Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,642 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. (29666 Views)

If You're Asked For Any Of These While Job Hunting, Run For Cover! / 5 Great Work-from-home Jobs You Can Do While Job Hunting / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:
I Got to the interview without my resume and when they asked me for it I just stared back blank faced, my throat was dry and when I wanted to explain that I assumed they should have it, then just as I stared speaking, spit flew from my mouth onto the face of the HR staff. As she jerked backwards, her cup of coffee in her other hand spilled alll over her white suit and she screamed because it was hot and she fell backwards onto the glass table which shattered.

I got up and left in a hurry and ended up crashing into the glass sliding door and it broke to pieces.
this one is strong!
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Charlesdock(m): 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
tballeyy:
Is when I travel from Lagos to kano by train, unfortunately the train have engine problem, and took us a day before putting the engine in plays. They done the interview, while I'm in the bush
grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Charlesdock(m): 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
This place go sweet ooh grin
Let me branch here
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by JERRYxed12: 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
well i have not been actually embarrassed before, but I would av been.... it all happen when I was dating a girl and did not want her to know I was teaching.... even though the school was a big school and it's pay is not all that bad..... I did not want her to know I was teaching..... on this faithful day as I was teaching she called.. since I gave the class some work to solve , I said let me leave the class and answer this nwa baby....... I was on the call which was getting interesting while I was contemplating to end it.... on known to me those children ( if not God I wod say demonic children) turned the class upside down.... the call was interesting I did not know it was my class the noise was coming from..... while I was on the call, one child ran to me and said sir should I wrote names of noise makers the class is making noise.... I swear his voice was as if the put amplifier..... even the gate man could hear him..... just to cover the shame fast I said okay go... while he was running back the director who has heard the knows came up and saw me on call.... he started shouting what was I doing that my class was noise..... immediately I tried ending the call. not knowing it did not switch off .....the babe hear how the director was just shouting at me telling me how would I act so careless like that.... how would I leave those children.... he called. me some on holy name and said shit........ and told me he would deal. with me later..... well the phone went off after she could not take it any more... I think she felt the shame and embarrassment for me.......

latter that day she called me and said she sorry for the embarrassment and said we should pray about it.... she prayed with me on the phone and then told me things will get better.....

today I am the CEO of my own business... I have a catfish farm and is doing well... and I plan to. marry her

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by lifenija: 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
DaddyMorenike:
I get the video.
who ask u

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by NihiIist(m): 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Thats why I no dey go any old students reunion. Na just congregation of monitors to monitor who don make am and who never make am. They will tell you nonsense like reunion is an avenue to help one another but I know plenty of my guys when dey roast nobody don help them. angry angry angry
Lol people just see reunion as an avenue to measure success. Infact when I graduated, I made sure I exited all my class group page. I'm not bad financially but if you're not financially okay and you make the mistake of attending a reunion, you will regret it.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by lifenija: 7:19pm On Aug 13, 2020
JERRYxed12:
well i have not been actually embarrassed before, but I would av been.... it all happen when I was dating a girl and did not want her to know I was teaching.... even though the school was a big school and it's pay is not all that bad..... I did not want her to know I was teaching..... on this faithful day as I was teaching she called.. since I gave the class some work to solve , I said let me leave the class and answer this nwa baby....... I was on the call which was getting interesting while I was contemplating to end it.... on known to me those children ( if not God I wod say demonic children) turned the class upside down.... the call was interesting I did not know it was my class the noise was coming from..... while I was on the call, one child ran to me and said sir should I wrote names of noise makers the class is making noise.... I swear his voice was as if the put amplifier..... even the gate man could hear him..... just to cover the shame fast I said okay go... while he was running back the director who has heard the knows came up and saw me on call.... he started shouting what was I doing that my class was noise..... immediately I tried ending the call. not knowing it did not switch off .....the babe hear how the director was just shouting at me telling me how would I act so careless like that.... how would I leave those children.... he called. me some on holy name and said shit........ and told me he would deal. with me later..... well the phone went off after she could not take it any more... I think she felt the shame and embarrassment for me.......

latter that day she called me and said she sorry for the embarrassment and said we should pray about it.... she prayed with me on the phone and then told me things will get better.....

today I am the CEO of my own business... I have a catfish farm and is doing well... and I plan to. marry her

how can a teacher like u not know the meaning of JOB HUNTING STORY?.

i dey shame for u

11 Likes

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Neddstark: 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2020
A babe I knew who was still schooling was looking for a non-graduate job then. So I referred her to Nairaland. She was so desperate that she came across a 30k paying house-keeping/nanny job. She thought it was for foreigners so she went for the job interview to meet the client. The house was big so she thought it was going to be a sure good job. The client was a actually a middle-aged Nigerian man who is a medical doctor. So while he was interviewing her in the livingroom, a twenty-something year old young lady came in. The client introduced her as his wife, then to the wife he said my friend was the lady for the housekeeping job. Immediately the countenance of the wife changed. Thing is that this my friend is very pretty. She already knew the job was a mirage. The doctor made her feel like she was going to get the job and even gave her 5k transport at the end. But the babe knew as she left the house that was never going to happen. She felt embarrassed and calmed down in her job search untill she started selling stuffs on jiji.

16 Likes

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Nuelstar(m): 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:
I Got to the interview without my resume and when they asked me for it I just stared back blank faced, my throat was dry and when I wanted to explain that I assumed they should have it, then just as I stared speaking, spit flew from my mouth onto the face of the HR staff. As she jerked backwards, her cup of coffee in her other hand spilled all over her white suit and she screamed because it was hot and she fell backwards onto the glass table which shattered.

I got up and left in a hurry and ended up crashing into the glass sliding door and it broke to pieces.
Guy this one pass excuse na your village people follow you

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by pretydiva(f): 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:
For real oo

Hahahaha. How did you manage to leave there?
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Prechgold1180(m): 7:23pm On Aug 13, 2020
Me I got to interview like 7 am
The reception asked me to wait
I was waiting o. Der gave me small chops I ate
I waited ooooo
3pm I was still waiting
They gave me cake around 3
I waited o till 6pm
They asked me to go home and come back the next day

I did as I was told
Got ready d next day got to the company they asked one guy to show me my office that d guy was marketer and I ll start as his assistant , they gave us one yeye official car
Our duty was to go from place to place marketing and distributing
Places like airport and so on

Fast forward oga chief marketer got sick
Work load was now too much

Omo I quit within one month

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2020
nairalee:
Got a message that I've been shortlisted for the company interview. They dropped the address. I couldn't even remember which of my numerous applications was inviting me.

Spent the entire remaining days reading hard, starched my shirt, ironed, wore tie, prayed and fasted, abstained from sin, bind my entire villagers.

Only to get there and saw my haggard looking "interviewers" claiming they have millions. Congratulating me on getting the job before finally confessing that they're just GNLD.

I immediately off my tie and hid it in my envelop.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 13, 2020
pretydiva:

Hahahaha. How did you manage to leave there?
In an ambulance

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Myzubby(m): 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2020
nairalee:
Got a message that I've been shortlisted for the company interview. They dropped the address. I couldn't even remember which of my numerous applications was inviting me.

Spent the entire remaining days reading hard, starched my shirt, ironed, wore tie, prayed and fasted, abstained from sin, bind my entire villagers.

Only to get there and saw my haggard looking "interviewers" claiming they have millions. Congratulating me on getting the job before finally confessing that they're just GNLD.

bro e pain o

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Thazard(m): 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Thats why I no dey go any old students reunion. Na just congregation of monitors to monitor who don make am and who never make am. They will tell you nonsense like reunion is an avenue to help one another but I know plenty of my guys when dey roast nobody don help them. angry angry angry
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by emperordelis(m): 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2020
Mine was sometime around 2017,i had just completed my professional exams and it was only natural i start looking for a better job that befits my new qualification..Rearranged my CV and started bombarding marine / shipping companies and their agents with my CV. After about a week, i got a mail from one of them asking me to be in Port Harcourt the next day for an interview. I was excited,couldn't even sleep well,left Uyo very early the next day and got to PH in time..Went straight to the address she asked me to come to,if i had known how this day would turn out to, i probably wouldn't have wasted my time going there.
I got to the gate,security man won't grant me access without getting approval from whoever asked me to come. I spent over 30 minutes trying to call this lady,no response even after the security man assured me that she was inside,decided to call one last time and call it quits,she eventually picked up and gave me the worst attitude / insult i have gotten from any HR Personnel so far. Insulted me for calling her number,i tried to make her understand that i didn't come on my own,just yesterday she sent me an email asking be to come for an interview. I have never felt so embarrassed in my entire life,i apologised for calling,ended the call and cursed her to suffer for 6000 years..Wasted transport,wasted energy,wasted false hope just to come and receive insult... Some HR people totally forget the Human in their Job title

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2020
brainhgeek:

Who knows...might be too early to conclude
What exactly are you saying? He didnt even collect my CV.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by ComeAndobo: 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:
I Got to the interview without my resume and when they asked me for it I just stared back blank faced, my throat was dry and when I wanted to explain that I assumed they should have it, as I started speaking, spit flew from my mouth onto the face of the HR staff. As she jerked backwards, her cup of coffee in her other hand spilled all over her white suit and she screamed because it was hot and she fell backwards onto the glass table which shattered.

cheesy cheesy this better be fake

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Starz825(m): 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:
I Got to the interview without my resume and when they asked me for it I just stared back blank faced, my throat was dry and when I wanted to explain that I assumed they should have it, as I started speaking, spit flew from my mouth onto the face of the HR staff. As she jerked backwards, her cup of coffee in her other hand spilled all over her white suit and she screamed because it was hot and she fell backwards onto the glass table which shattered.

which kind experience be this
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by bamidele89: 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2020
nairalee:

grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2020
cheesy
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by emperordelis(m): 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2020
JERRYxed12:

This is not testimony time grin

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by pretydiva(f): 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:
In an ambulance

Hahahaha. Abeg nor use laff kee me this evening
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Fidelismaria: 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by JuwonBobo(m): 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Mehn, getting a job in Nigeria is war oo...you have to be a General to get the best on a platter of gold, but if you be Recruit (most job seekers), your matter dey Jesu Oluwawa hand niyen oo.

My own tori encompasses GNLD, Marketer( Not office own oo, na 'dust full leg' type of shii...e plenty!

Well, we doing OK, not the best yet but we Alright!

So support my brand, no look pass..lol

1 Share

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Poloyanabo2(m): 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:

Lol,
am really laughing hard, they didn't penalize you?
agent of confusion...gringringrin

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:

wonderful��
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by ednut1(m): 7:41pm On Aug 13, 2020
A friend gate crashed a job test but i declined following him. He later got the job almont 200k.naso me self ginger go gate crash in another company, i was caught as my name was not on the list after we had been taken to the exam room. To make matters worse no bus stop going back so had to trek like 30 mins. Inside ikeja

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Tonytonero1: 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:

Which kind lie be this Na��

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Powersurge: 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:

Who wrote the fiction book?

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by RTSC: 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2020
The day I learnt that one of my course mates I used to tutor had travelled to France sponsored by Total E&P.

She sent me a message on LinkedIn asking me which organization I was working in then, shame no gree me answer o.

8 Likes

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by JERRYxed12: 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2020
lifenija:

how can a teacher like u not know the meaning of JOB HUNTING STORY?.

i dey shame for u

did you read the writer second story while he was working as a security and saw his class mate.... was he hunting for job then.......

in the Nam of satin carry u come my Conner better leave me alone.... if u no get story to shear just read and pass............. it must not be job hinting story.... just an embarrassing story I had while still huzzling

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CONRAISS Salary Sturcture-an Insight / Would You Do THIS To Get A JOB In Nigeria? / Aso Villa Demo: 30 Nigerians Shortlisted (List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.