Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,829 members, 7,798,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 (19824 Views)

2018 FIFA World Cup : Will An African Team Reach Semi-finals For The First Time? / Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL / Cristiano Ronaldo Won't Be Leaving Real Madrid Despite Tax Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by fergie001: 7:39am On Aug 15, 2020
Ijaya123:
Messi fans have now become motivation speaker and also indulging in self consolation.

To think that they really came down hard on CR7 just last week not knowing that their goat will be humiliated recklessly. What happened yesterday couldn’t have happened if that team had a Ronaldo in that team.

Ronaldo is the King.

2 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 15, 2020
obembet:
The Champions League semi-finals will be devoid of the presence of both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo for the first time since 2005

The startling statistic was confirmed after Barcelona's humiliating 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals.

Ronaldo's Juventus, meanwhile, were knocked out by Lyon at the last-16 stage.

https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/1294385352057204736?s=19

Fantastic players endowed with extraordinary and extraterrestrial abilities, the both of them. No doubt about that.

But you see, the CL Semi-finals and Finals are not their birthrights.

So, we can do with a whole set of new faces for a change. smiley

1 Like

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by ayanbaba2(m): 7:41am On Aug 15, 2020
kenzysmith:
Should atelico did Bleep me up by qualifiying i would ve eating 2.8million the last game that was remaining in my ticket was bayern to score 3goals against barca he no go better for them. Money i for use tear one 2nd hand venza for my friend hand

sorry man!

better luck next time!

mind sharing your codes with me?

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Sicilyjoe: 7:42am On Aug 15, 2020
Poster is Ronaldo ass licker, why pic of Ronaldo with trophy and Messi without trophy ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Rossonero: 7:42am On Aug 15, 2020
Le2money:
Despite this, the Balloon D'or is still btw the two. UEFA na cheat.... They don't encourage the young lads at all... I blv if dey retires today , they will still be nominating them... Mtcheeew
Good you are awake after 10yrs, you've been asleep since 2010. Not just uefa but also fifa

1 Like

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 15, 2020
Prechgold1180:
My dog is the most useless dog in the world
Imagine just yesterday evening another dog chased both me and my dog

Copied
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by OfficialJayy: 7:44am On Aug 15, 2020
tesppidd:
Without Ronaldo they've been to 2 finals and 1 semi final in then last 5 years.

With Ronaldo they have not crossed the quarter finals.

WTF you talking about lady?

As for Messi he's older and slower and his team is now made of 33 year olds and more.

Without cr7 juve would not have come this far, simple.. incase you dont know, juve have scored 7 goals in knockout stages since cr7's arrival, and all these goals have been scored by cr7...

Agreed juve before cr7 went to 2 finals and one semifinal but you cant compare those teams (pogba, pirlo, vidal) with this current one(matuidi, pjanic, and bentacur)... and besides dont forget in one of those finals and the semi final that mentioned, cr7 taught them a hard lession..

You claim that messi is old, but you are forgetting that cr7 was also 33 years old when he destroyed Bayern

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by 12345baba(m): 7:44am On Aug 15, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright....I dey reason am say the rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo is beyond human comprehension... because most times when Ronaldo exit Messi follows or when Messi exits then Ronaldo follows

As an ardent supporter of Barcelona and lover of Messi
I was aware that the defeat of yesterday is gonna happen..
Am not a biased Moda fuckkker...i say it the way it is..

Have been saying it...
Immediately after that Napoli's game.....this was exactly what i said

I just dey pity Barcelona

If them repeat wetin them play against Napoli then i can bet my balls they are going out when they face Bayern Munich
Suarez was acting like actor instead of him to be serious
Falling and rolling on the floor for every little touch
Greizmann is no where to be found....
They better be serious or lewandowski will score them every minute
I shock when that guy score five goals within nine minutes
Muller own even worse.....you nor go see am for inside field but the next thing you go hear from commentator na

Goal! Goal! Thomas muller

hahahaha. Muller part made me laff. I thought I was the only one that noticed, the guy is so invisible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by OlawaleBammie: 7:47am On Aug 15, 2020
Drienzia:
You just have to give it to those Bayern players, the players gave their all, A very decent teamwork, pace and control, Goal poachers. This has to be the best team in Europe since the Barcelona team of 2011/2012.
U meant to say Barca team of 2010/2011...

Cus Barca team of 2011/2012 didn't win the champions League, didn't win laliga as well

2 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Seventy7kings: 7:48am On Aug 15, 2020
tesppidd:

As for Messi he's older and slower and his team is now made of 33 year olds and more.
you forgot to add, 'without Ronaldo, Real Madrid have not crossed UCL quarter final'. I 8 2 see a pained hypocrite grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Kazim88: 7:49am On Aug 15, 2020
Messi and or Ronaldo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by bangging(m): 7:50am On Aug 15, 2020
obembet:
The Champions League semi-finals will be devoid of the presence of both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo for the first time since 2005

The startling statistic was confirmed after Barcelona's humiliating 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals.

Ronaldo's Juventus, meanwhile, were knocked out by Lyon at the last-16 stage.

https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/1294385352057204736?s=19
some people's goat did not score a single goal?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by joyandfaith: 7:50am On Aug 15, 2020
ThierryJay:
Barca's collapse yesterday was a systemic one that had been long-coming. The real problem was about the way Barca played which got them exposed against a rampaging Bayern Munich side. BARCA play without PACE and ENERGY while just relying on technical ability. It is therefore no surprise that an energetic, precise team is able to shred their lethargic defence apart with ease yet and yet again. Yes, maybe Messi might have hustled a bit more to score one goal, but there was absolutely nothing he could have done to minimize the humiliation with the lethargic way the team was set-up.

Barca need to bring in ATHLETIC and technically gifted players to rebuild the team. And that entire defence needs to be overhauled as they defend like school boys. The team lacks intensity and any opponent that does a bit of strong pressing (Liverpool, Man city, Madridi) will take this current barca team to the cleaners, Messi notwithstanding.

This match has just shown that a working team system beats individual prowess. Coutinho that has not been particularly brilliant even at Bayern was able to score 2 goals and had 1 assist. This shows that it was more about the team set-up than the individual players. Kudos to the Bayern coach. A working system makes an average player look good e.g Wijnaldum, Henderson, while an ineffective set-up can make a very good player look bad e.g Frenkie De Jong, Ter Stegen today.

you said it all.
but messi has to leave barca. no star players would like to come to Barca and play under his shadow. neymar joined barca so he can take over from messi but because messi-Ronaldo rivalry, many star players were not paid attention to.

4 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Kroos8: 7:50am On Aug 15, 2020
Le2money:
Despite this, the Balloon D'or is still btw the two. UEFA na cheat.... They don't encourage the young lads at all... I blv if dey retires today , they will still be nominating them... Mtcheeew

Lewandowski will win the Ballon d'or next year.
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by steeltrust: 7:50am On Aug 15, 2020
saxietohgbaskie:
These guys are coming back better next season!!! Especially Ronaldo. I think it’s time for Messi to lookout for new challenges elsewhere. That Barca team is just like arsenal without Messi.
fear no go let am

u wan kill am

messi is like mummy's boy oh
any were mummy go NY em de go

3 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by chlowi(f): 7:51am On Aug 15, 2020
i guess it is a new era
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Rossonero: 7:52am On Aug 15, 2020
tesppidd:

I no just understand people with half baked news they carry up and down. Juve was way far better and very interesting to watch. Thanks for countering that one bro.

1 Like

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by ojaysam25(m): 7:53am On Aug 15, 2020
Sicilyjoe:
Poster is Ronaldo ass licker, why pic of Ronaldo with trophy and Messi without trophy ?
Which Trophy did you want her to post na grin....is it the immobile Trophy or dybala Trophy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Henrydata(m): 7:53am On Aug 15, 2020
Ok

Meanwhile check my signature
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Exonerate1(m): 7:54am On Aug 15, 2020
paulolee:
bad, the both of them have really tried, the most consistent players ever in ucl and make them both rest abeg..
but pls mr o.p dont u think you can still pass your message in this post without including that 2-8 score board, what you sre doing isnt fair knowing that the pics is giving us bad memories about last nite.
barca were soo poor and were destroyed last nite, dey would sack the coach n dts normal wich isnt fair because all dt barca players were bad even my goat..
the painful thing is dt, its the last game of the season and the memories would last longer and also coutinho was on loan from barca have the guts to join disgracing barca, dts wickedness
I love the fact that y'all(messi fans) are already appreciating Cristiano.

Sorry for ur 8 - 2 Loss,it's Football.

2 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by tesppidd: 7:54am On Aug 15, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Without cr7 juve would not have come this far, simple.. incase you dont know, juve have scored 7 goals in knockout stages since cr7's arrival, and all these goals have been scored by cr7...

Agreed juve before cr7 went to 2 finals and one semifinal but you cant compare those teams (pogba, pirlo, vidal) with this current one(matuidi, pjanic, and bentacur)... and besides dont forget in one of those finals and the semi final that mentioned, cr7 taught them a hard lession..

You claim that messi is old, but you are forgetting that cr7 was also 33 years old when he destroyed Bayern
Sure they are both old and their levels have dropped.
But I was only responding to the person who said that it was because of Ronaldo that Juve made it far.

Let's not turn logic on its head because we want to worship Ronaldo.

The stats prove that Ronaldo's arrival set Juve back in the UCL. No amount of glory singing can change that fact.

2 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by zeusdgrt(m): 7:56am On Aug 15, 2020
tesppidd:

Excuses,she is saying the Truth don't let ur hate for ororo cloud ur sense of reasoning grin grin
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by ojaysam25(m): 7:57am On Aug 15, 2020
steeltrust:
fear no go let am

u wan kill am

messi is like mummy's boy oh
any were mummy go NY em de go
grin
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by tesppidd: 7:58am On Aug 15, 2020
Seventy7kings:
you forgot to add, 'without Ronaldo, Real Madrid have not crossed UCL quarter final'. I 8 2 see a pained hypocrite grin
Without Bale actually.

For 4 seasons Real Madrid had Ronaldo but never won the UCL until they signed Gareth Bale.

That's how you give other people's credit to Ronaldo.
Just as Eder won the Euros for Portugal and you gave the credit to Ronaldo.

grin grin grin
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by kmaster007: 8:01am On Aug 15, 2020
fatymore:
Yesterday match was oporrrrrrr.

4by6/6by6 with 2 pcs 3500

Good Morning
how much last price
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by owiecomforter(m): 8:03am On Aug 15, 2020
There are 8 ways 2 score goals...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 15, 2020
I weep for Messi
The humiliation was too terrible
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by semyman: 8:06am On Aug 15, 2020
End of an era is before us
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by BewareOf419: 8:06am On Aug 15, 2020
What is 8+2?
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by RPG2020(m): 8:06am On Aug 15, 2020
paulolee:
bad, the both of them have really tried, the most consistent players ever in ucl and make them both rest abeg..
but pls mr o.p dont u think you can still pass your message in this post without including that 2-8 score board, what you sre doing isnt fair knowing that the pics is giving us bad memories about last nite.
barca were soo poor and were destroyed last nite, dey would sack the coach n dts normal wich isnt fair because all dt barca players were bad even my goat..
the painful thing is dt, its the last game of the season and the pains would last longer and also coutinho that was on loan from barca have the guts to join disgracing barca, dts wickedness

This is just the beginning bro take heart � until barca sell una � goat give one native doctor for Benin Republic no level again for una
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by sammy7410(m): 8:08am On Aug 15, 2020
Rip

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 by fatymore(f): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2020
kmaster007:
how much last price

Last price Sir.

This is a top-notch cotton material Sir.

Friendly to the skin and enabler for a good sound sleep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Fans Turn Out For The Bundesliga Trophy In Abuja / Buhari Celebrates Golden Eaglets' Victory; Urges Them To Go For The Cup / Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.