Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,145 members, 7,780,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:23 AM

A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 (780 Views)

John 10:16 Obedience / Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/10/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 13, 2020
10 Now the son of an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father went out among the Israelites, and a fight broke out in the camp between him and an Israelite.

:- 11 The son of the Israelite woman blasphemed the Name with a curse; so they brought him to Moses. (His mother’s name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri the Danite.)

12 They put him in custody until the will of the Lord should be made clear to them.

13 Then the Lord said to Moses:

14 “Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him.

15 Say to the Israelites: ‘Anyone who curses their God will be held responsible;

16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.

1 Like

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Hezzyluv: 7:05am On Aug 13, 2020
That was then, During the time of Moses (law).

When Jesus came came, it stoped.

1 Like

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 13, 2020
More from the bible

17 “‘Anyone who takes the life of a human being is to be put to death. 18 Anyone who takes the life of someone’s animal must make restitution—life for life.

19 Anyone who injures their neighbor is to be injured in the same manner: 20 fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. The one who has inflicted the injury must suffer the same injury.

21 Whoever kills an animal must make restitution, but whoever kills a human being is to be put to death.

22 You are to have the same law for the foreigner and the native-born. I am the Lord your God.’”

23 Then Moses spoke to the Israelites, and they took the blasphemer outside the camp and stoned him. The Israelites did as the Lord commanded Moses.

1 Like

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 13, 2020
Hezzyluv:
That was then
I don't understand you...

You mean those bible verses are not relevant again?

6 Likes

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by irvene: 7:09am On Aug 13, 2020
this is past mystery
Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Hezzyluv: 7:10am On Aug 13, 2020
Simplesoul87:

Before the new testament came to amend it. I.e dispensation of grace.
Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 13, 2020
irvene:
this is past mystery

Check your New Testament bible before condemning that verses to be past mystery...

1 Like

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 13, 2020
Hezzyluv:

Before the new testament came to amend it. I.e dispensation of grace.

After the Demise of Jesus? (May The peace of Allah be with him).

I have a question for you sir!

Does The Jesus May The peace of Allah be with him has any knowledge of this New Testament Bible?
Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 13, 2020
It amazes me christians try to edit the Bible to what favours them. This was a law passed to man by God himself and it is written in the Bible,don't just pass it and say it's in the old testament.

The new testament talks about and unforgiving sin, which is blasphemy of the spirit (holy). If truly it was abolished why is there a punishment again? See the things that appear are made from things that do not appear. Don't be carried away,the lord fights it's battle Himself,never think the lord don't know what he is doing or even what he has done.

For every action there is a repercussion,you sin there is a system automatically that punish you,the mercy of God helps us to access him,and gives us a clean sheet to start on again.

Jesus Christ said he never came to abolish any law,but he has come to fulfill it. So saying it was in the past and all that let's becareful, the old is still a template for us to work in the new.

That you are driving an automatic car does not make a manual car irrelevant.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Mdmelijah: 7:28am On Aug 13, 2020
Blasphemy against God, has always been punishable by death. Even Jesus says a sin against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by petra1(m): 7:30am On Aug 13, 2020
Simplesoul87:

After the Demise of Jesus? (May The peace of Allah be with him).

I have a question for you sir!

Does The Jesus May The peace of Allah be with him has any knowledge of this New Testament Bible?

Yes, he himself put end to the law of Moses . The law of moses is not for Christians .
Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by GuestLog: 7:33am On Aug 13, 2020
Simplesoul87:

The law was meant for man, not man for the law.

The grace of God has been established on Earth since the coming of Christ. It means God will not met out instant justice but you have grace to amend your ways.

Back in the time of Moses, the ark of covenant was hosting the presence of God's living promises to the Israelites (His words are power & they are life Hebrews 4:12). It means his chosen people should be holy and reverence the Almighty.

During the crucification of Christ, the moment of his death tore the temple curtain which seperated the holy of holies from the rest of the temple. The presence of God has left the covenant box and now in the hearts of men (psalm 119:11). The grace to return to God after blasphemy is available except for grieving his Holy Spirit.
Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Mobi47(m): 7:40am On Aug 13, 2020
Simplesoul87:

yes some parts of the old testament is not relevant to our today's Christian life. When Jesus Christ came, all those things stopped because Jesus preached love. Even when they wanted to stone a woman to death, Jesus stopped them from doing that. The problem with the Quran is that, u guys doesn't have anything like new testament you follow the old books. But again the Muslim believes that Jesus Christ is a prophet and they see him as a prophet. Now if u believe that Jesus is your prophet, why not follow what he preaches? If not for the new testament, we Christians might be following most of those eye for an eye treatment in the old testament.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 13, 2020
Mobi47:
yes some parts of the old testament is not relevant to our today's Christian life. When Jesus Christ came, all those things stopped because Jesus preached love. Even when they wanted to stone a woman to death, Jesus stopped them from doing that. The problem with the Quran is that, u guys doesn't have anything like new testament you follow the old books. But again the Muslim believes that Jesus Christ is a prophet and they see him as a prophet. Now if u believe that Jesus is your prophet, why not follow what he preaches? If not for the new testament, we Christians might be following most of those eye for an eye treatment in the old testament.

We don't have New Testament because Our God never makes mistakes..... The true definition of one and only God

1 Like

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Mobi47(m): 9:31am On Aug 13, 2020
Simplesoul87:

We don't have New Testament because Our God never makes mistakes..... The true definition of one and only God
You see Jesus as A Messiah in the Quran, you believe in his words and teachings as a prophet, you believe he ascended to heaven and is coming back again to redeem the world now I ask u a simple question. WHY NOT FOLLOW THE FOOTSTEPS AND PREACHING OF THAT SAME JESUS YOU BELIEVE IN? This is what Christianity is all about. We are called Christians cos we are the followers of Christ... so think deep my brother...you have a prophet and a messiah but u don't follow him or follow the love he preaches about.

1 Like

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by kingxsamz(m): 10:07am On Aug 13, 2020
Hezzyluv:
That was then, During the time of Moses (law).

When Jesus came came, it stoped.

Oh, but you still obey laws from during the time of Moses. Cherry picking? Clowns.
Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by kingxsamz(m): 10:10am On Aug 13, 2020
Mobi47:

So your god changed?

1 Like

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by CAPSLOCKED: 10:25am On Aug 13, 2020
Mobi47:
yes some parts of the old testament is not relevant to our today's Christian life.

SOME PARTS?
SO WHAT ARE THE PREREQUISITES TO WEED OUT THE PARTS THAT DON'T CUT IN?

2 Likes

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by delkuf(m): 11:08am On Aug 13, 2020
Simplesoul87:

Yeah they are not relevant in some sense. This was what happened, when Adam and Eve sinned, we lost the grace of God. Every thing was with a law. And like every other law, you go against you pay the price. But when the Lord Jesus Christ came died and ressurected for our sins, that grace of God was restore back. Now everyone that believes in the Lord Jesus Christ live by grace and not the law. That is why this days atheist talk to God and nothing happen. Why Islam is till backward is because they are still living under the law. Don't just read something and pretend you know it.
Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by delkuf(m): 11:14am On Aug 13, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

SOME PARTS?
SO WHAT ARE THE PREREQUISITES TO WEED OUT THE PARTS THAT DON'T CUT IN?
The prerequisites is those part that deals with the law. For God to be able to checkmate the children of Israel, he gave them a law. with this law whenever they disobey, there is punishment like every other law. But when the Lord Jesus Christ came and died for our sins, that law was disannuled. So we that believe in the Lord Jesus Christ no longer live under the law. I don't think will understand this

2 Likes

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by kingxsamz(m): 11:42am On Aug 13, 2020
delkuf:
The prerequisites is those part that deals with the law. For God to be able to checkmate the children of Israel, he gave them a law. with this law whenever they disobey, there is punishment like every other law. But when the Lord Jesus Christ came and died for our sins, that law was disannuled. So we that believe in the Lord Jesus Christ no longer live under the law. I don't think will understand this

Lol, you people are funny.
So God sent his son to die for him so that he can abolish the law he himself created.
Abeg. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by OtemAtum: 11:50am On Aug 13, 2020
See what Jehovah(Mosheh) did in his lifetime. Death sentence for making fun of him. Now people's eyes are opening. Jehovah and his 'holy spirit' are in trouble in our generation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by OtemAtum: 11:52am On Aug 13, 2020
kingxsamz:

So God sent his son to die for him so that he can abolish the law he himself created.
Abeg. grin
One of them even said that fictitious Jesus came to amend the law. That means that the law of their god is not perfect. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by delkuf(m): 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
kingxsamz:

Abeg. grin
You have comprehension problem. Where did I mention that Jesus died for God. if you want to criticize, please do it with your brain. the Lord Jesus Christ died your sins and mine sins. He knows that you will be doing what you are presently doing, so he died on the cross over 2000 years ago so that you will not perish in your sin. please give your life to Jesus. he loves you

2 Likes

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by kingxsamz(m): 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
delkuf:
You have comprehension problem. Where did I mention that Jesus died for God. if you want to criticize, please do it with your brain. the Lord Jesus Christ died your sins and mine sins. He knows that you will be doing what you are presently doing, so he died on the cross over 2000 years ago so that you will not perish in your sin. please give your life to Jesus. he loves you

Okay, so God sent his son to die for us, so as to prevent us from the punishment God has already prepared?
grin Abeg.
Besides, I can't give my life to him. Wtf does he have to offer me? Let me guess, some imaginary kingdom in the sky, where I have to serve and worship his sky daddy for eternity like a robot?
Even those who are serving him here on earth can't even boast of a healthy, comfortable and happy life, instead, they spend their entire day praying and crying to this same sky daddy for help, while he watches and listens to the suffering of innocent folks. enriching the pockets of the so called men of God.
Please no, I don't want. grin I prefer the Muslim heaven where 72 virgins are already waiting for me. Carry your Jesus elsewhere.

4 Likes

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by kingxsamz(m): 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2020
OtemAtum:
One of them even said that fictitious Jesus came to ammend the law. That means that the law of their god is not perfect. grin

I wonder o...
A god who never makes mistakes, who never changes, suddenly wants to amend laws that he made.
grin

2 Likes

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by delkuf(m): 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
kingxsamz:

Okay, so God sent his son to die for us, so as to prevent us from the punishment God has already prepared?
grin Abeg.
Besides, I can't give my life to him. Wtf does he have to offer me? Let me guess, some imaginary kingdom in the sky, where I have to serve and worship his sky daddy for eternity like a robot?
Even those who are serving him here on earth can't even boast of a healthy, comfortable and happy life, instead, they spend their entire day praying and crying to this same sky daddy for help, while he watches and listens to the suffering of innocent folks. enriching the pockets of the so called men of God.
Please no, I don't want. grin I prefer the Muslim heaven where 72 virgins are already waiting for me. Carry your Jesus elsewhere.
He has eternal life to offer you. something you can not offer yourself.
Those that can't boast of good health comfort and happy life are those that don't know their God. I know the God I serve. I don't fall sick. The only time I feel sick is when I disobey God and immediately I confess and ask for forgiveness, that is it. the sickness disappear. Do you know the first that will happen to you when you give your life to Christ, you experience this joy and peace that you cannot explain. You will be happy. After I gave my life to Christ a lady ask me, don't I have problem, she was referring to the fact that I was always happy and smiling. Ask any true Christian they will tell you. You will always be joyful. Even when things are going well, this joy will still be in your heart that you will be thanking and worshipping God
Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by kingxsamz(m): 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2020
delkuf:
He has eternal life to offer you. something you can not offer yourself.
Those that can't boast of good health comfort and happy life are those that don't know their God. I know the God I serve. I don't fall sick.

Just listen to yourself and see if you're making any sense.
undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by delkuf(m): 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
kingxsamz:

Just listen to yourself and see if you're making any sense.
undecided
Which part am I not making sense. The fact that God has eternal life for you or that I don't fall sick
Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Image123(m): 3:17am On Aug 14, 2020
Simplesoul87:
10 Now the son of an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father went out among the Israelites, and a fight broke out in the camp between him and an Israelite.

:- 11 The son of the Israelite woman blasphemed the Name with a curse; so they brought him to Moses. (His mother’s name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri the Danite.)

12 They put him in custody until the will of the Lord should be made clear to them.

13 Then the Lord said to Moses:

14 “Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him.

15 Say to the Israelites: ‘Anyone who curses their God will be held responsible;

16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.

Very true and relevant, with the addition of GRACE.
Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by Judybash93(m): 5:56am On Aug 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin Abeg.

Off your mic, off that mic grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 by kingxsamz(m): 10:08am On Aug 14, 2020
Judybash93:

Off your mic, off that mic grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

What Miracles Did Jesus Perform? / What Does It Mean To Bear Fruits? / 2 Trapped To Death, Others Injured As Popular Nigerian Church Collapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.