Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex (936 Views)

Was Matthew 28 VS 19 Altered By The Catholic Church? / Why Did The Bible Not Continue After The Book Of Revelations? / WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by safepaulooo(m): 8:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
PSALM 146 : 4

Bertrand Russell said "I think therefore I exist". This profound statement shows that our active thought process is proof that we exist and when that thinking process stops we cease to exist. An INCONTROVERTIBLE FACT!

Psalms 146 vs 4 says when a man dies, his THOUGHTS PERISH. That scripture thus helps us understand that when a man dies he ceases to exist; in other words WE GO INTO INEXISTENCE WHEN WE DIE. We don't TRANSIT into the spirit realm to continue living either with God in heaven or suffering torment in hellfire. For if that were the case, our thoughts will still be active and not perish. The idea of TRANSITING into the spirit realm to continue life in bliss or torment can only hold true if our thought process continues after death. But Psalm 146 vs 4 explains otherwise.

So at death therefore, we SIMPLY CEASE TO EXIST because our THOUGHTS PERISH. The only way for us to live again after death is if we are resurrected by God and that is a gift he gives to only those who please him before death and those who die ignorantly displeasing God (given a second chance due to God's JUSTICE) Acts 24 vs 15.

This explains why Romans 6 vs 23 says that the wages of sin is death. Death, which really is a RETURN TO INEXISTENCE (where we all came from) is the real reward and punishment for deliberately sinning against God. But if we please him, he rewards us with endless life to be enjoyed. Endless life is a gift only meant to be enjoyed; not to suffer torment.

GENESIS 3 VS 19

It becomes easy to understand the sentence of death which God pronounced on Adam and Eve after they disobeyed as found in Gen 3 vs 19. "Dust you are and to dust you will RETURN" The word RETURN shows that they were to go back to their condition before being created and that is INEXISTENCE. Adam and Eve were not existing anywhere before being created and after they disobeyed, God sentenced them to RETURN to that condition of inexistence. DEATH the sentence for mankind is simply a RETURN TO INEXISTENCE. That is the ultimate reward for deliberate sin against God even as Rom. 6 vs 23 emphasizes that the wages of sin is death - a forfeiture of the gift of life and a RETURN to inexistence. Only those in God''s memory can come back to live again by way of a resurrection.

JOB 14 VS 14

The righteous man Job understood that the dead go into inexistence and do not exist anywhere until God resurrects them IF THEY QUALIFY. Hence he stated at Job 14 vs 14 "if a man dies can he live again? I WILL WAIT ALL THE DAYS OF MY COMPULSORY SERVICE UNTIL MY RELIEF COMES". The relief he was referring to is the resurrection which God will perform at his due time. Job was willing to WAIT in inexistence as a compulsory service knowing that having pleased God his relief would eventually come by way of a resurrection back to life from INEXISTENCE. There wouldn't be any WAITING if he as a righteous man continued life in heaven immediately after death as popular opinion today would have us believe. That certainly was not the case. So the fact remains that all who die go into INEXISTENCE but only the righteous will live again by means of a resurrection and like Job will have to WAIT in inexistence until God's due time. The wicked who don't qualify for a resurrection do not WAIT, rather they remain inexistent eternally as their punishment. THAT WHICH DOES NOT EXIST CANNOT SUFFER PAIN OR TORTURE.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
Peter, the apostle, warned people about ALL MOGs (False Prophets and Teachers), from about 2000 years ago.

2 Peter 2 vs 1-7 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. In the past there were false prophets among God’s people. It is the same now. You will have some false teachers in your group. They will teach things that are wrong—ideas that will cause people to be lost. And they will teach in a way that will be hard for you to see that they are wrong. They will even refuse to follow the Master who bought their freedom. And so they will quickly destroy themselves.
2. Many people will follow them in the morally wrong things they do. And because of them, others will say bad things about the way of truth we follow.
3. These false teachers only want your money. So they will use you by telling you things that are not true. But the judgment against these false teachers has been ready for a long time. And they will not escape God who will destroy them.

4. When angels sinned, God did not let them go free without punishment. He sent them to hell. He put those angels in caves of darkness, where they are being held until the time when God will judge them.

5. And God punished the evil people who lived long ago. He brought a flood to the world that was full of people who were against God. But he saved Noah and seven other people with him. Noah was a man who told people about living right.

6. God also punished the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. He burned them until there was nothing left but ashes. He used those cities as an example of what will happen to people who are against God.
7. But he saved Lot, a good man who lived there. Lot was greatly troubled by the morally bad lives of those evil people. 8 This good man lived with those evil people every day, and his good heart was hurt by the evil things he saw and heard.
What peter said is indeed what we see happening here and now. Because of the AntiChrists also called MOGs, the world does not view Jesus Christ in a good light at all. You simply mention that you believe in the God of the Bible, and almost immediately you see the detest in their looks... nothing to do with persecution at all. No, they have become wary of those who claim to be Christians. The world is tired of the lies and deceit of MOGs - the hypocrisy that is claimed and justified in the name of God.

These MOGs are the Antichrists as they have set themselves up as Masters over Jesus Christ's flock, pretending to be Teachers in His place.

Their doctrines and traditions are twisted representations of the teachings of Jesus Christ, and in many cases many are deceived and led away from the Truth of Jesus Christ as a result.

They sit themselves in the place of God in the minds of His own sheep and they steal, kill and destroy, for their own pleasure and kingdoms, that which God has planned for those who are His. And they do all of this in the name of God.
MOGs are the false prophets that Jesus Christ warned His followers to beware of. These are the antichrists that the apostles spoke of even during their days.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by safepaulooo(m): 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
People were burnt to death for their efforts to translate the bible and spread truth, they were branded as heretics.

Same satanic practice continues even in this 21st century.

People must be allowed to read and evaluate for themselves what the bible says without undue obstruction.

The truth must be told with resounding reverberance - THAT WHICH DOES NOT EXIST CANNOT SUFFER PAIN OR TORTURE

1 Like

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
This is the Word of The Lord

JOB19:26,27
26And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

LUKE20:37,38
(Jesus speaking)
Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him .

{Matthew 13:41, 42,43}
(Explaining the true meaning of a parable to His disciples, Jesus said)
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."

The Book of Revelation (the last book of the Bible) will make it clearer.

1 Like

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Missyajoke(f): 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
I don't know ohh but all I know is that after death comes judgement. Didnt read about reincarnation in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
NO! Resurrection is the only thing that brings people back to life, at death Adam return to non-existence. That's what happens to the dead! smiley
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 9:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
Maximus69:
NO! Resurrection is the only thing that brings people back to life, at death Adam return to non-existence. That's what happens to the dead! smiley

while that is naturally true, it's not so spiritually.
Abraham is in heaven. Now.

1 Like

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2020
Csonice1:

while that is naturally true, it's not so spiritually.
Abraham is in heaven. Now.

Abraham have no business with heaven, he can never get there and nothing can ever take Abraham to heaven! smiley
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
Missyajoke:
I don't know ohh but all I know is that after death comes judgement. Didnt read about reincarnation in the bible.

Yes, after death comes judgement.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Missyajoke(f): 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2020
Csonice1:

All these are mysteries that only God can unravel.

1 Like

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
Maximus69:

Abraham have no business with heaven, he can never get there and nothing can ever take Abraham to heaven! smiley
Now you've got me wondering whose report (word) I should believe: your word or Word of the Lord?

Matthew 8:11
"And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven."

Moreover, Does your Bible not end in Revelations?: if it does, check it out.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
Csonice1:

Death is the ultimate judgment nothing is coming afterwards {Romans 6:7} the statement "after death comes judgment" has a deeper meaning.

Abraham is dead and the only hope is a resurrection from the dead! smiley
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by JustAskingYou(m): 9:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
Please, substantiate your assertion. Why did you say so?

Maximus69:

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
Csonice1:

Now you've got me wondering whose report (word) I should believe: your word or Word of the Lord?

Matthew 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Does your Bible not end in Revelations?: if it does, check it out.

Jesus spoke the bolded in PARABLES not literal!

He specifically said "of all those born by women none is greater than John the baptist, yet the least in the kingdom of God is greater than John"
So John is greater than all those born by women (meaning John is greater than Abraham) and if John is not qualified to be there definitely Abraham can't be there! smiley
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
Maximus69:

Death is the ultimate judgment nothing is coming afterwards {Romans 6:7} the statement "after death comes judgment" has a deeper meaning.

Abraham is dead and the only hope is a resurrection from the dead! smiley

while you are giving me your opinion, the souls of the matyrrs (killed because of the gospel) are crying for vengeance in heaven and a white robe was given them and they were comforted until the completion of the matyrrs
; while you're typing, praises are going on in heaven.
And while you are doubting ( the report of Christ), The Word of God remains Faithful.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
JustAskingYou:
Please, substantiate your assertion. Why did you say so?

Going to heaven is not God's plan for anyone, it's Jesus that made that promise to his followers who will rule with him "in my father's house there are many mansions, if not i won't promise you, i'm good to prepare a place for you so that where i am you too may be" John 14:1-4

Before Jesus there was nothing like preparation in heaven for anyone, all those who lived before Jesus have the hope of a resurrection back to the earth! Psalms 37:7-11,29; Proverbs 2:20-22; Isaiah 65:21-23

So those going to heaven will be selected from amongst the followers of Jesus and it's not even Jesus that's going to select them but God! Matthew 20:20-23 smiley
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
Csonice1:

while you are giving me your opinion, the souls of the matyrrs (killed because of the gospel) are crying for vengeance in heaven and a white robe was given them and they were comforted until the completion of the matyrrs
; while you're typing, praises are going on in heaven.
And while you are doubting ( the report of Christ), The Word of God remains Faithful.

I'm not doubting the fact that humans will be transformed to go and reign with the Lord Jesus Christ in heaven, what i'm telling you is "Abraham is not one of them" none of those who lived before Jesus is qualified for heavenly life! smiley
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 9:59pm On Aug 14, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus spoke the bolded in PARABLES not literal!

He specifically said "of all those born by women none is greater than John the baptist, yet the least in the kingdom of God is greater than John"
So John is greater than all those born by women (meaning John is greater than Abraham) and if John is not qualified to be there definitely Abraham can't be there! smiley

What?
parable? who taught you that?

you know what?
Those who truly study the scriptures will see that you don't really know what you are even talking about.
I wish there were a more modest way to say that.

let me establish this before I proceed:
John preached the baptism of repentance: not actually the law of Moses, Abraham was not under the law, he was justified through faith.

No one before the death of Christ could have access into His Authority. they prayed and did everything in their own names. John, a mysterious man
-a man more than a prophet - came to make the way and to make Jesus known( he wasn't even under the law: the Pharisees thought that something was wrong with him; and the Bible clearly says he was also Elijah).

Now, when Christ died, we were no longer servants but Sons of God: having the Authority of Christ. Not even the angels have that much authority ( humbly speaking)

Why then do you think that we pray in a name that seems as if it doesn't belong to us( the name of Jesus)?: it belongs to us!
We are the body of Christ!

"if ye be Christ's , then are ye Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise"
GALATIANS3:29

1 Like

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
Csonice1:

What?
parable? who taught you that?

you know what?
Those who truly study the scriptures will see that you don't really know what you are even talking about.
I wish there were a more modest way to say that.

let me establish this before I proceed:
John preached the baptism of repentance: not actually the law of Moses, Abraham was not under the law, he was justified through faith.

No one before the death of Christ could have access into His Authority. they prayed and did everything in their own names. Now, when Christ died, we were no longer servants but Sons of God: having the Authority of Christ. Not even the angels have that much authority ( humbly speaking)

Why then do you think that we pray in a name that seems as if it doesn't belong to us( the name of Jesus)?: it belongs to us!
We are the body of Christ!

"if ye be Christ's , then are ye Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise"
GALATIANS3:29

So where did the scriptures say Abraham went to heaven? smiley

Well for your information, heaven belongs only to the Born Again and the first set of Born Again were Chosen after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Jesus said unless you are Born of water and Spirit, and none of those who lived before Jesus had that privileged because those going to heaven have a responsibility which is to rule with Jesus, and there was no training for this not until when Jesus himself came and began teaching people how to rule in God's kingdom.
Abraham and others lived all there lives hoping to see the Christ who will teach people this things but they never had the opportunity of seeing him! So don't be surprised, Abraham will never be in heaven, the only hope Abraham had is a resurrection back to life on planet earth! smiley
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 10:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
Maximus69:

So where did the scriptures say Abraham went to heaven? smiley

Well for your information, heaven belongs only to the Born Again and the first set of Born Again were Chosen after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Jesus said unless you are Born of water and Spirit, and none of those who lived before Jesus had that privileged because those going to heaven have a responsibility which is to rule with Jesus, and there was no training for this not until when Jesus himself came and began teaching people how to rule in God's kingdom.
Abraham and others lived all there lives hoping to see the Christ who will teach people this things but they never had the opportunity of seeing him! So don't be surprised, Abraham will never be in heaven, the only hope Abraham had is a resurrection back to life on planet earth! smiley

Behold a man full of unbiblical assumptions. you never cease to amaze me with your opinion:
I really think I've said what I need to say: for them who desire to know the truth.

PONDER ON THIS:
1 Peter 4:5,6
"(the Church)Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick(living) and the dead(out of the body).
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

Good night.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
Csonice1:

Behold a man full of unbiblical assumptions. you never cease to amaze me with your opinion:
I really think I've said what I need to say: for them who desire to know the truth.

PONDER ON THIS:
1 Peter 4:5,6
"(the Church)Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick(living) and the dead(out of the body).
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

Good night.

Thanks for your quotations Sir!

Abraham is not in heaven and will never go to heaven!

Good night! smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by safepaulooo(m): 12:13am On Aug 15, 2020
John 3 vs 13 Jesus says "No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven - the son of man." With those words Christ showed clearly that Abraham (and indeed all faithful servants of God before Christ died) did not go to heaven when they died. Just like Job stated as explained earlier, they WAIT IN INEXISTENCE until when God resurrects them from INEXISTENCE back to life on earth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by safepaulooo(m): 9:18am On Aug 15, 2020
Falsehood has held sway for far too long that it now seems to be the truth. Any contradiction to such falsehood is seen as the falsehood. Really Ironical. However truth like light cannot be hidden or suppressed indefinitely, it will surely shine because God causes it to shine at his due time. Hey you lovers of truth, behold the exposure of LONG HELD FALSEHOODS and the bright shining of truth for well over a century now. Dig into the scriptures, re-examine every long held beliefs and practices. Be liberated, for this world's end is upon us. Read Daniel 12 vs 4, 9, 10.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by sonmvayina(m): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2020
Life and death are one and the same thing.. Death is just an illusion.. Just a change of world..

This physical body was created as an abode for the spirit.. At death it returns to default..

1 Like

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by safepaulooo(m): 9:46am On Aug 15, 2020
One of such LONG HELD VIEWS...."Just a change of world". Well, agreed at death we return to DEFAULT which I call INEXISTENCE.

Gen 2 vs 7 says God blew the BREATH OF LIFE into the nostrils after forming with dust and he became a living person or soul. Eccl 12 vs 7 says when we die the dust returns back to the ground where it came from and the SPIRIT (called BREATH OF LIFE IN Gen 2 vs7) returns to the true God who GAVE it. In order words the SPIRIT in us is the BREATH OF LIFE from God. It can also be referred to as the POWER OF LIFE. It is NOT A CONSCIOUS ENTITY THAT THINKS. It came from God and returns back to him when we die. Even all animals have same (Read Eccl 3 vs 18 -20). In essence we RETURN back to how we were before being created. So ask yourself truth lover, where were you 200 years ago? That is what you RETURN to immediately after death, INEXISTENCE.

THAT WHICH DOES NOT EXIST CANNOT SUFFER PAIN OR TORTURE.

sonmvayina:
Life and death are one and the same thing.. Death is just an illusion.. Just a change of world..

This physical body was created as an abode for the spirit.. At death it returns to default..

1 Like

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by sonmvayina(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2020
safepaulooo:
One of such LONG HELD VIEWS...."Just a change of world". Well, agreed at death we return to DEFAULT which I call INEXISTENCE.

Gen 2 vs 7 says God blew the BREATH OF LIFE into the nostrils after forming with dust and he became a living person or soul. Eccl 12 vs 7 says when we die the dust returns back to the ground where it came from and the SPIRIT (called BREATH OF LIFE IN Gen 2 vs7) returns to the true God who GAVE it. In order words the SPIRIT in us is the BREATH OF LIFE from God. It can also be referred to as the POWER OF LIFE. It is NOT A CONSCIOUS ENTITY THAT THINKS. It came from God and returns back to him when we die. Even all animals have same (Read Eccl 3 vs 18 -20). In essence we RETURN back to how we were before being created. So ask yourself truth lover, where were you 200 years ago? That is what you RETURN to immediately after death, INEXISTENCE.

A knower spotted.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by sonmvayina(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2020
safepaulooo:

A man of knowledge spotted.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by joyandfaith: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
Csonice1:

after death then resurrection, followed by final judgement
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by joyandfaith: 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
safepaulooo:

yes, nothing likes immortality of soul. nothing like hellfire. death is condition of non-existence.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
joyandfaith:

after death then resurrection, followed by final judgement

The wisdom of God is profound; His dexterity finds out every detail about every soul in existence, when a man is out of the body (dead), God's wisdom allocates to him the fruits of his labour on Earth. Some to heaven others to hell. However, there are dispensations.

According to the Revelation that was given to John,
Even before the first trumpet sounds something happened (remember that the last Trump is the seventh):

Revelation 6:9-11
"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on THEM THAT DWELL ON THE EARTH?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren ( who are still alive on Earth), that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled."

Peter has this to say:
1 Peter 4:5&6
"(The Church)...shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead (out of the body), that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

At The final Judgement;
Revelation 20:11-15
"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

From these scriptures, make your conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by safepaulooo(m): 5:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
Lol. You skipped verse 14. Go back there and explain how "DEATH AND HELL IS CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE". Then explain what is second death.

Csonice1:

The wisdom of God is profound; His dexterity finds out every detail about every soul in existence, when a man is out of the body (dead), God's wisdom allocates to him the fruits of his labour on Earth. Some to heaven others to hell. However, there are dispensations.

According to the Revelation that was given to John,
Even before the first trumpet sounds something happened (remember that the last Trump is the seventh):

Revelation 6:9-11
"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on THEM THAT DWELL ON THE EARTH?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren ( who are still alive on Earth), that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled."

Peter has this to say:
1 Peter 4:5&6
"(The Church)...shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead (out of the body), that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

At The final Judgement;
Revelation 20:11-15
"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

From these scriptures, make your conclusion.
Re: Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex by Csonice1: 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
safepaulooo:
Lol. You skipped verse 14. Go back there and explain how "DEATH AND HELL IS CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE". Then explain what is second death.

The second death: the death of the final Judgement: is the lake of fire. Having a sorer(worse) punishment than death and hell. It's just like taking two countries (and their respective ambassadors/messengers/spirits) and throwing them into a continent: forever

(1) (2) (Reply)

Curse Of Ham, The Greatest Lie Ever Told. / Fr. Mbaka Defies Bishop Onaga’s Order, Cries Out Over DSS Invitation / ....Thread Closed....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.