Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. (8959 Views)

Advice Needed, Buying Tokunbo Tyres Or Brand New In Nigeria ? / Store For Your Genuine Volkswagen Spare Parts Both New And Tokunbo. / Tokunbo Tyres Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by ndidibabe(f): 6:58am On Aug 14, 2020
I just got a Lexus ES350 and all tyres are bad. I am in between buying a new China tyre or Toks cus of financial constraints. I have never used a Tokunbo Tyre but the guy who is going to fix the tyres is persuading me to save money and go for toks cus China tyres are not durable.

By the way a China tyre is 18k, that is
72k for the four while Toks is 10k for what he called commercial tyre which is 40k for all four.

Please advise.
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by badoh(m): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2020
if you can get first grade Toks Tyre, you can settle for it. Also check the production year of those tyres cos of FRSC officials.

1 Like

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by ndidibabe(f): 7:34am On Aug 14, 2020
badoh:
if you can get first grade Toks Tyre, you can settle for it. Also check the production year of those tyres cos of FRSC officials.
How many years does it take to expire?
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by id4sho(m): 7:39am On Aug 14, 2020
get a Summer tokumbo tyre, it doesn't have the the triple edge triangle. The ones who triple edge triangle are winter tyres i.e ice tyres
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by kingreign(m): 7:39am On Aug 14, 2020
ndidibabe:
I just got a Lexus ES350 and all tyres are bad. I am in between buying a new China tyre or Toks cus of financial constraints. I have never used a Tokunbo Tyre but the guy who is going to fix the tyres is persuading me to save money and go for toks cus China tyres are not durable.

72k for the four while Toks is 10k for what he called commercial tyre which is 40k for all four.

Please advise.

Proudly Tokumbo tyre user.
I can't waste cash on brand new only for them to get damaged in less than 3 months.

7 Likes

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by ndidibabe(f): 7:41am On Aug 14, 2020
kingreign:

Proudly Tokumbo tyre user.
I can't waste cash on brand new only for them to get damaged in less than 3 months.
Are you really serious about this? Did you try the China tyres?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by ndidibabe(f): 7:42am On Aug 14, 2020
id4sho:
get a Summer tokumbo tyre, it doesn't have the the triple edge triangle.
The ones who triple edge triangle are winter tyres i.e ice tyres
How do I start going about this?
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by kingreign(m): 7:43am On Aug 14, 2020
ndidibabe:
Are you really serious about this? Did you try the China tyres?

Last year I bought two tyres brand new. 3 months down the line, one developed a huge bulge, the other started vibrating only to discover it was bent. My true pressure was 30PSI always. My crime was driving from Uyo to Calabar and back then these tyre went bad.

But Tokumbo tyres I use never had such nastiness.

4 Likes

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by aaking(m): 7:44am On Aug 14, 2020
ndidibabe:

Please advise.

Some tokunbo are worn out you may not know. That what affected the hand of my car. Toks tyres are squeezed in multiple ways from abroad while new tyres comes in good shape without squeezing. But toks are 1st grade if you know someone that sales it. But God took me to a woman in trade fair that gave me Indonesia tyre which is better than china.
She was the one that explained the commercial and the normal for me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by aieromon(m): 7:45am On Aug 14, 2020
ndidibabe:

Please advise.

I don't think you will get first grade Toks 17" or 18" tires for that amount.

1 Like

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by seanfer(m): 7:46am On Aug 14, 2020
kingreign:

Last year I bought two tyres brand new. 3 months down the line, one developed a huge bulge, the other started vibrating only to discover it was bent. My true pressure was 30PSI always. My crime was driving from Uyo to Calabar and back then these tyre went bad.

Bros please a tyre made in 2017 will expire when? I got into an argument with some FRSC in PH this week about my tyres. They said they’re expired.
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by kingreign(m): 7:56am On Aug 14, 2020
seanfer:

Bros please a tyre made in 2017 will expire when? I got into an argument with some FRSC in PH this week about my tyres. They said they’re expired.

Those FRSC guy's, wan run you street

1 Like

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by ndidibabe(f): 8:31am On Aug 14, 2020
kingreign:

hmm. Now I don't know what to do..
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by Praxtech: 8:52am On Aug 14, 2020
kingreign:

Those FRSC guy's, wan run you street
Tires don't expire

4 Likes

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by Praxtech: 8:53am On Aug 14, 2020
ndidibabe:
hmm. Now I don't know what to do..
Contact gazzuzz for grade A tokunbo tires. Leave the stress to him.

1 Like

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by ndidibabe(f): 8:59am On Aug 14, 2020
Praxtech:

Contact gazzuzz for grade A tokunbo tires. Leave the stress to him.
This Gazuuz sha..
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:55am On Aug 14, 2020
ndidibabe:

Please advise.

Kindly avoid that specification of heavy duty tyre, it will drastically reduce comfort.

2 Likes

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by adanny01(m): 10:00am On Aug 14, 2020
Praxtech:

Tires don't expire

Tires expire for sure, but they don't have a certain date, time or period to expire.

4 brand new tires of same production date and brand could expire at different periods.

It just pains me that FRSC conclude that 4yrs is the right expiry date when manufacturers clearly would not agree or have not said so.

Michelin recommends 10yrs to change their tires.

5 Likes

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by Praxtech: 10:57am On Aug 14, 2020
adanny01:

Tires expire for sure, but they don't have a certain date, time or period to expire.

4 brand new tires of same production date and brand could expire at different periods.

It just pains me that FRSC conclude that 4yrs is the right expiry date when manufacturers clearly would not agree or have not said so.

Michelin recommends 10yrs to change their tires.
Thanks for putting it better
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by kingreign(m): 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
Praxtech:

Tires don't expire

Not rubber tyres you and I use on our cars.
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by 9icetoo(m): 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
aieromon:

I don't think you will get first grade Toks 17" or 18" tires for that amount.
17 inch, yes. 18 inch, maybe. 18 inch is about 13 to 15k.
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by 9icetoo(m): 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
seanfer:

No need to argue with them. Tell them to book you for expired tires and meet you in court to show you where the frsc act of 2007, includes expired tyres as an offence

1 Like

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by adanny01(m): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
9icetoo:

No need to argue with them. Tell them to book you for expired tires and meet you in court to show you where the frsc act of 2007, includes expired tyres as an offence

If you don't argue, they will write worn out tires, hoping you will not go to court.

Once you talk and they understand you know your rights, they will never book you and will end in just an argument.

This is same reason they avoid commercial drivers and go for the gentle people who can easily dip a hand in the pocket.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by ndidibabe(f): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Kindly avoid that specification of heavy duty tyre, it will drastically reduce comfort.
Thank you for this information, Gazzuzz. How do you rate the China tyres in comparison to Toks?
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by kingreign(m): 4:29pm On Aug 14, 2020

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by AgentGoat: 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
ndidibabe:

Please advise.
Contact gazzuzz tok tyres
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by David50: 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
I would prefer u go with brand new china tyres and have peace of mind. I would personally recommend WINDA or SUNFUL. Normally, people run into early issues with their tyres because they neglect basic but essential tyre maintenance strategies:
1. Always ensure ur tyres and well gauged (very very very important)... as a rule of thumb check them everytime u fill ur tank. I personally check mine every weekend.
2. Rotate ur tyres every 3 months so they all wear evenly (as a rule of thumb, do it when ever u service your car).
3. Balance ur wheels 4 times a year.
4. Do alignment once a month.
Do this and u will enjoy ur new tyres for the duration of its life time.

2 Likes

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by Lexusgs430: 2:46am On Aug 15, 2020
ndidibabe:

Please advise.

A tokunbo tyrẹ would always be better than a brand new Chinese tyre......

Check expiry dates and avoid tox tyre retreads.........

Ensure you balance your wheels, before mounting them on your vehicle..........
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by boldx(m): 2:59am On Aug 15, 2020
My tire experience is quite funny. Why is Nigeria filled with sub-standard junk?
Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by Lexusgs430: 3:42am On Aug 15, 2020
boldx:
My tire experience is quite funny. Why is Nigeria filled with sub-standard junk?

Because SON is a sleeping governmental department................

3 Likes

Re: Between China And Tokunbo Tyres. by Praxtech: 4:45am On Aug 15, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Because SON is a sleeping governmental department................
No

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honda's Mean Mower Is Set To Become The World’s Fastest Lawnmower / Getting An International Driving Licence In Nigeria / How To Avoid Battery Explosions (Yes, They Really Happen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.