Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,436 members, 7,781,273 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:35 AM

Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes (1854 Views)

Ihejirika Visits Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, Assures Him Of His Commitment (Photos) / Ize-lyamu, Oshiomole In Igueben-Uromi For APC Campaign [Photos] / Pastor Osagie Ize-lyamu Campaigns In Fugar, Edo North (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by kahal29: 6:56am On Aug 14, 2020
The Otu of Igarra, High Chief Joseph Mayaki Akpeji, has donated the sum of 1 million naira to the candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the September 19th Governorship election, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, and his running mate, Mallam Gani Audu.

He made the donation on behalf of the Eziobe traditional council, Akoko Edo, on Thursday when the APC candidate visited his palace.

Pastor Ize-Iyamu and his running mate, Mallam Gani Audu, were accompanied by the former National Chairman of the APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, Senator representing Edo North Senatorial District, Senator Francis Alimikhena, the member representing Akoko-Edo Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives and Deputy Majority Leader, Comrade Peter Akpatason, and other leaders of the APC.

According to High Chief Joseph Mayaki Akpeji, the Otu of Igarra and head of the Eziobe traditional council, the 1 million naira donation was an expression of his support for the APC and Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, particularly with the sound plans highlighted in his SIMPLE agenda manifesto to develop the state and improve security through partnership with the traditional council and other community heads, and to aid his campaign in delivering its message to the entire 192 wards of the State and score the majority votes on September 19.

Joined by the Oshemi of Igarra, Oshimdase of Igarra, and the Oshidu of Igarra, High Chief Joseph Mayaki Akpeji prayed for the candidate and his running mate after endorsing them and declaring to offer full support to the APC during the campaign and at the polls.

“We shall send a powerful delegation to Benin for your inauguration after the expected peaceful and successful election. We have all resolved to support you and to cast our votes for you in Igarra as a whole,” the Otu of Igarra said.

“We will do all we can to support your election in the September 19, 2020 governorship election in the state.”

Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and Mallam Gani Audu, who thanked the traditional ruler for his donation and blessings, were decorated with the traditional Igarra “Itowoji” clothes to symbolize their acceptance and adoption as the preferred candidate in the election.

Meanwhile, the APC candidate was also at the palace of the Otaru of Igarra, Oba Emmanuel Adeche Saiki II, where he further assured the traditional rulers of his plans and readiness to maintain active collaborations and partnership with them in the development of their domains if elected as the next Governor of the State.

Ize-Iyamu said traditional rulers and other community heads hold important roles in the state as one of the closest forms of leadership to the people and the custodian of their cultural values. He promised to bring to an end the era of them being treated as mere ceremonial office-holders and actively involve them in the governance of the state.

He said: “In my documented SIMPLE agenda manifesto, we recognized the pre-eminence of traditional rulers. It is not enough to give them ceremonial attention, traditional rulers must be part of the running of government because of the special roles they play and their closeness to the people. A partnership between traditional rulers and the government, for instance, can help solve the problem of insecurity with effective monitoring and intelligence gathering.”

“I am able to show you this document to your Highnesses because the Bible says where there is no vision the people perish. For the past four years, we have had a government without a clear cut agenda,” Ize-Iyamu said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/edo-poll-otu-of-igarra-lauds-ize-iyamu-donates-n1m/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by kahal29: 6:56am On Aug 14, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by Commentor: 6:59am On Aug 14, 2020
That's how to roll.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by ojikeebere12: 7:01am On Aug 14, 2020
Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by odiks: 7:04am On Aug 14, 2020
Love from Owan....

Thank you Owan. Thank you very much. POI/APC are poised for victory. Congratulations Edo APC and our incoming Governor
@PastorIzeIyamu.

5 Likes

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by Kriss216: 7:05am On Aug 14, 2020
God will shame many people next month.

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!

3 Likes

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by kahal29: 7:19am On Aug 14, 2020
Kriss216:

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!

God is not shaming anybody for his word says in Isaiah 54:4 ►

"Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood."

Affliction shall not rise a second time

14 Likes

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by Kriss216: 7:21am On Aug 14, 2020
kahal29:

God is not shaming anybody for his word says in Isaiah 54:4 ►

"Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood."

Affliction shall not rise a second time
Edo is 4+4 and there's nothing you or anybody can do about it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by Cleanmindalways: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2020
undecided
Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by Dansuqi: 7:29am On Aug 14, 2020
odiks:
Love from Owan....

Thank you Owan. Thank you very much. POI/APC are poised for victory. Congratulations Edo APC and our incoming Governor
@PastorIzeIyamu.

Oboy see sea of heads.obaseki will give up after seeing this
Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by Dansuqi: 7:30am On Aug 14, 2020
Kriss216:

Akoko edo will humiliate him.that royal gesture is a low blow and shade to ugly obaseki

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by kahal29: 7:30am On Aug 14, 2020
Kriss216:

“I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, not the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.”

2 Likes

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by Dansuqi: 7:31am On Aug 14, 2020
kahal29:

“I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, not the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.”

Divine peppering of pdp.eriokanmi and Agboriotejoye will be pained

4 Likes

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by Eriokanmi: 7:40am On Aug 14, 2020
Dansuqi:

Otu of Igharra isn't the king. He's a chief. Otaru is the king and has unequivocally endorsed obaseki during his campaign in akoko edo.

Mind you, all the ward chairs in akoko edo, including the LG chairman are all in support of obaseki. I just feel sorry for agbaje and yekini right now. Maybe they and their family would give ize-iyamu the needed consolation votes grin

4 Likes

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by Kriss216: 7:56am On Aug 14, 2020
kahal29:

Don't worry, Obaseki will clear your doubt.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by braveboi4life: 7:56am On Aug 14, 2020
Can this traditional rulers borrow wisdom for once, even the all powerful Oba of Benin decided to remain non partisan for obvious reasons but this insignificant chiefs that we don't even know their domain decides to support a candidate, when the opposing candidate wins and decides to treat them with kid gloves they will all be running their mouth tongue
Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by Mraphel: 8:08am On Aug 14, 2020
Kriss216:

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!
Shame on you cause Am bode no be your mate

2 Likes

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by Kriss216: 8:10am On Aug 14, 2020
Mraphel:

Shame on you cause Am bode no be your mate
But, I'm not dragging mate with him wink
Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by kahal29: 9:43am On Aug 14, 2020
Kriss216:

Don't worry, Obaseki will clear your doubt.

Better
Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by kahal29: 9:43am On Aug 14, 2020
Front Page
Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by kahal29: 9:56am On Aug 14, 2020
Dansuqi:

shocked
Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by Dansuqi: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Otu of Igharra isn't the king. He's a chief. Otaru is the king and has unequivocally endorsed obaseki during his campaign in akoko edo.

Mind you, all the ward chairs in akoko edo, including the LG chairman are all in support of obaseki. I just feel sorry for agbaje and yekini right now. Maybe they and their family would give ize-iyamu the needed consolation votes grin

Apc has always won akoko and will still so so

1 Like

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by tribalmall: 10:07am On Aug 14, 2020
braveboi4life:
Can this traditional rulers borrow wisdom for once, even the all powerful Oba of Benin decided to remain non partisan for obvious reasons but this insignificant chiefs that we don't even know their domain decides to support a candidate, when the opposing candidate wins and decides to treat them with kid gloves they will all be running their mouth tongue

This is the reason I will. Never support PDP till death. Why must everybody support Obaseki for your father to stop wailing ? Can Obaseki not win without this man's support ? Why are you people so cursed for God sake.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by IJOBA2: 10:14am On Aug 14, 2020
WHICH ONE BE OTU OF IGARRA shocked

DONPHILOPUS HOW FARI HEAR SAY YOU DON PORT grin
Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by donphilopus: 10:20am On Aug 14, 2020
Dansuqi:

Akoko edo will humiliate him.that royal gesture is a low blow and shade to ugly obaseki

Which royal? Visiting the Otu of Igarra is a blow and shade to Ize-Iyamu. Otu isn't recognised in my hometown, Igarra. The traditional ruler recognised in Igarra by the govt and every other person is the Otaru of Igarra. Visiting the Otu of Igarra is an insult to the great people of Igarra and we'll protest with our votes.

Screenshot this post.

You don't have to be in Aba, Ogbomosho or Ugep and be telling us what would happen in Igarra (Edo State) Sept 19th.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by donphilopus: 10:26am On Aug 14, 2020
braveboi4life:

This one doesn't need to be scared as he isn't recognised in Edo State. The recognised traditional ruler is the Otaru of Igarra not Otu.

FYI, the so-called Otu of Igarra is John Mayaki's father. John Mayaki is the spokesman of POI's campaign organisation. He gave his dad the money to give to POI so the press would publish something like this. grin
Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by donphilopus: 10:40am On Aug 14, 2020
IJOBA2:
WHICH ONE BE OTU OF IGARRA shocked

DONPHILOPUS HOW FARI HEAR SAY YOU DON PORT grin

Man, I love supporting the best candidate in any election. I'm not paid to do whatever I'm doing online. So I'm at liberty to support whoever I feel like supporting. Obaseki is better than POI. You told me someone was a thief in 2016 and now telling me he's a saint in 2020 and expect me to take you seriously? I'm not that foolish. Whoeber wins isn't my business. But it would be on record that I never supported POI.

Ask most of these (my fellow Buhari's) guys supporting POI online if they'd support Atiku in 2023 if Buhari asks them to do (after calling him corrupt in 2019). Make we dey try use our brain sometimes. It's not all about my party, my party always.
Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by IJOBA2: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2020
donphilopus:

Man, I love supporting the best candidate in any election. I'm not paid to do whatever I'm doing online. So I'm at liberty to support whoever I feel like supporting. Obaseki is better than POI. You told me someone was a thief in 2016 and now telling me he's a saint in 2020 and expect me to take you seriously? I'm not that foolish. Whoeber wins isn't my business. But it would be on record that I never supported POI.

Ask most of these (my fellow Buhari's) guys supporting POI online if they'd support Atiku in 2023 if Buhari asks them to do (after calling him corrupt in 2019). Make we dey try use our brain sometimes. It's not all about my party, my party always.
HOU SHOULD BE GIVING US THE LATEST GIST SINCE YOU ARE ON GROUND
Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by donphilopus: 10:54am On Aug 14, 2020
IJOBA2:
HOU SHOULD BE GIVING US THE LATEST GIST SINCE YOU ARE ON GROUND

I'm not in Edo right now. But I have people on ground. Ize-Iyamu cannot win Akoko Edo. Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by IJOBA2: 10:59am On Aug 14, 2020
donphilopus:

I'm not in Edo right now. But I have people on ground. Ize-Iyamu cannot win Akoko Edo. Mark my words.
MARKED
Re: Edo: Otu Of Igarra Donates 1 Million To Ize-lyamu, Assures Him Of Igarra Votes by Dansuqi: 11:17am On Aug 14, 2020
donphilopus:

Which royal? Visiting the Otu of Igarra is a blow and shade to Ize-Iyamu. Otu isn't recognised in my hometown, Igarra. The traditional ruler recognised in Igarra by the govt and every other person is the Otaru of Igarra. Visiting the Otu of Igarra is an insult to the great people of Igarra and we'll protest with our votes.

Screenshot this post.

You don't have to be in Aba, Ogbomosho or Ugep and be telling us what would happen in Igarra (Edo State) Sept 19th.

Oga,akoko edo is like kano.apc will always win there no matter what

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PMB Achievement: Pictures Of The Day. / A Throwback To A Time When SARS Murdered Igbo Youths En masse / BREAKING: Suspected Fulani Gunmen Abduct Fellow Fulani People In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.