Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document (26133 Views)

Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets / Onitsha Tanker Fire: Trader Shares Before And After Pictures Of His Shop / Traders Seek ECOWAS Intervention As Ghana Shuts 400 Nigerian Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by stagger: 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
We need to be dispassionate about these matters.

The GIPC law is very clear. The only exemptions to paying these monies ($1million cash investment or equipment valued at $1m brought into the country) are manufacturing businesses or export businesses.

The reason is simple. Ghanaians are by their nature, not very aggressive people. They do not hustle businesswise. Nigerians who are by nature can easily out-hustle the Ghanaians in the marketplace. Therefore, the government acted to protect the interests of its citizens by enacting that law to either make those coming into the retail sector come up with the $1million, or to go into manufacturing (to create jobs for the local populace) or to go into export (taking Ghana's products outside the country and earn the country foreign exchange).

Nigeria is a country with a very weak manufacturing base. We are too used to importing and selling from China, India, US, etc. Now when you take this mentality to Ghana and jump into retail business, you will have issues. Nothing stops us as Nigerians from setting up manufacturing hubs in Ghana. They have electricity to support manufacturing and manufacturers are exempted.

I would advise our people to enter into manufacturing and stop doing retail business in Ghana, or like someone said, form a conglomerate, generate the $1million and hit the country's retail space as a team rather than as tiny individuals.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
mmsen:

It doesn't matter how much money you have but what you do with your resources.

Ghana is safer, cleaner, more civilized and better organized than Rivers State.
Ghana isn't cleaner than rivers state, maybe safer yes. It seems you are confused between civilization and the rest of those your list.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
Originalsly:

Actually..... I really thought I was stupid....until I read this your statement. Thanks for kicking me out of the barrel of stupidity.... it is now all yours... you deserve it.

I WILL BE SURPRISE IF YOU ARE ABOVE 18 SERIOUSLY

MY BROTHER, IN ALL HONESTY, YOU STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
GalPissetzky:
nigerians are like flies, everywhere u go u see them infesting the places with their drugs, scam and dirtiness. u dont see people from other countries loitering our streets. but go to any other country, u will see nigerians everywhere. useless pest with badluck
If you don't have anything worth saying you better shut up, this is not a Ghanaian forum. Did you see them stealing in the video, you're dumb to have derail the discussion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Simplyleo: 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
[s]
Beremx:
it’s better you just booked space and type B than writing rubbish. What in the world is wrong with people like you?
[/s]
Take this crap outta my mention.

If by any chance you assume my comment must please you, then you are dead wrong.

I make my comment the way I like, make urs and get the heck out.

Now get out. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by anonimi: 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
Beremx:
it’s better you just booked space and type B than writing rubbish. What in the world is wrong with people like you?

Tribalism, to answer your question.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Deen112: 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
Ghanian are becoming comedians imagine asking for one million dollars. Its better to ask foreigners to vacate your country and stop the foolish politics. Nigeria the big brother of Africa over to you and hear the cry of your citizens.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by oyejideogunjumo: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2020
LibertyRep:
Ghana has been giving the signs of 'Nigeria Must Go' lately.

I'm not sure these neighbouring countries respect us anymore.

Where exactly have we missed it?

We were once the giant of at least West Africa.
In many ways. Political, economic,infrastructural,social,religious etc. Every facet of life. Most companies we had either collapsed completely or moved to Ghana. May God restore us back to our original status. We still have the hope and potential. Our brothers in diasposia are making marks everywhere in the whole world. Hope not lost
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Fxwarrior: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kriss216:
Succinctly, Nigeria is like a Big brother with money but zero package, who gets bullied by the younger ones without money but enough package.

If there was money, why does the government keep borrowing?
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by GalPissetzky: 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
onyechez:

If you don't have anything worth saying you better shut up, this is not a Ghanaian forum. Did you see them stealing in the video, you're dumb to have derail the discussion.
thunder fire u

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by nkiliuzo(m): 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
damn... there was a country
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Kennyswag: 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
If the man is igbo, I don't care

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by AutoshalomUSA: 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
LibertyRep:
Ghana has been giving the signs of 'Nigeria Must Go' lately.

I'm not sure these neighbouring countries respect us anymore.

Where exactly have we missed it?

We were once the giant of at least West Africa.
LibertyRep , did you vote in the last election ? Our African brothers are treating us like rags , this is because of the level of mediocrity in the entire Nigerian system . We used to be revered but now , we are seen as pests and parasites . Who do we blame ? Politicians , Securitymen, Business Men, Citizens ? We all have a role to play to fix this country . But who first ??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
4tomandchi:
Nothing truly last forever some year ago it was "Ghana Must Go" fast forward to present time it's "Nigeria Must Go". God please deliver Nigeria from backwardness.

My brother, they actually didn't first.

Ghana-must-go, was retaliation.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by blaqoracle: 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2020
Discovery4today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsNWVOd19qU
Nigerian man cries out as Ghanaian govt. shut down their shops

....despite presenting necessary documents.
when will an Igbo man ever apply tactis in resolving issues.
Wailing and shouting on top of your voice can never solve issues. If you can't abide by the law of a country, you get out of that country and go to another country that can accommodate you.
You see, the Nigeria, you call zoo, has been enduring, Nigeria's closest neighbour, Ghana can never endure it.
Finally, this is the karma for calling your country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Deborah98(f): 12:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
Eehya they should come back nAa,I hate what I don't like,they way these people are treating us it's unfair,we have many foreigners living and dining with us yet we have never driven any away let alone subject them to sorrow,it's unfair ooo
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by mmsen: 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
onyechez:

Ghana isn't cleaner than rivers state, maybe safer yes. It seems you are confused between civilization and the rest of those your list.

Accra is cleaner than Port Harcourt and there aren't as many drunken layabouts looking to cause trouble.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
Deen112:
Ghanian are becoming comedians imagine asking for one million dollars. Its better to ask foreigners to vacate your country and stop the foolish politics. Nigeria the big brother of Africa over to you and hear the cry of your citizens.

They are not comedians.

That is the visa requirement of most countries.

They require that you invest a certain amount of money in their economy for you to get a resident visa.

Because there's the ECOWAS thingy that's why Nigerians don't need to apply for visa before visiting or living in Ghana. Just present your ECOWAS Nigerian passport and you're let through.

But I don't think this covers business.

I understand that the Ghananians are trying to protect the local businesses from being overtaken by foreigners.

After all their West African brother, Nigeria has the biggest population in Africa.

Imagine 1 million Nigerians relocating to Ghana and taking over the small businesses there.

The unfortunate part is that a lot of the profit made will be repartrated back to Nigeria.

So, even though I'm Nigerian, I support the Ghananian government.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by armadeo(m): 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
DexterousOne:
See how silly many of you are.....

This is a thread of a Nigerian citizen being humiliated in another country

And these are the comments most of you have to say?

Many of you lack common sense, and are psychologically traumatised undecided

I've just recently found out that the number of imbeciles on nairaland is confounding.

They think when they travel out they are yoruba or igbo they dont know that Nigeria covers them all.

Many of them shall not see an airport in thier lives so they can continue to wallow in thier foolishness.

Just keep watching

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by wink2015(m): 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
Discovery4today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsNWVOd19qU
Nigerian man cries out as Ghanaian govt. shut down their shops

....despite presenting necessary documents.

SHOULD NIGERIA CONTINUE TO REMAIN IN ECOWAS?

Ecowas has been dying for so long !

Unfortunately, President Buhari seems not to be taking action.

Maybe it is because he does not care about the plights of Nigerians in Ghana whom are mainly Igbos.

THE 5 PERCENTERS !
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by PenSniper: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2020
Tkester:
The wicked afonjaz as children of fallen demons, will be so happy for with new. Honestly, I keep loathing the day we were dumped in the same country with these God-forsaken creatures.

Unfortunately for you, the more you hate them, the more grief you come to.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by PenSniper: 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2020
Anazp:
why do all Africans hate the Igbo people?

I am wondering too. And not only Afrixans.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by mamato(f): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2020
Ordinary Ghana kwa cool
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Easysolution(m): 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
Tkester:
The wicked afonjaz as children of fallen demons, will be so happy for with new. Honestly, I keep loathing the day we were dumped in the same country with these God-forsaken creatures.
No right thinking human will be happy with this. SHALOM
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by shagarinews: 1:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
When situation is rossy with them they clamour for BIAFRA country but when things goes bad they shout Nigeria. Pls call your Nnamdi kanu to come for your rescue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Now Making Money & Cutting Transport Costs With Mycopilot App / After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? / 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.