Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? (38760 Views)

Zimbabwean Wife Stabs Husband For Interrupting Her Sex Session With Her Lovers / Wife Hires Thugs To Beat Husband For Slapping Her, He Dies / Man Charged For Rape After Sucking Lady’s Breasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Muna4real(f): 11:47am On Aug 14, 2020
Is rape only for the unmarried? Or can a woman sue her husband for rape? I'm just asking, is it lawful?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by donbachi(m): 11:57am On Aug 14, 2020
"For dis reason shall a man leave his father and mother and shall cleave unto his wife"..una don become 1,so,sex is the reason..no be rape.

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Muna4real(f): 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
donbachi:
"For dis reason shall a man leave his father and mother and shall cleave unto his wife"..una don become 1,so,sex is the reason..no be rape.

Really? undecided

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by donbachi(m): 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
Muna4real:

Really? undecided
to cleave means to hold tight unto something,adhere closely or firmly..body no be firewood.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by IfeomaRash(f): 12:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hmm complex case. Personally I don't think so. All she has to do is to leave the guy. Rape and domestic violence follow the same pattern

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by gbami(m): 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yes..it is possible to sue but difficult to prove since they are married...Unless there is A camera or A record of the wife saying "No" when she is being raped..

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
Nah, he paid for it undecided,

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by frozen70(f): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
Muna4real:
Is rape only for the unmarried? Or can a woman sue her husband for rape? I'm just asking, is it lawful?

A woman can't sue for rape because it's assumed the marriage has given the man the right to it

Worst case she denys you access

But she can sue for other things that weren't put in place

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Coder2Client(m): 1:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
Muna4real:
Why don't you divorce him instead?

If you feel uncomfortable with sex in marriage the best way to go about it is to divorce him and let him get a woman that is ready to take your place joyfully and let another man who is ready to be sex starved take his place. Simple logic!

292 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Muna4real(f): 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
Miniso:
Nah, he paid for it undecided,

In some tribes, men don't pay bride price. They collect the woman for free. While some women pay the bride price of their men like in India. So that "payment " is not an excuse.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by WonderManly(m): 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
I'm coming...

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by austine4real(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
grin grin

Tsunami ni

Make she go returnt the bride's price

4 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2020
Muna4real:

In some tribes, men don't pay bride price. They collect the woman for free. While some women pay the bride price of their men like in India. So that "payment " is not an excuse.
The outrageous bride price of most tribes in nigeria ehh, the wife should just better be a jack of all trade, money can't go to waste under this buhari administration

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by dbestuncle: 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
In Nigeria today, a woman can not sure her husband for rape. However he can sue him for sexual violence.
Instead of sue for rape because it's more difficult to prove the lack of consent. Sue for divorce based in sexual harrasment.
Muna4real:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by lightangel65i(m): 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
Muna4real:

Nope in nigeria women are sold during marriage as courtesy of bride price. Well if you are more loaded than him you can if you aren't tongue

3 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by lightangel65i(m): 4:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
Muna4real:

Stop using india as an excuse we are in naija for petes sake where bride price reaches up to 10 million, and yes its a big deal parents are selling their daughters as goods, that's why i never liked the practice. But in my place bride price is 50nairA

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by lightangel65i(m): 4:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
IfeomaRash:
Hmm complex case. Personally I don't think so. All she has to do is to leave the guy. Rape and domestic violence follow the same pattern

Me too its better to leave the guy.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Kendumazy(m): 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hmmmmmm. Look at what technology has turned marriage to be. Some senseless hoes who thought social media is the best court to judge rape case instead of police station has given names to sex acts in marriage too. So, we have sex rape in marriage now? Smh. Not sure a court can take up the case sef. If it's that possible, we for done read news of marital rape cases in court on Nairaland Frontpage tire. Just reason am. This is Nigeria not Abroad.

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by dalass(f): 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Codes151(m): 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yes.

Sex isn’t by force.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by SailorUgo(m): 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
angry

I’ll leave y’all with a quote;

Sometimes what we assume to be intelligence, modernity, or a new way Might just be stupidity and confusion of the mind.

By Barrack Obama

9 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
Muna4real:
Yes Muna,
She can.
It is called Marital Rape!

Marital rape is also known as spousal rape,
It is a non-consensual sex in which the perpetrator is the victim's spouse.
It is a form of partner rape, of domestic violence, and of sexual abuse.

GodlyHeart:
Here to learn
There you have it above ma.

Lawyers in the house can shed more light on this from Nigeria law perspective.
Thanks.

Modify:
Some annoying and foolish comments you read on this forum sometimes, make you want to slap some people through the phone.
So because a man paid a woman's bride price gives him the right to rape her anytime he wants?
Na so una sisters husbands dey rape dem?
Foolish rapists everywhere,
Na so dem dey start!

We hit dem with the truths always, no wonder they always go mad.
Nuisances.

Tannhauser:

I may not share your political views always but it has since dawned on me that you are one of the most intelligent chaps on this forum. Kudos.
Sure, everybody can NEVER have the same political affiliation.
That has never happened anywhere in the world,
That has never happened in the history of mankind.
We respect others political affiliation, as long as they don't castigate us for our own.

Thanks for your kind words,
We heard that on a daily basis from sane and reasonable members here.
Glad to still know that we have reasonable, respectful, wise people like you guys on this forum.
Have a great weekend ahead.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by GodlyHeart: 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
Ok
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Lumig: 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
grin Awọn oniyeye, it can only happen if the marriage don tire the woman already, now looking for an escape route.
Besides, who dey tell you say wives no dey rape their husbands too??

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ecolime(m): 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yes

Exactly the same way Barcelona is gonna sue Bayern.

8-2 in a single match is nothing but Rape.

106 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
lightangel65i:

Nope in nigeria women are sold during marriage as courtesy of bride price. Well if you are more loaded than him you can if you aren't tongue

You got it wrong. If your assertion is true, then the minimum bride price to be placed on a lady trained all through to University Level (Public Schools) shouldn't be anything less than N5million, while those trained all through Private Schools shouldn't be less than N10m, and those sent oversees for training shouldn't be less than N20million.

So you can see that you are very wrong. Bride Price is a very significant aspect of marriage rites, and it attest to the fact that the father of the lady truthfully released his daughter to the lineage of the man seeking her hand in marriage, as a wife to their son and a daughter (adopted) to the receiving family (elders).

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Sanchez01: 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
Muna4real:
In Nigeria, no. There is no such thing or anything close to inference on marital rape in the Nigerian constitution.

A woman cannot sue her husband on grounds of rape as far as Nigeria is concerned.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
Occupants of this century are really complicated

4 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by GODSENT253(m): 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
donbachi:
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Camos: 10:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yes.

She gives consent to whoever she chooses.

Na her kitten

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Police Arrest Tolani Yusu 'O Strong’ Gang Leader For Slashing Man's Intestine / Woman Kills Her Co-Tenant’s 2-Year-Old Son In Lagos. Graphic Photos / Policemen Assault Man Who Refused To Unlock His Iphone In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.