struck, there was a similar pandemic which happened in Nigeria early this year and that his girlfriend had contracted the disease and he had to send her $2000 for treatment. Right now he said he's broke but is waiting for like $2000 disability check from the US government next week which he will send to her as soon as the money clears.

As he was telling me this tale, I was so angry with Nigerians and how they take advantage of people in love to scam them. I wanted to swear for the scammers angry

I'm at a dilemma here. Do I tell him that he's being scammed by Nigerians or do I continue to be professional and just ignore it. Because I don't want him to think I'm involved with it because these oyinbo people can turn everything on your head and accuse you that is your people in conjunction with you that are scamming him. They are that crazy.

The good part of me wants to help him but I'm hesitant that it may turn out bad for me. Please matured responses.

What are you still waiting for. God will bless you for burning that kind of cable. Please let your knowing him count by freeing from that bondage and if possible reconnect him to a real Nigerian woman.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by SexytorresE(f): 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
Even this ur post is a scope cheesy inside life
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by oludaniels777: 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
YOU NEED TO TELL HIM .HE IS DISABLE AND SENDING MONEY TO SCAMMERS.IF YOU DONT TELL HIM SO THAT THIS MAY STOP, POSTERITY WILL NOT BE KIND TO YOU.TELL HIM NOW!
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by stayclearofme: 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
Why did you used the word "regrettably" while telling him that you a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by RPG2020(m): 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

Thank you my sista. Some people can't really comprehend English Language. cry

Person wey go school and person wey enter school nor be the same
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Nigerialagos: 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

Fake story, you don’t need to come to a public forum before you decide and mind the business that pays you.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by SenecaTheYonger: 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2020
He probably already knows that she's a scammer, but he's living in denial.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Deborah98(f): 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2020
Do you have proofs that the gal wants to scam him, don't go and disgrace us, just mind your business the truth will reveal itself on a funny day,yeah funny when both don't expect it to, remain professional and mind your business, don't say am a gal or a Nigerian and trying to be covering up for someone,no it's far from it okay.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Odion2016(m): 10:14pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

No need to tell him..he has been jazzed..Just forget it..
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by simplepee(f): 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
Tell him
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by freeborn02: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
undecided undecided fake Tori.U can only deceive the dumb pipu with diz Ur Arabian tales..Show us Ur chat/convo.

And who told you every chat happens on social media?

Can't people have face to face chats?
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by InSanety: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
I'm really concerned, that you would come to a Nigerian forum and say you told someone you were Nigerian (regrettably)

It is pitiful that you would use such a term. I hope your citizenship papers come through in the US soon enough, so, that you can be proudly American, instead of regrettably Nigerian.

As regards your patient, you need to navigate a way to broach the subject to begin with. The problem with people who are getting scammed, is that they are often too stubborn to read between the lines.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Jlah: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182 please send him this link if you are worried he will think you are involved or just ask him to google romance scam. poor man is already broke. he is going to be in debt before you know it. please do something
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by fregmath: 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
HELP THE POOR MAN. REPORT THE SCAM TO THE POLICE AND HAVE SOMEONE SPEAK HIM OUT OF THAT MADNESS..

Maybe that is the reason FATE crossed your path.

Help the Man before he thinks you are evil as well.

ALEX182:

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

Tell him that he's being scammed.

This same pple took advantage of us as well in the past and they are still doing so till today, that's why sometimes I lose sympathy for them.

But do the right thing, tell him n den convince him that he's being duped.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Instagram Lady With Massive Curves And Hips Causes Commotion Online (Photos) / Side Chick Escapes Through Window After Lover’s Wife Came Knocking / TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.