Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha (2742 Views)

12 Suspended Anambra Monarchs Beg For Forgiveness / Anambra Monarchs Blocked From Meeting President Buhari / INEC Suspends The Announcement Of Results In Akpabio's Senatorial District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by Cyberterror: 7:07am On Aug 14, 2020
....as Arthur Eze gifts them brand new jeeps for their roles in the crisis.

Some concerned traditional rulers from Anambra state, Thursday, suspended the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Achebe as the chairman of the state’s traditional rulers’ council over alleged high handedness and dictatorship.

The monarchs, who had earlier been suspended by the state’s governor, Willie Obiano over alleged misconduct for one year, also claimed that the tenure of Obi had expired as the chairman of the state’s traditional rulers’ council.

Governor Obiano had on August 11, 2020 suspended 12 monarchs for the initial period of one year for traveling out of the state without government approval.

They are HRM Alex Edozieuno of Mkpunando; Mark-Anthony Okonkwo of Alor; Chukuwma Orji of Ezinifite; G.B.C Mbakwe of Abacha; Chijioke Nwankwo of Nawfa and Nkeli Nelly of Igbarim.

Others are Anthony Onyekwere of Owelle; A. N. Onwuneme of Ikenga; Ikechukwu Chidubem of Umumbo; S. O. Uche of Ezira; Emeka Ilouno of Ifitedunu and Peter Ikegbunem Udoji of Eziagulu.

Addressing a press conference in Abuja, Igwe Chioke Nwanko of Nawfia, who was flanked by other concerned monarchs, said: “It is also a fact that the tenure of the chairman of the Council Igwe Achaebe had earlier expired upon which he tendered his resignation.

“Whether the state government accepted his resignation or not, he has no locus standi to suspend us especially since his tenure has long expired.

“Following this high handedness and dictatorship, we the concerned traditional rulers of Anambra hereby suspend the chairman of the Anambra state traditional rulers Council , HRH Igwe Alfred Achebe’’.

On their suspension, Igwe Nwanko described it as a nullity and a charade, insisting that they did not committee any offence to warrant suspension.

He said: “We are the concerned traditional rulers from Anambra state who were purportedly suspended for one year by the state government following the recommendations of the state’s council of traditional rulers led by the Obi of Onitsha , Igwe Achaebe. We are here to respond to the nullity and the charade.

“We state categorically that we have not committed any act to warrant being suspended. This is to say the least an abuse of power and high handedness by the Igwe in connivance with the state government that has become increasingly desperate as the Governor Obiano’s administration winds to a close.

“What was wrong about our ‘commendational’ visit to President Mohammadu Buhari on the good things he has been doing for the South East Zone and the Igbos to be precise?’’

https://www.blueprint.ng/crisis-deepens-in-anambra-as-monarchs-suspend-obi-of-onitsha-over-alleged-highhandedness/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by Cleanmindalways: 7:23am On Aug 14, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by Mysticwebb: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2020
Why does Author Eze like sponsoring crises in Anambra?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by Amotolongbo(f): 7:30am On Aug 14, 2020
They are HRM Alex Edozieuno of Mkpunando; Mark-Anthony Okonkwo of Alor; Chukuwma Orji of Ezinifite; G.B.C Mbakwe of Abacha; Chijioke Nwankwo of Nawfa and Nkeli Nelly of Igbarim.
Shey Abacha dey Alaigbo ni?

Biafra will surely be a country of comic activities.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by OneNigerianist: 7:33am On Aug 14, 2020
It feels some people are ignorant of the origin of this whole saga
Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by Cyberterror: 7:56am On Aug 14, 2020
OneNigerianist:
It feels some people are ignorant of the origin of this whole saga
What is the origin?

1 Like

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by Maxymilliano(m): 8:02am On Aug 14, 2020
Greedy lots ...

1 Like

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by Cyberterror: 8:05am On Aug 14, 2020
Mysticwebb:
Hmm. Heard he was the one who influenced the creation of that state by the military junta and he feels a sense of entitlement to control its affairs.

1 Like

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by jlinkd78(m): 8:08am On Aug 14, 2020
Arthur Eze must thread with caution
Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by OneNigerianist: 8:14am On Aug 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
What is the origin?
Obiano has issues with dipolamacy. Both have been having that cold war since at least 2018. This latest escalation is just about who takes over. Obiano and apga support zoning while the traditional rulers backed by athur eze and many other actors do not support zoning. The battle influenced the location of zonal police headquarters to ukpo which obiano lost despite using the "police games" to lobby its location to aguleri. I know Arthur eze has issues with ego and causes trouble, but the present problem is largely caused by the governor. His nepotism is unprecedented, his lack of tact and diplomacy equals none. He has fallen out with his deputy and has been running around to impeach him.

I discovered you are anti Igbo and couldn't have asked in good faith.
Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by CzarChris(m): 8:15am On Aug 14, 2020
Can these so called "elders" stop already? "Igbo enwe Eze" analogy has finally come to bear.

1 Like

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by Cyberterror: 8:19am On Aug 14, 2020
OneNigerianist:
Obiano has issues with dipolamacy. Both have been having that cold war since at least 2018. This latest escalation is just about who takes over. Obiano and apga support zoning while the traditional rulers backed by athur eze and many other actors do not support zoning. The battle influenced the location of zonal police headquarters to ukpo which obiano lost despite using the "police games" to lobby its location to aguleri. I know Arthur eze has issues with ego and causes trouble, but the present problem is largely caused by the governor. His nepotism is unprecedented, his lack of tact and diplomacy equals none. He has fallen out with his deputy and has been running around to impeach him.

This is quite revealing. I think Arthur Eze should be allowed to control the state for peace to reign. The man is very wealthy and has influence in the corridors of power.

2 Likes

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by IDeyNL: 8:24am On Aug 14, 2020
leicestercamper:
[s][/s]

You like spewing rubbish. When shall you open thread about your supreme court governor in your Imo state. That state has suffered in the hands of clownish governors

You yourself know the guy is an Afonja, but to begin your usual Anambra vs 'any Igbo state' fight, you had to bring in an Igbo state.

What is your aim?

1 Like

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by OneNigerianist: 8:25am On Aug 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
This is quite revealing. I think Arthur Eze should be allowed to control the state for peace to reign. The man is very wealthy and has influence in the corridors of power.
I doubt you're real though. I doubt Arthur eze is seeking to control the state. As a matter of fact no single individual can control Anambra, not even the president.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by LaboPolitics: 8:26am On Aug 14, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Shey Abacha dey Alaigbo ni?

Biafra will surely be a country of comic activities.

Have you ever eaten the Igbo food called Abacha? I guess it was Sani Abacha who first prepared it in aso rock, according to your empty yoruba skull.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by Cyberterror: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2020
OneNigerianist:
I doubt you're real though. I doubt Arthur eze is seeking to control the state. As a matter of fact no single individual can control Anambra, not even the president.

Chris Ubah once did. Btw, what is Arthur Eze's intention? He is a business man and businessmen are always driven by crave for profit and domination.
Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by Amotolongbo(f): 8:32am On Aug 14, 2020
LaboPolitics:

Have you ever eaten the Igbo food called Abacha? I guess it was Sani Abacha who first prepared it in aso rock, according to your empty yoruba skull.
The universal award for dumbness belongs to you. Nobody can contend that with you, not even the lunatics roaming the street can beat you to that.

How does “Abacha” I mentioned in the post mean Sani Abacha? Your brain is rotten
Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by LaboPolitics: 8:42am On Aug 14, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The universal award for dumbness belongs to you. Nobody can contend that with you, not even the lunatics roaming the street can beat you to that.

How does “Abacha” I mentioned in the post mean Sani Abacha? Your brain is rotten

You are obviously dumber than a defective door knob. You insinuated that the word 'Abacha' is a borrowed word from hausaland but I pointed to you that it is a word that has been used since the time of the first man in Igboland and different from the hausa name. Taking corrections became a herculean task for your empty skull.

A cross-breed between a bumbling buffoon and a trisomic mongol is what you obviously are.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 14, 2020
carterguccy:
Igbos hate igbos truly!

Fighting and rolling in the mud with a whole OBi!

How man Yoruba Kings are fighting ? Do u want me to start mentioning names ? ...just respect yourself

No wonder your people betrayed abiola and sold him out

3 Likes

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by OPPPS: 8:47am On Aug 14, 2020
This is how they will wake up one day to suspend their Biafra President if ever they get their Biafra agitation

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by OPPPS: 8:49am On Aug 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

How man Yoruba Kings are fighting ? Do u want me to start mentioning names ? ...just respect yourself

No wonder your people betrayed abiola and sold him out
Keep quiet. The thread is not about Abiola, don't derail the thread

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by NGpatriot: 8:51am On Aug 14, 2020
And the plot thickens..

ipob on ipob drama is must see TV.

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by Amotolongbo(f): 8:51am On Aug 14, 2020
LaboPolitics:

[s]You are obviously dumber than a defective door knob. You insinuated that the word 'Abacha' is a borrowed word from hausaland but I pointed to you that it is a word that has been used since time of the first man in Igboland. Taking corrections became a herculean task for your empty skull.

A cross-breed between a bumbling bufoon and a trisomic mongol is what you obviously are. [/s]
Cant you just borrow a brain from the fly or cockroach around you to reply me?

“Shey Abacha dey Alaigbo ni”. How does that statement means that silly thought of yours?

Oh, I can see that you need attention for erect¡on

1 Like

Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
The man dat has bn grabbing people's land from Abagana and Abba community you want make he control Anambra. The man that wanted to plant Tony Nwoye as stooge like Tinubu did to Lagos you want make he control my state! What of the influential billionaire man from Abagana dat was arrested during land tussle with Ukpo over a flimsy allegation nko? Try and read issues b4 you judge
Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by slivertongue: 9:27am On Aug 14, 2020
Mysticwebb:

Arthur eze's antics is aimed at the next election. he wants to secure influence at the villa
Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by solostar1: 9:28am On Aug 14, 2020
Fake News...

Before you know it Nairaland mod will push it to front-page; anything for traffic.
Re: Suspended Anambra Monarchs Hit Back, Suspends The Obi Of Onitsha by slivertongue: 9:29am On Aug 14, 2020
obiano should just dethrone them

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If US says Okonjo isn't qualified, she isn't qualified for WTO / Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland / You’re A Woman From Hell, Fani-kayode’s Wife, Regina Blasts Precious Chikwendu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.