Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators (33110 Views)

Reps To Bar Courts From Sacking President, Governors / Flash! All The Pdp Governors Aides And Senators In Gombe Decamped To Apc Today. / APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Nobody: 2:16am On Aug 14, 2020
The National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, Thursday said it would commence punishment for any broadcast station that violates any of its code. It warned that all broadcast stations should be guided by the ethics and code of the profession. Citing the provisions of the Broadcasting Code: Section 3.1.: Professional Rules: 3.1.1: which states that “No broadcast shall encourage or incite to crime, lead to public disorder or hate, be repugnant to public feelings or contain an offensive reference to any person or organization, alive or dead or generally be disrespectful to human dignity.

And code: 3.1.19: The broadcast shall not transmit content that denigrates the social norms, values and culture of the society”, Chibuike Ogwumike, zonal director of the NBC Lagos office, in his letter to newsmen, seized the opportunity to warn against messages that ‘insult’ Nigerian leaders.

His words: “Monitoring activities indicate that in the recent time, some broadcast stations have abdicated their editorial responsibilities such that guests and callers on programmes abuse and insult leaders and those in authority freely and without caution.

To denigrate our elders and leaders in abusive terms is not our culture. We respect our leaders as a positive cultural value. “We expect Broadcasters, especially anchors to show professionalism in the handling of programmes such that guest or callers that exhibit such tendency are professionally handled. “The recourse to abusing, denigrating and insulting the President, Governors, MPs and other leaders does not show us as cultured people.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/you-will-be-punished-if-you-insult-president-governors-senators-others-in-nigeria/

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Nobody: 2:16am On Aug 14, 2020
Goodluck Jonathan warned Nigerians.

634 Likes 47 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by slivertongue: 2:22am On Aug 14, 2020
they should build more prisons cos we won't stop speaking out responsibly

436 Likes 23 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by rexchazy(m): 2:26am On Aug 14, 2020
The uselessness of Liar Mohammed is been manifested with restraint

273 Likes 13 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by uBuNiT: 2:34am On Aug 14, 2020
Good. Nigerians need action man like buhari to discipline them. They talk too much; chochochochocho all the time.

But these fulani sef, still sitting in primitive world like this ? What they mean; everybody SHUT UP

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Aflix(m): 2:35am On Aug 14, 2020
So that's the reason they fined that radio station Abi

16 Likes

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by GamalNasser: 2:52am On Aug 14, 2020
Buhari will not be in his stolen power forever

190 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Susu888(m): 3:20am On Aug 14, 2020
As culturally noble as it sound to some( to me its ass licking!!!) ......Why can't we insult our elected leaders?
No one forced them to run for office! Its a package deal that comes with being a politician . If they don't like it let them get the fvck out..

Nd wht next after this? We will be prohibited from critising our elected leaders?
Seems like we r becoming more like china ...

156 Likes 17 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Ratedgang: 3:28am On Aug 14, 2020
Americans insults Trump like kilode but the guy no bother. Naija political leaders no wan hear the truth. What a tyrannical government. Zombies over to you.

271 Likes 16 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Susu888(m): 3:47am On Aug 14, 2020
Ratedgang:
Americans insults Trump like kilode but the guy no bother. Naija political leaders no wan hear the truth. What a tyrannical government. Zombies over to you.

Not everything is buhari abeg. If he bothered about insults alot of people would hv been dealt with (eg; ffk, reno,balarabe musa,adeyanju,buba galadima etc.....).

Most of our naija politicians r suspects bcuz they don't all hv thick skins! For all u know it could wike,obiano , yari, ganduje, infact there is an endless list of naija politicians (senetors ,govs...) with dictatorial tendencies that could be behind it.
Alot of people in government can do stuff without the president's knowing including people in the presidency, so cut the man some slack.

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by infogenerator(m): 3:59am On Aug 14, 2020
To be honest, Nigeria is gradually scary the shit out of me.

✓ Insecurity is now a norm in our country

✓Economic developments are dwindling

✓Corruption at a massive scale

✓Unemployment rate is almost at 70%

✓Right to a peaceful protest has been taken away.

Now the only way we can call them to order has been termed a criminal offense.

We are being gagged, so no one can hear us being butt whipped by our government.

Take it or not, but the freedom we enjoyed under GEJ is what true democracy is all about.

137 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by WonderManly(m): 4:19am On Aug 14, 2020
Hummmm...

6 Likes

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Maxymilliano(m): 4:25am On Aug 14, 2020
The recourse to abusing, denigrating and insulting the President, Governors, MPs and other leaders does not show us as cultured people.”

It shall never be well with whoever contrived the above gibberish.

After failing the hapless masses at ALL level of governance, the masses are still expected to sing praises of their failed leaders

What a bunkum !

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Bighead9: 5:31am On Aug 14, 2020
Biafrans right now. grin angry grin grin grin

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Henrydata(m): 5:45am On Aug 14, 2020
OK na

Meanwhile check my signature
Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by ican2020: 5:47am On Aug 14, 2020
You guys should shut up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Brooklynsouth(f): 5:55am On Aug 14, 2020
Bighead9:
Biafrans right now. grin angry grin grin grin
my happiness is you live in the zoo while I don't live there I only blame covid 19 for trapping me here so make jest of it all you want but it will soon come to your doorstep

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by kingzizzy: 6:36am On Aug 14, 2020
Freedom of speech is gone, welcome to the zoo

13 Likes

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Yankee101: 6:37am On Aug 14, 2020
This should be illegal

8 Likes

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by EagleNest(m): 6:42am On Aug 14, 2020
NBC should remember that this is not military regime but civilian government. The power is actually on the people not on the elected few. It is okay to respect people only if they don't abuse it. Blind respect and blind loyalty should be stopped as it gives these rapacious politicians the mind to abuse privileges. Let Nigerians speak. Don't gag their mouth.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by femi4: 6:43am On Aug 14, 2020
Draconian law....freedom after speech is no longer guarantee

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:56am On Aug 14, 2020
I wept for this country the day Buhari went abroad for medical leave......and am still weeping cos things are now worst in the country....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Karlifate: 6:59am On Aug 14, 2020
In order words, padlock your mouth for the next 3 years OR you get padlocked in prison.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by vikithor(m): 7:58am On Aug 14, 2020
He don dey set,i dey I no dey must follow dey,I vote for tyrant buhari or I did not vote ,you want to drag,gag,cage all of us? I no send APC,buhari,cabalised presidency,fulanised Nigeria,I no even send that northern governor sponsoring Boko haram,DSS,police,army all of Una make Una start warming up,Una go arrest tire o,the end of this witchcratcy don reach,tell FG say dem dey marrrrrrrrdddd,tell APC say thunder must fayeeerrrr them,tell the cabals say covid 19 must delete all of them,tell jubrin el suddani say he won't survive this one,tell liar mohd say it won't be well with him,tell kangaroo NBC say their days are numbererd,even Donald Trump,a far right thinking and pro active president carrying his citizens along,yet still received criticisms from Americans na dis lifeless vegetable that is isolating himself from public,Nigerians,that won't be rebuked?
Rivers state expected him to visit their state,why is he dodging? Other nations president is seen,heard,felt,touched by the citizens,how many ordinary citizens will say he can feel,impactful feeling of leadership from FG ? Citizens revolution loading ,we will break bottles,irons kpako on their errand mumu uniformed stooges.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by jlinkd78(m): 8:09am On Aug 14, 2020
Implementation of Hate Speech from d back door

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by div111(m): 8:17am On Aug 14, 2020
BUHARI IS A FUU

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Perfecttouchade: 11:49am On Aug 14, 2020
cheesy
Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Uyi168: 11:49am On Aug 14, 2020

1 Like

Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 14, 2020
grin
Re: NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators by dahnimoh(m): 11:50am On Aug 14, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I Met With APC Leaders —fani-kayode / Pictures From The Ongoing NLC Protest In Abuja / 2015: Goodluck Jonathan Will Win, In Whatever Way – Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.