Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics (44745 Views)

Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle / Nigeria's Airport Revolution In Pics / An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by cyrilamx(m): 8:22am On Aug 15, 2020
winterfell007:

To be very frank, it was GEJ's government that actually secured the loans for the railway modernisation program from China to execute the masterplan as intended by the OBJ administration.
It was the same GEJ who also secured loans for the construction of the Zungeru Hydro Power plant. Even Buhari acknowledged his efforts and renamed a train station in his honor. You can talk about train modernisation without mentioning Goodluck. That would be an error in history
Now you claiming Gej secured the loans from China, but few days ago many of u were up in arms against PMB for "giving out our sovereignty" to China as a result of the said loans. hmmm

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by anonimi: 8:22am On Aug 15, 2020
Rossikk:
21st century Nigerians....This generation will enjoy the new Nigeria

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3915846_lotp2_jpeg4eddd3b28f5387280c8f4df4561653c7

Have you seen the primary schools that are supposed to be in 21st century Nigeria?
If you have seen them and you did not weep, then you must have a heart of stone. Is that what you have?

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by RTSC: 8:26am On Aug 15, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

The loans are not worth it. Why borrow more than 500m usd with interest for 20 years. Negotiations should have been. trade by barter.

I.e. build us Railway line, and we will pay you with 1m barrels of crude oil every month for 12 months etc.

Considering when the loan was taken years ago, Crude oil was about 60usd per barrel. At 12 months thats 720m.

Nigeria's project finance should be substituted with trade by barter rather than expensive loans.
China offered us something like this years ago.

They offered to build the roads in the whole country in exchange for 2-3 years free oil.

Nigeria rejected it.

That deal in hindsight would have been very good.

China would not accept that same deal today.

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by adanny01(m): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2020
delpee:
Thanks to GEJ for the initiative and a lot of work done.
Thanks to PMB for continuity.
A big plus for the nation.

Pls don't start what you can't finish. What about Obj and Yaradua. Do you know what they did on these projects?

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by asanwafo: 8:28am On Aug 15, 2020
Rossikk:

Keep lying to yourself.

''Former President Goodluck Jonathan has lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for making the completion of projects initiated by the previous administrations a policy, saying it is the way to go..''

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/07/22/jonathan-lauds-buhari-over-completion-of-projects/
Think while reading. He was not a saying PMB did not do well. He wss only making a mockery post he quoted

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by RTSC: 8:28am On Aug 15, 2020
cyrilamx:
Now you claiming Gej secured the loans from China, but few days ago many of u were up in arms against \aaaPMB for "giving out our sovereignty" to China as a result of the said loans. hmmm
Jonathan borrowed, Buhari borrowed even more.

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by QuotaSystem: 8:31am On Aug 15, 2020
RTSC:

I hope you know amaechi said that Jonathan completrd 80% of the agbor railway.
That is why they named it after him.

If you need link, I can give you.

I don't support pdp o.

Amaechi never said that.

View his statement below.

Jonathan never finished 80% of anything.

If you insist you're not lying, provide your claimed link.

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Depressed101: 8:40am On Aug 15, 2020
juvewalex:
The loans taken for these projects are worth it I must say and Kudos to this administration in terms of infrastructural development.
most of. If not all of the projects were just renovation. And nothing new... They've been there for years.
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Jaapu: 8:43am On Aug 15, 2020
delpee:
Thanks to GEJ for the initiative and a lot of work done.
Thanks to PMB for continuity.
A big plus for the nation.

Hope you can be consistent with this self deceit.
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Commentor: 8:45am On Aug 15, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:

Lol! Read the words of the transport minister who had to double the prices of tickets on the Abuja -Kaduna route to recoup the expenses.

Please keep being impressed with optics but don’t wail later when the lines shut down when they cannot be run profitably

Doomsday prepper.

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by omakay(m): 8:47am On Aug 15, 2020
Abeg, make una no vex but i need clarification on something.

As much as i like the whole new train and all, i feel something is missing.

The route am seeing is Abuja - Kaduna. And am seeing Agbor too.

What am seeing is that these beautiful infrastructure is place in non-commercial areas.

What happened to Lagos, Delta, Rivers, Oyo, Edo,Abuja.....

Last i checked, people move more in some certain areas than other areas.

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by anonimi: 8:48am On Aug 15, 2020
adanny01:
Pls don't start what you can't finish. What about Obj and Yaradua. Do you know what they did on these projects?

We don’t know what they did.
Please kindly tell us. Thanks.

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by anonimi: 8:52am On Aug 15, 2020
QuotaSystem:
Amaechi never said that.

View his statement below.

Jonathan never finished 80% of anything.

If you insist you're not lying, provide your claimed link.

Amaechi said that Jonathan finished 80% of the Abuja to Kaduna railways.
Did you also google that

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by adanny01(m): 8:53am On Aug 15, 2020
uruba23:
Maintainace would be the problem, they better concession it to the private sector because Nigerian have bad attitude to government property.Some people would be planning how to vandalize it now.But massive improvement no doubt ...Oga Ameachi 200Million shekere for you...Oga Buhari can convert it to Naira.If i remembered the early day of this administration when I took a train ride o boy fear go catch you na, but after spending three days from Minna to Lagos I jejeli retired.Don't get me wrong they did attached the oven coach to the first class coach but the rail were bad then but I can see new rail are been build to replace them.My only prayer is that the oven coaches be completely decommissioned ....Hopefully I do visit Minna again and God willing we would enjoy enough peace for me to visit Maiduguri and finally Daura

You said something important, maintenance.

However, even for now, maintenance is not yet the problem but affordability. Nigerians are really really poor and this is not going to solve the transportation issues.

By road, Abj to Kaduna is N1000-1500 to central market.

By train, you are looking at N2500 to get to central market. Besides that, the station is located at Rigasa, a location you would not like to be if their is trouble in the state. The station before that is technically in the bush a very far distance from the town.

What am trying to say is, it doesn't make sense for the poor or even the middle class. The railway may not be patronised by the very people it is intended for. The upper class are above it, the middle class and the poor are below it. Who will patronized it.

If I will spend N2500 to get to my destination in Kaduna by train, my own car consumes N3000 fuel to get to same destination, why will I opt for the train? Besides, with N3000, I have room for 4 more people.

With such low patronage and when corruption sets in, that will be the end.

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Simplyleo: 8:53am On Aug 15, 2020
Favourchris:

Ewu...
mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by QuotaSystem: 8:56am On Aug 15, 2020
anonimi:

Amaechi said that Jonathan finished 80% of the Abuja to Kaduna railways.
Did you also google that

Aren't you the NL JPEG king of screenshots again?

If it were true I'm sure this post would have been filled with attachments.

You're making the claim so the burden of proof is on you.

Thankfully you had the decency to shift goal posts instead of building on the previous 80% lie.

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Cosbyrich: 8:58am On Aug 15, 2020
Rossikk:

Keep lying to yourself.

''Former President Goodluck Jonathan has lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for making the completion of projects initiated by the previous administrations a policy, saying it is the way to go..''

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/07/22/jonathan-lauds-buhari-over-completion-of-projects/

Politicians always continuously initiate projects so as to gulp the money and leave the projects undone.NDDC is an example.
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Germi9: 9:03am On Aug 15, 2020
must they use green to paint the train,is that our to show patroitism ?nice one anyway,but we need more
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by stainlessnature: 9:09am On Aug 15, 2020
Rossikk:
That Lagos station, when it's completed, I can even go there and sleep. What a structure.
the construction is massive I must confess. Passing through MM way, it's a site to behold

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Tannhauser(m): 9:13am On Aug 15, 2020
Rossikk:

This is why I say I don't understand Nigerians.

All the loans we've been taking from IMF and World bank all these years, for which we saw next to nothing on ground, we didn't complain much, if at all.

Now we're taking loans from China to build proper infrastructure that we can all see, and we're up in arms about China 'colonising' the country.

What a confused set of people!

Kudos to this administration for continuity. But you a shameless ass licker. The entire railway infrastructure in China cost just over $10bn to put in place. Go figure.
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by bugalo: 9:17am On Aug 15, 2020
Northern Railway Revolution
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Athemisia: 9:18am On Aug 15, 2020
juvewalex:
The loans taken for these projects are worth it I must say and Kudos to this administration in terms of infrastructural development.
yeah.. it's good but I hope they will be able to maintain it... because Africa maintenance culture has a question mark attached
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by chubinwa(m): 9:21am On Aug 15, 2020
Done with tax payers money and you are still giving accolades as if its of his private money. That is his political obligation and he has no option

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by ModestGal(f): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2020
Well, I'm impressed for the first time in 5years

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by ModestGal(f): 9:30am On Aug 15, 2020
Athemisia:

yeah.. it's good but I hope they will be able to maintain it... because Africa maintenance culture has a question mark attached
Yes,people put in charge of maintainance go use corruption destroy am. You will see how they will spoil it. The government is not only the problem, the citizens of this country are wicked and selfish. You will see people throwing dirt's on the floor without searching for the dustbin.

Nigerians are one hell dirty people, only intrested in blabbing and complaining without doing anything to make things better on their own part

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 15, 2020
winterfell007:

To be very frank, it was GEJ's government that actually secured the loans for the railway modernisation program from China to execute the masterplan as intended by the OBJ administration.
It was the same GEJ who also secured loans for the construction of the Zungeru Hydro Power plant. Even Buhari acknowledged his efforts and renamed a train station in his honor. You can talk about train modernisation without mentioning Goodluck. That would be an error in history

What nonsense did I just read?

GEJ secured absolutely nothing but what he spent on his own project.

PMB expanded the vision to cover practically every state in Nigeria. Amaechi secured the loans for that under PMB and a special arrangement with China

Most of you just want to mention GEJ to achieve an erection. The man was a fool and remains o.

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by ChikaSunday(m): 9:42am On Aug 15, 2020
Rossikk:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3915846_lotp2_jpeg4eddd3b28f5387280c8f4df4561653c7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7398382_abujalightwaytrain039autoreportng_com_jpeg660f1866a657f633efe158e8a2fe6707

Station on the Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri Line

Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri Rail Intersection

Agbor Station, on Itakpe-Warri Line

Inside Station along Warri-Itakpe line

Inside Train along Warri-Ajaokuta-Itakpe line

Revolution? The world has gone electric train and you are still stagnant and celebrating it? Where are these people from ?
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 15, 2020
chubinwa:
Done with tax payers money and you are still giving accolades as if its of his private money. That is his political obligation and he has no option

Yet PDP did nothing with same tax payers money for 16 years.

We still had tax payers money 33yrs ago when this project was visualized yet it took Buhari to bring it to pass after 33 wasted years of previous administrations.

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by LMS1(m): 9:42am On Aug 15, 2020
commendable though.but am still wondering when Nigeria railway service will start working in full swing...?
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by BreconHills(m): 9:44am On Aug 15, 2020
Ofodirinwa:

I specifically remember Obasanjo commissioning it, Yar Adua planning it, and Jonathan doing most of the ground work.

Do specify the ground work in more detail so that GEJ can receive the praise he "deserves"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Accident Kills Many In Awomamma, Imo State (Graphic Photos) / Tipper Runs Into A Lady's Shop In Delta, Crushes Her Leg (Graphic Pics) / 10m-Long Python Runover By Car Rescued In Indonesia (Photos, Video)