Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,870 members, 7,806,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours (47086 Views)

Groom's Parents, Siblings, Others Die In Fatal Accident After Wedding In Bayelsa / Lagos Traffic- Life Inside The World's Worst Traffic Jam / Ambode Solving Lagos Traffic Problems With Common Sense (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by FAIRALL(m): 1:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
Things are really getting harder for the youths. The father of the groom obviously married before 24 while the son could only marry at 31.

Lagos traffic is terrible!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by 2special(m): 1:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
Lagos traffic, so terrible
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by cadesky(m): 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
Lagos is the sole reason I refuse to return to Lagos after NYSC in Kano since 2018... I cannot comman spend half of my life inside vehicle... God 4bid

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Crochet: 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
He could have avoid this mess by lodging his parents in a hotel close to the venue of the wedding. Smhw common sense is not common

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
Queenlovely:
[s]on wedding day, everything and anything can go wrong, every after the best preparation, one final hiccup can happen

it’s time for you to get back into the planning stages. No wedding is perfect so enjoy the process and don’t forget to laugh a little! Life throws a lot of curve balls, so don’t take it too seriously.

2016 we went to a wedding fathia in Montenegro and the bride fell and broke her leg because of the high heels,

life is never a straight line(linear ). nothing goes as planned

Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong".[/s]
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Darligold(m): 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
www.extramoneybag..com

Check this out and thank me later
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Nelly4you: 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
nice one
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Awka4chinoidio: 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2020
cadesky:
Lagos is the sole reason I refuse to return to Lagos after NYSC in Kano since 2018... I cannot comman spend half of my life inside vehicle... God 4bid
Lol.. It is not worth it
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by elisho: 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2020
why not keep them in a hotel close to the place

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by FA13(m): 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2020
IfGodbeforus:
May Nothing withhold , Delay or Make us Miss the Marriage Supper of the Lamb

Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
Awka4chinoidio:

Lol.. It is not worth it
But Lagos is where the money at.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
cadesky:
But Lagos is where the money at.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by jacoik(m): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
kalvoken:
My uncles swore never to attend anything we decides to hold in LAGOS, after experiencing those sunday TRAFFIC when they came for my brother's wedding. grin grin grin

They were like; IF IT'S NOT HOLDING IN ENUGU, JUST SEND US THE VIDEO OF HOW THINGS WENT.
lolxxxxx hahahaha aswear. I agree with him jare. just send him the video biko
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Royalfurnitures: 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
Question is, did they leave on time considering Lagos traffic situations

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Tajbol4splend(m): 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
Some kind of bullet may have been dodged in some way, who knows
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Drizzy5001(m): 2:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
Na im be say I go cancel my plan of relocating to Lagos o shocked shocked
Na Abuja sure pass
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by styless(f): 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2020
I believe
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2020
Eko o ni baje cool
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
Islie:

PUNCH

Thought they said yorubas don't pay bride price? Or isn't that why they're always ranting that they don't sell their daughters?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Bluffly: 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
Not serious at all. Leaving home at 9am. I left my house with everyone that matters by 6am to my venue while my wife was already lodge in a very close by hotel.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Openbusiness: 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
Lagos, the only city in the world where out of 24 hours per day God gave you, Lagos will collect 14 hours as daily traffic tax grin. Go and manage the remaining 10 hours for yourself

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by legionISproteus: 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
Comments from Lagos residents taking pride in the traffic situation is disgusting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Tumbulum: 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
And it will even get worse in the future with concentration of all sea ports in Lagos
Decentralize the Nigeria port operation and watch the population of Lagos reduce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by alizma: 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
No be Lagos? The only state that you will enter and you will suddenly look up only to see another sign post written, this way to Lagos then you ask yourself "where am I"?
That sign post is in Oshodi

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by OlujobaSamuel: 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
Lol, I remember my Intro scheduled for 12:30, I left home at 9, got stuck in traffic at Ipaja Church and Osi Ota from 11, alighted from the vehicle, took a bike with my parents, got to venue at 3pm. Fear catch my wife ehn, my Father-in-law just dey calm her down.
One of our neighbour wan do engagement, I even thought the story is the same with what Punch reported.
Coming from Mowe, scheduled for 1pm, it was on a Saturday, traffic, overheating, etc, all guest don go home, they arrived Ijegun at 11:30pm

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Femeto: 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
Islie:

PUNCH
Next time you lodge at an hotel very close to the venue of the wedding. Lagos is a crazy place. Some people have missed their wedding by making such mistakes.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Reference(m): 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
Whenever I attend a function in Lagos I stay in a hotel closest to the location. There is always one decent enough. I cannot tolerate traffic.

One of the main reasons I ended my days in Lagos in 2003 finally and permanently until the city is sorted out.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by lowkeybahdguy(m): 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
Queenlovely:
on wedding day, everything and anything can go wrong, even after the best preparation, one final hiccup can happen

it’s time for you to get back into the planning stages. No wedding is perfect so enjoy the process and don’t forget to laugh a little! Life throws a lot of curve balls, so don’t take it too seriously.

2016 we went to a wedding fathia in Montenegro and the bride fell and broke her leg because of the high heels,

life is never a straight line(linear ). nothing goes as planned

Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong".

amor fati
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Reference(m): 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2020
Femeto:
Next time you lodge at an hotel very close to the venue of the wedding. Lagos is a crazy place. Some people have missed their wedding by making such mistakes.

Exactly. Create a small triangle between venue, hotel and airport and always first flight out, 6.30am. Bye,bye.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Reference(m): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
Drizzy5001:
Na im be say I go cancel my plan of relocating to Lagos o shocked shocked
Na Abuja sure pass

Absolutely. There is nowhere I am going I cannot make it in 15 minutes though I don't roam about town. The furtherest is the airport and that is 45 minutes of high speed driving.... love that.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Most Popular Areas In Lagos And The Origin Of Their Names / An African Migrant's Story: 'Libya Is Too Dangerous' (Graphic Photos) / Heavily Overloaded Bus Spotted Recently On A Highway (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.