Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

How I Battled With Coronavirus For Three Weeks – Minister - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Battled With Coronavirus For Three Weeks – Minister (164 Views)

Doctor Treating Italian Man With Coronavirus Doesn't Wear Face Mask, Explains / Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / Chinese Baby Infected With Coronavirus 30 Hours After Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Battled With Coronavirus For Three Weeks – Minister by saintholimykel(m): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2020
Many Nigerians experiencing loss of smell, taste, suggesting spike in COVID-19
COVID-19: Nigerian minister tests negative after three weeks in isolation
Nigerian doctors condemn use of private hospitals for coronavirus management
Coronavirus exposed neglect of basic infrastructure in Nigeria - SGF
Nigeria’s foreign affairs minister, Geoffrey Onyeama, has narrated his experience of battling with the coronavirus infection for three weeks.

Mr Onyeama spoke during the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 press briefing on Thursday.

“First of all. I will love to express my profound gratitude to the PTF and the media for the support I got in the last three weeks. I didn’t work alone because you were checking up on me every single day and keeping my spirit high. I can’t thank you enough further.”

“I have to say that one of the things I was thinking about is that the PTF is like a military high command. It occurred to me that none have been tested positive. Maybe it was a good thing that a member of the team can now speak from experience and not just from hearing. COVID-19 is real. I used to have protection but it did not stop that.”

The minister also spoke on stigmatisation of persons infected with the deadly virus.

“I will like to say that the issue of stigmatisation is nothing to be ashamed of. Anybody can get this virus and it is nothing to fear. It is not a death sentence. In my case, the moment I felt something different on a Friday, I was tested the following day but we don’t have the capacity. I was discussing with the Minister of Health that if people cannot be tested sooner enough, they can recommend some medication. Don’t feel it is anything shameful. Just treat it like any other sickness.”

“I will like to use the opportunity to thank the medical crew in the isolation I was staying and very proud that they are Nigerians. We can be negative on ourselves but for the three weeks in isolation, I cannot speak more highly of our medical crew. The most agreeable. I could even go back there for weekends. I really congratulate them for the work they did.”

PREMIUM TIMES, on Wednesday, reported that Mr Onyeama tested negative for coronavirus after three weeks in isolation.

He was confirmed positive on July 19 after his fourth Covid-19 test. He joined the list of prominent Nigerians who have contracted the virus.

Apart from officials who have tested positive and recovered from the virus, some others have died from complications caused by the virus.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/408741-how-i-battled-with-coronavirus-for-three-weeks-minister.html#
Re: How I Battled With Coronavirus For Three Weeks – Minister by Kennieweb: 11:49am On Aug 14, 2020
saintholimykel:
Many Nigerians experiencing loss of smell, taste, suggesting spike in COVID-19
COVID-19: Nigerian minister tests negative after three weeks in isolation
Nigerian doctors condemn use of private hospitals for coronavirus management
Coronavirus exposed neglect of basic infrastructure in Nigeria - SGF
Nigeria’s foreign affairs minister, Geoffrey Onyeama, has narrated his experience of battling with the coronavirus infection for three weeks.

Mr Onyeama spoke during the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 press briefing on Thursday.

“First of all. I will love to express my profound gratitude to the PTF and the media for the support I got in the last three weeks. I didn’t work alone because you were checking up on me every single day and keeping my spirit high. I can’t thank you enough further.”

“I have to say that one of the things I was thinking about is that the PTF is like a military high command. It occurred to me that none have been tested positive. Maybe it was a good thing that a member of the team can now speak from experience and not just from hearing. COVID-19 is real. I used to have protection but it did not stop that.”

The minister also spoke on stigmatisation of persons infected with the deadly virus.

“I will like to say that the issue of stigmatisation is nothing to be ashamed of. Anybody can get this virus and it is nothing to fear. It is not a death sentence. In my case, the moment I felt something different on a Friday, I was tested the following day but we don’t have the capacity. I was discussing with the Minister of Health that if people cannot be tested sooner enough, they can recommend some medication. Don’t feel it is anything shameful. Just treat it like any other sickness.”

“I will like to use the opportunity to thank the medical crew in the isolation I was staying and very proud that they are Nigerians. We can be negative on ourselves but for the three weeks in isolation, I cannot speak more highly of our medical crew. The most agreeable. I could even go back there for weekends. I really congratulate them for the work they did.”

PREMIUM TIMES, on Wednesday, reported that Mr Onyeama tested negative for coronavirus after three weeks in isolation.

He was confirmed positive on July 19 after his fourth Covid-19 test. He joined the list of prominent Nigerians who have contracted the virus.

Apart from officials who have tested positive and recovered from the virus, some others have died from complications caused by the virus.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/408741-how-i-battled-with-coronavirus-for-three-weeks-minister.html#
Save yourself the stress of going to the market and get Fresh Vegetables,Unadulterated/undiluted palm oil,Original Honey and fish in various types i.e Bonga fish,Crayfish,Stock fish, delivered to your doorstep
Delivery is Worldwide
Place your order now!!�
https:///+2348175123326
# _Delebfoodmart_ng_ -Making food shopping easy

(1) (Reply)

Toothache Or Toothpain Herbal Treatments / My Cryotherapy Experience (complete Video) / New Health Website Launch ; Enter For A Chance To Win ₦30,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.