Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,511 members, 7,801,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Is It Advisable For Me To Learn Two Languages At A Time As A Beginner? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is It Advisable For Me To Learn Two Languages At A Time As A Beginner? (598 Views)

Would You Recommend Learning 2 Languages At The Same Time? / Is It Adviceable To Learn Two Programming Languages At The Same Time / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable For Me To Learn Two Languages At A Time As A Beginner? by EmdRizy(m): 11:57am On Aug 14, 2020
I am so much interested in programming but I got someone to teach me just recently. I am currently learning Pascal and I want to be a mobile app developer and a web developer but the list of languages I need to know is long. So am thinking of starting with two languages at a time. Is it advisable for me to do that? Can I become very good at those languages if I combine them?
Re: Is It Advisable For Me To Learn Two Languages At A Time As A Beginner? by Coder2Client(m): 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
EmdRizy:
I am so much interested in programming but I got someone to teach me just recently. I am currently learning Pascal and I want to be a mobile app developer and a web developer but the list of languages I need to know is long . So am thinking of starting with two languages at a time. Is it advisable for me to do that? Can I become very good at those languages if I combine them?

You have to define what you actually want to do, mobile app development or web development?
You have to stick with one for now and be really good at it before considering the other.

Stop that pascal right now and face Java or Kotlin for native Android development. Dedicate one year learning for both (core Java or kotlin and Android development).

HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP, python or, c# for web development. This set may take reasonable amount of time to get grounded.

Don't waste your time with pascal.

Enjoy your day.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For Me To Learn Two Languages At A Time As A Beginner? by EmdRizy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
Coder2Client:

You have to define what you actually want to do, mobile app development or web development?
You have to stick with one for now and be really good at it before considering the other.

Stop that pascal right now and face Java or Kotlin for native Android development. Dedicate one year learning for both (core Java or kotlin and Android development).

HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP, python or, c# for web development. This set may take reasonable amount of time to get grounded.

Don't waste your time with pascal.

Enjoy your day.

Thanks alot,,this is helpful
Re: Is It Advisable For Me To Learn Two Languages At A Time As A Beginner? by Karleb(m): 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2020
Stick with a language and make sure it's one of those trending languages in 2020.

Pascal is old o. grin
Re: Is It Advisable For Me To Learn Two Languages At A Time As A Beginner? by EmdRizy(m): 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
Karleb:
Stick with a language and make sure it's one of those trending languages in 2020.

Pascal is old o. grin
Owk,am thinking of switching to Java (mobile app development) or JavaScript (web development)
Re: Is It Advisable For Me To Learn Two Languages At A Time As A Beginner? by Daejoyoung: 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
Who has tried flutter and Dart for mobile?
Re: Is It Advisable For Me To Learn Two Languages At A Time As A Beginner? by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2020
No! Start with one, the learn the others when you need them.

Again, mobile dev and web dev ain't the same and there are a lot of languages to learn in each so pick your choice wisely and get to work.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Composer (PHP) / Payment Gateway Intergration Needed / Check Out The Music Player I Built

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.