Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document (26107 Views)

Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets / Onitsha Tanker Fire: Trader Shares Before And After Pictures Of His Shop / Traders Seek ECOWAS Intervention As Ghana Shuts 400 Nigerian Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by jacoik(m): 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
Anazp:
Pls edit to Igbo man cries out after Ghanaian authorities close his shop
you are just a coward fool!!! so this is all you gato say as some of our citizens is being maltreated in another country? you are just a fool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by jacoik(m): 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
Aladegba:

Once again I say to you, peace will elope you for the weekend for typing rubbish on a public forum and hating a tribe in Nigeria.
he will never know peace my brother. that guy is just a fool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Originalsly: 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

I WILL BE SURPRISE IF YOU ARE ABOVE 18 SERIOUSLY

MY BROTHER, IN ALL HONESTY, YOU STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO

It may be a waste of time... but let me try to engage you mentally. What in my comment made you conclude that I'm stupid.... or have little sense?
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Lovelyn451(f): 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
Come back home biko
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by isaacsegun(m): 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
Anazp:
Bros, this your comment is uncalled for. Nigerians are been matreated here and all what you can spew is trash. If you are giving opportunity to lead in any setting you will be worst than Nigerian leaders.

I feel the pains of Nigerians in Ghana. Unfortunately, we didn't have a government. Since South African can be doing the same thing to Nigerians over and over again without any retaliation from Nigerian government, other African countries are now toeing their path because they know that nothing will happen.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by klufs(m): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
All I see is a mixture of greed and ignorance. I am not vast in Ghanian law but I know in Nigeria, the fact that a foreigner has conducted business for a long time does not make it legal or not liable to be closed if found wanting. In Nigeria, a foreigner can only conduct business in Nigeria through a company partly owned by a Nigerian (even by 1 percent). That way a Nigerian has an interest in it and it can't be closed unless if it breaches any other law that affects even Nigerians. All a foreigner needs is a proper resident permit to stay in the country. I think this is applicable in most places including Ghana. That is why you will see our government turning a blind eye or even protecting mtn, dstv shoprite, etc. Cos even if majority of shares in these businesses are owned by foreigners, they still have Nigerian interest. But you will see Nigerians going to conduct business in another country without involving a citizen of that country and expect nothing to happen. Look at the law first and comply with it. Ghanian government will not touch a business jointly owned by a ghanian citizen they can't do that. Nigerians want entire control of the business and consume the profit alone without conceding anything, even for protection if you like to see it that way.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by ItzWilly(m): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
Anazp:

You will neva have sense oh...jst say AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Greensquard(m): 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
Anazp:

Iam NOT Igbo but this ur statement is very st.upid and it just shows u are dumb as fu.cck..This is ur fellow nija brother oppressed in Ghana and instead of putting tribal sentiment aside and realise its a fight with another country,ur daft brain didnt tell u that but to open ur gutter mouth to snitch on ur fellow nija blood..e no go better for u and ur kind odeh fo.o.l angry angry..how can nija be great with id.iots like these for Gods sake?who swear for us na?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by madridsta007(m): 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kriss216:
Succinctly, Nigeria is like a Big brother with money but zero package, who gets bullied by the younger ones without money but enough package.

Nigeria is no "big brother". Nigerians should stop that nonsense display of pride that hasn’t gotten them 24hr light.

This is the best time for any nation, big or small, near or far, to get a geopolitical, foriegn policy win over Nigeria. Nigeria is currently governmentless and leaderless and I suspect every reasonable nation on earth knows this. Hence the impunity Chinese, Lebanese, Indian, business men undertake in their business dealings in Nigeria. Hence Ghana's current adversarial behaviour. I foresee South Africa, Kenya, etc, doing something similar.

If I was a foriegn policy member of a foriegn country, I would ensure that my currently descends heavily on Nigeria. There is no brotherhood in capitalism. Nigeria is currently without a leader and a divided citizenry hence this is the best time. I am sure they know.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Tunde835(m): 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kriss216:
Succinctly, Nigeria is like a Big brother with money but zero package, who gets bullied by the younger ones without money but enough package.
Exactly Lagos State Is Two and A Half Times Richer than Ghana
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
mmsen:

Accra is cleaner than Port Harcourt and there aren't as many drunken layabouts looking to cause trouble.

There's no hawking in rivers as we speak due to the initiative of the rivers state government but they're lot of hawkers in accra, there are many drunk layabouts such land guards causing troubles, delta force, vigilante force causing troubles in the country, even during loading of bus conveying people in lapaz there's collection of bribes for space parking even the police take bribes and the rest. They are so many cases of troubles caused by this group of people in Ghana.
The latest was the ayawaso wuogon by election violence caused by invisible forces.
I know what's happening in Ghana, don't think Nigerians don't know that, I have visit Ghana for some time.
According to a Ghanaian he sees no difference between Nigeria and Ghana, only in the case of electricity, and maybe level of security.
Don't throw dust in our eyes, we know Ghana very well.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Taiwojon(m): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
injustice against injustice
black man against black man, yet no body say black live matter abi?

well only truth peace and justice remain in Jesus.
the world is filled with commotion and trouble there is no regards for life among children of the world they are filled with hatred, intolerant and wickedness.
come to Jesus repent of your sin and Jesus will make you a new creature

there is no more time, rapture might take place anytime repent before it is too late
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
GalPissetzky:
thunder fire u
Thunder fire you and your family in all your generations put together. Idiots Mugu. They're talking another thing you are posting rubbish that doesn't relate to the post. You think this is a Ghanaian forum that you and mumu people lie anyhow.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by planetx: 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
They obviously don't want you in their country anymore so my brothers respect yourselves and leave. This is why we should take this issue of governance seriously in Nigeria. Very soon there will not be anywhere to run to not even fellow African countries. All I see are people scared to go back to their overpopulated and terribly mismanaged country I am sorry that is the truth.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by ZooOga: 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2020
I only read two pages of this thread. Did our broda ever show this tax records to the police, or for the world to see? An astute person can supply such records in a matter of seconds or minutes to calm down authorities. Having certificates and paying taxes is two different bowls of garri. wink
Generally speaking, 99% of governments around the world don't bother business ppl if they pay adequate or even subpar taxes into their coffers.
Lolz, "African/Nigerian lives matter" grin Nice video o.

As many already know, paying taxes in Naija is called something else. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Kissiemu(m): 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
Randy91:
NIGERIANS have never been Humiliated like this as it's currently happening under THIS LIFELESS, VISIONLESS, COW LOVING, BOKOHARAM SPONSOR and KUNU DUARA mangringringrin
You have started. If they abuse igbos now you will start shouting. When we go mature for Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by planetx: 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
If they have $1million in the first place why would they be operating a small kiosk in Ghana. They are doing their own version of Nigeria must go, do me I do you God no go vex.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by ZooOga: 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2020
planetx:
If they have $1million in the first place why would they be operating a small kiosk in Ghana. They are doing their own version of Nigeria must go, do me I do you God no go vex.

broda planetx, u just made me think there's an undeclared war going on because of the closed land borders.

Ghana apologises to Nigeria for embassy demolition

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53148609

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Biodun556(m): 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2020
Anazp:

When outside the country many of them claim biafra but when they run into trouble they suddenly change to Nigerians
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by chawtinz(m): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
I need a Samsung Galaxy Tab E buyer... interested person should contact me on 07067330040 location Kaduna
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by ojaysam25(m): 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
So bad... It's a shame.... Something must be done
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Nonsoco80(m): 3:31pm On Aug 15, 2020
Simplyleo:
I watched it.

The man started his business in Ghana since 2007 and has been compliant with tax obligations.

He is a developer. Perhaps he has developed Ghana and now owns about 78% of the country and that doesn't seem to go down well with them. So they now want him to pay $1m fine for that.

But I thought ipob are saying it is Buhari that chased people out of Nigeria. So Buhari has been the president since 2007?
Anuofia.. Always typing rubbish. Tufiakwa

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Greenbirth: 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
GalPissetzky:
nigerians are like flies, everywhere u go u see them infesting the places with their drugs, scam and dirtiness. u dont see people from other countries loitering our streets. but go to any other country, u will see nigerians everywhere. useless pest with badluck
Mr mad man which country do you have. Is it the same ghana or another one. That country called ghana is half mad half normal. Even you in this forum is mad. Ghana has the highest rate of madness in the whole world. There is no family in ghana that you can not see mad person.

Dam nm evil people. Nigerians are just foolish to be there.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by slowice(m): 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
cocolacec:

Ghanians are trying to check the domination of Foreigners in their markets.That is why they have made the law of investing atleast $1million.It is Ghana responsiblity to provide jobs for Ghanians not Nigerians.Their citizens come first.They are only implementing Section 27 clause1 of GIPC Act.ECOWAS DOESNT MEAN YOU CAN GO INTO ANY COUNTRY AND DO ANY BUSINESS YOU LIKE ESPECIALLY THOSE WHICH ARE STRICTLY FOR GHANIANS.

Hear what the Ghanians say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIcafpjscig
Oga what are blabbing about... Going by the requirements listed in the 2nd video you posted, the man in the first video showed proof that he has met the requirement so why does the authority still insist on closing his shop? They should at least obey the law they made. The Nigerians in Ghana simply took advantage of the opportunities available in Ghana... They created jobs for themselves. Is not as if they work in the ministries or any big organisation in ghana
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Investnow2017: 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
LibertyRep:
Ghana has been giving the signs of 'Nigeria Must Go' lately.

I'm not sure these neighbouring countries respect us anymore.

Where exactly have we missed it?

We were once the giant of at least West Africa.
Nothing has changed, it is just that the "gi" has been removed, rather than giant it is now ANT of Africa, that's all. Its not a serious problem, it might just be the turn of Togo or Benin Rep to chase us out of their country soon.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by slowice(m): 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
How can a nigerian even be happy with what other Nigerians are passing through in Ghana... Is not like they engaged in illegality. These are people doing legitimate businesses.... People who left the shores of this country to create opportunities for themselves elsewhere..... Same way Ghanaians and other Nigerians are seeking greener pastures in the West.. If anything, we should show them we care not laugh at them because we believe they re from a certain tribe
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Greenbirth: 3:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
onyechez:

There's no hawking in rivers as we speak due to the initiative of the rivers state government but they're lot of hawkers in accra, there are many drunk layabouts such land guards causing troubles, delta force, vigilante force causing troubles in the country, even during loading of bus conveying people in lapaz there's collection of bribes for space parking even the police take bribes and the rest. They are so many cases of troubles caused by this group of people in Ghana.
The latest was the ayawaso wuogon by election violence caused by invisible forces.
I know what's happening in Ghana, don't think Nigerians don't know that, I have visit Ghana for some time.
According to a Ghanaian he sees no difference between Nigeria and Ghana, only in the case of electricity, and maybe level of security.
Don't throw dust in our eyes, we know Ghana very well.
my dear you have said it all. Even currently I am in ghana and I will be back immediately the boarder is open. One of the promise of this their present government is that they will sack all Nigerians. And now it is an election year in ghana. They are doing it for election. If the current president loses then everything is normal. The Achims. Ashanties are the most Tribalistic people I have ever seen.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Vanzcharles(m): 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
Biodun556:

When outside the country many of them claim biafra but when they run into trouble they suddenly change to Nigerians

Lies**** Liers go go hell fire ooo grin
Just say you hate Igbos grin how many have you come across in diaspora.
And we still have them repping the super eagles and Olympics Abi grin .

Oga stop lying o grin
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
englishmart:
Nobody will lockup your shop if you're doing legit business. Stop seeking pity
There's no working brain in your skull. It's just an empty skull!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by slyzy(m): 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
Abouwaza:
9ja must go is trending in Ghana
Sad
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
GalPissetzky:
nigerians are like flies, everywhere u go u see them infesting the places with their drugs, scam and dirtiness. u dont see people from other countries loitering our streets. but go to any other country, u will see nigerians everywhere. useless pest with badluck
Ghanaians are the dirtiest! They're lazybones who can't compete with others. They're also deeply involved in drug business too. Here in Nigeria, Ghanaians are given opportunities to thrive too, yet you support them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants / Affiliate Marketing: They Are Taking Advantage Of Multi-billion Dollar Industry / AIMS Asset Management: A Fraud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.