Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era (20791 Views)

Goodbye Arsenal: The End Of An Era( Arsenal Fan Farewell Letter) / Ranking Of Golden Boot Winners: Messi The 1st To Claim This Award For 6 Times / Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by henryhemon(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
Ehiscotch:
Personally, I think it is. Messi's magic has waned and this has rubbed off on the whole team, as Barcelona has built its team around Messi.

Messi has to create, score and he has been doing ever since his debut but the burden is now to big for his 33 year old shoulders and without support from the midfield and attack he seems useless.

Bayern Munich were the latest team to capitalize on the fast depleting dominance of Messi and Barcelona. Last night's match seems to be the last straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Football has cycles and rotation of dominance. There is a time for teams to dominate, deteriorate and rebuild. Sadly, it's Barcelona's turn and the sooner they let go of Messi, the better for both parties.

I love Ronaldo and I'm a Cr7 fan but it has not in anyway compromised my opinion.

Messi, take a bow or next season you'd get knocked out in the UCL group stage and if the teams in La Liga sit up you'd end up in a struggle for Top 4.

Barcelona, it's time to make the hard decision. The romance has been beyond Hollywood but Messi's best years are over and you have a Herculean task ahead of you to rebuild this team. I mean, it's so glaring that you are have a Southampton team with Messi in it.

It would cost you a lot like Manchester United and AC and InterMilan and Liverpool and Arsenal. But when that cycle hits you, the sooner you realise and disintegrate and rebuild with sound values while retaining a good club culture the better.

Idiots springing up to write rubbish because of a defeat when you don't even have your own era. Write about a club not about an individual. Leave the man alone, concentrate on your own life. He has made it in life.
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by focus7: 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
Hndrrxxx:
STFU dude

Open same thread about your Cr7 you dumb ass-livkers

Guy yesterday humiliation has proven the better person between Messi and Ronaldo.

No team has ever scored 8 against Ronaldo in a champion league

Yes juve lost their campaign to Lyon but Ronaldo made sure he proved his worth by scoring the two goals that defeated Lyon.

Messi was trashed yesterday by small small boys without him been able to score at one goal.
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by Angelfrost(m): 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2020
jumper524:
messi has depreciated though but he still remain the goat.

Every player above 30 - 32 has depreciated in one or more ways!!!... Don't single out Messi!!!

Aging and death are inevitable for all!!! He was never gonna shine forever na!!!

The main blame goes to the club management and the coach too, for not taking the initiative to shift the burden off his shoulders... If Madrid and Zidane could keep soaring after Ronaldo left, Barcelona has no excuse!
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by Asianjollof007: 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
End time for wetin? We all know that barca team is in shambles, defence and attack is poor. He can still move to top teams in other leagues and still shine without even touching ball. All these ronaldo fans sef, stupid topic
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by backT(m): 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
You state the obvious; that you are a penadol fan. Nothing good will come out you when Messi is involve.
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by Duru009(m): 2:14pm On Aug 15, 2020
I see the AC millian era loading in Barcelona
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by Cheeryfeet: 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2020
There was nothing bad about last night. It was a nightmare.
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by yusman14(m): 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2020
just2endowed:
If Iniesta and xavi were in the team, Barcelona will beat bayern
Are you a joker??
Barcelona chop 7-0 from Bayern when xavi and Inesta was there...
Bayern is too big for Barcelona to beat..

1 Like

Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by omoyankee3(m): 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
It's more of of a tactical victory than anything else. Bayern's glaring weakness wasn't exploited, which indicates it's the coach's fault. Think about it, Coutinho that couldn't make the Barca team, scored for Bayern: it shows it's not a personnel problem.

Bayern plays a highline, and their full backs move high up the pitch. Just play diagonals into the right back channel (Kimich is slower) and let your wingers attack it. That's how Barca scored their first goal, and how Liverpool destroyed them last year.
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by earnit3: 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2020
hmmm
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by AustineJohn908(m): 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
eni4real:

Messi is not a Defender!!

8 Whooping goal!! That is the keyword!!

Blame the Defence that ship in 18 goals in the last 3UCL QF/SF games!!

That is the content that matters now!!
Then why didn't the attack score 8 to? if they did, they for qualify.
You blame the defense forgetting that the attack was so miserable.
They couldn't score 5 self
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
Ehiscotch:
Personally, I think it is. Messi's magic has waned and this has rubbed off on the whole team, as Barcelona has built its team around Messi.

Messi has to create, score and he has been doing ever since his debut but the burden is now to big for his 33 year old shoulders and without support from the midfield and attack he seems useless.

Bayern Munich were the latest team to capitalize on the fast depleting dominance of Messi and Barcelona. Last night's match seems to be the last straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Football has cycles and rotation of dominance. There is a time for teams to dominate, deteriorate and rebuild. Sadly, it's Barcelona's turn and the sooner they let go of Messi, the better for both parties.

I love Ronaldo and I'm a Cr7 fan but it has not in anyway compromised my opinion.

Messi, take a bow or next season you'd get knocked out in the UCL group stage and if the teams in La Liga sit up you'd end up in a struggle for Top 4.

Barcelona, it's time to make the hard decision. The romance has been beyond Hollywood but Messi's best years are over and you have a Herculean task ahead of you to rebuild this team. I mean, it's so glaring that you are have a Southampton team with Messi in it.

It would cost you a lot like Manchester United and AC and InterMilan and Liverpool and Arsenal. But when that cycle hits you, the sooner you realise and disintegrate and rebuild with sound values while retaining a good club culture the better.

A Ronaldo fan typing this nonses ? Messi may not be in his best form but he's far above your beloved Penaldo and so many elite strikers and midfielders . Tell me who else in the world got the best accurate passes and assists coupled with goals and dribbles. Your write up shows that you are afraid he's still going to cause hard time for Penaldo. Deduct penalties from Penaldo goals , his achievement would equals that of a defender but ranked below Ramos. So many big teams would still die to have Mercy . Congrats to Bayern Munich, their dominance in football is Legendary. This serves as a great warning to all EPL fans supporters who always feel that the reason Bayern always win their league is because there are no good team in Bundesliga. The same way , Real Madrid had played their parts , conquered major teams , it's all due to great consistent investment.
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
yusman14:
Are you a joker??
Barcelona chop 7-0 from Bayern when xavi and Inesta was there...
Bayern is too big for Barcelona to beat..

Check history Barca also dealt with them .After Barca were defeated by Bayern munich 7-0 ,
Barca went ahead to revenge on them
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
AustineJohn908:
Then why didn't the attack score 8 to? if they did, they for qualify.
You blame the defense forgetting that the attack was so miserable.
They couldn't score 5 self
Barcelona is the only squad where the attack is blamed for conceding goals as much as 8!! No wonder Pique and the rest of the Defence have been chilling despite shipping in 18 goals in the last 3UCL QF/SF games!
Wow!!
People have taken football analysis to another level shocked
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by AustineJohn908(m): 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
eni4real:
Barcelona is the only squad where the attack is blamed for conceding goals as much as 8!! No wonder Pique and the rest of the Defence have been chilling despite shipping in 18 goals in the last 3UCL QF/SF games!
Wow!!
People have taken football analysis to another level shocked
I have blamed Barca defence for the 8 goals. now I'm blaming it attack for not doing enough. for not scoring too
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
AustineJohn908:
I have blamed Barca defence for the 8 goals. now I'm blaming it attack for not doing enough. for not scoring too
I have not seen your comment on that!!
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by AustineJohn908(m): 8:03pm On Aug 15, 2020
eni4real:
I have not seen your comment on that!!
I don't need too
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by SPORTMINISTER: 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
DECIDE THE BEAT AMONGST THE TWO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO_KaPOm4Pc
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by JARAPlenty(m): 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2020
JARAPlenty:

Yeah dey smeell, Wch kind yearnings be this.....Are you in another planet
Kroos8:
Cristiano Ronaldo is a living god. The God of Football.

Now it's clear for all to see that Messi is highly over rated and overpaid
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Neymar is a far more better player than him. If we're being honest to ourselves, Messi should be ranked as the 4th best player after Ronaldo, Neymar, Lewandowski.
Yeye dey smeell, Wch kind yearnings be this.....Are you in another planet
Re: Is It Time Up For Messi? The End Of An Era by sammy7410(m): 5:58am On Aug 16, 2020
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Slovakia: Cyprus Women Cup - 4 - 3 (Full Time) / Amaju Pinnick With Gianni Infantino & Samuel Eto'o (Photo) / UAE Denies Nigerian Athletes Access To Partake In World Swimming Championships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.