Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,502 members, 7,801,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars (65877 Views)

Innoson Bus Used For Public Transport Spotted In Lagos (Pictures) / Imo Black Cab: Innoson Buses Replace Keke In Owerri (Photos) / Innoson Releases Luxury IVM G80 And G40 SUV (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by ledaman: 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kendumazy:
Love the fact that he didn't blame or accuse anyone. Very nice interview. Weldone sir!
Business oriented Mogul has not time for petty things!

1 Like

Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by Cashalhaji: 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
If only the fed govt could go a step further by making it a policy that anything official car by any for any public office holder must be a Nigerian made.

If u so dont like it gift it out or park it in ur garage while u use another one bought with ur person money.

But once ur're getting/buying official car it must be nigerian made.

Gaskia

1 Like

Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by kikake: 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ctorch:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/i-received-order-for-4-7m-cars-from-s-leone-after-nass-lawmakers-rejected-my-vehicles-innoson/?fbclid=IwAR1dEsjpR2IajHAc5kbCaxhebcDCA0CKWF_AW2P8R0z4cvF5A6qqeDxTUow

Please open your Imo factory at Orlu because of distance convenience to Nnewi.

Orlu, Aba and Umuahia were named the industrial hubs of old Imo state by late Sam Mbakwe.
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by blessedchild234(m): 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
There shouldn't be any reason eh should be discouraged because your own people dont believe in you.
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by SocialJustice: 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Which Edo state? Why Edo state?

Not necessary.

See this one, who you be for the film.
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by tammie24: 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
Reckyd123:
You still don't get it. Almost all the other brands are all made in USA. Be it Toyota, Honda, bmw, Nissan, Hyundai etc all have factories in the U.S.

quote author=tammie24 post=92886379]This man should just stop wailing

I have a choice to use or not use innoson as a Nigerian

Not every American drive Ford

Not all Japanese drive Nissan

Their choice
would it have made a difference if Toyota plant was in Nigeria?

Listen, when you start to complain about people not patronizing you then it becomes do or die

Improve on your products and make prices reasonable
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by Hedonisco: 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
softeeg:
This is because when you go into any business, you have to put your own ideas in it and when you do, the difference will be clear and you can make more money than others. You can also drop the business when you think there isn’t much interest in it again. So, to succeed in any business, don’t follow the crowd, always bring your own initiatives. With that, you will be able to make profits.

Loud it.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by Faguy: 6:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
That is it. Well water wen near person nor dey sweet.
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by stchinedu: 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
Next headline...

FIR clamps down on innoson for tax evasion...

Innoson to pay $6.4 million

Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by Iceyjayz: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
ebenhazard:
Nigeria a country where they don't appreciate their own.
I concur!

1 Like

Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by Hedonisco: 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
The problem with Innoson is this....

It is easier to succeed in the motorcycle business (low class, price-sensitive customers) than the motorcar business ( 'cachet' conscious, higher income earners). Most people would rather spend N3.5m on a Toks Toyota, Honda, or Lexus 2010-2014, than spend same amount on a mid range brand new 2020 Innoson. The latter lacks finnese and cache. People buy Innoson cars out of pity or to satisfy certain local content sentiments so to say, not out of genuine desire/want.

Only a very deliberate and very stern government policy can 'force' people to buy 'swag less', lower quality local products. And government wouldn't do that for Innoson. Maybe they would have done that for the likes of Dangote, unfortunately.

The dynamics that brought success in the okada business simply can't work for the car business. That said, one can't help but admire the business acumen and industry of this illustrious man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by Reelnah: 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
We must support our own in this country. But I will advise the company to also produce what an average Nigerians can afford from them not only for all this big men and politicians in d country, Nigerians will definitely patronise them.

1 Like

Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by Excuses: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
EmekaBlue:
This is part of the reason why we igbos want Biafra

If it is Dangote now. Nigeria government will support more than usual

You are just a stupid tribalist..innosson and Dangote na mate..

By God's grace innosson shall get there..
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by Excuses: 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hedonisco:
The problem with Innoson is this....

It is easier to succeed in the motorcycle business (low class, price-sensitive customers) than the motorcar business ( 'cachet' conscious, higher income earners). Most people would rather spend N3.5m on a Toks Toyota, Honda, or Lexus 2010-2014, than spend same amount on a mid range brand new 2020 Innoson. The latter lacks finnese and cache. People buy Innoson cars out of pity or to satisfy certain local content sentiments so to say, not out of genuine desire/want.

Only a very deliberate and very stern government policy can 'force' people to buy 'swag less', lower quality local products. And government wouldn't do that for Innoson. Maybe they would have done that for the likes of Dangote, unfortunately.

The dynamics that brought success in the okada business simply can't work for the car business. That said, one can't help but admire the business acumen and industry of this illustrious man.

It's rather true but children of hate won't understand,they are wired one way.
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by watchindelta(m): 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
Have you people hear of Fiat(Italia brand) ? Not popular car but here in Italy the car is popular very very popular because must Italia use it, but if na Africa you go dey hear I dey crazy to use Fiat shocked

2 Likes

Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by clockwisereport: 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
FemiMaduka:
It's almost a waste of time putting in any effort to make Nigeria sane. How can the legislature of a country with the largest number of poor people globally choose, almost biannually, to expend scarce FX on buying expensive foreign automobiles at the expense of a budding Nigerian brand (however "inferior" they think it is). This is nothing short of madness!

I was watching a program shot around 2008/10 on Aljazeera about India and the struggle to gain admission into the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). To my amazement, a senior police officer of a rank somewhat equivalent to a CP had a Fiat Padmini as official vehicle! Up to the early 2000s, the PM of India was using the Hindustan Ambassador (an iconic car) for state functions. This is an India with an economy almost 7 times the size of ours!

That should be Bihar's super 30
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by Hedonisco: 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Excuses:

It's rather true but children of hate won't understand,they are wired one way.

I'm a proud 'child of hate' just expressing my objective opinion, so I'm not sure what you mean.

1 Like

Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by planetx: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
That was how one dunce was arguing with me the other day that Innoson is a car assembly plant not a manufacturing plant.
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by larryking540: 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
Codyt:

Dont mind him. Until we start to appreciate and patronise our own, we can't grow well industrially. Innoson's efforts are commendable. Its not an easy job.

yeah u are right ,it might be expensive to buy ,all it takes is for nigeria govt to create a system where by wat ever u buy on loan will be removed from your account gradually ,...

everyone want to buy Benz ,camery,Honda like say these cars no be person country they produce am ,we need to appreciate our own product , innoso is the only Africa man producing car from scratch ,even the battery is also produced in Nigeria too ,,,it really sicken me Wallie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by larryking540: 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
planetx:
That was how one dunce was arguing with me the other day that Innoson is a car assembly plant not a manufacturing plant.

how will he kw ,when all he does is browse about the latest camery and Honda car on YouTube
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by verlmoon: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
I noticed most people in Nigeria don't use itel because they like it, they use it because it's affordable and we all know how Nigerians look at most of these Chinese phones. in as much as there's so much hatred in the country I believe if IVMs were affordable to average Nigerians they'd flood the country by now
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by Nairalandmonika: 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
tammie24:
This man should just stop wailing

I have a choice to use or not use innoson as a Nigerian

Not every American drive Ford

Not all Japanese drive Nissan

Their choice

Is he forcing u to buy his car?
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by EmekaBlue(m): 7:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
Excuses:

You are just a stupid tribalist..innosson and Dangote na mate..

By God's grace innosson shall get there..
how am i a tribalist calling for the NIGERIA government to be secular
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by Nairalandmonika: 7:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
verlmoon:
I noticed most people in Nigeria don't use itel because they like it, they use it because it's affordable and we all know how Nigerians look at most of these Chinese phones. in as much as there's so much hatred in the country I believe if IVMs were affordable to average Nigerians they'd flood the country by now

Exactly, he should work towards affordability but u know the cost of doing business in Nigeria is on the high side.
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by kingaruoture(m): 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
No matter what, we owe ourselves the truth. Why were we all force into local rice purchase n why is there ban on imported rice? It was to grow our economy so in the same vain imported of vehicle should be ban as the importation of cement was also ban.. Let our leaders be NIGERIANS for once. No matter where you are from this is the right way to go

1 Like

Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by vineyardfarms: 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Buying from lnnoson will NOT enable them to inflate the price AND loot, nass are lst grade looters -WORST than criminals. The senate president shamelessly seating on nddc probe, he knows many heads will roll WITHIN THEM. OPEN NDDC FILE NOW.
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by Flame77: 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
softeeg:
This is because when you go into any business, you have to put your own ideas in it and when you do, the difference will be clear and you can make more money than others. You can also drop the business when you think there isn’t much interest in it again. So, to succeed in any business, don’t follow the crowd, always bring your own initiatives. With that, you will be able to make profits.

Your head dey there. That was the most important part of the interview to those who can read In between the lines. If you know you know.

1 Like

Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by Ihatemumu: 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tribalism has killed Nigeria
Re: Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars by ModestGal(f): 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
FemiMaduka:
It's almost a waste of time putting in any effort to make Nigeria sane. How can the legislature of a country with the largest number of poor people globally choose, almost biannually, to expend scarce FX on buying expensive foreign automobiles at the expense of a budding Nigerian brand (however "inferior" they think it is). This is nothing short of madness!

I was watching a program shot around 2008/10 on Aljazeera about India and the struggle to gain admission into the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). To my amazement, a senior police officer of a rank somewhat equivalent to a CP had a Fiat Padmini as official vehicle! Up to the early 2000s, the PM of India was using the Hindustan Ambassador (an iconic car) for state functions. This is an India with an economy almost 7 times the size of ours!

Ideally, what should be the business of officials of a country with over 100 million poor people (highest globally) with expensive foreign automobiles?

When some dunces want to make excuses, they'd say Innoson is not a proven brand, or that it is an imitation of a Chinese brand. So what! It employs Nigerians; pays taxes and duties into the Nigerian coffers; it is making our auto industry kick and it is putting us on the map of automobile manufacturers! Commonsensically, against what some lunatics would infer by saying "moving coffins", if the IVM brand of automobiles were not safe, foreign countries wouldn't even come near it.

China kicked off by imitating Western automobile designs and concepts, exactly what IVM is doing. Today, it is leading the US in the race for 5G technology and breaking new bounds in other areas.

This is a country of foolish, myopic and ignorant people.

I agree and let me add, a country of backward racists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What Mechanic Did To A New Car ( Photo) / Inside The ₦181m Cadillac Escalade Mobile Bunker Built For The Rich And Famous / Hum Rider - The Car Lagosians Have Been Waiting For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.