Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? (18608 Views)

Lockdown: Ongoing Protest In My Area, At Ibeju Lekki / Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Akano5(m): 10:58am On Aug 18, 2020
Bad
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by authority2006(m): 11:01am On Aug 18, 2020
They say Buhari is a failure, yet everyone is reporting stable electricity even when we can't attribute it to rainfall like before as rain is not falling. Someone spent 60 billion dollars on power projects in this country but nothing to show. Sai Buhari, the silent achiever.

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Gleampaints(m): 11:04am On Aug 18, 2020
The most interesting part is that this people do send message when there will be power outage for long, stating the reasons for the outage, the time it will he restored and they never disappoints with the time...
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2020
authority2006:
They say Buhari is a failure, yet everyone is reporting stable electricity even when we can't attribute it to rainfall like before as rain is not falling. Someone spent 60 billion dollars on power projects in this country but nothing to show. Sai Buhari, the silent achiever.
undecidedundecided how is it buhari's business, electricity distribution is in the hands of private companies. Let's bring up the case of water distribution gringringrin make we no even start on that one. But places like uyo that have only 4hrs to 6hrs light nko.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Petervictor: 11:09am On Aug 18, 2020
I stay at shango tedo ajah Lagos, an average of 24hrs, some days it will be 20hrs, ours improved this year.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by airminem(f): 11:09am On Aug 18, 2020
Angelfrost:

If Parkview no see light, who else go see am??!...

Let's leave highbrow areas... I will like to know how many people living across the mainlands and slums have up to 12hour power supply in a day.
wink
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Onlinesmart: 11:10am On Aug 18, 2020
Obada here in Abẹ́òkúta uses light as if na there Kainji dam dey. I just don't understand why others go dey enjoy and others go dey suffer.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by femi4: 11:11am On Aug 18, 2020
ume1000:
that movie title is actually THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF MAGIC
The 2013 remake was titled NOW YOU SEE ME

Same plot different twist
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by ume1000: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2020
femi4:
The 2013 remake was titled NOW YOU SEE ME

Same plot different twist
okay
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by ikorodureporta: 11:14am On Aug 18, 2020
Here in Ikorodu, the bill is almost 10k.. they'v refused to use the 112kw/h billing cap rate
.abt 9hrs daily
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by airminem(f): 11:15am On Aug 18, 2020
Okay in mainland Ijaiye, ojokoro, jankara area, kola area, ijoko powerline area, et all.
evansjeff:
So it's straight forward.

I will start with mine, I have been hearing of 24hrs steady light, I never believed until recently, I am in Benin City, Edo state. The area I stay in Benin, we have 24hrs stable light. Though we heard the line is a special federal line.

Sometimes self, the light dey tire me, I've been thinking about how to make maximum use of it.

So tell us yours, indicate your state and exact town.

Let's get this on front page to have a wider view cross the country.
enjoy your research/project. I have tried for u tongue
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 18, 2020
MrSquint:
Saint John off Iwofe Road, Port Harcourt no light since June, 2020 but bills are still coming.
Ewo. Nigeria we hail thee.

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by authority2006(m): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2020
SegFault:

undecidedundecided how is it buhari's business, electricity distribution is in the hands of private companies. Let's bring up the case of water distribution gringringrin make we no even start on that one. But places like uyo that have only 4hrs to 6hrs light nko.

You said distribution yourself. You saw all that pictures, the money that went into it wasn't from the private pulse but from the FG. As Uyo and the rest, we're not there yet. Sometimes, distribution is the problem, like having faulty and weak transformers in the locality. The problem might not be generation or transmission but simply distribution. Sometimes, DISCOs refused to buy all energy generated by the GENCOs thereby leaving excess energy generated undistributed
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by SirMichael1: 11:18am On Aug 18, 2020
Niger state

2hrs in the morning and 2hrs at night. Out of 24hrs, my area can boast of 20hrs blackout.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by TERFAU(m): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2020
22%,power supply here in Gboko Benue state

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Gmark26: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2020
seunlayi:
3 hrs/per day
Are you in lafia with me. Same 3 hours.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Ahmed0336(m): 11:20am On Aug 18, 2020
5 hours daily Jos Road, Lafia Nasarawa State.
3 hours during day time and 2 hours at night.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by solarview(m): 11:21am On Aug 18, 2020
I have 247, 365days light but I don't use PHCN, or Generator only Solar energy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Ahmed0336(m): 11:21am On Aug 18, 2020
Gmark26:
Are you in lafia with me. Same 3 hours.

We dey here
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by SaintLucia: 11:23am On Aug 18, 2020
Tecord1:
what are you saying, is it the job of TCN to provide transformers for areas without one, or is it the job of TCN to replace low capacity transformers with High capacity ones in areas where the current load far exceed what is supplied. Is it the job of TCN to replace the bad cables in our streets? It is high time we stop blaming others for our failure. Let them live up to their responsibility
If only u follow news and watch Journalists Hangout when they discussed the issue of the improvement in power.... If only..I repeat if only u follow news and not BBN. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by SirMichael1: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2020
fact45:
Sometimes a week or months with steady power supply, mokwa Niger state
Guy, in MINNA, it's 4 hrs daily. When it rains the previous night, forget light the next day.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Lukayly: 11:28am On Aug 18, 2020
My area in Kwara State, Ilorin to be precise, I can say I now enjoy like 15hrs of electricity a day
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Geekamon(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2020
Na wa ooo. I dey see 24hrs on average. Make una try dey talk true na
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by BoboKush(m): 11:33am On Aug 18, 2020
Ibadan ma area here is having about 12-15hrs per day
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Etinosa1234: 11:34am On Aug 18, 2020
braveboi4life:
Lagos, Isolo, Ago Palace way, an average of 20hrs everyday in the last one month

Bro...so e reach ur side too...

I dey kemist and the lite has been on for close to four days now.

They took it around 10 this morning

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by BoboKush(m): 11:36am On Aug 18, 2020
Onlinesmart:
Obada here in Abẹ́òkúta uses light as if na there Kainji dam dey. I just don't understand why others go dey enjoy and others go dey suffer.

Life no balance na
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Tecord1(m): 11:39am On Aug 18, 2020
SaintLucia:
If only u follow news and watch Journalists Hangout when they discussed the issue of the improvement in power.... If only..I repeat if only u follow news and not BBN. grin
Eya.... Pele o. Tell us you are a follower of BBN. I don't judge with peoples opinion. I judge based on the realities on ground. Does the guys or journalist on hangout stay in my town for them to know whats happening in my place? Or it it the incorrect news being peddled by the half bake copy and paste journalist we have here. Until we start telling our selves the truth, we won't be ready for the change we snitch desire.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Nicepoker(m): 11:40am On Aug 18, 2020
PopeFlatino:
Please who knows where I can get Mannequins in Onitsha main Market?,,both d headless and the ones with head?

And the price ranges .. Please reply asap
How about the pregnant ones.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Tecord1(m): 11:46am On Aug 18, 2020
authority2006:

You said distribution yourself. You saw all that pictures, the money that went into it wasn't from the private pulse but from the FG. As Uyo and the rest, we're not there yet. Sometimes, distribution is the problem, like having faulty and weak transformers in the locality. The problem might not be generation or transmission but simply distribution. Sometimes, DISCOs refused to buy all energy generated by the GENCOs thereby leaving excess energy generated undistributed
this is an example of those who actually follow news and know what the problem is exactly. Unlike @saint Lucia who speaks based on "them say them say". I which you can see and read this guys comment so you can learn
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by konamide(m): 11:51am On Aug 18, 2020
Light has been very steady here in Ota, averaging bout 23 hours per day for bout a month now.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Olarewaju89: 11:51am On Aug 18, 2020
quickberry:

These places are in Ogun state

So ogun state is not part of Nigeria abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

CJN Ariwoola's Comment On Makinde, G5 Govs Was Twisted - Supreme Court / Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs / Yahaya Bello Cerebrating Court's Victory Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.