Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? (21314 Views)

2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie / Pastor Adeboye: "Abiola, Tofa, Aminu Kano, June 12 Election; What God Told Me" / Lord's Chosen Church Member With Tire In Action (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by seunak2016: 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:
Let me start from here: I have what it takes to be a pastor and I had numerous visions that confirmed my calling. But I have a disability, and I refused to go into pastoral ministry since 2005. I came into the full-time ministry a few months ago. I came into the ministry because it seemed God was the one punishing me for refusing to do the needful.

Then a church member came to me for blessing saying that her child already procured visa to travel out. That was before covid19 break. I prayed for the child. But God revealed to me in a vision at night that the child should not leave Nigeria, and that it will end in tears. I didn't tell them anything about the vision and the child left Nigeria.

The child has just been deported and a lot of money down the drain.

How should a pastor handle this kind of thing without offending those looking for counseling? I will pray for forgiveness, but can God hold me accountable for this error?
same thing happened to me in the past, my pastor told me but as per I get strong head, I go and I was deported. our pastor told me, it's because God loves me that's why I was deported if not ,I would have been dead over there or went to prison for something I know nothing about. OP next time you should have summoned courage and tell him not to travel as revealed to you and if he use strong head then whatever happened isn't your fault. there is no point telling him now after he has been deported because it's like medicine after death
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Ezekiel 33 does not apply to you or anyone who is not a descendant of Jacob. Ezekiel's message was rightly to the nation of Israel, not to individuals. Only false prophets in the old covenant gave private oracles, fortune telling, dream interpretation and the lot. The punishment for such persons was death as decreed by God. Deuteronomy 13.

Those who are followers of Jesus Christ listen to the lead of the Spirit of God and the teachings of Jesus Christ.

If you read Acts 23, compare the actions of the prophets there to what God said in Deuteronomy 13 vs 1-6, to see what could have been if those prophets had been under the old covenant.

Lekki1444
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by motta(m): 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Danwakae:

God no tell am anything... Yeye people
lol , you think so?
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
You CLAIM God is speaking to you, instead of asking God, you are asking man...not just any man........nairaland kind of man!

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by 7wonder(m): 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

You are consulting spiritism and claimi ng it is God that revealed to you in a vision. Everything God has to say to mankind is in the Bible. Any new revelation is not the word of God. If you say God told you something in a vision, then add it to the Bible. But note that there is a curse on whoever adds to God's word. So, saying you heard God's word other than what's contained in the Bible is falsehood.
So, there is a verse in the bible that tells a person to travel abroad right? There is a verse that mentions the Country one should travel to right? Everything that was done by God is not recorded in the bible. The scripture even lends credence to the aforesaid. What happens to the direction of God through dreams and visions, mediums through which he spoke to men. When God directed Peter to the house of Cornelius, it was through a vision and not a scroll as was used in those days. When you have choices of things and you seem not to know what to do, go and open the bible and you would find the name of that thing you need ok. As for the op, don't know why you brought this issue to this forum. You should have sought guidance from those above and ahead of you. I dey even suspect you sef.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by motta(m): 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
horpeyemmi66:
You should be scared of the one who sent you on that errand and not who you're to deliver the message to.
true sir that the point ..

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by KosiGee(m): 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
post=92875976:

You should have just told them.
You are thinking of what people will say about you rather than delivering God's words undiluted.
That is not the right thing to do.
Pray to God for more forgiveness.
He alone can forgive you.
It is well.

He wasn’t sure of the message and it’s source. He only opened this thread in retrospect. The said individual had travelled and unluckily got deported. That deportation might actually be of benefit to him. This person wasn’t adequately prepared for the journey and he apparently travelled to the ‘wrong’ destination in order to hide and hustle.
A true message and source would’ve advised the recipient properly. Oga newbie prophet wasn’t informed when he had the vision.

He was not sure if this person would’ve succeeded in his journey hence why he only started this thread to beat his chest that his vision normally come true.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Obynolee(f): 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:
Let me start from here: I have what it takes to be a pastor and I had numerous visions that confirmed my calling. But I have a disability, and I refused to go into pastoral ministry since 2005. I came into the full-time ministry a few months ago. I came into the ministry because it seemed God was the one punishing me for refusing to do the needful.

Then a church member came to me for blessing saying that her child already procured visa to travel out. That was before covid19 break. I prayed for the child. But God revealed to me in a vision at night that the child should not leave Nigeria, and that it will end in tears. I didn't tell them anything about the vision and the child left Nigeria.

How should a pastor handle this kind of thing without offending those looking for counseling? I will pray for forgiveness, but can God hold me accountable for this error?

Oga God did not tell you anything, the thought is purely yours, it is high time people stop acting like an assistant God.
And you're here asking us if God will hold you accountable, who told you that we are assistant God?.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Emekaactive: 1:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
what made you say God told you?how did you know its God?

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by efficiencie(m): 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
yettymuse:
Bros eh!! Abeg gimme God phone number.. I wan rub mind with my Heavenly Papa, I need to know why he drop me for this jungle!!...

Would you have preferred He dropped you in Somalia?
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by bomsilaga(m): 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
Sheggy13:

Is it a crime or a sin if you spell God completely? Why omitting the o and inserting a hypen instead. I've noticed that in all your posts on this thread. Or is the o button on your phone keypad unresponsive?
Glad you asked. It is not a sin but i chose it to show reverence after reading an article.
You should have done your own research on it.
I like the stress it comes with when i want to spell G-d so i am always reminded of His supremacy.
https://www.learnreligions.com/jewish-spelling-of-god-2076772
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Obynolee(f): 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
Danwakae:

God no tell am anything... Yeye people

You dey mind am,I blame poverty, if this man get good job him no go dey talk this rubbish. Everything here is spiritual, there must be reason why the boy was deported instead of working on those things people will give it spiritual connotations, 95% of prayer point of an a Nigerian Christian is as a result of bad governance but my people will not look for political solution rather spiritual(wrong diagnosis),don't be surprise that this guy is planning to extort money from the family.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Obynolee(f): 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

I was very sure. My visions had always been 99% correct all the time. I was barely about 3 months in the ministry and you expect me to tell someone that her child should not leave Nigeria after procuring visa?

I can see clearly that you have perfected plans to extort money from this family.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Chibuking1402(m): 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ask God for forgiveness and ask God for wisdom in passing His word because wisdom is profitable to direct!!
Can I dm you privately for a private issue.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by reubenobi(m): 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Investnow2017:
You are all fraudulent impostors, God can never bypass his word and tell you something. His word is complete and sealed by the utterances of His Son Jesus Christ and the Apostles, Rev 22:18,19. And God has revealed in his word all that will occur even one thousand years from now.
You are all simply Satan's agents claiming God told you one thing or the other. Better repent and study God's word to know the Truth and align yourself with the truth of God's word. Only then will you escape the destruction that is coming from the true God. Stopping listening to Satan.
Are you implying that it's only satan that speak to people?
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by NoToPile: 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
RTSC:
A lot of pastors underestimate how easy it's for God to replace them.

God can go to the house of the strongest native doctor, convert him, and fill him with the Holy Spirit.

And he will use him to replace a General overseer of 50 years in the ministry, if he misbehaves.

It's that easy.

Exactly.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by freemandela4(m): 2:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kittex7:
Use wisdom if you are a true seer.
What am I eating? grin grin grin
You are eating what you are eating.
Yeye child.
angry grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Kobojunkie: 2:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
mabea:
Let me ask you. Why did God give the gift of prophecy and other spiritual gifts? Is it for your personal edification or for the church?
Remember the church of God does not refer fo individuals who claim to be saved. The Church refers to all followers of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ did not tell us about the gift but He did provide examples of it's use. From God's specifications for His Prophets in His Old Covenant, it is safe to assume that in the New Covenant, it is also not for personal gratification, nor is it for the providing of individual oracles, nor fortune-telling(what many people now erroneously call prophecy).

In all the examples from Jesus Christ of the use of the gift, even in His use of it on telling the Samarian woman about her life, it was to the glory of His Church. In that particular case, by telling the Samarithan woman about her past, Jesus Christ message not only reached the woman but many in her town through her testimony of What He had told her of herself(note no fortune telling took place there).
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by tolet(f): 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
You should have told them.
You don't know if they had doubts themselves and just needed you to confirm their fears since they had faith in you as a minister of God.

Remember the story of King Hezekiah,if they prophet were to be afraid to tell him the vision because it was a bad one,he shouldn't have been given an opportunity to pray and God answered his prayer.

Also, the story of David and Barsheba. David won't have stop interceding for the child and the chance of Solomon coming maybe slim.

You need to ask God for forgiveness and ask him for wisdom subsequently to know how to deliver bad news to someone without offending God.

He is a merciful God and he gives several chances to those that come to him with an humbled and repentant heart.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
moscobabs:

Act 21 verse what pls?
You are best reading the entire chapter to get the message.

Paul ignored every prophet's message warning him not to go on to Jerusalem, and there were several of them who approached him, to discourage him from proceeding on the path God had chosen for him to go.

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by kiddkash(m): 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

please, can you pray for me, I have no idea what direction my life is moving into
I have prayed myself but I want to hear from a Man-of-God
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Kobojunkie: 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
mabea:
In that case why then are you a Christian if actually you're one? Remember Jesus came for the Jews
I am a follower of Jesus Christ because Jesus Christis the New covenant that God promised He would send.

I am not a jew so I am not even qualified to partake in the Old covenant and I dont want to either because as far as God is concerned, the Jews, His people, are a stiff-necked people. I dont desire that branding.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Investnow2017: 2:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
reubenobi:
Are you implying that it's only satan that speak to people?
Anyone who wants to hear God's voice today is to read, study and meditate on His word the Bible. It is a complete book, sealed - don't add and don't take away from it. All that God will tell mankind for their salvation and to enable man worship aright is all contained in the Bible. The sayings in the Bible are God's utterances, and those of His Son Jesus Christ. God will not bypass his word and be telling you things. Infact what will God be telling you now? About how to obtain visa, blah, blah, blah that would be nonsense. So he will tell you and leave others? Any voice you hear now is that of the god of this world, Satan, who is deceiving the whole world in an attempt to have everyone destroyed, Revelation 12:9.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Owaincouncil: 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
Wolgrace:
Vision, anointing, gifts, riches, etc have made many Christians (mostly ministers) to be contaminated with pride, self exaltation, and self idolatry. How?

-A word from the Lord concerning someone came to you, then you should show God how humbled you are by asking Him as the God of all flesh to redirect His word to the right owner of the message because He can't withhold His released word back but must be accomplished.. POWER OF INTERCESSION!

Some ministers always want the word from the Lord to pass through them only, which breeds pride, pastoral idoltatry, self appraisal, and sharing of His glory.. More reason I admire MFM ethics, you will be given prayer points to personally get the divine information while they intercede on your behalf to fast tract the answer..

Not all message you tell people as a minister, else you will spoil many things and destroy your ministry. Use wisdom, it is more higher than the anointing and profitable to direct.

I'm talking from experience..

Just to add this, had it been he tell them and they fail accept and it went the way it is now, they will say, ooo and he warned us and that will make people to fear and obey about prophecy more.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by Investnow2017: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
bomsilaga:

Glad you asked. It is not a sin but i chose it to show reverence after reading an article.
You should have done your own research on it.
I like the stress it comes with when i want to spell G-d so i am always reminded of His supremacy.
https://www.learnreligions.com/jewish-spelling-of-god-2076772
Is God God's name? God is a generic terminology for ones in power. God is not a name. God's name is YHWH, translated in English as JEHOVAH. So spelling God omitting the o is pointless dear.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by mrkia(m): 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Awon eletan!!!!?
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by imhere: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
My pastor once told us a story: that a mother took his son who wanted to travel abroad for prayer, the man of God told the boy God says he shouldn't travel out but to remain in Nigeria. The boy was so furious and left the man of God angrily. As he was going he met his long time friend who asked him what he came for in that environment. He said, "he came to meet..... man of God" And his friend replied, God used that man of God to save my life and narrated his story. This angry guy become sober, instead of traveling out, went to one of the Igbo land. While there some people wanted to cheat a white guy, he intervened and helped the man to do his work. He ended up being the white man's contractor. Within few years he was traveling to different countries of the world.

Don't withhold any message rather ask God how well you can deliver it.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by omanzo02: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
God didn't tell u anything ....u were just dreaming....stop making false claim....God told me ko God tell me no!
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by dangermouse(m): 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beosten:

I was very sure. My visions had always been 99% correct all the time. I was barely about 3 months in the ministry and you expect me to tell someone that her child should not leave Nigeria after procuring visa?
Obedient is better than sacrifice. Tell them as God revealed it to u, dont hide, add. Or mince words.
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by DLuciano: 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
dangermouse:
Obedient is better than sacrifice. Tell them as God revealed it to u, dont hide, add. Or mince words.
Beosten:

Brother, by the grace of God I experienced what you are encountering today. You are like Samuel, or a young prophet still learning the ministry. God wants you to know and trust him better, trust every of his message you hear from him, however stupid or opposing they may be. It's a learning time for you for the big assignment ahead. God will not necessarily punish you as you ask him for mercy, he will give you another assignment and watch you do it. He wants you to honor Him more than you will honor men, and respect Him more than you will respect men. All you need to do is ask God for wisdom to perform some difficult task. For instance, you may not necessarily say it openly, but inform the person that is concerned privately of God's stand. Also pray more for the holy Spirit to guide you. Mind you, you don't need go back to them and start confessing you disobeyed God, it's absurd! One big credit is that God answered your prayers, he has traveled abroad, and his deportation is an issue that need to be tackled before God, don't feel guilty. I speak from my own experience.
Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by lekki1444: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nooil:

Lekki1444
Well you have to appreciate the fact that not everyone understands the scriptures
Re: Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? by NoToPile: 3:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
@ topic its not even about being a pastor.
God reveals things about other people to others, maybe church member colleague whatever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / 6 6 6 Marks Mandatory March 23, 2013. / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.