Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media (57595 Views)

Policeman Beats Woman To Coma In Lagos (Photos) / UNIPORT Criminology Graduate Caught Stealing In GTBank In Port-Harcourt. Photos / 3 Ladies From Other African Countries Caught Stealing In Lagos(photos,videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by priscaoge(f): 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
IAMBlesssed:

Did you watch the video??

And where is that coming from? Did you read this conversation from the beginning??
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by IAMBlesssed(f): 9:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
I noticed a lot of people commenting here didn't watch the video. The priest didn't 'beat' the woman rather he slapped her severally out of anger.The woman even came with tools to vanderlise the chapel. According to the priest, this has been happening in the Church for a number of times.

What I don't understand is the attack on the priest rather than the thief.Bunch of Nigerians are hypocrites. I bet you would pet and counsel a thief that vandalized your property and have stolen from you severally. I do tell people this, "Mind how support certain evil, because it might come back to haunt you and you may not escape it"..
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by IAMBlesssed(f): 9:40pm On Aug 13, 2020
priscaoge:

And where is that coming from? Did you read this conversation from the beginning??

I see.. You obviously didn't watch the video. Your judgment and conclusions were based on other people's comments who obviously didn't watch the video as well..

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by GingerBreadMan: 9:45pm On Aug 13, 2020
baliyubla:
Religion na scam, that’s why the most developed nations don’t care about it, only the poverty and terror stricken ones carry it on their heads.
GingerBreadMan:
are you sure? Trump “reads the Bible every day” grin
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by beresponsible(m): 9:45pm On Aug 13, 2020
Vyzz:
He wanted to comot her teeth just now

If nobi church members

Very funny video. At this point he said God go punish ya papa. Then he drops that his bag. If not for these people i go comot your teeth just now
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by ayandee: 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2020
He did what a father would do if he catches his child stealing. It's chastisement of love
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by ogbuefi677(m): 9:48pm On Aug 13, 2020
Friend22:

Yes,we Muslims amputate a theif's hand depending on what is stolen.,but burning is not there.
Why have you not amputated Gandollar ?
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by priscaoge(f): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2020
IAMBlesssed:

I see.. You obviously didn't watch the video. Your judgment and conclusions were based on other people's comments who obviously didn't watch the video as well..

Lwkmd cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy What the hell are you on about?? Pls go back and read my 1st comment that started the thread before you start your blind argument cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy It’s funny how you jumped into an argument without knowing how it started! Don’t make me puke pls!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Deborah98(f): 10:05pm On Aug 13, 2020
Don't justify the crime, stealing is as bad as other crimes committed,but the boldness to steal inside church is what am yet to comprehend,that's too bad seriously.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by redsun(m): 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
That woman should petition the pope. The priest should be demoted or dismissed for being aggressive,irrational and abusive over petty issues. That is "unjesus" cool
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by priscaoge(f): 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
IAMBlesssed:
I noticed a lot of people commenting here didn't watch the video. The priest didn't 'beat' the woman rather he slapped her severally out of anger.The woman even came with tools to vanderlise the chapel. According to the priest, this has been happening in the Church for a number of times.

What I don't understand is the attack on the priest rather than the thief.Bunch of Nigerians are hypocrites. I bet you would pet and counsel a thief that vandalized your property and have stolen from you severally. I do tell people this, "Mind how support certain evil, because it might come back to haunt you and you may not escape it"..

This is ridiculous! The attack on the Priest is because he’s expected to do better as a Christian and a follower of Christ he represent! Taking laws into his hands is wrong and against the law! What is he preaching? Peace or violence??

He didn’t beat her? Really? Go back and watch the video again because it’s obvious you are the one who didn’t watch the clip! He flogged her with the rod she used to break the box before slapping her several times. It was one of the people there that stopped him from inflicting injuries on her with it and collected it from him. Why would he do that?? Is he a Saint? How holy and pure is he? Is that what Love and forgiveness is all about?

He went ahead and threatened to post the video on Facebook in other to further humiliate her, for what reason actually? If you don’t understand Igbo, I will interpret all that he said.

And no, nobody is supporting the woman. Everyone is highly disappointed that a Priest can be this violent and mean towards someone that stole! I’m highly disappointed! What happens to handing her over to the right authority, caution her, collect the money from her and chase her out of the Church premises?

This is a jungle justice! In the court of Law, she’s innocent until proven guilty! I hope you know that? Do you also know that with this evidence of violence against her, your Priest can spend the rest of his life in jail? He wouldn’t dare this in a sane clime, this is Nigeria where everyone thinks he got power.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by priscaoge(f): 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
redsun:
That woman should petition the pope. The priest should be demoted or dismissed for being aggressive,irrational and abusive over petty issues. That is "unjesus" cool

My dear it’s funny how a lot of people here are supporting the Priest!

Set awon “Touch not my anointed”. If men were God, a lot of us won’t be breathing today.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by redsun(m): 10:31pm On Aug 13, 2020
priscaoge:

My dear it’s funny how a lot of people here are supporting the Priest!

Set awon “Touch not my anointed”. If men were God, a lot of us won’t be breathing today.

A very distasteful attitude for a priest. Nigeria is a very violent country where even the so-called highly educated think it is right to settle issues violently. It is the reason why I can't get mommy calm down little man out of my mind, there is so the so-called Nigerian adults should learn from that little man.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by priscaoge(f): 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
redsun:

A very distasteful attitude for a priest. Nigeria is a very violent country where even the so-called highly educated think it is right to settle issues violently. It is the reason why I can't get mommy calm down little man out of my mind, there is so the so-called Nigerian adults should learn from that little man.

Just take a good look at how the youths are defending him tooth and nail! It’s very distasteful and disappointing that someone that calls himself a leader and a man of God can raise his hand on a woman, slapped her severally just to prove a point.

Trust me he can never ever do that in a sane clime, he will definitely rot in hell.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2020
SmartProf:

You've quickly forgotten that the same Jesus flogged money changers severely and called them thieves in a place that was meant to be a house of prayer. I see how wise you are.

Shut up, mumu.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by SexytorresE(f): 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2020
Where are the believers ? grin smh
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by SexytorresE(f): 11:00pm On Aug 13, 2020
Arrewa:
Religious bigots oya....

Make una come stereotype and insult Christianity.

No you will not... You will rather blame the pastor in other not go against your pre existing belief.

But you will rush to insult Islam whenever any imam or alfa Jonse!

Muslims imams don't even commit half of the atrocities your pastors used to commit in the name of Christianity.

Hypocrites!

Embrace humanity and free yourself from mental captivity!

child indoctrination is still doing them

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by SexytorresE(f): 11:00pm On Aug 13, 2020
Epic grin
Vyzz:
He wanted to comot her teeth just now

If nobi church members
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by SexytorresE(f): 11:14pm On Aug 13, 2020
He is saying “religion does nothing to humanity “ only gullible people believe in imaginary sky God . Should I use pigin grin
OlawaleBammie:
What are we saying and what are u saying??

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by OlawaleBammie: 11:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
SexytorresE:
He is saying “religion does nothing to humanity “ only gullible people believe in imaginary sky God . Should I use pigin grin
Only if u can tell me how religion make one gullible ??

Pls am interested,
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by generalwo(m): 11:45pm On Aug 13, 2020
majamajic:

So it's the Reverend that took this video ? And upload it too ?

What he did was wrong but I don't think he was the one that upload it , someone else did
...... I am going by the headline of this post sir.... He made a video of the scene according to his threats so my best guess is that he's complicit in the uploading
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by andyanders: 12:12am On Aug 14, 2020
nairalandankrah:
Priest, but you don't consult God before stealing the tithe and offering?
Mr priest, hope you're without sin??
Because only he who is without sin has the right to cast a stone..let that lady be, if she were your daughter, you won't handle the situation that way

That one is not a true priest. Despite what she did was wrong, flogging her, recording and uploading her pix on internet is to show how stupid and ungodly he is. Why not admonish her and counsel her as a man of God.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Smartwave: 12:19am On Aug 14, 2020
Nawah ooo, i need to fear Igbo ladies oooo. Even go there with instruments? grin grin
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by mokkalu1(m): 12:26am On Aug 14, 2020
SmartProf:
Persons who won't dare to steal in a shrine will attempt to steal in church since they know that God is merciful. The priest just demonstrated that he can also preach to her by flogging the demon of theft out of her...stealing cannot be the best way out of poverty, cos she could have accessed the church for help and they would have obliged. For critics who will question why she wasn't rather counselled by the priest..I believe that the counselling will make more sense during & after the beatings.
Na wa for una o. How una de think sef?
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 12:28am On Aug 14, 2020
Ladies And Stealing, Cha E!
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by iparipa: 12:38am On Aug 14, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
Not too smart of him

Ụkọ Chukwu jiri ya nwanyo.. Anyị nile bụ ndị njọ

I only hope this priest is also not shagging some fresh puna, if not.. wink

You are wrong insinuating what you cannot establish here.
Instead of condemning the act of stealing, you are there making excuses that everyone is a sinner , worst still, your prejudice against the priest.
This is one of the reasons that perpetrators of evil will continue in their acts ,after all ,there will always be people like you who will exonerate and make excuses for them, while turning around to challenge the victimized that cries out.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by iparipa: 12:44am On Aug 14, 2020
nairalandankrah:
Priest, but you don't consult God before stealing the tithe and offering?
Mr priest, hope you're without sin??
Because only he who is without sin has the right to cast a stone..let that lady be, if she were your daughter, you won't handle the situation that way

The day you catch your own thief, free him/her because we are all sinners. Leave others to handle theirs their own way.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Excuses: 1:46am On Aug 14, 2020
Where is righteousness..
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by armyofone(m): 1:57am On Aug 14, 2020
Rep of Jesus Christ huh? He is not worth his onion!

Not a good material for priesthood.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by SmartProf(m): 3:02am On Aug 14, 2020
dario078:

Shut up, mumu.
Your statement is typical of very low IQ individuals. Your inability to engage in constructive arguments drive you towards name calling. What a shame to call these ones sane humans.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by olmoRoc: 4:27am On Aug 14, 2020
I don't condone stealing and it makes me really angry but, is anger or rage of God? I believe he should have cautioned her instead of beating her up and threatening to upload the video online. What did he hope to achieve by doing that?

As a result, I have these questions for the Priest.

What would Christ have done in this very situation, Mr. Priest or whatever?

Who actually sinned in this very situation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tyrese Haspil, Fahim Saleh's PA Being Arrested (Video) / A man was disgraced by a sex worker at Ajao estate, Lagos / Man Rapes, Impregnates & Aborts Stepdaughter's Pregnancy In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.