Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,005 members, 7,806,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? (21310 Views)

2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie / Pastor Adeboye: "Abiola, Tofa, Aminu Kano, June 12 Election; What God Told Me" / Lord's Chosen Church Member With Tire In Action (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Ofemmanu1: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

I was very sure. My visions had always been 99% correct all the time. I was barely about 3 months in the ministry and you expect me to tell someone that her child should not leave Nigeria after procuring visa?

It's either you're a gambler or a bet9ja customer.
How on Earth will Almighty GOD show you a revelation of a shitty man and you refused to tell him?!
Why why why?!!

What kinda pastor are you?!
Is it because of the shitty offering/tithe they give you?!

If you were Moses, Israelites would have perished in Egypt.

Bad day.

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by alBHAGDADI: 10:29am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:
Let me start from here: I have what it takes to be a pastor and I had numerous visions that confirmed my calling. But I have a disability, and I refused to go into pastoral ministry since 2005. I came into the full-time ministry a few months ago. I came into the ministry because it seemed God was the one punishing me for refusing to do the needful.

Then a church member came to me for blessing saying that her child already procured visa to travel out. That was before covid19 break. I prayed for the child. But God revealed to me in a vision at night that the child should not leave Nigeria, and that it will end in tears. I didn't tell them anything about the vision and the child left Nigeria.

The child has just been deported and a lot of money down the drain.

How should a pastor handle this kind of thing without offending those looking for counseling? I will pray for forgiveness, but can God hold me accountable for this error?

You are consulting spiritism and claimi ng it is God that revealed to you in a vision. Everything God has to say to mankind is in the Bible. Any new revelation is not the word of God. If you say God told you something in a vision, then add it to the Bible. But note that there is a curse on whoever adds to God's word. So, saying you heard God's word other than what's contained in the Bible is falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by kingeze88(m): 10:30am On Aug 16, 2020
Sharap there. God no tell you anything. Where he stay talk to you? For your palour or.....
Mtcheeew
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by RTSC: 10:30am On Aug 16, 2020
The Holy Spirit gave you a revelation, and you are scared of what man will say?

Mere mortal man?

Just ask God for forgiveness from the bottom of your heart.

If you don't stop withholding whenever he asks you to speak, he will stop talking to you.

Your ministry will be given to another.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by klenton(m): 10:31am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:
Let me start from here: I have what it takes to be a pastor and I had numerous visions that confirmed my calling. But I have a disability, and I refused to go into pastoral ministry since 2005. I came into the full-time ministry a few months ago. I came into the ministry because it seemed God was the one punishing me for refusing to do the needful.

Then a church member came to me for blessing saying that her child already procured visa to travel out. That was before covid19 break. I prayed for the child. But God revealed to me in a vision at night that the child should not leave Nigeria, and that it will end in tears. I didn't tell them anything about the vision and the child left Nigeria.

How should a pastor handle this kind of thing without offending those looking for counseling? I will pray for forgiveness, but can God hold me accountable for this error?

I completely understand your situation
it's not easy been a our purveyor of bad news, u were only been human but God has shown you that his ways are beyond human understanding

but you should have somehow let them know about the message while still not discouraging them

at the same time, this is an opportunity missed for you as you would have been proving right to the glory of God while your stock rises
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 16, 2020
God way are usually wierd,sometimes he tells you to do things that are non conformist to test your faith. The reality is that it is not God you disappointed in this matter but yourself. When the woman see you now she might just hiss in her mind.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by freeborn02: 10:32am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

I was very sure. My visions had always been 99% correct all the time. I was barely about 3 months in the ministry and you expect me to tell someone that her child should not leave Nigeria after procuring visa?

Were you afraid to lose the membership of the parents and the child? Is that why you refused to tell them the truth?

If God shows you and you don't do the needful, then you are telling God you can't be trusted.

Then you are telling God you don't appreciate His Gift and Calling.

Then you are telling God you prefer human praise to Heavenly approval.

The dangers are limitless.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by chrismastre5(m): 10:34am On Aug 16, 2020
MY BROTHER, GOD HAS ALREADY HELD YOU ACCOUNTABLE. THE REASON SUCH GIFT WAS GIVEN TO IS FOR PURPOSES SUCH AS THIS. HAD IT BEEN THE POOR GUY HAD THE GRACE OF VISSION, HE WOULD'NT HAVE TRAVELLED IN FIRST PLACE
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Stephenomozzy(m): 10:34am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

Deliver God's message as you receive it. It is now up to the receiver to obey or not.

Don't skew God's message even when it doesn't seem to agree with your understanding of common sense.

Pray for forgiveness and pray for the blessing of the person so he can recover that which he had lost... What if he had lost his life? So be grateful God took away murder from your hands.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by DOnlooker(m): 10:35am On Aug 16, 2020
I am more concerned about how the child just got deported back to Nigeria with closed international airspace (at least officially). Did the foreign government smuggle him back into the country via cargo plane ? Most countries have even halted repatriations since the outbreak of covid-19.

11 Likes

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by RTSC: 10:35am On Aug 16, 2020
kingeze88:
Sharap there. God no tell you anything. Where he stay talk to you? For your palour or.....
Mtcheeew
You should be careful.

It's not everytime you talk. If you are not sure, shut up.

The Holy Spirit is not to be trifled with.

3 Likes

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by timbaJ: 10:35am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

Can't you ask your God this question?

3 Likes

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Sterope(f): 10:37am On Aug 16, 2020
Many people gets visions. It doesn't mean they should become a pastor. The least you can do is to advice and seek intercession against life.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by InvertedHammer: 10:37am On Aug 16, 2020
/

Hunger-induced hallucination is real.

Save yourself first.

/

5 Likes

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by adanny01(m): 10:39am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

It sounds to me you are testing God. You are also not confident in the visions you have or the purpose of your ministry.

I do believe we as humans should not think of what God will do, rather, we should be quick to find his grace on our own accord then leave the rest to God.

Remember the story of Jonah.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Imhooded: 10:41am On Aug 16, 2020
Can I contact you?
Beosten:

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by lascos912(m): 10:41am On Aug 16, 2020
maybe you should ask from other pastors

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by DabFrankNG: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

Did you do that out of the fear of men or the love of Dollars? You tell them one thing when you are sure God is saying the opposite.

How do you know a true man of God - when he says something and it comes to pass. You blessed the trip and it turned out to be a curse, do you expect them to believe you again?

Now if you had been the only pastor who warned him not to make the trip and you later become justified, don't you think he will start believing you as a true man of God among the several thousands in the land!
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Samakus(m): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

I believe in God talking to some of his oracles. I will like you to pray for me. If at the end of the prayer, God told you something about me, pls share. God bless you sir
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

Not at all.
God could easily have spoken to the person Himself.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by nellyelitz(m): 10:44am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

punishing? Your god is wicked!
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:46am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

Is God's message selective

If you had told them, they would be better prepared

By now, they would be sure that God sent you!

With all due respect, what's the benefits of your blessings when the boy came back worse

You wanted them to think highly of you then but now

Is obedience to God's work not better than sacrifice

2 Likes

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Graxie(f): 10:48am On Aug 16, 2020
Why didn't God reveal it to the family? The Cornelius story is a typical example; yours would have been a confirmation.

God has standards; he will first reveal to the person concern before a witness.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Judybash93(m): 10:48am On Aug 16, 2020
So, can you tell us the things you've seen that have been confirmed to be true?

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by bomsilaga(m): 10:48am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

Good morning,
I have this same gift and calling since 2005 too. Yeah funny and strangely true.
When visions became clearer and clearer, I asked the Holy Spirit what all the calling was about?
I was told it's not for full time ministry and all the pastor thing but just for counseling.
God will not hold you accountable but you will experience some drop in the frequency and clarity of the visions till you get mature in spiritual things.
Ask G-d to specifically show you the area of ministry you fall under.
Cheers and don't blame yourself, they were also supposed to rely on G-d's leading and not yours.
One more thing from a brother to another, please remove focus from you and always point people to the finished work of Christ on the cross.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by georgekingsley: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

Please how can I reach you?
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by ylaa(f): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2020
He will not only blame you but will punish you severely yes I mean severely. Go read the book of Ezekiel3:18-19
No be talk am.
It also depends if it was a message God wanted you to pass to the person or it was just for you to know.

Meanwhile, are you looking for a legit way of earning money? *RAGP* is the answer.
R�� Rebellion
A�� Against
G�� Generational
P�� Poverty
������������
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by KaptainAfrika: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2020
Yes.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by bomsilaga(m): 10:54am On Aug 16, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

Deliver God's message as you receive it. It is now up to the receiver to obey or not.

Don't skew God's message even when it doesn't seem to agree with your understanding of common sense.

Pray for forgiveness and pray for the blessing of the person so he can recover that which he had lost... What if he had lost his life? So be grateful God took away murder from your hands.
It's not as easy as you all think.
I once prayed for a sick woman in company of my aunty and I heard clearly she would die next day. That was the most difficult prayer said till date as I kept on babbling nonesense.
Now how do you tell a family in pain that a loved one was going to die no matter what?
Well it's not in all situations but you must apply wisdom.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Dilluted(m): 10:55am On Aug 16, 2020
Just what I was about to f***ing say
Danwakae:

God no tell am anything... Yeye people

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by shaw2(m): 10:56am On Aug 16, 2020
God didn't tell you anything

2 Likes

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by IbnBattuta1960: 10:57am On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

Which kind mumu question be this? Is your answer not suppose to come from God's words?
Na una type they make this country spoil dey go

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Thread For Shiloh 2017 "A New Dawn" / Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.