Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

How You Can Get 5 Invites To 5 Interviews In 5 Weeks - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How You Can Get 5 Invites To 5 Interviews In 5 Weeks (269 Views)

Please I Need Help!!! Three Interviews In A Day / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How You Can Get 5 Invites To 5 Interviews In 5 Weeks by JOpress3: 5:32am On Aug 15, 2020
You Might be asking question like, is it possible to get 5 jobs invite to 5 interviews in 5 weeks?

Or you might ask, are there much Jobs available out there, like that?.

My answer to your first question is a capital “YES”, it is possible to get 5 jobs invite to 5 interviews in 5 weeks, when you commit to the process below.

And, my answer to your second questions Is a Capital “NO” there aren’t much jobs available out there for all graduate, because the total number of graduates deployed into the labour market annually is twenty (20) times the number of formal Jobs available in the labour market.

It is a case of Supply exceed demand by twenty times and the resultant effects is high unemployment rate, and high competition for the few jobs available out there.

But only the Smart Applicants get on top of this competition and enjoy frequent Job invite to interviews, thereby having different Job options and settling for a better and higher pay jobs.

Therefore, your questions should rather be, how can i become a Smart Applicant? And get frequent job invite to interviews.

A Philosopher, Robert Frost once said “ Two road diverged in a wood, and I took the one that is less travelled by, And that has made all the difference”.

I have come to the realisation that there are two major route for applicants into the job market,
the first is the Popular/ bandwagon route that consist 80% of the total applicants and it is Characterised with Poorly written CV, very few invite to interviews, Longer Stay at home and Low pay Jobs.

While the second, is the ‘less travel route ‘ which consist only 20% of the total applicants and, I have coined them “Smart Applicants” they are characterise with well thought out CV & Cover letter, frequent invites to interviews, different job options and higher pay jobs..

In this write up I will focus on the Smart Applicants route, and unravel the strategies that get them frequent invite to interviews and many job options.

Lets get into the details of Smart Applicants strategies..

No 1. They are professional in their approach to CV/Resume

According to online definition, a professional is “anyone who earn their living from preforming an activity that require a certain level of education, skill or training.

The Smart Applicants understand the psychological advantage to be a professional. And so, for education, they go for further studies, or short term certifications related to their choosing line of carrier, for Skills, they learn detail strategy of their chosen field on and off the job, and for the training, they leverage on, on- the job training.

The idea is, Smart applicants knows that potential employers consider consistency in a particular job function, for professionalism and are willing to reward it for higher pay.

No 2. They apply SWOT analysis in arrangement of their CV/Resume

According to Wikipedia, “SWOT analysis is a Strategic Planning techniques used to help a person or organization identify Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats related to business competition or project planning”.

The Smart Applicants understood the SWOT analysis principles very well and so, they read through a vacancy in details and then go ahead to arrange all information considered as their strength and Opportunity in front or first page and relocate any information consider as weakness or threats to the back page.

If you find yourself struggling to fix this aspect in your CV, you can always chat me on WhatsApp below..

No 3. They Consider address of Residence before applying for a job.

Common sense is not common practice, as basic as address of residence , it has denied about 95% of applicants opportunities of getting their desired job.

The Smart applicant understand this challenge and so, When they meet the requirements of a particular Job description, they simply take a closer look at the address of the advertised vacancy,

For example let’s say they reside in Abuja and the job is located in Lagos, they ask themselves the following questions, do I have relations or friends in Lagos?, if yes, they put a call immediately to the relations or friends and explain clearly the situation at hand, ask for their address and replace it in their CV before they apply. When they get invites for the job, they sort themselves out.

No 4. They are Master of their cv /Resume

Smart Applicants see job application from the perspective of war fare, they know that’ “all wars are won from the generals tent” and they also know that “private victory preceed public victory “ Stephen Covey, therefor they spend time to do their home work very well in other to come out victorious at interviews.

Whether they wrote the CV themselves or it was written for them by a professional CV Writer, They know for sure that it is their responsibility to master every details in their CV.

And so, they do the following..

First, they check for typography errors, and ensure spellings and sentences tally, next, they check for date and ensure all dates are accurate and balance with each jobs and are up to date. Third, They memorise every details in their CV, they can tell you where each information is seated in their CV and they can explain each word written in their CV, for example, where they mentioned “Multitasking” in the aspect of their Skills they know it involved ability to carry out different function and still yield optimal result.

The idea is, they ensure to cross the” T” and dot the “I” before they press the send button for a job.

No 4. Their CV/Resume are Responsive

75% of employers access your CV via Smart phone and Tablets gadgets this days. You don’t want to loose a job because your CV is not responsive.

According to Webopedia online definition, responsive design documents are one that has been designed to respond or adapt based on the technology and the type of computing device used by visitor. It is basically a design that will look good at any size from a large desktop LCD monitor to the smaller screens we use on smartphone and tablets.

A Smart Applicant will always confirm if her Cv is responsive or non- responsive before she send her applications to a vacancy, by,

Simply opening her CV in a Microsoft word document editor, or google document word editor, either on mobile, tablets or laptops.
Click the inverted rectangular Symbol and it will indicate whether your document is mobile version or desktop version, responsive or non-responsive to the eyes.

The Fact is, employers have less than 3 minutes to go through your CV in other to determine whether to approve or disapprove your cv and move to the next applicant cv. You cannot come and waste his precious time. Ensure your CV is responsive.

No 5. They Show and not tell Achievement.

Achievements can never be overemphasized, it is what makes you stand out from the crowd. Most Applicants have Achievements in their CV quite right, but they couldn’t show it off

Smart applicants understood that it is one thing to have an achievement, but, it is another thing entirely to show it off, in a way that it can be visible, measured and understood at a glance.

For example a football player like Lionel Messi, when you ask google for of his achievements in 2o14/2015 football season, it will simply show goals scored: 67 goals and assist given: 58 assist, trophies Won and awards. This data are visible to the eyes, can be measured and understood at a glance.

Therefore, a Smart sales man will show his achievements this way, “My target for a month is #10 Million, between September to December I achieved #50 Million, thereby surpassed my target with #10 Million. Simple, Visible and measurable.

The same can be applied in all specialization you find yourself. be it, Engineering, Marketing, teaching etc, just ensure you have figures to it and not long stories.

If you are struggling on this aspect, you can chat me up on WhatsApp or email below...and I will fix it.

No 6. They always apply with a Cover letter

Smart applicants understood the pyschology of persuasion, they know that a properly written Cover letter is enough to convince even an arch enemy to grant them invite to interview.

Also, they know that as you aspire to move up in the job markets from a low pay job to higher pay jobs that you desired, Cover letter and not your CV, became the most important weapon you need to persuade employers to look towards your direction.

In a cover letter, you have ample space to demonstrate your skills and your achievements particular to how it can solve the problems of your potential employers.

The idea is, you can get frequent invites to interviews, thereby getting your desired job, when you commit to the process and follow the strategies of smart applicants.

CONCLUSION:

If you need assistant to draft a well thought out CV/ resume and Cover letter, don’t hesitate to email: jopress3@gmail.com or chat me up on WhatsApp: zero, seven zero, 6782, three, seven, six zero. and I will use my expertise to fix it for you, at a service fee.

For the moment, I will assist review and rewrite CV and Cover letter, for the first 10 persons here for #3000 naira only. Good Luck in your pursuit for happiness
Re: How You Can Get 5 Invites To 5 Interviews In 5 Weeks by JOpress3: 5:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
We will attempt to give details of each smart applicant approach.
Re: How You Can Get 5 Invites To 5 Interviews In 5 Weeks by JOpress3: 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2020
First, being a professional, step by step guide.

(1) (Reply)

Ifc/miga/world Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) 2020-2021 / Urgency Recruitment In PORTHARCOURT AND ABUJA / Job Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.