Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

My Poultry Diary - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Poultry Diary (3292 Views)

My Poultry Journey... / My Poultry Farming Experience! / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
This thread will serve as my poultry diary.
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
@01.03 pm, the birds have just been vaccinated.

Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
Day 3, it is fun watching those birds, however I felt bad I couldn't save one that I lost on day 2.

Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
The plan was to raise 25broilers, 25 pullets, 4 English turkey, 4 'local' turkey, but the lady I bought from didn't deliver as expected, so I had to make do with the 25 broilers.

The broilers are of the Agrited breed and I got a total number of 26.
Re: My Poultry Diary by solaiphones: 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
Well done i would like to see more of your updates. I’m also into poultry. I have 200 layers in their 5th weeks with no mortality

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2020
The cluster of the birds is not for love or affection, it is for the warmth that company brings.

Wisdom will not sha kill me grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2020
solaiphones:
Well done i would like to see more of your updates. I’m also into poultry. I have 200 layers in their 5th weeks with no mortality

Wonderful!

I'll so love to, but that won't be for long as I have plans to return to base soon. I will have to leave it in the hands of my sibling.
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
Getting involved with this project has effectively reduced the time I have for bullshit and dickmeasuring
Re: My Poultry Diary by Ade4all080(m): 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
Good people of NL I need your help. I want to raise 300 broiler birds but don't know how much will be enough to raise them to 2kg for 6 weeks. Also: would you recommend branded feed or I propound my feeds? if to propound feed how do I go about it? the vaccination process how do I administer it? thanks in anticipation
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2020
Ade4all080:
Good people of NL I need your help.
I want to raise 300 broiler birds but don't know how much
will be enough to raise them to 2kg for 6 weeks.
Also:
would you recommend branded feed or I propound my
feeds?
if to propound feed how do I go about it?
the vaccination process how do I administer it?
thanks in anticipation

Check the thread by @jidestroud, he is more experienced and would better advise you.
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2020
So I lost another bird 2days back, it has had a limp and didn't gain as much weight as others.

I have developed a game I play with my birds; I throw Noddles about and watch them scamper for it.

It also helps me notice if and when there are weaklings among them.

It is hard to believe these were the tiny birds I got days back.
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 10:22pm On Aug 22, 2020
When I started this project, I had nothing in mind other than raising them and keeping myself busy, but a discussion with the woman I bought them from just changed everything.

Now I have plans to brood and sell them off @ week three with her help of course, I hope to restock by next week, all things being equal.
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2020
This is fun so far.

Just took delivery of an additional 51 day old chicks.

Now the watch begins afresh

Re: My Poultry Diary by jidestroud(m): 10:46pm On Sep 01, 2020
mcdokwe:
This is fun so far.

grin
Let me rest in here a little. By the way, hope the first sets are doing great?
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 11:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
jidestroud:

grin
Let me rest in here a little. By the way, hope the first sets are doing great?

Yes sir, I have sold most of them @ 2 weeks plus. They are part of the reason I'm motivated to do more.

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Diary by jidestroud(m): 12:03am On Sep 02, 2020
mcdokwe:

Yes sir, I have sold most of them @ 2 weeks plus. They are part of the reason I'm motivated to do more.
Great!!! cool
Hoping to learn a few things from you.
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 12:15am On Sep 02, 2020
jidestroud:

Great!!! cool
Hoping to learn a few things from you.
Look at this man o, biko dey go make I dey follow you for back
Re: My Poultry Diary by Mnewton(m): 8:11am On Sep 02, 2020
mcdokwe:
This is fun so far.

boss please recommend a seller and how much is 51 birds ?
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2020
Mnewton:
boss please recommend a seller and how much is 51 birds ?

I bought from a seller in umuahia @ 26k I.e 520/ chick and that includes the cost for vaccination.

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Diary by jidestroud(m): 10:51am On Sep 02, 2020
mcdokwe:

I bought from a seller in umuahia @ 26k I.e 520/ chick and that includes the cost for vaccination.
Wow!!! That's quite on the high side. What do you mean by vaccination again if I may ask? or didn't you say they were DOC again? Enlighten me
Re: My Poultry Diary by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2020
jidestroud:

Wow!!! That's quite on the high side. What do you mean by vaccination again if I may ask? or didn't you say they were DOC again? Enlighten me
I guess marek vaccine. However the price of the DOC seems too costly.

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 11:01am On Sep 02, 2020
jidestroud:

Chineke m eh!

The 'lasota' they give them. I compared the price on afrimash website and thought the difference is negligible.

I thought it was expensive too but Wetin I go do as the price comparison I did around umuahia proved hers was cheaper.

I bought the first @490 they said it was agrited tongue embarassed cry
Re: My Poultry Diary by jidestroud(m): 11:22am On Sep 02, 2020
True, there's no rationale behind the exorbitant prices of doc even with the demand. It's just wickedness to me. C'mon, why should the price of any broiler doc be 450 for the love of God!!!! The prices are determined by two gladiators in the hatchery business & we all know what's playing out. It is well oooo.

To crown it all up, you get adulterated birds in place of your original orders. Local hatcheries ain't smiling at all.

I wish you all best of luck, but as for me and myself, we are gradually librating ourselves from the shackles of this unwarranted increment in prices by using. . .

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Diary by jidestroud(m): 11:25am On Sep 02, 2020
mcdokwe:

Chineke m eh!

The 'lasota' they give them. I compared the price on afrimash website and thought the difference is negligible.

I thought it was expensive too but Wetin I go do as the price comparison I did around umuahia proved hers was cheaper.

I bought the first @490 they said it was agrited tongue embarassed cry

Hmmm... Okay. I guess it's fair after all. Let's say you buy from all these online sellers and you have to pay for transportation too. undecided
Re: My Poultry Diary by Fundango: 11:56am On Sep 02, 2020
mcdokwe:

My God,this is too exorbitant
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 1:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
Fundango:

My God,this is too exorbitant

Chai! You people want to make me cry, and to think they hardly agree to pay 900 for a 3 weeks old
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2020
jidestroud:
True, there's no rationale behind the exorbitant prices of doc even with the demand. It's just wickedness to me. C'mon, why should the price of any broiler doc be 450 for the love of God!!!! The prices are determined by two gladiators in the hatchery business & we all know what's playing out. It is well oooo.

To crown it all up, you get adulterated birds in place of your original orders. Local hatcheries ain't smiling at all.

I wish you all best of luck, but as for me and myself, we are gradually librating ourselves from the shackles of this unwarranted increment in prices by using. . .

Biko complete it na... I get, you hatch your eggs yourself. I pray I be like you when I grow.
Re: My Poultry Diary by jidestroud(m): 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
mcdokwe:

Biko complete it na... I get, you hatch your eggs yourself. I pray I be like you when I grow.
Lol grin
I was going to saying; . . . local birds as my next project. Time to explore their uniqueness.
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
That's a nice area too. Because of you, I even decided to try cockerels. I also ordered a carton from afrimash @3500. Hoping to take delivery on Friday.�
Re: My Poultry Diary by jidestroud(m): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
mcdokwe:
That's a nice area too. Because of you, I even decided to try cockerels. I also ordered a carton from afrimash @3500. Hoping to take delivery in Friday.�
Did you just say cocke.... Tah!!!
Nevertheless, it's all about the targeted market.
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
jidestroud:

Did you just say cocke.... Tah!!!
Nevertheless, it's all about the targeted market.
lol, no be chicken? I say e cheap make I just gamble... My tummy na good market if I no see sell o

2 Likes

Re: My Poultry Diary by jidestroud(m): 7:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
mcdokwe:
lol, no be chicken? I say e cheap make I just gamble... My tummy na good market if I no see sell o

Cockerel na native foul na grin cheesy

All the best boss. God's speed on your cockerel addition to your pen. By the way, I still consider N3,500 for those things on the high side.

Don't worry, I just may help you with tips to help with their feeding to cut down cost when the time arises. Cockerel na brain oooo. (Annoying birds angry )

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 3weeks Broiler Now Weights 0.7kg (with Pics) / Updated Rate For Foodstuff Export / 450k/acre 200 Acres Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.