Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,430 members, 7,781,250 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:18 AM

What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? (18487 Views)

Lockdown: Ongoing Protest In My Area, At Ibeju Lekki / How Is The Power Situation In Your Area During This Strike? / Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by rikatrina: 11:53am On Aug 18, 2020
Eliowhani, Rivers State 8am-11am then 10pm-1am sometimes no power for days.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by kenny5811(m): 11:55am On Aug 18, 2020
we dey even fear dis new EEDC bornagain package o.. steady power for 2mnths now nd d community is shocked n scared.... abi NEPA get bad plan ni? (owerri North LGA)
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by gbengaoyeladun(m): 11:55am On Aug 18, 2020
In my area in Lagos....they have not taken it for the past 3weeks

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Goodplace: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
In Eliozu Road around Residents of the Pipeline Axis in Port Harcourt...

Despite the fact that they collected millions of naira from occupants in a bid to connect them to the federal line,

Power situation is still very bad and epileptic. Most time 2 -3 week straight no light...
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by quickberry(m): 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
Olarewaju89:

So ogun state is not part of Nigeria abi?

Read the post I quoted, before quoting me and typing rubbish
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Goodplace: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
In Eliozu around Pipeline area, in Port Harcourt Rivers state PHCN has billed the Residents millions of naira to connect them into the Federal line...

But up till now the people are still experiencing epileptic power supply.

Most times 2-3 weeks straight no light...

Yet they bring bills.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by erobes: 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
Somewhere in lagos,at most 12hours/day. But this my community has decided to "share" the light "1-day on,1-day off". They claimed it is to make the transformer last longer due to the increasing number of houses.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by muriunited(m): 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2020
In my area here (ENJEMA), Ankpa Kogi State we only have light twice in a year and that twice is 1 1/2 hour

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by lekki1444: 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2020
23 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES A DAY FOR 3 MONTHS NOW i dont even think my generator will start again because it has not been touched for 3 months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Reference(m): 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
Light goes out for five minutes every 5 to 6 days on average at my place. It is an undisclosed gated community somewhere in the middle of Abuja. But that is not reflective of the rest of Abuja Central or the FCT as a whole.

I am totally power independent at my business premises in the other parts of the Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Mummyfour(f): 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
swiz123:
It stays long enough to charge my phone to 15%. I am grateful for the improvement, and I hope it gets even better
this is sarcasm at its peak. 15% of battery and them do well. I laugh in Chinese language

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Sivou1(m): 12:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
Egbeda area of Lagos with 20 to 22 hours a day for over 2 months now.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by funsho4man(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2020
The situation, in my area, Kwara State, Ilorin. Odota particularly, we are not enjoying the electricity, to the people living Airport . but it manageable.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Awaoyelmoni(m): 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
The crop of power station workers we have at my locality are what I'll describe as, deliberate in supplying power and I applaud that, they interrupt power at hours it's not quite needed (i.e for domestic use) and restore it at strategic hours when it's needed say in the morning and evening time
p.s I can't say that favors the commercial sector though...
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by oluwakayode25(m): 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
McCoy662:

Just say for the areas u know. Where I stay in Ebonyi, sometimes we go weeks without light. The most annoying thing is that a matured NEPA employee can just wake up one day and start flashing the light. It has been like that for over 4 months I moved in here. Any one that stays in Ebonyi and is using Ogoja line can attest to this.

Verdict: on average, 30 mins per day.

That's sad. I served at iboko 2015/16.....
Light was average tho...
Bad at first but later became average..
I was always looking for where to charge
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Kabir5643(m): 12:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
Skynet45:
We have had light now 24/7 for one week cool cool agege
No be this agege, bros

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kabir5643:

No be this agege, bros
pencinema side
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by akanjikokoro: 12:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
Fairly stable for now.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Rikze: 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
In Warri, Udu to be precise it's 10 hours per week.

BEDC is heartless to say the least.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Numero9: 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
As Elections don dey near, light go stable small. Wait make e pass fes.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Sirmwill: 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ewww

All this poverty stricken comments are gonna make me puke

Some people here don't even having power supply at all.Yuck

Well
For me,we live in a place where if you see light,it must be someone pointing torch light from a passing by plane

Our entire community is always black in the night.Some people that have generators always decide to put off all their lights to avoid railway tracks of extension sockets...lol

Just kidding though
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by zicobaba2012(m): 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
Prechgold1180:
Mu guy d way we take dey get light now
Me dey fear

Atleast 23 hr 40 minutes everyday

for Sango ota light for my area na superb regular for the past 3 weeks now��
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Sirmwill: 1:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
In case any body has any money he or she is not using again.

Throw it here
Fidelity Bank

Lol
Maybe when you need it.I can throw it back to you
lol
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Kayleb26(m): 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2020
In my area of Lagos we get power supply for about 6 -8 hours everyday.
when I got tired of the matter I got myself an all in one solar home system that power my tv, decoder, LED bulbs, fan and charges my phone and laptop.

Right now I supply to people in my neigborhood make dem follow enjoy a taste of stable electricity.
Call/Whatsapp me on 08086062072 to place an order. Same day delivery Within Lagos and 48 hours delivery max, nationwide.

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Prechgold1180(m): 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
zicobaba2012:
for Sango ota light for my area na superb regular for the past 3 weeks now��
We had plans of celebrating 10 days with uninterrupted Power supply
But dey took it on d 8th day
They took it around 1am in d night and brought it around 1: 30
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
I hope you guys posting 24/7 know what you are saying. I live in a remote area of Ifo in Ogun State. Olose titun to be precise, it's always three times in a week for atmost 20hours of stability for each day and mostly at night when people are asleep.
Though where we were living before going to our permanent site(the said location) in the outer part of Ifo experience good power stability. Though not constant but there is always light everyday. I hope government can do exceedingly great to stop people from shouting UP NEPA
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Abdogood(m): 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2020
FROM MAGBORO TO OPIC HERE IN OGUN STATE. LESS DAN 12HRS IN TWO DAYS.

LIKE 7-8 TO DAYS OF LIGHT IN A MONTH.

Ebi like those people there really offend Nepa big time. Always fault from Akute and Abule Egba feeder.

Truth be told dem be dey enjoy light before before oooo before everything cast...
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by benqo01(m): 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
Well Here in Uyo where I stay
it's 2hrs daily 10am-12am
Very poor I swear
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by CapitalBank: 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
Officialgarri:
I don't want to start stating details of how frequent public electricity has been but most people will agree with me that there is more than 50% improvement in electric supply in the past 2 years.

We are not where a country of 60 years old ought to be but we must give it to Buhari on this one

I once lived in a Federal estate in Abuja where we had no light for about six months. Thanks to Obasanjo
APC soldiers sha... 2 years really?
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by SaintLucia: 1:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
Tecord1:
Eya.... Pele o. Tell us you are a follower of BBN. I don't judge with peoples opinion. I judge based on the realities on ground. Does the guys or journalist on hangout stay in my town for them to know whats happening in my place? Or it it the incorrect news being peddled by the half bake copy and paste journalist we have here. Until we start telling our selves the truth, we won't be ready for the change we snitch desire.
Why this essay? Do I look like your project supervisor? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Senator Buruji Kashamu Fingered In OPC- Cultists Clash At Ijebu Igbo / Police Offers N9.5M Reward Over Death Of Lawmaker’s Son In UK. Photos / Twitter Ban: SERAP, 176 Nigerians Drag Buhari To ECOWAS Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.