Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. (80628 Views)

Biggest Ship To Berth In Nigerian Port, CMA CGM Scandola Arrives Lekki Today / Nigerian Port Authority Headquarters On Fire! Mob Set NPA Office, Lagos Ablaze / President Buhari Commissions Baro Inland Water Port (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Abohboy: 10:48am On Aug 16, 2020
Why do,people think that creating more ports will destroy Lagos. Lagos is building a free trade zone along with a refinery and ultimately it is still the financial and commercial hub of the nation. Unless another state puts up infrastructure at par to lagos’s then no company will move their headquarters there, that’s not how business works, sadly. This is good news I’ve been waiting for this as well, seeing that onne port is currently being expanded to handle more vessels and cargo. First pic is onne when completed, second pic is progress on Lekki port. All from skyscrapercity. I’ll update those threads as often as I can.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by sencekompis: 10:49am On Aug 16, 2020
Biggest ship ever!! NO, Good news for SS not IPOB senseless nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Abohboy: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2020
fashrola:

Cross River Seaport is functioning (though low activities is going on there) but still need dredging for vessel with deep draft to berth... But a supreme governor somewhere in imo state siphoned the money slated for the contract and till now nothing has been done to that imbeci..le

We need seaports, not river ports, seaports are better, they should leave Calabar port and turn it 8nt9 a ferry terminal, and build an actual port on the coastline.

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Kinematics: 10:57am On Aug 16, 2020
surplusk:

[s]There are more and better roads in Lagos except you wants to put your comparison on federal roads. Most federal roads in Lagos are in bad shape today and needs urgent attention while bad roads networks is one of the factors affecting Lagos port within the Apapa axis. Other factors contributing to the congestion around the ports of Lagos are cumbersome transit procedures, inefficient logistics systems and poor infrastructure. There are still some properbility that most ship that will be finding their way to Lagos today may be redirected to onne port due to some logistical reason until those problem are been solved.[/s]

Never you compare Lagos to PH when it comes to roads. PH has way more percentage of good roads than Lagos.

Visit the 2 places and see for yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by afube: 10:58am On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

I just don't know why they think other people are shallow and pedestrian, they just can not see or reason beyond negativity and bigotry.

They were forced to open onne to commercial shipment.....maersk threatened to pull out completely from nigeria if nothing was done to alleviate their faltering operations in Lagos congested ports....do not spin another tale here,as insiders we know what happened.

7 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by afube: 11:00am On Aug 16, 2020
Emekankwoka:
Yoruba people will not sleep again if they hear or see this. Our God is at work again.

No mind them! thank God for Maersk lines that twisted the arms of these hatred filled ppl,otherwise nothing for dey happen for onne.

4 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Kinematics: 11:01am On Aug 16, 2020
Uchasa:
Akwa Ibomites would be in pains by now!

They think its by opening multiple threads celebrating mediocre projects and mou. The other day Beyelsa commissioned their 17 storey building without any noise making.
Life is not about making noise.

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by afube: 11:02am On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:
It didn't take long for the low self esteem and inferiority complex village anambra Igbos to pop up their ugly and insecure heads.

Who gives a shit about your worthless village gathering center. ?

Bunch of anti social nuisance,

Let the hate flow through you and poison your vital organs.....you really do deserve it !!

5 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by tribalmall: 11:03am On Aug 16, 2020
CheGuevara101:

You're an inconsequential fool, I swear!
Take your msg to your father he is the only fool I see here.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by afube: 11:04am On Aug 16, 2020
post=92869177:
Thanks NPA Boss Hadiza Bala Usman

I also appreciate the great efforts of East Nigeria Maerskline manager Madam Chibuzor Ejiofor who under her watch Maerskline made history calling in eastern port

We are holding things down in the right places.Gbam!!!

4 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by CheGuevara101(m): 11:06am On Aug 16, 2020
tribalmall:

Take your msg to your father he is the only fool I see here.

He pain am say him no get father, chai.....

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by afube: 11:10am On Aug 16, 2020
post=92869311:
Nairaland full of ignorant minds

I still remember when those from west were saying largest container vessels can't berth in Onne Port except Lagos ports, Maerskline Stardelhorn is biggest Container vessel to ever call at any Nigerian port, those making those ridiculous claims then should go and bury their heads in shame

They claimed every ship that will attempt to dock there will be sunk by sea pirates and militants, see the people we have to do with in this federation are extremely evil and hate filled.....! They know we can hold things together when giving a level playing field,so they resort to blackmail and underhand tactics. I blame the south south for not pushing the case of their moribund seaports.....all they talk about is oyel,oyel and more oyel.

The south south should begin to fight for a RORO facility as well ,so cars can come in as well.

4 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Kinematics: 11:13am On Aug 16, 2020
Hunchogee:

Haba you talk like an illiterate... Why will Akwa ibomites be in pains?

Ohh because you beded the biggest ship in an ALREADY EXISTED JETTY, no na we are not that envious as you guys..

Every South Easterners are happy for Onne because this is a sign of a new dawn..

Finally this is a federal project not state ok

See this one. Out of jealousy you ran to open your own thread on AKS seaport that's just a mou. Continue masking your pain.

2 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by afube: 11:18am On Aug 16, 2020
Asianjollof007:

You see, you people are the real enemies we have in nigeria. Your hearts are so full of negativity, tribal bigots. The buhari (APC) government you all are criticizing did this.. Why don't you focus on appreciating the good work instead of saying shit about other tribe?

they were forced to do it bro!

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Kinematics: 11:18am On Aug 16, 2020
LoveThemChubby:

[s]Who caused the dependence? Watch and see how there will be increase in the spate of kidnappings and other vices in and around the port. Insecurity, multiple taxation and other unfriendly business regulations in the region have been the major reasons for the abandonmentof these ports[/s].

So Lagos that's the headquarters of crime and the most dangerous place to live in Nigeria today is the only place without insecurity.

Clap for yourself! Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by surplusk: 11:21am On Aug 16, 2020
Kinematics:

Never you compare Lagos to PH when it comes to roads. PH has way more percentage of good roads than Lagos.

Visit the 2 places and see for yourself.

Where do you get this info or it's just a mere perception if I may ask and when talking of roads do you think PH can withstand the trucks that plight on Lagos roads on a daily basis? When onne port get in to it you will understand me better. Lagos State government is spending huge on her roads network if you don't know I think you should know it now.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Hunchogee: 11:21am On Aug 16, 2020
Kinematics:

See this one. Out of jealousy you ran to open your own thread on AKS seaport that's just a mou. Continue masking your pain.
And you suddenly ran to read about it..
You indeed seem like a fool
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by afube: 11:22am On Aug 16, 2020
NGpatriot:
The $2.6 billion Badagry Deep Seaport is still on tap, hope the FG and the sponsors work out their issues.

build 100 more......just do not undermine ports elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Prechy08(m): 11:23am On Aug 16, 2020
for me kudos goes to Maerskline than the Nigeria n govt. a lot happened behind the scene. if you know you know
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by afube: 11:27am On Aug 16, 2020
winterfell007:

Please don't take him seriously. He doesn't speak for us. He's one of those demented apostles of that fraudster, Nnamdi Kanu. Igbos generally welcome even development in all region so long as everyone is carried along and no one is feeling marginalized

You are so childish! without the pressure of IPOB on this administration do you think this hate filled administration would have sanctioned the opening of these ports, The western powers especially Britain has been advising them to move projects towards the eastern axis.............use your brain now!

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by otokx(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2020
Things will surely get better.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Reference(m): 11:29am On Aug 16, 2020
That is the way to go, to save Lagos from implosion. Now anything coming east of the Niger should be barred from Lagos ports hence forth.

Good one.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Abohboy: 11:31am On Aug 16, 2020
afube:

build 100 more......just do not undermine ports elsewhere.

100 ports is foolish, even countries like US don’t need up to 100 ports. For Nigeria 10-15 ports maximum should serve us just fine.

1 Like

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Abohboy: 11:33am On Aug 16, 2020
afube:

You are so childish! without the pressure of IPOB on this administration do you think this hate filled administration would have sanctioned the opening of these ports, The western powers especially Britain has been advising them to move projects towards the eastern axis.............use your brain now!

The plans were to open ports in Bonny island and Warri, IPOB didn’t do anything to make them plan this. It is just basic knowledge. Amaechi planned it out, I don’t know why you think IPOB has done anything at all, cause they haven’t. Besides onne is in SS not SE, it’s not ugbolsnd so stop claiming other people’s land. This is the same way someone else claimed that abo in delta was part of igbo land. Stop it, we are one country, 9ne nation, IPOB supporters are idiots and they can’t do anything to Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Basher8583: 11:34am On Aug 16, 2020
CheGuevara101:

After graduating from university With your Mumu logic and reasoning, i swear you'll still end up on the bus stop or roundabouts dishing out tickets to either Okada or Keke Napep riders. You'll serve under Mc. Oluomo, the notorious tout and Agbero extra-ordinaire. If you're in doubt, just ask your demi god, Tinuthief who made it possible.

You see Afonja, this is not logic, this is a fact in southwest.

Point of correction...I am an Hausa man but I love my Yoruba brothers dearly.

Again I earn a salary with figures that will make you think Im a politician.

See... You have to be positive in life to make progress. That is the ingredients your region lacks and that's why you guys are not progressing. Please note.. Crime and utilisation of proceeds of crime is not deemed as progress

4 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by SpatialKing(m): 11:35am On Aug 16, 2020
bewla:
Hope the personal won't get kidnapped o
Nothing like that in Port Harcourt
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by surplusk: 11:37am On Aug 16, 2020
Asianjollof007:

You see, you people are the real enemies we have in nigeria. Your hearts are so full of negativity, tribal bigots. The buhari (APC) government you all are criticizing did this.. Why don't you focus on appreciating the good work instead of saying shit about other tribe?

Bro let's take tribal things out of this we need to be eye opened to the truth. If buhari can not borrowed money to do business to employed more Nigerians by engaging them in one activities or the other to fetch more money for the country and to pay depts than spending money on irrelevant things that is corruption in it's highest order trust me. You can see almajiri here and there begging for food in the north and moving down south for greener pastures and yet you are not eye opened to the truth. I do not support this government at all because we are in a big mess. If the right leader take charge their are properbility that the economy will be reshaping gradually and we will be getting it right one after the other. That is just the truth we were just deceived by their sugar quoted mouth that is all.
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by bewla(m): 11:43am On Aug 16, 2020
SpatialKing:
Nothing like that in Port Harcourt
Amen
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by templeinyou(m): 11:43am On Aug 16, 2020
When you ask somebody how it happened, somebody will say "AM NOT AWARE"
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by CheGuevara101(m): 11:47am On Aug 16, 2020
Basher8583:

Point of correction...I am an Hausa man but I love my Yoruba brothers dearly.

Again I earn a salary with figures that will make you think Im a politician.

See... You have to be positive in life to make progress. That is the ingredients your region lacks and that's why you guys are not progressing. Please note.. Crime and utilisation of proceeds of crime is not deemed as progress

My brother, if not for quota system you won't be here bragging about how big your salary is.

Talking about Christianity and progress, if truly your religion is progressive I don't think there will be any unrest in the northern part of Nigeria. Everyday we hear stories of how your region is being ravaged by Bokoharam, Fulani Herdsmen and bandits. What about being the region with 85% share of Nigeria's poverty?

Have you ever asked yourself this; since time immemorial, your region has had the highest number of presidents in Nigeria yet 80% of your children are Almajirinci and Poverty and disease is the order of the day in your region. If this is what you call progress then maybe the word progress may have another dictionary meaning up north.

3 Likes

Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by Mbioto: 11:48am On Aug 16, 2020
Port Harcourt has 2 sea ports the one at abonnema and the other at one.
Onne port has always been a deep sea port and was at one point in 2005/2006 associated with the importation of cars,it was discontinued because of the exorbitant charges placed on the clearing goods from the port making it far cheaper to import from Lagos and transport it to the ss/se..
Mersk arm twisting the government to allow ships berth at onne makes sense cos of the congestion in Lagos ports and the potential loss of revenue sitting idly at the port.
While its a welcome development we should be vigilant to ensure that the prohibitive costs that drove people to Lagos don't appear again and the rumor mongers saying one isn't safe should b countered effectively..
Akwa ibom should stop propaganda and start work immediately on the ibom sea port at the appropriate site
Re: Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. by afube: 11:51am On Aug 16, 2020
Ojukwudfugitive:

Fool, this is not eastern port, it is SS port. SE is landlocked and it remains so. No forced attachment can make SS be part of your illusive and unviable Biafra! A parasitic SE wants to host on a more viable SS, it's impossible. The earlier you realize that SE is the poorest region in the South, the better for you.

oh the goodwork of hate ! please let the hate flow through your wretched soul, let the poison burn through your heart and liver but you will not perish yet,you will live to witness the independence of Biafra.......we will go with Rivers and Akwa cross, we will go with onne port,we will go with your beloved oil reserves.....you can remain with sariki boko haram and the likes ogbeni owomida alias mc oluomo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit / Photos Of Diepreye Alamieyeseigha's Wife And Children / Darey Art-Alade Shakes Iara, Oshiomhole Reacts (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.