Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out (30617 Views)

Leipzig Reach Champions League Semi-finals And Will Face PSG For Final Spot. / What Ronaldo Couldn't Do Over A Year, Messi Has Done In Just 11 Days / Messi Suffers Worst Ballon D'or Ranking in 11 years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by 21cents: 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
kenzysmith:
this bastards spoil my ticket That atletlico coach is worse than jose very negative fool defending against liezig which is d underdog if i know i for do cash out o

Leipzig underdog how?

you get mind call them underdog when them dey top 3 for bundesliga..

underestimate them at your peril. yesterday's match would've been more devastating for atletico assuming Timo Werner played..
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Minemrys: 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
fuckaholic25:
that's football bro, buh na Bayern I won make e win am coz Lewandowski really tried.
lol, a sentimental syd of me does n0t want bayern to win. It will make them sit 3rd in Ucl ranking with us. 6 times ucl winners with us. I no gbadu am jor. Lol, bt aside that i like munich.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by rawpadgin(m): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Kriss216:
While Manure formed in 80s is still struggling in Europa. Shame on them!

Go Leipzig!!

I'm getting a Leipzig jersey next season.
so u want to compare united with Leipzig abi Well, not surprise cause u clearly know nothing about football......... Man united wasn't formed in the 80's

1 Like

Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by logon599: 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Ray07:
Oga, the bought dani olmo for 30 sumtin mill if am not mistaken.

Ok and who else? Compare that to the squad value of Atleti, Bayern, PSG, Man City and can you see how far below they fall in that regard? Get the general point I'm making rather than pointing out a 30m player for clout sake.

1 Like

Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by TruthDefender(m): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Last week i predicted the semi-finalists and finalists. people thought i was crazy..

Watch and see.

Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by motionarena: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
Martinez39s:
One legged tie can be unforgiving, but it is still fair. Imagine if the knock out ties had been one-legged since 2015. It means Liverpool and AS Roma wouldn't have had their amazing comeback against Barcelona. Wolfsburg would have knocked Madrid out in 2016 with their 2-0 victory in the first leg; PSG would have knocked Barcelona with a 4-0 win in Paris; Barcelona would have knocked out Atletico Madrid in 2016. I could go on. Two legs favours the better team, but a single isn't unfair. Congratulations to RB Leipzig.

Liverpool fans were celebrating Atletico's loss. Yeye people.
useless analysis.

Are u forgetting that there was home advantage in d first leg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by kenzysmith: 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2020
Topmaike007:
leipzig is not an underdog, even Bayern Munich never defeat them this season, so it's wrong to say they are underdog..

Leipzig is a very strong team, if there is second leg they will still defeat Atm...

I just love love that team they barely spoil my team even against big team they never dissapoint..

Red bull for life they are my best club in German Bundesliga..
mr i too know! atlehico that has gone to 2 major ucl final is now age mate with liezig only joa felix and morata money Will buy their whole team. they are more experience and they ve a world class gk in their team with a more experience manager coming against a coach who ve no experience at all. i won't argue with u cause i know u started watching football 12 years ago cheers
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by tfash96(m): 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
DrKlever:
Did you just call the Tottenham of last season common �
What is their champions league legacy?
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Aurelius1(m): 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
NewDelhi:
My only concern is that man City must not win that thing.
You are in for a rude shock. They are winning it !
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by kenzysmith: 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
21cents:

Leipzig underdog how?

you get mind call them underdog when them dey top 3 for bundesliga..

underestimate them at your peril. yesterday's match would've been more devastating for atletico assuming Timo Werner played..
they re underdog they ve an inexperienced team inexperience coach. while atlethico ve jao felix who cost more than d entire liezip team and a word class coach and team dont argue with me
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by wiseone28: 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
krushdripper:
An 11 year old club reaching the UCL semi's is quite a record. For football lovers, the pronounciation is 'Lypzig' not 'Leapzig'.
Thank you for the pronunciation. I heard one anchor on DW sport said same but if you pronounce like that to a Nigerian crowd they will look you like illiterate grin

Even Lesistercity some still pronounce wrongly.

2 Likes

Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Osamagioghowewi(m): 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
NewDelhi:
Baba drop game now abeg
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by earnit1: 2:54pm On Aug 14, 2020
hmmm
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2020
Coldfeets:
Morata could have equalized in the dying minutes of the game but the bad luck wey been dey follow am since im go Chelsea still never leave am.

Dat na why the idiot miss that chance.

Also give the keeper credit too. He rushed out and closed him down quickly.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Dansuqi: 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2020
NewDelhi:

Why? Even Chelsea won it by luck
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by krushdripper(m): 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
sheyitokz:
deir promotion since dey started was very awesome u need to check it
Sure it must have been. I'll check it.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by chukasson(m): 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
dis Leipzig of a team de tap leather.....very fast tiki taka team.....Athleti no fit cope
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by normaman(m): 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
I strongly feel Bayern Munich will win the UCL.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by RTSC: 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:
The better team won, Athletico are anti football, they defend and defend and then hope to cheat their way to score and then defend again.

At the end of the day, football won.
That is their pattern. Cowardly football.

I wonder why they don't get so much condemnation.

At this stage of their existence, they are still playing like that.

It's not as if they are a Small team.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by krushdripper(m): 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
wiseone28:
Thank you for the pronunciation. I heard one anchor on DW sport said same but if you pronounce like that to a Nigerian crowd they will look you like illiterate grin

Even Lesistercity some still pronounce wrongly.
Lol. So many people get Leicester pronounciation wrong too, it's 'Lister' city as the 'Leice' is pronounced as 'Lis'.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Johnjanrt: 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
Angelfrost:

I wasn't surprised one bit... ATM has been in steady decline all season. La Liga has just not been it for me this season!!! No wonder their teams have been messing up in Europe.

Now, only Barcelona is left... I wonder what that aging Messi-centered squad will do against a blistering German side.

Barca boasts of slim chances of pulling the strings against Bayern but even that one can't just write them just yet.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by thesicilian: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Bosch10:
what makes me think you are brodashaggi
grin
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by NewDelhi(m): 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
Dansuqi:

Why? Even Chelsea won it by luck
I hate to hear that nonsense. Chelsea worked for it and not luck. If the club didn't work hard and we're never determined, they wouldn't have won it. So stop saying it was luck, it was hard work and determination.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by AkwaIbomMan(m): 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
WIDETHOUGHT:
Look at how uncritical you're with your analysis, those first winning you mentioned that attracted the comebacks, were all in their respective home playgrounds, if it were to be on neutral soil, all of those matches would have been played differently and would have been different outcomes.
thank you very much for this input.
cc Martinez39s
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Angelfrost(m): 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
Aurelius1:
You are in for a rude shock. They are winning it !

Nothing is sure for now... Bayern, Barcelona, and PSG are all monstrous opponents that can make a mess of Guardiola's team!!!

Let them even get past Lyon first!!! This is football!!! grin

1 Like

Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Angelfrost(m): 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2020
chukasson:
dis Leipzig of a team de tap leather.....very fast tiki taka team.....Athleti no fit cope

Their coach is a top contender for Manager of the year in Europe, as far as I am concerned!!!... He has done wonders with next to nothing!!!

2 Likes

Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by ReeLoaDead(m): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
Cleanmindalways:
This one legged knockout is to some people's advantage
Really? Were Atletico playing defensive because they only know how to attack in Madrid?
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Skmoda360(m): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
Kriss216:
While Manure formed in 80s is still struggling in Europa. Shame on them!

Go Leipzig!!

I'm getting a Leipzig jersey next season.
You no get sense I swear.......
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by izubext007: 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2020
11 year old playing ucl with ease........this is super natural maturity.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by 21cents: 4:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
kenzysmith:
they re underdog they ve an inexperienced team inexperience coach. while atlethico ve jao felix who cost more than d entire liezip team and a word class coach and team dont argue with me
weak!!

you think football is mainly judged by how much you bought your players?? you know nothing bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chieme Martins Slumps, Dies On Pitch While Playing For Nasarawa United / Ronaldo Celebrates 38th Birthday With Family & Friends / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Roma Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.