Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

I Have No Regret Dumping Bank For Farming - Uche Ileka. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / I Have No Regret Dumping Bank For Farming - Uche Ileka. (184 Views)

Ceepass.com: A Digital Bank For Nairalanders / I Have No Regret Dumping Bank For Farming - Uche Ileka. / Dumping My Bitcoins. Selling Below Market Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have No Regret Dumping Bank For Farming - Uche Ileka. by Suntwist: 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
I have no regret, dumping bank for farming - Uche Ileka.

A local farmer in Umuezeagu Nnewi, Anambra State, Mrs. Uche Ileka, said she had no regret quitting the banking sector to join farming.
Ileka said she considered farming after several years of search for a government job without success.

Speaking with the Nation on her farm, the middle-aged woman said she was not unmindful of the ridicule such a decision would raise but was optimistic about the dividends in her new found job.

She said: “I started this farming about 10 years ago. I was a banker before I picked interest in farming. When I left the bank, I looked for a government job but kept receiving promises upon promises"

“Since I don’t normally stay idle, I jumped into Agriculture, from there I went deeply into crop and animal farming. Now I have various kinds of farms I own" - The Nation Newspaper

It was Martin Luther King. Jr. who famously declared that; “we are now faced with the fact that tomorrow is today. We are confronted with the fierce urgency of now”.

It is with the above declaration of Martin Luther King in mind that I put this post together to show people across the globe at this precarious point in time —be it in Asian China (Wuhan) where the lockdown began— or in the United Kingdom, America, Europe, and Nigeria where the lockdown is still being debated to continue.

The agricultural sector of a country helps balance its economic growth, and it plays a strategic role in the process of economic development of a country. It has already made a substantial contribution to the economic prosperity of advanced countries and its role in the economic development of less developed countries is of vital importance.

In other words Increase in agricultural production and the rise in the income of the rural community, together with industrialization and urbanization, leading to increased demand in industrial production.

It is seen that increased agricultural output and productivity tend to contribute substantially to the overall economic development of the country, it will be rational and appropriate to place greater emphasis on the further development of the agricultural sector.

Conclusion

From the above-cited statement, we deduce that agricultural development is a must for the economic development of a country. Even developed countries lay priority on agricultural development.

According to Muir, “Agricultural progress is essential to provide food for the growing non-agricultural labor force, raw materials for industrial production and saving and tax revenue to support the development of the rest of the economy, to earn foreign exchange and to provide a growing market for domestic manufactures.”

If you would like to be like Uche Ileka and diversify your Income through Agriculture

Connect with us via Call/WhatsApp on +2348102777209
Email: hello@suntwist.com.ng
Or Visit our Website: www.suntwist.com.ng

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (Reply)

You Can Make A Lot Of Money Reselling This Product / Start A Bakery Business With Our Step By Step Guide. / Exposed!! How To Make Money Online With Whatsapp In Nigeria For Free In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.