Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? (75383 Views)

Scammed By A Lady. Any Chance Of Getting My Money Back? / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Am Tired Of Incessant Sex? / How Do I Tell My Neighbour She Has Staph? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by adanny01(m): 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

I think I will. I even asked him if it was Ebola but he said it wasn't and mentioned West Nile virus. Me I don't know if West Nile virus occured in Nigeria earlier this year so I just kept mute and decided to find out.

The guy is so much in love and part of me feels that this will break his heart and lead him to do something drastic. It's so troubling to me and a part of me just wants to waka far and act like it's not my business but another part is burning with anger at the scammers

Tell him, "if i were you, i would not be sending money to a girl i have not met".

If you can, record your conversation as a simple advice to someone you think is being scammed.

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Buksaylor: 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2020
I suspect you're part of it because if you're not ,you would have told him on day one!

ALEX182:
So I have this American patient who I recently came across. He's a fat dude who is like in his late 40s but has a very jolly and likeable character. I introduced myself and we got talking afterwards.

After a while of chitchat, he asked me where I was from. I told him to take a guess and he said said, you sound like you're Nigerian. I told him (regrettably) that I was Nigerian. He started smiling and told me that he had a Nigerian girlfriend and that we both had similar accents.

He then started telling me recent occurrences that had befallen his girlfriend in Nigeria. He said the lastest story was that she was in Abuja and as she was on her way to the airport in a taxi, the taxi had an accident and she was seriously injured and had to be rushed to the hospital. He said that the hospital demanded money before treatment started and he had to hustle about $4000 and send to her in order for treatment to start.

He said that after a week of her being in the hospital, they wanted to discharge her despite her still being in pain. Because she had exhausted all the $4000 on treatment, he said the hospital had threatened to discharge her on the streets and he was trying to borrow more money to see if he could send it to her so they could continue with her treatments.

He furthermore told me that the girlfriend said that she was a Nigerian American citizen who was currently stuck in Nigeria due to her passport having expired and also due to Covid lockdown at airports in Nigeria. He said she had asked him for $300 to renew her US passport from American embassy in Nigeria.

Another thing that he told me was that just before covid struck, there was a similar pandemic which happened in Nigeria early this year and that his girlfriend had contracted the disease and he had to send her $2000 for treatment. Right now he said he's broke but is waiting for like $2000 disability check from the US government next week which he will send to her as soon as the money clears.

As he was telling me this tale, I was so angry with Nigerians and how they take advantage of people in love to scam them. I wanted to swear for the scammers angry

I'm at a dilemma here. Do I tell him that he's being scammed by Nigerians or do I continue to be professional and just ignore it. Because I don't want him to think I'm involved with it because these oyinbo people can turn everything on your head and accuse you that is your people in conjunction with you that are scamming him. They are that crazy.

The good part of me wants to help him but I'm hesitant that it may turn out bad for me. Please matured responses.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Dreyton36: 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2020
Try get the Nigerian scammer number , then you chat am say if he no want make you spoil he work make he they share the money with you 50/50
Make nobody quote me ooo I don smoke Marley kush
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by sweettease(f): 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

That's my fear.
I have been scared for a patient like this also, his own was a Ugandan girlfriend, I wanted to tell him to be careful but I couldn't cause he didnt tell me anything about sending her money or things like this. The evidence is overwhelming, saying something or not, you'll eventually be the enemy now that you know cause when it blows, he will feel the other Nigerian knew and didnt say. Just talk to another oyibo above you to get advice. If you're a nurse, try talking to your charge or nurse Manager and let the issue become their problem whatever they decide to do.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Gabriel99: 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

I think I will. I even asked him if it was Ebola but he said it wasn't and mentioned West Nile virus. Me I don't know if West Nile virus occured in Nigeria earlier this year so I just kept mute and decided to find out.

The guy is so much in love and part of me feels that this will break his heart and lead him to do something drastic. It's so troubling to me and a part of me just wants to waka far and act like it's not my business but another part is burning with anger at the scammers

I perceive God wants him saved from the hands of that scammer of an evil girl, that was probably why He made you to see him today, help him but wisely. For goodness sake his borrowing money.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Sleekfingers: 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
PrecisionFx:

If everybody for ur family na criminal, I no go argue am wit u

Just leave others out, we are not all criminals

did u read what he wrote? Or u dont understand ......he made a valid point....
Of course not all nigerians are fraudsters etc......but the rate is way too high....if i am to rate....i would say 99%
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

I said, matured mature responses. This happened this afternoon at work bruh. It is really troubling me and that's why I asked for advice. I don't have time for fake tales. Ok.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by hopexter(m): 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
Ategberoson:
imagine over $6,000 sent already

exchange rate 384×6000= 2304000

before you know it Voom! dem don buy SUV, Benz and other car, going to clubs, sleeping in hotel, carrying olosho

Na another person money you dey calculate so oo Mr. Accountant grin grin

Abeg help me whistle the busy body Nigerian nurse make she no cast dat guy man client. If she dey Naija she go do worst undecided angry
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Softhands(m): 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
It is foolishness to keep quiet... Even if you will loose his friendship, you have successfully cleared your conscience.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by overboard(m): 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:
So I have this American patient who I recently came across. He's a fat dude who is like in his late 40s but has a very jolly and likeable character. I introduced myself and we got talking afterwards.

After a while of chitchat, he asked me where I was from. I told him to take a guess and he said said, you sound like you're Nigerian. I told him (regrettably) that I was Nigerian. He started smiling and told me that he had a Nigerian girlfriend and that we both had similar accents.

He then started telling me recent occurrences that had befallen his girlfriend in Nigeria. He said the lastest story was that she was in Abuja and as she was on her way to the airport in a taxi, the taxi had an accident and she was seriously injured and had to be rushed to the hospital. He said that the hospital demanded money before treatment started and he had to hustle about $4000 and send to her in order for treatment to start.

He said that after a week of her being in the hospital, they wanted to discharge her despite her still being in pain. Because she had exhausted all the $4000 on treatment, he said the hospital had threatened to discharge her on the streets and he was trying to borrow more money to see if he could send it to her so they could continue with her treatments.

He furthermore told me that the girlfriend said that she was a Nigerian American citizen who was currently stuck in Nigeria due to her passport having expired and also due to Covid lockdown at airports in Nigeria. He said she had asked him for $300 to renew her US passport from American embassy in Nigeria.

Another thing that he told me was that just before covid struck, there was a similar pandemic which happened in Nigeria early this year and that his girlfriend had contracted the disease and he had to send her $2000 for treatment. Right now he said he's broke but is waiting for like $2000 disability check from the US government next week which he will send to her as soon as the money clears.

As he was telling me this tale, I was so angry with Nigerians and how they take advantage of people in love to scam them. I wanted to swear for the scammers angry

I'm at a dilemma here. Do I tell him that he's being scammed by Nigerians or do I continue to be professional and just ignore it. Because I don't want him to think I'm involved with it because these oyinbo people can turn everything on your head and accuse you that is your people in conjunction with you that are scamming him. They are that crazy.

The good part of me wants to help him but I'm hesitant that it may turn out bad for me. Please matured responses.

Please tell him now.

Did so today to a perpetual victim who always falls prey to Facebook scammers..
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by akpur1(m): 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2020
Don’t tell him, let him be. Allow him to enjoy his found romance. All this people saying tell him will do worse than that person saying it, who never aim make e cast the first stone. No tear person work hunger dey this country grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Cool story bro. These stories only exist in liesville cuckoo land
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Herlleymann: 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Pls tell him. Love could be addictive for some people. He may go ahead and sell all he has all because of some useless scammers.

Then by telling him, you ve also done what a good man should do.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by udy4luv88(m): 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Follow Ur Mind Dear.. If I Were U, I Will Let Him Know Dat He Is Scammed. God Help Our Nation(NIGERIA).
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by abbey621(m): 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
onoja12:
If you are regratably a Nigerian,then you are not Nigerian but rather a slave minded individual,a white ass licker,now let me ask you questions,while there mulitilatral and big companies are here scaming Nigeria do you show same petty for the Nigerians,the answer is ovious,the sickness of a black mind is deep they help everybody but themselves,save everybody but themselves,worship everybody but themselves believe in everybody but themselves my advice to you tell him if you want to but to come here to speak nagative of the Nigerian ideninty because of your slave mindedness is stupidity.

Don't be ridiculous! Unlesss you've lived in another person's shoes, you can't tell them how to live their life! Some people have no reason whatsoever to be proud of Nigeria, just like we have many Americans over here that are ashamed of being called American. Furthermore, what has big companies got to do with this discussion? Are you trying to justify reasons for whites being scammed? Perhaps you meant these companies are taking Nigerian resources, if this is the case you've got no one to blame but your useless government and your fellow citizens who vote for them!

Let's respect the rights of others to have their own beliefs without labeling them slaves or stupid.....You're an adult, behave like one!

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by NaijaDonCast(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
DICKstractor:
Tell him o... I'm already feeling pity for tje guy...

That his Nigeria girlfriend fit be Slawomir, dammn nigga guy
this is defamation bro stop it
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by oscarmarley(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
07085086527 [whatsapp am a student hustling dm for ur artworks

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by mdchikezie(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

SO YOU MUST TELL HIM ITS A NIGERIAN,
YOU CAN'T TELL HIM THAT HE'S BEEN SCAMMED BY SCAMMERS
ARE NIGERIANS THE ONLY ONES SCAMMING
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Eddygre8(m): 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
Please save the dude the stress. Tell him
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Davies1: 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
Pls tell the white guy to always ask for more evidence before sending money or probably do a video call....maybe with that he will deduced from your advice that he's being scrammed without u telling him outrightly.

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
Olude193:

Loool

A patient is a patient

A patient who is an American, he has to specify
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by babadee1(m): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

You don't have to say much, just simply tell him never to send money to his Nigerian girlfriend no matter what. He will understand.
By the way, he will find out eventually anyway. But if you tell him then he'll know that not all of us Nigerians are dishonest.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by ahiboilandgas: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

Please do systemically....tell him a story how u where scam by a guy posing as a lady in Nigeria and why online dating is been discourage by the Nigeria gov't

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by SmartPolician: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
Slawomir and his crew are killing the future of this country

Our kids that will live in this country in the near future will suffer more than we ever did
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by 1Dray(m): 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
undecided undecided fake Tori.U can only deceive the dumb pipu with diz Ur Arabian tales..Show us Ur chat/convo.

You are so annoying. Get off NL already.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Capeverde: 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

I hope am not late in responding to your enquiries.
Please be professional in this case it won't make you a sinner if you just ignores his girlfriend gist.
If he asks you questions be formal and give him sincere anwser.
Like the outbreak before the pandemic,say you didn't hear of such.with all your sincere anwser, he will be getting the signal.
The only way you can feel guilty is when he asks you if he's been scammed and you hid it knowing fully well the truth.
Just be formal,the patient has not asked yet neither as he seek for the truth,he is in illusions and you planning to cut it off, just be ready for the consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by cococandy(f): 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2020
OP you know how hard it is for that guy to hustle for the money he’s sending to the person in naija. Especially as someone on disability.
please tell him.

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Yankee101: 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2020
Tell him
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by DisLifeSha: 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2020
There's never been a virus called West Nile in Nigeria
ALEX182:

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2020
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Lexusgs430: 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2020
ALEX182:

Why not start by initiating financial safeguarding procedures?

Then slowly get enough material to throw at him?....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Am I Too Ugly Not Too Have A Girlfriend / Lady Works Out On A Man's Face At The Gym. See Reactions (Photos) / Nigerian Slay Queens Vs Kenyan Slay Queens: Kenyan Slayers Learn From Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.