Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa (6088 Views)

Peter Obi's CCP Economic Model / Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others / Atiku’s Wife Takes Campaign To Onitsha, Reveals Why Igbo Should Vote Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by proeast(m): 11:16am On Aug 13, 2020
Did you know that if the 200 million strong population of Nigeria were to be Igbos alone, Nigeria would have become one of the biggest economies of the world by now? I will explain!

Did you know that Igbos have done more to make Nigeria great than any other group, and their subjugation is partly why Nigeria is in tatters? I will explain!

Of all the Southern ethnic groups, education got to Igboland last. However, fast forward to the 1940's, 50's and 60's, and Igbos closed the gap and were ahead of others until the civil war. By the time the civil war broke out, Igbos were already in control of the Nigerian economy having effectively replaced the returning British. It was so alarming to others that the premier of Northern Nigeria, Ahmadu Bello and their house of assembly began to make inflammatory speeches and laws targeted at Igbos!

The Igbo Economic model places emphasis on a bottom-up approach to development. For instance, if you're born poor in the North there is every likelihood that you will remain poor till death thus entrenching poverty circle. However, if you're born poor in Igboland, the height you can reach in life is dependent on your dreams and aspirations. There are no cultural or religious limitations to what anyone can become because there is equal playing ground for all.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by proeast(m): 11:17am On Aug 13, 2020
If it were any other ethnic group that were at the receiving end of that unfortunate civil war, they would have been done for. Consider this, by 1970 when the war ended. Our economy was wiped out, cities destroyed, bank accounts made useless and all. Yet a few years later, the Igbos were able to bounce back, even without any form of government assistance! It is interesting to note that virtually all the billionaires in Igboland today, are first generation. That is to say, they all became rich through their own personal efforts and not inheritance.

The enterprenuel, adventurous and can-do spirit of the Igbos, coupled with a culture and tradition that gives everyone equal opportunity, is the biggest asset of the Igbos.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by proeast(m): 11:17am On Aug 13, 2020
Some Nigerians were mocking the Igbos that SE attracted the least FDI (not minding that we did better than regions with 6 & 7 states). I laughed when I saw the ignorance being displayed openly.

What is FDI? Foriegn Direct Investment. But except an FDI is strictly for charity, the aim of that venture is to go into a place, make as much profit as you can, and repatriate same profits to your home country. FDI is good in terms of providing employment and paying tax but it is never better than home grown brands! I will give an instance, in P.H. Next Malls is as big as ShopRite but if they make 1 billion naira profit, that money stays in our economy but if ShopRite makes 1 billion naira profit, that profit is going to South Africa. Now who gained and who lost?

Few days ago, Umahi invited some Igbo business men to come and invest in Ebonyi state. Now these are the type of investors that is best for us and not going to some capitalists in China who will invest, make the money here and send it back to their home economy.

Igbos are currently providing Nigeria with the biggest investors nationwide. Go to Abuja, Lagos, Jos, P.H, Asaba etc. the story is the same.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by spy24(m): 11:24am On Aug 13, 2020
Op wetin you hope to achieve with this post

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 13, 2020
proeast:
Did you know that if the 200 million strong population of Nigeria were to be Igbos alone, Nigeria would have become one of the biggest economies of the world by now? I will explain!

Did you know that Igbos have done more to make Nigeria great than any other group, and their subjugation is partly why Nigeria is in tatters? I will explain!

Of all the Southern ethnic groups, education got to Igboland last. However, fast forward to the 1940's, 50's and 60's, and Igbos closed the gap and were ahead of others until the civil war. By the time the civil war broke out, Igbos were already in control of the Nigerian economy having effectively replaced the returning British. It was so alarming to others that the premier of Northern Nigeria, Ahmadu Bello and their house of assembly began to make inflammatory speeches and laws targeted at Igbos!

The Igbo Economic model places emphasis on a bottom-up approach to development. For instance, if you're born poor in the North there is every likelihood that you will remain poor till death thus entrenching poverty circle. However, if you're born poor in Igboland, the height you can reach in life is dependent on your dreams and aspirations. There are no cultural or religious limitations to what anyone can become because there is equal playing ground for all.

Where is helinues?
Where is bambambiglo?

Cc lzaa

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by Abohboy: 11:34am On Aug 13, 2020
proeast:

Then why aren’t south eastern states the best states in Nigeria. It has nothing to do with your ethnicity, ethnicity doesn’t equal knowledge.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by OkutaNla: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2020
spy24:
Op wetin you hope to achieve with this post

Allow the Op to chestbeat in peace na. After that yesterday's report about low FDI in the SE, a lot of egos were bruised so please allow them to feel good about themselves for a change.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by dangermouse(m): 11:38am On Aug 13, 2020
True talk. I give it to the Igbos for thier bussines foresight and doggedness. A neigbour (not igbo), who owns an almost empty shop but has 24\7 free supply of light from a cold room next block, but was always cash strapped had her fortunes turned arround by a simple advice from an igbo man who also owns a building material shop nearby. The advice? Construct a mutiple switch board and start charging phones for people at 50 naira per full battery charge. The woman makes more than 3k daily from doing this and is ever grateful to him. Today she has one of the biggest provision stores arround by being mentored by the igbo man. The old widow still charges phones till date as it was what turned her fortunes arround. Igbos sees bussines oppourtinities where others fail to see it. I equally state without shame today that 70% of what i am today, was from ideas from my igbo friends. Embrace them and stop hating them out of jealousy.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by Mo3891: 11:41am On Aug 13, 2020
cool

Chestbeating , noise makers

Everytime noise yet;

Lowest internally generated revenue

Lowest Foreign Direct Investment

Poorest southern region

Baby factory headquarters

Economic Almajiri traveling about with Ghana must go bags to turn kidnappers , drug dealers and prostitutes

Region with worst infrastructure

Highest criminals on FBI wanted list

No Forbes rated Billionaire

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by NGpatriot: 11:45am On Aug 13, 2020
Well said, Now I see why the SE is fantastically spackling and shining like Dubai..

So, the states performing and generating more IGR than you are not the model, your poor and backward states with the lowest IGR in Nigeria are the model.

I didn't know they have model for poverty.

These poor kerosene and wheelbarrow people no go kill pesin with lafta sha

grin grin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by Hellraiser77: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2020
Mo3891:
cool

Chestbeating , noise making

Everytime noise yet

Lowest internally generated revenue

Poorest southern region

Pains

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by Mo3891: 11:48am On Aug 13, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Pains

Why is the flat headed man crying

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by NGpatriot: 11:49am On Aug 13, 2020
Abohboy:

Then why aren’t south eastern states the best states in Nigeria. It has nothing to do with your ethnicity, ethnicity doesn’t equal knowledge.

It's delusions.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by Hellraiser77: 11:51am On Aug 13, 2020
Mo3891:

Why is the flat headed man crying

Your pains are well understood, ewedu bloke

17 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by Mo3891: 11:53am On Aug 13, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Your pains are well understood, ewedu bloke

Akpu man what is wrong with you? Is everything alright

30 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by kollinzgee(m): 11:53am On Aug 13, 2020
Abohboy:

I doubt if you are aboh boy abohs are Igbo..
Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by Sammy07: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2020
So are you telling us that out of over 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria , only IGBOS are the most hardworking?

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by proeast(m): 11:54am On Aug 13, 2020
The good thing is that we are gradually returning to our pre-civil war levels, and the sky is our limit.
A good number of the industrial brands in Nigeria today began as petty traders, buying and selling in what some mock as 4 by 4 shops. They begin by retailing, then to wholesale and supplies/distribution and ultimately to manufacturing. The likes of Ibeto, Tonimas, Innoson, AZ, Dozzy, Coscharis and lots of others began that way. These was even a generation that had little education. However, now that our traders are becoming more educated with many graduates going into trade and commerce, expect more of these springing up in large numbers.

Nigeria has continued to frustrate us by deliberately making SE unattractive to big investments. It will even surprise some people to know that a good number of the industries in Lagos/Ogun axis are owned by Igbos. If only Enugu international airport is made functional and efficient, and P.H to Enugu railway is standardized like that of Lagos to Ibadan while the federal roads are made motorable like they are in the North, gas pipelines built to supply gas to Onitsha, Nnewi and Enugu, the East will immediately become an industrial powerhouse.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by Sammy07: 11:58am On Aug 13, 2020
proeast:
The good thing is that we are gradually returning to our pre-civil war levels, and the sky is our limit.
A good number of the industrial brands in Nigeria today began as petty traders, buying and selling in what some mock as 4 by 4 shops. They begin by retailing, then to wholesale and supplies/distribution and ultimately to manufacturing. The likes of Ibeto, Tonimas, Innoson, AZ, Dozzy, Coscharis and lots of others began that way. These was even a generation that had little education. However, now that our traders are becoming more educated with many graduates going into trade and commerce, expect more of these springing up in large numbers.

. So are you telling us out of over,250 ethnic groups you're the most hardworking tribe? Other tribes are lazy and do nothing

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by Sammy07: 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2020
proeast:

Nigeria has continued to frustrate us by deliberately making SE unattractive to big investments. It will even surprise some people to know that a good number of the industries in Lagos/Ogun axis are owned by Igbos. If only Enugu international airport is made functional and efficient, and P.H to Enugu railway is standardized like that of Lagos to Ibadan while the federal roads are made motorable like they are in the North, gas pipelines built to supply gas to Onitsha, Nnewi and Enugu, the East will immediately become an industrial powerhouse.

. And must you always make reference to Yorubas? There are over 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria. Can't you mention jukuns, gbwari, Tiv, nupe, Fulani, Hausa, ibiblo, Benin, Ijaws, Esan, urhobos, etc?

9 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by kollinzgee(m): 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
Yes bro, and we shall also bring technology to Africa Aba is showing signs to be of Tokyo of West Africa the self belief in Aba manufacturers is something else and should be encouraged, a restructured Nigeria or independent biafra will bring the best out of aba and onitsha.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by NGpatriot: 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
proeast:

Of course...

You people have serious mental issues I swear

grin grin grin grin

38 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by Abohboy: 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
kollinzgee:

I doubt if you are aboh boy abohs are Igbo..

We are not necessarily igbo, we come from the Benin empire, we are ndokwa people.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by proeast(m): 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
Abohboy:

State sanctioned policies is frustrating the SE. When you say why aren't the SE states the best in Nigeria, then the question is best in what aspect?

Our states are still doing relatively better than many others. Look at any verifiable statistics holistically and tell me states that are doing better than SE states.

Is it in terms of education?
Housing?
School enrollment?
Industry?
Services?
Commerce and trade?

Be specific and tell me those that doing better than us.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by iyapont: 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
igbos control the economy and they are ahead of other tribe in education.. Wonderment grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by proeast(m): 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2020
Sammy07:
. And must you always make reference to Yorubas? There are over 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria. Can't you mention jukuns, gbwari, Tiv, nupe, Fulani, Hausa, ibiblo, Benin, Ijaws, Esan, urhobos, etc?

Nigeria has three major ethnic groups i.e. the Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. So, it isn't out of place to mention Yoruba. I can't start mentioning minorities in such context.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by loopman: 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
You can easily predict Ibos on Nairaland.

7 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by kollinzgee(m): 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
Abohboy:

We are not necessarily igbo, we come from the Benin empire, we are ndokwa people.
You came from Benin empire with Igbo tongue . grin grin
If only you knew there was a time in Nigeria history when the bini people of the Midwest wanted to exchange you guys for ijaws in the South because they never saw you as their brother..make findings my brother..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by proeast(m): 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
Sammy07:
. So are you telling us out of over,250 ethnic groups you're the most hardworking tribe? Other tribes are lazy and do nothing

If that's how you want to put it, then yes! If you disagree then mention those that are more hard-working than Igbos in Nigeria.

I'm waiting?!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa by proeast(m): 12:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
kollinzgee:
Yes bro, and we shall also bring technology to Africa Aba is showing signs to be of Tokyo of West Africa the self belief in Aba manufacturers is something else and should be encouraged, a restructured Nigeria or independent biafra will bring the best out of aba and onitsha.

Nigeria has really retarded our development. If only we had achieved Biafra in the 1960's, Africa would have had a country comparable to the Asian Tigers.

The feudal North is anti development and anti progress and they've brought Nigeria to their 'no future ambition' level. It's really sad.

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Transformation Of Singapore From Swampland To Skyscrapers (pictures) / Vivian Gist Is A Liar Looking For Cheap Popularity / Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.