Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? (21315 Views)

2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie / Pastor Adeboye: "Abiola, Tofa, Aminu Kano, June 12 Election; What God Told Me" / Lord's Chosen Church Member With Tire In Action (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Taiwojon(m): 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
yes

you have a duty to that person as a church pastor, the member of the church are purchase by Jesus Christ so for their blood not to be in your hand tell them the truth preach the truth reveal what God have told you about them.

don't be like false pastor and teacher don't be like the angel in the church in revelation 2 and 3

Jesus save

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by mensos544: 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
Idiot common claiming God's sent. Who r u ? Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Kingstanding: 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

I was very sure. My visions had always been 99% correct all the time. I was barely about 3 months in the ministry and you expect me to tell someone that her child should not leave Nigeria after procuring visa?
. Then you are not serving living God and secondly you fear human being than God. If truly your are a prophet of God you won't mind what people will say but you will deliver the message. Pray to God to make you like Prophet Elijah the fearless Prophet.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Talkingoil(m): 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:
Let me start from here: I have what it takes to be a pastor and I had numerous visions that confirmed my calling. But I have a disability, and I refused to go into pastoral ministry since 2005. I came into the full-time ministry a few months ago. I came into the ministry because it seemed God was the one punishing me for refusing to do the needful.

Then a church member came to me for blessing saying that her child already procured visa to travel out. That was before covid19 break. I prayed for the child. But God revealed to me in a vision at night that the child should not leave Nigeria, and that it will end in tears. I didn't tell them anything about the vision and the child left Nigeria.

The child has just been deported and a lot of money down the drain.

How should a pastor handle this kind of thing without offending those looking for counseling? I will pray for forgiveness, but can God hold me accountable for this error?

When something is revealed to you, pass the message across to the beneficiary or else you'll be held accountable. While passing the message you also need to counsel the beneficiary why the message is for his or her good cus God can't be wrong
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Palado4u(m): 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
God will hold you responsible for your inability to know and recognize His voice in the said matter. Apologies profusely from the bottom of your heart. Try to learn mastery of the voice of God. Pray for more enablement to hear from God clearly and you begin to flourish to God
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Missyajoke(f): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

I was very sure. My visions had always been 99% correct all the time. I was barely about 3 months in the ministry and you expect me to tell someone that her child should not leave Nigeria after procuring visa?
When you're sure why didn't you tell the woman and the child
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by mabea: 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
Danwakae:

God no tell am anything... Yeye people
Hey! Don't give what you cannot take. The insult was not necessary
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by AngelicBeing: 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

Ezekiel 33:3-6
Gbam, no need for too much stories, let the Rhema word answer his questions cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by fynex(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

God rvealed it to you cos you were in the best position to tell her. You said you've been having the calling since 2005 and you also said you just started ministry 3months ago...

I think you should pray for spiritual understanding cos to you you are new but based on your calling you're older and your story still shows that you need to build your confidence in speaking up when given a revelation.

David didnt say because hes new to the ministry, he wouldnt fight Goliath.
You will be held accountable but i believe God will be merciful on you... Thank God the boy didnt die the feelings would have been worse.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by ojaysam25(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
God first before human feelings....you don't want to hurt them with the vision...probably after seeing the joy in their faces....but notwithstanding you should have put God first,the Goodnews is that he is all forgiving...

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by mabea: 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Ezekiel 33 does not apply to you or anyone who is not a descendant of Jacob. Ezekiel's message was rightly to the nation of Israel, not to individuals. Only false prophets in the old covenant gave private oracles, fortune telling, dream interpretation and the lot. The punishment for such persons was death as decreed by God. Deuteronomy 13.

Those who are followers of Jesus Christ listen to the lead of the Spirit of God and the teachings of Jesus Christ.

If you read Acts 23, compare the actions of the prophets there to what God said in Deuteronomy 13 vs 1-6, to see what could have been if those prophets had been under the old covenant.
In that case why then are you a Christian if actually you're one? Remember Jesus came for the Jews

2 Likes

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by mabea: 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
It says there that the prophet might try introduce you to another god. Of course that is an issue too, but so is the first act of the prophet.

According to God's design in Deuteronomy 18, His prophets were mediators between Himself and His people, and acted on behalf of the Nation of Israel, not individuals.
Let me ask you. Why did God give the gift of prophecy and other spiritual gifts? Is it for your personal edification or for the church?
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by mabea: 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
playapayaski:

Exactly
You Mean God should not hold you accountable for anything? That particular god must be a wicked god
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by EkopSparoAyara(m): 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
All this people quoting the Bible, contradictions everywhere..
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Lari03r(m): 12:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:

God made you go insert yourself into a church as yet another MOG? undecided

Anyhow, please read Acts 21. God has not called His followers to become oracles for individuals. You are not called as a fortune teller, or medium or the sort.

You are wrong. The Bible has no private or personal interpretation.

Samuel told Saul what will happen to him before he became King.

David consulted the Urim & Thummin before making his moves.

Jesus said, "he does what the Father shows him."

Ananias was instructed in a vision to pray for Saul the persecutor who later became Paul the apostle.

Paul was invited via spiritual invitation in a dream to Macedonia to preach the gospel.

So many examples abound. Visions are meant to be shared. The spirit of prophets is subject to prophets.

@OP God knows your heart and he will forgive you.

This is a sign to you like Deuteronomy 18:15-22.

You have a responsibility to those people and that's why God showed the vision to you.

Always tell people what God shows you that is meant for them.

Some visions might be heavier than this case, and God will give you wisdom to tackle or relate them.

Remember the gift of God is for you to profit.

Not by selling the visions but by helping the body of Christ to make strides in the right direction.

3 Likes

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by adeiza4u(m): 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
ModestGal:

Prophet, abeg how much dey your account?
Wetin una don innovate?
Please stop deceiving gullible Nigerians and go for mental check up
Thank you.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by blakkydikky(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

You did the right thing because the parent would surely call you an enemy of progress.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by johnoj24(m): 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

This is one of the major problem church is facing today "compromise" many ministers of today hardly tell the truth even when they know it, and that's why they comprise the word of God for one reason or the other.

As a minister you are an intermediary standing between God and the people, you recieve from God and tell the people without fear or favor, and as well receive from people and tell God.

Just speak what God tells you and that is all, except you did not hear anything if not why would you disobey God because of human feelings or whatever.

For church to get back to work again in spirit and in truth we need ministers who can hear and speak to the congregation without fear or favor, a minister with love and fear of God not ministers with love of material things and fear of human.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by PastorBK(m): 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:
Let me start from here: I have what it takes to be a pastor and I had numerous visions that confirmed my calling. But I have a disability, and I refused to go into pastoral ministry since 2005. I came into the full-time ministry a few months ago. I came into the ministry because it seemed God was the one punishing me for refusing to do the needful.

Then a church member came to me for blessing saying that her child already procured visa to travel out. That was before covid19 break. I prayed for the child. But God revealed to me in a vision at night that the child should not leave Nigeria, and that it will end in tears. I didn't tell them anything about the vision and the child left Nigeria.

How should a pastor handle this kind of thing without offending those looking for counseling? I will pray for forgiveness, but can God hold me accountable for this error?
1st you're still learning and you will become more mature as a pastor, being called doesn't mean perfection but sacrifice to lead.
2nd don't be carried away by vision or it's manifestation, you're trying to maintain a record of vision coming to pass instead of doing the work of ministry which is interceding. Even if the vision is bad you can pray and tell them how to pray to avert the evil you've seen, instead of thinking of how to break the bad news. That's y we HV prayers to change ugly situations.

On this matter you HV a huge job of Praying that God restores the family lost value and also pray to God for forgiveness while you learn that evil visions are to be prayed off either you tell them or not.

Hallelujah

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Akell(m): 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

Nobody died in this case.

Damn, how do you interpret your dreams and prophecies if you can't interpret this? You're a comic actor aswear
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Peace666: 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

I have just one sentence for you op.

When the lord speaks to you, just obey.

Lemme add one more...

He is God, let him handle the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by TruthHurts100: 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Stop drinking alcohol to bed. God isn't telling you Jack.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by matthew080: 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Why deceiving yourself, how did u know what you heard was from God and not devil,
Jumping into conclusion that its from God is the real reason why we will tell you its not from GoD,
BE WISE

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by deebrain(m): 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
Bros you will be in trouble O.

Take these steps..

Join (preferably) the prayer department in your church.

Invite the said person to one of the meetings.

In the meeting, give the word of knowledge of the said vision in your meeting (with moderate instructions).

If the given person is convicted, he will come to you, and from there, you can give the whole picture.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Solsix(m): 1:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

U don't even believe the God u are serving. Anyway I don't blame you, everybody makes mistake but try to learn from it. As for the blame it is on u
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by moscobabs(m): 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:

God made you go insert yourself into a church as yet another MOG? undecided

Anywho, please read Acts 21. God has not called His followers to become oracles for individuals. You are not called as a fortune teller, or medium or the sort.

Act 21 verse what pls?
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by prinj(m): 1:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
My Dear, you already know the answer to your question yet you decided to ask, the truth is that
1. Your were disappointed at your present condition just before you are disabled,
2. You lack motivation and faith to God's given instruction over your career
3. You lack faith, you were wallowing on peripherals and vain jangling. Then you abandoned God call. (No progress for disobedience Child. See Luke 15:11–32)
4. You were timid and Wavering to stand your feet and declare God's given message. James 1:6-..., Hebrews 10:23-....,

MESSAGE TO YOU, the Poster
5. Now the truth is that, were part of the guy, family's problem, because you had the solution yet you chooses to keep it away from the (see Ezekiel 33:7-15,....
You were afraid, to relay the true message from God.
Settle your matter with God first, there after you proceed to open confession and reconciliation that is what you need to do to clear your conscience and obtain right relationship with God and the flocks the lord has committed into your hands
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by King2019(m): 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
RTSC:

You should be careful.

It's not everytime you talk. If you are not sure, shut up.

The Holy Spirit is not to be trifled with.

Shepe!!!
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by jaggabban: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
As y'all can see, Muslims haven't said anything to rubbish ur thread but y'all u find all means to get to their threads to spew nonsense. And u start blaming Nairaland for placing an oat b4 getting access.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by motta(m): 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

you speak as the spirit leads sir, that's why you are their spiritual leader and they came to you for prayers , come to think of it will they not say " the pastor prayed Na and told him to go what then happened? .. sometimes 12 years back my pastor made an alter call for those that wish to travel for Christmas , about 7 persons came out and after the prayers my pastor told one of the women not to travel she insisted on traveling saying if that's the case she won't go with all her family except the little one she was carrying , my pastor and the elders tried talking to her she insisted since it's family first before church they allowed her , after two weeks she came back the child was sick and died after 5 days , on this case the pastor has done his part and won't be held responsible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / 6 6 6 Marks Mandatory March 23, 2013. / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.