Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government (66750 Views)

Juju Calabash & Ritual Sponges Found In Demolished Lagos Mansion (video) / Cost of building 4 bedrooms duplex and expected cost of Architect supervision / School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by authority2006(m): 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
tonididdy:

Would you stand by these words of yours, if the house in question belonged to your father?

But the only place you can fight government and win is the court. Resulting to self help against the government will only get you into trouble my friend.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by maafen: 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
smallsmall:

Na Ibo man now, what do you expect? grin grin
The foolish man was Chest-beating and claiming he is ready to fight the Government to a standstill!
Now, those Fulani in Buhari's Govt who have an axe to grind against Ndigbo, will use him for Suya, just hear what the Aviation Minister said already, like say if na Northerner they will not invite him for "discussion".
If the man is senseless in demolishing Govt fence, must Govt Aviation Minister also be senseless in demolishing his house or is it because he is Igbo?

One thing no one has mentioned is: What exactly was the original problem, how did the Govt encroach on his land in the first place?
undecided

There was a case concerning the land in court some years ago between the man and FAAN which the man won and FAAN was asked to vacate the land for the man and FAAN duly obeyed, the fast foreward to now, Govt through Min. of Aviation decided to expand the airport and the expansion encourached into the said land. The man then felt it incumbent to act and the result is what is evicent today. Many people were disposed of their land not only the man.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by authority2006(m): 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Wait. Are they demolishing his property because it is an illegal structure, or out of revenge?

That government can destroy you if it wishes to.

1 Like

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Vatod(m): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
GamalNasser:

Should the govt be behaving like touts ?
I wonder oh, this is jungle justice!
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Vatod(m): 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
[quote author=JAMO84 post=92815890]Should citizens be behaving like lunatics?

Then why did we have court!!!
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by authority2006(m): 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
Focusmind:
Most renowned architects and lawyers behaves like the man in question. They always feel they are above the law. However, the government shouldn't have brought down the house in this manner. He should have been arrested and forced to cough out huge sums as compensation to FG for trespassing .

FG doesn't need his money as compensation. They promised to make him a scapegoat to serve as future lesson for others. They just wanted to destroy him. I'm sure that it won't end with demolition alone, confiscation and withdrawal of c of o will follow

1 Like

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Dtruthspeaker: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
CRAZY! A citizen or a person commits a wrong or may have committed a wrong then the Government goes responds by conversely doing its own Wrong too!

We have returned to dark ages when Power Rules!
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Dtruthspeaker: 9:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
authority2006:

That government can destroy you if it wishes to.

And you agree with it?

No wahala, sars, police, DSS are coming to destroy you too
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by xbit: 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2020
when he took laws into his own hand he wasn't barbaric abi? n a e use e hand go carry honey cub so mk e enjoy d stings
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Perfecttouchade: 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2020
Call us for t aluminium windows, railings, casement, casement burglary embedded, sliding etc 08153665659whatsapp

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by authority2006(m): 9:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

And you agree with it?

No wahala, sars, police, DSS are coming to destroy you too

Yeah, that's no curse my friend. Anyone, you or me who destroys government properties will be destroyed by the government if it wishes to. No one formed Van Dam against the government and won
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Amotolongbo(f): 10:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
AustineJohn908:
How can Fg compare State govt to revoke C of O if state doesn't want to. please enlighten me
everything is politics in Nigeria. And anything is possible here
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by EMMY76: 10:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
conductor266:

The man forged judgement. He took himself to court and won himself, then took police to court for not enforcing the judgement and got judgement same day. The judge that gave the fake judgement is in big trouble. The man himself is wanted for previous unanswered crimes and for breach of national security.

For the person talking blah blah blah below, keep saying what you don't know. If you see the so-called documents he got from court you will weep for Nigerian judiciary systm. So many irregularities and other things. For example he got the judgement for an area and was executing the judgement in another area. The court judgement is so vague and doesn't contain beacon numbers or well-described address of the said place.

The NJC has already started making enquiries on the judge.

Can u imagine Some of our Igbo brothers do have mind oh.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by EMMY76: 10:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
conductor266:

The man forged judgement. He took himself to court and won himself, then took police to court for not enforcing the judgement and got judgement same day. The judge that gave the fake judgement is in big trouble. The man himself is wanted for previous unanswered crimes and for breach of national security.

For the person talking blah blah blah below, keep saying what you don't know. If you see the so-called documents he got from court you will weep for Nigerian judiciary systm. So many irregularities and other things. For example he got the judgement for an area and was executing the judgement in another area. The court judgement is so vague and doesn't contain beacon numbers or well-described address of the said place.

The NJC has already started making enquiries on the judge.

Can u imagine Some of our Igbo brothers really have mind oh.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by toscolee(m): 10:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
EVILFOREST:

I dey tell you.
PATIENCE is not WEAKNESS.
His WIFE must have called him a WEAKLING for not putting up a Fight.
Now they will all SLEEP outside.
I heard they will be going to his VILLAGE to demolish the one there too.
These are people causing problems in the South East. Always ACTING without Thinking.
Is WALKING AWAY now a crime or bad omen....?

Eyaa.....
His village house?
It's too much na.

Walking away from a fight in the presence of your woman is a tough decision to make.
Dem no dey happy.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by SirBunky85(m): 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2020
GamalNasser:

Should the govt be behaving like touts ?
stupid cum silly questions
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by SirBunky85(m): 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
JAMO84:
Should citizens be behaving like lunatics?
pls don't mind the efulefu u just quoted
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by GamalNasser: 11:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
SirBunky85:
stupid cum silly questions

Sir Bunky you don't want to have sense ko? Only you supports abuse of rule of law all the time
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by hardbody: 11:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Lexusgs430:
He wants to fight with government......... tongue

Smoking expired weed is not good........ grin

This saying that no one can fight with government actually irks me. So government (which by the way is nebulous) has a right to perpetuate illegality just because it is government? As they say, in saner climes, you can contest with government, take your matter to court, get judgement and get the government to obey. This comment about the infallibility of government begs the question as to whether government is always right , which i honestly do not think is correct, well except in Nigeria.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Lexusgs430: 11:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
hardbody:

This saying that no one can fight with government actually irks me. So government (which by the way is nebulous) has a right to perpetuate illegality just because it is government? As they say, in saner climes, you can contest with government, take your matter to court, get judgement and get the government to obey. This comment about the infallibility of government begs the question as to whether government is always right , which i honestly do not think is correct, well except in Nigeria.

You want to fight a government that blatantly flaunts rule of law, ignores laws, draws up laws to oppress etc etc ?......

Goodluck ó....... grin

2 Likes

Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by nogragra: 11:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
GamalNasser:

Source : https://www.channelstv.com/2020/08/14/house-of-architect-who-demolished-enugu-airport-fence-destroyed/amp/
It's official,. Nigeria is now a banana Republic. Lawlessness everywhere.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by zoedew: 11:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
Amotolongbo:
This is the most stupid thing to do. Demolishing the government’s property, claiming encroachment into your land/property.

The property he claims to have is not his, he is only occupying the land cos the Land Use Act of 1978 has placed all land within a state in the hand of the State Government (apart from the mining site). His Certificate of Occupancy can be withdrawn, revoking his right to the land.

His stupidity can make him lose his property and even go to jail, cos the state government can be compelled by the federal government to revoke his CofO.
It is always good to apply wisdom in all we do. He could have find a way to resolve the issue by demanding for compensation for the land encroached or litigate and resign to fate on any outcome from the court.

Ignorantia juris neminem non excusat! Next time seek legal advise!!
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by stonedlive(m): 12:03am On Aug 15, 2020
for those defending the actions of the government officials.. i ask this question..should they not by their actions show that they respect the rule of law.. are there not laid down legal procedures for seeking redress whether it be a citizen or a group of citizens transgressing.. their actions has shown that there is really no one obeying the so-called rule of law. the constitution that places them directly/indirectly in their lofty positions is also the same constitution that stipulates how to handle all issues that concerns wrongdoing.. everyone is justifying their response to this mans misbehavior , so I boldly ask..are we now in a banana republic where any body can do whatever they like as long as they feel shielded and protected by power or govt authority. the proper thing should have been to institute legal proceedings against the man and let the court decide his fate..this is a sad commentary on what this country has turned into...tufiakwa...
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Mrflyguy: 12:17am On Aug 15, 2020
tonididdy:

Would you stand by these words of yours, if the house in question belonged to your father?

His father can never be that stupid.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by redsun(m): 12:30am On Aug 15, 2020
swiz123:
Good riddance.

There are better ways to claim ownership of landed property than destroying your government's fence. His bravery is outright foolishness.

Seizing his house would give him hope, but this demolition simply means that he tasted from his own tea.

The poetic justice metted out on him is highly commendable

I think it is sheer lawlessness both sides. And society can't function properly like that.
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by hardbody: 12:33am On Aug 15, 2020
Lexusgs430:

You want to fight a government that blatantly flaunts rule of law, ignores laws, draws up laws to oppress etc etc ?......

Goodluck ó....... grin

My brother I am learning to be humble ooo....

...even when my right is being trampled....we do not seem to have a choice....at least in Nigeria
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Feadalezchicken: 1:05am On Aug 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:
This is the most stupid thing to do. Demolishing the government’s property, claiming encroachment into your land/property.

The property he claims to have is not his, he is only occupying the land cos the Land Use Act of 1978 has placed all land within a state in the hand of the State Government (apart from the mining site). His Certificate of Occupancy can be withdrawn, revoking his right to the land.

His stupidity can make him lose his property and even go to jail, cos the state government can be compelled by the federal government to revoke his CofO.
It is always good to apply wisdom in all we do. He could have find a way to resolve the issue by demanding for compensation for the land encroached or litigate and resign to fate on any outcome from the court.
oga! shut up, hear his own side of the story first. soo do you think you know more about land ownership better than the architect in question?
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 15, 2020
dheilaw1:
please remind me the English name of that small animal

They said it's a Honey Badger
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by Lexusgs430: 1:21am On Aug 15, 2020
hardbody:

My brother I am learning to be humble ooo....

...even when my right is being trampled....we do not seem to have a choice....at least in Nigeria

That architect should have known better......... Fighting for a land, we would leave on earth, is the start of insanity and stubborn head............ wink
Re: House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government by davillian(m): 2:08am On Aug 15, 2020
From my own point of view
The government should not behave this way.
Even if everyone in the country behaves like animals
The government should be sane.
The man should be arrested and charged to court

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bella Disu Completes Luxurious High Rise Complex (Pictures) / Lagos Gas Tanker Explosion, Many Injured (Very Graphic Photos, Video) / How Much Can Raise A Decent Room And Parlour Self Contain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.