Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca (22462 Views)

Messi, Neymar Humiliated Has Benzema Bag Man Of The Match / Damning Numbers Prove Ronaldo’s Reputation From Long Range Has Hit Rock Bottom / Alex Iwobi: Why I 'Humiliated' Hamari Traore For Having 'Bad Breath' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by ogbiwa: 6:48am On Aug 15, 2020
Gerard Pique says big changes are needed at Barcelona following their "humiliating" 8-2 loss to Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-finals.

The 33-year-old defender, who has won 20 major titles over 12 years with the club, added that he would be "the first to leave" if the club wished it.

Friday's loss was the heaviest Barca have suffered in Europe and ends a season that has also seen them lose the La Liga title to Real Madrid.

"We have hit rock bottom," said Pique.

"This is not the first, nor the second, nor the third time. We are not on the right path."

He continued: "Coaches and players follow one another, but it has been several years since we have been able to be competitive on a European level.

"We all have to think internally and decide what is best for the club, for Barca. Tonight was unacceptable for Barcelona.

"It's very hard to take but I hope it will be useful for something, for us to all think about it.

"The club needs changes. And I'm not talking at the level of the coach or the players, but structurally the club needs changes of all kinds.

"We must bring in new blood to change this dynamic, and if necessary, I would be the first to leave."

Barca have a presidential election in the summer of 2021, to seek a successor to incumbent Josep Maria Bartomeu.

Barcelona head coach Quique Setien was already under pressure heading into the quarter-final tie following a disappointing seven months in charge after succeeding Ernesto Valverde in January.

When asked about the future of the club and Pique's comments, he responded: "I'm not going to talk about what is needed at the club. I've been here for just a few months.

"If Gerard says that it's time for big changes there's going to be importance to his words. It's time for us to review and take the decisions which are needed for the future."

When asked to address his own future at the Nou Camp, he said: "I think that right now it's too soon to be talking about whether I stay at the club or not. The reality is that it doesn't depend on me.

"It's worth all of us working out what's important and considering a wide range of things which correspond to a defeat of this importance and which is so painful."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53788131

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Slawormir: 6:51am On Aug 15, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
The whole Barcelona team needs total overhauling
Including pique.... anyhow defence...

As an ardent supporter of Barcelona and lover of Messi
I was aware that the defeat of yesterday is gonna happen..
Am not a biased Moda fuckkker...i say it the way it is..

Have been saying it...
Immediately after that Napoli's game.....this was exactly what i said

I just dey pity Barcelona

If them repeat wetin them play against Napoli then i can bet my balls they are going out when they face Bayern Munich
Suarez was acting like actor instead of him to be serious
Falling and rolling on the floor for every little touch
Greizmann is no where to be found....
They better be serious or lewandowski will score them every minute
I shock when that guy score five goals within nine minutes
Muller own even worse.....you nor go see am for inside field but the next thing you go hear from commentator na

Goal! Goal! Thomas muller

151 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Kriss216: 6:55am On Aug 15, 2020
Pique is now a wailer. Is God not wonderful? cheesy cheesy

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 15, 2020
They need to sell those old men and bring in young players.

Yesterday was so embarrasing, i had to call Messi to pour my anger angry told him that CR7 is better than him.

CR7 THE GOAT

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Ajibade123(m): 6:57am On Aug 15, 2020
just remove Messi the rest are B players

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by swiz123(m): 7:03am On Aug 15, 2020
Kriss216:
Pique is now a wailer. Is God not wonderful? cheesy cheesy

How is an honest assessment by him wailing? Did you even read his comment at all?

I have come to accept that people enjoy football in certain ways which includes trolling, but while you must do it, do it with some sense.

It is good to troll stupid Barça for losing in a disgraceful way, but please don't end up ridiculing yourself like you just did now

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by paulolee(m): 7:07am On Aug 15, 2020
pique is jus saying the normal thing but we all know that this barca team have been bad all season long especially the poor defense, they have come this far because of lionel messi, its the same defense that made barca lost the league..
changes would surely happen but i dnt see more than them getting a new coach and selling some old legs but barca ain't in good shape financially to make that many signings that people are expecting..
the only hope is getting a new coach and few defenders, but barca would continue building around messi, if leo gets a nice supporting cast of neyma or Martinez wud be a good plan..

7 Likes

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by swiz123(m): 7:13am On Aug 15, 2020
Barcelona just needs to sack their board members even more than Nigeria need to sack their service chiefs. When they have been sacked, they can hire a good manager with reputation who can organize these players to play like they used to.

A manager like klopp can revitalize these set of players; all of them can't be that bad

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by logon599: 8:18am On Aug 15, 2020
swiz123:
Barcelona just needs to sack their board members even more than Nigeria need to sack their service chiefs. When they have been sacked, they can hire a good manager with reputation who can organize these players to play like they used to.

A manager like klopp can revitalize these set of players; all of them can't be that bad

So question of the day: put yourself in Klopp's shoes, would you leave Liverpool right now to go rebuild at Barca?

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Artiiclebeast: 8:24am On Aug 15, 2020
He Pique has outlived his tallness and needs to be pruned first and I'm glad he adduced to that fact.

A very shambolic team with no depth and urgency headed by a Buhari twin brother of a coach. So clueless with no air of life around him.

Bartomeu needs to go for sanctioning such a disastrous hire for a bottom table club coach.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by money121(m): 8:25am On Aug 15, 2020
Ok
Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by LaPresidente(m): 8:25am On Aug 15, 2020
Dead club crawling!

At least coutinho will carry UCL with the reds of Germany. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Henrydata(m): 8:25am On Aug 15, 2020
Na wah

Meanwhile check my signature
Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Roon9(m): 8:25am On Aug 15, 2020
He's very stupid. He should start by restructuring himself. Aside Messi and Suarez every other damn player came to Lisbon to lose with a wide wide margin. As for Nelson Semedo I refuse to believe he wasn't paid by gamblers

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2020
grin
Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Gabe427: 8:26am On Aug 15, 2020
Barca expected the German Giants

but Got twice as tall

Y'all were raped.....and chai I'm surprised some Barca fans even watched that match

I'm happy though at least now they know they have big issues in thier retirement Team ...and that Their coach when we go hear news about his sacking

yesterday was a terrible day for Barca fans till now they no greee pick my call

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by deepwater(f): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2020
Lol
Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Topmaike007(m): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2020
Neimar just dey wail... Maybe he will accept that Sergio Ramos is better than him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Oshlander: 8:26am On Aug 15, 2020
What 8:2 can cause eh, no be here.

1 Like

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by gambia(m): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2020
Its long over due.
Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Amspecial: 8:27am On Aug 15, 2020
grin
Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 15, 2020
Even you sef must go
How I wish they could sell all players
Sack the entire coaching staff
Impeach the foolish President
Even sell messi abeg
Mes que en club
That's the only way forward for us now

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by gungab(m): 8:27am On Aug 15, 2020
Common Meeenh

I pity them

Bayern Munich don't know how to stop scoring
I tip them for the trophy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by majamajic(m): 8:28am On Aug 15, 2020
Hahaha

Pique was rolling on the floor throughout yesterday's game , Beyern no get forgiveness , bringing in more attackers
Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by TriCee: 8:28am On Aug 15, 2020
Na this bros suppose leave Barca first. He has nothing to offer again...they should also allow Messi leave and focus on building a team that is independent of Messi.

I don't even know where they sign their coaches and players from.

8 Likes

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by styless(f): 8:28am On Aug 15, 2020
I don't watch football but I watched this one. Lol...it was a humiliating defeat. I still Messi tho.

1 Like

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Jh0wsef(m): 8:28am On Aug 15, 2020
Lol
Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Jahwinaboy(m): 8:28am On Aug 15, 2020
Barca players keep living in past. Wake up to reality
Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by Patosky4U: 8:29am On Aug 15, 2020
It official!! Today supermod is a Ronaldo Fan. We (Barca) Fan go see tire today for nairaland undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Pique: "We Have Hit Rock Bottom", Demands Changes At "Humiliated" Barca by psychologist(m): 8:29am On Aug 15, 2020
The first change should be

Him
Suarez
Busquet
Semedo
Vidal

Should go

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Messi Asked Me If He'll Score Goals Like Ronaldo In Italy - Boateng (Photo) / Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico / Asisat Oshoala Poses With Her CAF Award (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.