Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,915 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor (32644 Views)

Why The North Suddenly Cares About Northern Lives By Farooq A. Kperogi / Obadiah Mailafiya: A Northern Governor Is The Commander Of Boko Haram / APC Asks Mansur Mashi To Retract Comment On Buhari Or Face Recall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2020
Ex-Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Obadiah Mailafia has insisted that a Northern Governor is Boko Haram’s leader.

Mailafia stated this on Wednesday, while speaking with journalists shortly after he was released by the Department of State Services (DSS).

The DSS detained him for questioning for over six hours in their Jos, Plateau State office.

However, Mailafia made it clear he did not need to retract the statement he made, during a recent interview.

Ex-Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Obadiah Mailafia has insisted that a Northern Governor is Boko Haram’s leader.

Mailafia stated this on Wednesday, while speaking with journalists shortly after he was released by the Department of State Services (DSS).

The DSS detained him for questioning for over six hours in their Jos, Plateau State office.

However, Mailafia made it clear he did not need to retract the statement he made, during a recent interview.

Mailafia, who arrived at the office the DSS office around 12.30pm along with his lawyers, did not leave until 6.40pm

On his claims, he said, “Yes, all of those words were made by me. If the whole of the 55 minutes was played out, the context of what I said would have become clearer.

“This is not the time to disown what I said. Yes, I was privy to some very sensitive information which all statesmen are entitled to have by virtue of our public roles.

“I know that I should have corroborated some of the information I received, but perhaps some of it was uncorroborated. I was in no position to follow them to the camp to corroborate what was going on.”

Mailafia added that “I must never give up on Nigeria, if need be, I will die for Nigeria.”

Meanwhile, the Northern Governors Forum (NGF) has called for an investigation into the claims.

source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/08/13/mailafia-refuses-to-retract-comments-about-northern-governor-being-boko-harams-leader/

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by IamSalt: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2020
Try telling the truth and become the enemy.

353 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by Brandstudio01: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2020
When he is too sure of his source.
Thank God he is northern man

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only. Pay after Service

328 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 9:05am On Aug 13, 2020
Some people cash out from the killing of innocent people. Terrorist is still on the high because there are sabotage everywhere. The level of sabotage we have up North and in the military gives the terrorist upper hand.

Una well done.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by BlowYourMind: 9:08am On Aug 13, 2020
I know the man didn't make unfounded allegations just for making sak

168 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by mamaafrik(m): 9:17am On Aug 13, 2020
You are from southern Kaduna,you know what you are saying, please drop more facts,where is OBJ and Danjuma,he must not be left alone with this ragging wolve??
An ex deputy CBN gov is too educated to just release hearsay...... without facts.

Start defending yourself and getting your voters card my Southern people and North central folks and lets unite .
They are always using divide and rule tactics........,we need to have serious participation

202 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by dangermouse(m): 9:20am On Aug 13, 2020
Bokoharam members and sponsors are flesh and blood too and dwells amongs us. Its the duty of every well meaning Nigerian to expose them.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 13, 2020
C O U R A G E

God bless Obadiah for speaking truth to power

145 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by richiemcgold: 9:24am On Aug 13, 2020
Who is the governor?
That's one big question Nigerians are yet to get answer.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by Maxymilliano(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2020
This is not the time to disown what I said. Yes, I was privy to some very sensitive information which all statesmen are entitled to have by virtue of our public roles.
“I know that I should have corroborated some of the information I received, but perhaps some of it was uncorroborated. I was in no position to follow them to the camp to corroborate what was going on.”

With the the confidence he exuded, and manner he stood his ground, somebody must really be somewhere stabbing the nation at the back by ruining the security architecture

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by slimfit1(m): 9:27am On Aug 13, 2020
Die for Nigeria you die for nothing God bless the land of Odua.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by Righteousness89(m): 9:44am On Aug 13, 2020
I Love His Boldness..

I Believe that when one Believes in a Course, He/She Should stick out His Life for it Without Fear..

As I am today by the Grace of God! I am Ready to be Killed for the Gospel of My Savior, JESUS Christ..

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by Dmano: 9:50am On Aug 13, 2020
This is seriously serious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by achierosion(m): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2020
The man just opened the already opened
yansh, northern Nigeria is our headache.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by achierosion(m): 9:59am On Aug 13, 2020
Righteousness89:
I Love His Boldness..

I Believe that when one Believes in a Course, He/She Should stick out His Life for it Without Fear..

As I am today by the Grace of God! I am Ready to be Killed for the Gospel of My Savior, JESUS Christ..
lolgrin
You always find ways to chip in the gospel.

51 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by ThatFairGuy: 10:01am On Aug 13, 2020
DSS Should work towards his claim. Since he's still asserting it,he is close to truth.
We need a saner Nigeria with violence Free.
God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:07am On Aug 13, 2020
Prime suspects: Hell-Rufia and Masari abi na Miscarriage in Kastina

argue with your private part!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by styless(f): 10:07am On Aug 13, 2020
Nigeria is a funny country. Is the authorities not supposed to be working on his tip to unravel the mystery behind Boko Haram's sponsors. But instead they are forcing him to retract the statement...Nigeria is certainly the most corrupt country in the world.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:07am On Aug 13, 2020
Of course it is North project, imagine Kaduna having a Governor in the same party with his President, still the killing of Southern Kaduna people still persists after up to 6 years it started, Northern leaders have no human feeling or conscience

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by Racoon(m): 10:08am On Aug 13, 2020
You cant kill the soul and so can never never kill the truth.

12 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by gift01: 10:08am On Aug 13, 2020
Can this man walk his talk? No just open mouth 'waa' like running tap. The allegations are too weighty

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by mytime24(f): 10:08am On Aug 13, 2020
Make DSs no kill this man oooo

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 13, 2020
I thought we are done with bokoharam
I heard Buhari in the news bragging how he will execute maximum securies in the states.. nah waoooh nah God go help this country from senseless leaders

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by Rebuke: 10:08am On Aug 13, 2020
As E dey hot!

Instead of the useless government to do a proper investigation into this man's claim and nail or bring to book those found guilty, they are busy trying to cow the man to retract his statement.

What exactly is this government scared or worried about this man's claim?

Doesn't this show the government is truly involved in the sponsorship of bokoharam and banditry?

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:09am On Aug 13, 2020
achierosion:
lolgrin
You always find ways to chip in the gospel.
And so?!

Anyways, Jesus loves you by force, by fire!!

achierosion:
Bia MANNA I no get strength abeg.
God is your strength Nwanne �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by nairalandankrah: 10:09am On Aug 13, 2020
I knew and said it oooooo...
First, they took down the video.
Secondly, they've threatened him like they always do..
Intimidation is their motto!!
But he won't back down.. He is not a coward and hez definitely not from that section of the country known for betraying their people

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by chariisGRACE(m): 10:10am On Aug 13, 2020
I think he meant the guy that stays in Hell's roof. I mean the NAZI HELL ROOFER.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by Chiedu4Trump: 10:10am On Aug 13, 2020
They have taken down the video, now they want him to retract his statement
https://www.nairaland.com/6049371/obadiah-mailafiyas-video-gov-backing

We all know that El-Rufai is behind the genocide in Kaduna

https://premierchristian.news/en/news/article/nigerian-state-governor-accused-of-colluding-in-genocide-against-christians

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by Obusssenp(m): 10:10am On Aug 13, 2020
They get mind ooo
Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 13, 2020
How can you openly come out to tell a man to lie to everyone who would know it's a lie.

Install a car tracking device today and let your car feel safe.

Check my signature.
Re: Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor by LandMann: 10:10am On Aug 13, 2020
Great, he should please back up his claims with proof. We don't want media trial. If he turns out to be another rabble rouser then he should face judgement of the law.

We don't want another Rwanda occurrence in Nigeria

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders / Amina Yahaya-Bello: "I Was Told To Kill My Son With Cerebral Palsy" / Fayose Officially Declares Intention To Contest For Presidential Election 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.