Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) (39533 Views)

'Nobody Remembers The 8-2!' - Lewandowski Quizzed On Barca's Humiliation / Premier League: Liverpool Set Premier League Record After Aston Villa 7-2 Loss / Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by ogbiwa: 6:29am On Aug 15, 2020
[b]Barcelona Lose 8-2 To Bayern To Record Their Heaviest European Defeat In History

Watch video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdYyHLBLvgg

Bayern Munich sent out an emphatic and ominous message to their Champions League rivals with an absolute demolition of fellow European heavyweights Barcelona in a gloriously chaotic and utterly one-sided quarter-final tie in Lisbon. [/b]

The high-pressing, energetic and ruthless German champions were on a different level to their Spanish rivals, as they have been for pretty much every opponent they have faced in Europe this season and in every competition since football restarted in June.

They scored four times in the first half, added another quartet in the second, and could easily have netted more against a shell-shocked and shambolic Barca side whose defensive errors were too numerous to recount and who now have a new and embarrassing record defeat in European competition to their name.

Bayern were not entirely infallible, though, with Barca's forward players - inevitably led by Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez - regularly finding space in behind to cause problems and test Manuel Neuer.

In a dizzyingly madcap opening 10 minutes, Thomas Muller fired Bayern ahead following a one-two with Robert Lewandowski and David Alaba wildly sliced a Jordi Alba cross into his own net to restore parity, before Suarez was denied by Neuer and Messi hit the post with a curling cross through a packed box.

The following 22 minutes took the game away from Barca, with Ivan Perisic smashing in a deflected second for Bayern before Serge Gnabry finished off a delightful ball over the top from Leon Goretzka, and Muller poked in his second at the near post.

A neat turn and finish from Suarez after the break gave the Spanish side hope, but this was snuffed out by arguably the pick of the goals - a Joshua Kimmich side-foot finish following some stunning skill and speed and excellent delivery from Alphonso Davies.

Robert Lewandowski headed his 14th Champions League goal in just eight games before salt was poured into Barca's deep wounds as Philippe Coutinho - on loan from the Spanish side - netted a seventh and eighth via close-range finishes after coming off the bench.

Bayern are by far the most decorated side left in the competition, having won the European Cup/Champions League on five occasions, most recently in 2013 and look comfortably the strongest left in this season's tournament.

They will find out their semi-final opponent on Saturday, when England's last remaining challenger Manchester City face French side Lyon.

Bayern hit new heights in stellar season
There is always a danger that knock-out games between two of Europe's most decorated sides become a cagey tactical grapple as opposed to the haymaker-throwing thrill-fest promised by the hype.

Not Barca v Bayern, though. This is a match-up that delivers, even in an empty, neutral stadium.

Four knock-out ties since 2009 have now yielded 36 goals at an average of five goals per game.

This includes the Arjen Robben and Muller-inspired 7-0 aggregate win for Bayern in the semi-finals in 2013 and a Messi and Neymar masterclass in the last four two years later as Barca floored the Germans.

But this game tops the lot and will last long in the memory as a showcase of two sides now operating in different stratospheres.

Bayern's brilliance and risky high line, Barcelona's crippling frailty but still potent attack - it all ensured that a goalscoring chance was never far away and the ball in the net a high possibility from each.

Such has been the quality of these sides in the three previous knock-out ties, the winner of each went on to lift the trophy, and you would not put it past Bayern continuing that trend.

They have ripped through the competition, scoring 39 goals and conceding just eight in the process of winning all 10 of their matches. The eight they scored on Friday is the most a side has scored in a European Cup tie since Real Madrid beat FC Wacker Innsbruck 9-1 in a last-16 tie in 1990-91.

This is on top of the nine they won post-lockdown to claim an eighth straight Bundesliga title and the two that gave them the German Cup.

The hiring of Hansi Flick - initially on an interim basis but now permanently - now looks like a masterstroke by the Bayern hierarchy.

In a short space of time he has built a Bayern side that is every bit the match of their impressive predecessors, constructed around a positivity that makes Jerome Boateng and Alaba playmakers from the back, Davies and Kimmich as much wingers as full-backs and Lewandowski, Muller et al a seamless attacking unit unmatched on the continent.

Whichever of Manchester City or Lyon win on Saturday have a monumental task on their hands next Wednesday.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53745581

5 Likes

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by theoneJabulani(m): 6:34am On Aug 15, 2020
This Barcelona side is the worst have seen in years, this team needs an overhaul right from the president and the recruitment staff. In many games this season, Messi has been the difference and he can't do it all alone. At 33, he has lost some of his pace and perhaps elegance, for all the talk of Messi being alien, he is still a human. On those nights when Messi can't make a difference, Barcelona suffer badly. As a Madridsta sha, a large part of me hopes they don't learn from the mistakes they have made.

Contact me for US and UK used laptops. Free delivery available in Lagos, payment on delivery available nationwide.

8 Likes

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 15, 2020
Cr7 is a G.O.A.T.

Meshit is a local goat.

I stan Cr7 the Ezege of football.

That dwarf goat fans can wail till eternity tongue

8-2 loud ohh!!!

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Gentle0wavez: 6:38am On Aug 15, 2020
UP CHELSEA

22 Likes

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Kriss216: 6:40am On Aug 15, 2020
Barcelona is overrated!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Humanoid01(m): 6:42am On Aug 15, 2020
I really hope Man city gets past Lyon tonight. I can't wait for Bayern vs The cityzens. For that match ehn, dead body go surplus.

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 15, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
UP CHELSEA
Chelsea try jare.

Barca fans olee way!! I hear say una GOAT forget 2-8 grass.

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by youngberry001(m): 6:49am On Aug 15, 2020
Ahahahahaha 2-8 what a brutality!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Slawormir: 6:50am On Aug 15, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Yesterday game nor balance at all
This life nor really balance

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by ogbiwa: 7:07am On Aug 15, 2020
Humanoid01:
I really hope Man city gets past Lyon tonight. I can't wait for Bayern vs The cityzens. For that match ehn, dead body go surplus.

grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by paulolee(m): 7:08am On Aug 15, 2020
too bad but pls I want to appeal to nairaland mods thats its owkay with this barca news, we all know barca was poor last nite and they were humiliated badly yesterday but pls try put a stop bringing any barca news to f.p for today because of the trolling on the barca fans is getting too much before them go start to they declare some barca fans missing..
Edo election is few weeks from today and we need more uodates and also we need more updates on covid news and bbn..
found myself this morning watching and enjoying bbn instead of doing my normal weekend exercise and the funny part was dt i was enjoying d same bbn i called useless show, c watin frustration de do person, BARCA E NO GO BETTER 4 UNA OOOO...

16 Likes

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Epositive(m): 7:10am On Aug 15, 2020
I 8-2 do this though. But, me as a Chelsea fan last night...

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Humanoid01(m): 7:17am On Aug 15, 2020
Someone said Barcelona fans will not have breakfast this morning because they 8-2 much last night.

151 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Bossontop(m): 7:19am On Aug 15, 2020

34 Likes

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by div111(m): 7:20am On Aug 15, 2020
barca is dead
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by logon599: 7:29am On Aug 15, 2020

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Humanoid01(m): 7:33am On Aug 15, 2020
Epositive:
I 8-2 do this though. Me as a Chelsea fan last night...
This picture looks like Alphonso Davies and Drake mocking Barca hahahaa.

3 Likes

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by TechDaddy(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2020
Before you ever put Messi and Cr7 in the same sentence again, see the photo below.

Yes, I agree Messi has more all-round qualities, a good goalscorer and creator but when it comes to rising up to the big occassion, he isn't even fit to lace Ronaldo's boots.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by drips8(m): 8:03am On Aug 15, 2020
Lyon and Man City today

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Michaelberry65(m): 11:00am On Aug 15, 2020
E don do na

3 Likes

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by samtee37(m): 11:00am On Aug 15, 2020
I 8 - 2 do this, but grin

When next Barca hear about about Bayern grin

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by ForeThinker: 11:00am On Aug 15, 2020
I'm very sure most radicated Baibilona fans will 8-2 Admit it

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by PureGoldh(m): 11:01am On Aug 15, 2020
Some people no go like dx news
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by GeneralPula: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2020
Barca became an average team the moment Inieta and Xavi left..

Yes the teams was built on messi but those 2 made it possible..

Hazard would have been a great signing for Barca Instead of Greizman..

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Ayemileto(m): 11:01am On Aug 15, 2020
While Bayern scores a lot, their defence is actually very Porous, But Barca couldn't capitalise on that.

With a strategist like Guardiola, and a man city team that can play fast paced games, I think the citizens can easily get past Bayern.

I really hope Man City qualifies for SF tonight. Because that's a game to watch. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Privatepart00: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2020
They are nicknamed German machine for a reason

They just did throwback Brazil vs Germany for us

Messi has tried when he was very active and young

CR7 has also done his own share

Irrespective of the scores, both players are made for life.
They now summed it all by showing Messi’s face when Coutinho scored his 2nd goal for the night.

7 Likes

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Hotfreezer: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2020
They demolished Barca. They are used to winning and couldn't manage failure. They beat Barca and broke their spirits.
Managing failure is as important as managing success.

11 Likes

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Kroos8: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2020
Heartbreaking cry cry

Barca fans 8 - 2 see this, enough with the mockery lol cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by perdollar(m): 11:02am On Aug 15, 2020
just like d way I don't get tired watching Fury annihilate Wilder, I wl never get tired of watching ds genocidal massacre

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tokyo 2020: Nigeria’s First Olympics Gymnast, Uche Eke Crashes Out / Dolores Aveiro: Cristiano Ronaldo’s Mother, Reacts To His Rape Accusations / Egypt Vs DR Congo: AFCON 2023 Round of 16 (7 - 8)pens On 28th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.