Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend (21767 Views)

Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo / ”How To Identify A Yoruba Demon” Church Program By Harvesters International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Aguogba(m): 1:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
If church comot from othodox churches in the likes of Anglican, Catholic, Methodist, Presbyterian, et al, count me and my household out.
Everything you're looking for in life and more are in these churches.

Any god of men (man of God), including your so called Daddy-G-O's that is trying to justify why they left othodox churches or their previous denomination to open their own ministry, please refer them to these verses from the Bible.

Mathew 5:16 let your light so shine that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

John 1:15 the light shineth in darkness and darkness comprehended it not.

If they think that they are the light, why leave darkness?

Remember that light needs darkness to shine. Do not leave. Shine your light wherever you are.

Except, you have business in mind.

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by FarmTech(m): 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
blahc007:
sir..do you really understand prosperity?
. Pls tell us.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by johnoj24(m): 1:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
We've overate everything here
White people don't take it too serious the way we handle it here, yet look at their lives it's far more better than ours
The whites are not our standard as a Christian, get that into your head. Jesus Christ is our standard.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by lomprico(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
judedwriter:

I am going sha o...

e go shock you
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Timfreds(m): 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
The type of Church you attend determine the type of Christian you will be. Many Christians are confused today because they are attending confused churches. We need the Lord's leading on the church to attend as a believer.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Some of you will just open mouth waaaaaaaaa

grin grin

Tell me, what do you disagree with in my comment?
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by efficiencie(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
@TundeKorede a church may dedicate 10 hours to the word and still be the Ephesian church rebuked by Jesus. A church may dedicate 20 hours to praying and their prayers are mostly unscriptural. A church may do evangelism and go on missions but not have the capability of raising babies into sons. Your criteria is flawed. The church of Christ will make you conform to the stature of Christ and the stature of Christ is characterized by the transformation of a natural man born after the flesh to a divine man born after the spirit. If your church does not build you into a spiritual giant in Christ run away from it. They may preach, pray, worship, evangelise and do signs and wonders but if it is not leading you to the place of supernatural birth and living then it is not helping you!
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Stephenomozzy(m): 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
FarmTech:

Actually, there shud be a balance between punishment for sin and the love of God. And pastors shud learn how to call a spade a spade. Many hardly preach vividly on popular sins like immodesty, dirty songs, dirty jokes, bbnaija, immoral celebrities etc etc. And these are the things that are misleading youths today.

Peaceful Chastisement.... Means punishing with reasoning and love. So the person can learn remorse and subsequent abhorrence of such misdeeds.

Not outright punishment that makes the person feel accepting penance later is an excuse for sinful nature.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by NairalandNurse(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by labelle123(f): 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Fireforce:
Catholic and proud. During my NYSC, I was dating a Pentecostal Lady and she later broke up with me saying I'm a Catholic., that she can't marry a Catholic. All of a sudden her interest has changed over the past few years and she is diverting her attention to me. But trust me., I nor even send her
. Well done no time to check time
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by blessedchild234(m): 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
Some people will say that the church is in the heart but we can't relinquish the fact that things around and about us actually affects the way we should live as Christians so therefore we should at all times look forward to congregation of brethren that edify the body of Christ collectively, through the words through deeds through our communications.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by bptc10: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
Not even praying till heaven fall, fasting 7 days a week, paying tithes, been holy than Angel and so on will take you to heaven.

For example some people can pray for 5 hours, and some people cannot pray for more than 10 minutes, that does not mean that the one who do not pray for more than 10 minutes do not know God or been born again, some people may not know what to pray but the spirit of God intercide for them.

You shall know the truth and only the truth shall set you free, accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, be right with God (Jesus Christ) and other things will be taking care of by him.

In my conclusion, making heaven is not about how prayerfully or holier and so on you claim to be.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
FarmTech:

Iron sharpens iron. You cannot make heaven by staying on your own. Don't neglect the gathering of the brethren. How can you win a political office by staying on your own? You don't know everything.

You don't need anyone to tell you the truth though.

The spirit of God is within you to tell you the truth.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by denjjy(m): 3:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
I'm waiting for the day one of the great men if God in Nigeria will extend their work of evangelism or open crusade to the core Northern states like Bornu, kano, sokoto or Zamfara. enough to winning souls in Lagos and Abuja, many souls are perishing in the North.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Kentuforchrist(m): 3:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:
Best to stay at home and pray to God who is everywhere.

That way, you will save transportation money, offering money, tithe money, seed-sowing money, church development money, yearly contribution money, and still make it to heaven in good time.

The economy in the country should teach Christians to be wise.

Your pastor won't lead you to heaven. Only you can.
lies from the deepest part of hell
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by WaleRock: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
TundeKorede:

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/how-to-know-a-good-church-to-attend-2/

God bless you!

Please add the PREACHING OF RAPTURE.

Every church interested in your salvation through and through and your place in eternity will always get you in the consciousness of the next phase.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Jesus Christ never commanded anyone to go shackle themselves in a church in the name of God.
Way too many so-called Christians are high on the fumes from the lies told them by MOGs that they can not see they have instead taken upon themselves the very chains Jesus Christ died to free them of.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Ogaonos: 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
TundeKorede:

there only one sign to knw a good church.that is the sermon ( word of God) of general overseer notice carefully if he preach d word in truth in its raw form i.e he teach u the practical aspect of the bible.he preach always about repentance,salvation and explain it very well to Ur lain man undastanding.because we have pastor who preach Bible theoretical.sermon dey very important to check.is easier to check a pastor sermon if u once attended or still attending a genuine deliverance ministry.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Ogaonos: 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
TundeKorede:

there only one sign to knw a good church.that is the sermon ( word of God) of general overseer notice carefully if he preach d word in truth in its raw form i.e he teach u the practical aspect of the bible.he preach always about repentance,salvation and explain it very well to Ur lain man undastanding.because we have pastor who preach Bible theoretical.sermon dey very important to check.is easier to check a pastor sermon if u once attended or still attending a genuine deliverance ministry.another reason sermon dey important is because DT wat Christ die for.dt y Bible say d word of God came in fresh to die for our sins.secondly devil doesn't give power to preach Bible he will Neva Nd why u see pastor DT do grt miracle some will propheize stuff about u DT even Ur genuine pastor no go see but when is time to solve d problem the problem will still be there.church matter na wisdom undastanding be d key.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by ennecco: 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Good Christian should Always read thé words of GOD .and lieve a satification life that lead to ENTERNITY life .

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by earnit3: 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by thinkmoney(m): 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
TundeKorede:

Nice write up bro, but it still falls short.
God is a mercifuand loving God. He has shown this qualities in how easy he has made finding him. But the reason that people are finding it hard to find this God that has made himself very available is because of the veil Satan tries to cast over people's eyes.
Best ways to find a church of God (I will limit it yo three);
-church that uses the true name of God Yahweh /Jehovah generously. Its only in this way outsiders will know who the congregants belong to.
-church that have genuine love not only for themselves but even for others.
-church that devote great time to evangelism. Church that all members are active evangelizers . Because evangelism is the real Gods work, and its so important its the assignment Jesus gave to all Christians before he left the world scene.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by FarmTech(m): 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

Peaceful Chastisement.... Means punishing with reasoning and love. So the person can learn remorse and subsequent abhorrence of such misdeeds.

Not outright punishment that makes the person feel accepting penance later is an excuse for sinful nature.
You're right. But the punishment I was talking about was the final judgement from God. Preachers shud not just emphasize grace and love at the expense of God's punishment.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
FarmTech:

Iron sharpens iron. You cannot make heaven by staying on your own. Don't neglect the gathering of the brethren. How can you win a political office by staying on your own? You don't know everything.

You can make heaven by staying on your own.

Please, stop taking Scriptures out of context.

When Paul gave the advice not to forsake the gathering of the brethren, the Church was still young and needed constant edification.

If you convert someone to Christianity, you will need to stay with them constantly to help them grow in the faith, otherwise, they may backslide and return to their old ways.

Paul did not say that you can't get to heaven by being alone.

Moreover, going to church every Sunday is not the same as the gathering of the brethren that Paul mentioned.

Paul was not referring to a weekly gathering where you will all dress up and go and listen to a man in suit who calls himself pastor.

He was referring to a conversational gathering where you will all come with your individual gifts and contribute these gifts to the service of edification of souls.

How many of you even recognize your gifts, let alone use them in your so-called gatherings of brethrens?

How many Christians even know at least a family in the church they attend? How many of you know the person that sat beside you in church? How many of your church members have you called up with love? How many of the fellow congregants do you have their phone number?

Today's church is far from the gathering that Paul was talking about.

Today's church does not make you grow spiritually. It only makes you grow in the church's tradition and doctrines. It inhibits your spiritual gifts. Only the pastor teaches, only the pastor prophesies, only the pastor is believed to be a man of God.

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Deborah98(f): 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
That word love is lacking in today's church and this really kills my spirit,Sha am not going to church to be loved by people rather to be loved by my Father who sees and knows all things.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by FarmTech(m): 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

You can make heaven by staying on your own.

Please, stop taking Scriptures out of context.

When Paul gave the advice not to forsake the gathering of the brethren, the Church was still young and needed constant edification.

If you convert someone to Christianity, you will need to stay with them constantly to help them grow in the faith, otherwise, they may backslide and return to their old ways.

Paul did not say that you can't get to heaven by being alone.

Moreover, going to church every Sunday is not the same as the gathering of the brethren that Paul mentioned.

Paul was not referring to a weekly gathering where you will all dress up and go and listen to a man in suit who calls himself pastor.

He was referring to a conversational gathering where you will all come with your individual gifts and contribute these gifts to the service of edification of souls.

How many of you even recognize your gifts, let alone use them in your so-called gatherings of brethrens?

How many Christians even know at least a family in the church they attend? How many of you know the person that sat beside you in church? How many of your church members have you called up with love? How many of the fellow congregants do you have their phone number?

Today's church is far from the gathering that Paul was talking about.

Today's church does not make you grow spiritually. It only makes you grow in the church's tradition and doctrines. It inhibits your spiritual gifts. Only the pastor teaches, only the pastor prophesies, only the pastor is believed to be a man of God.
I'm not taking any scripture out of context. It is a simple idea to grab but u just want to make it complicated.
Making heaven is actually a gift of God. It is not by works, least anyone shud boast. If u have this gift, u won't be selfish. U must relate with fellow Christians and have a strong desire to spread the gospel.
Many churches today have fellowships where u can go and display ur gift. Don't just focus on Sunday service alone. Yea, I know that many churches today are deviating, but that won't be a reason why u shud discourage church going. We shud all change and start to do things that will help set our churches on the right path.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by femi4: 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Akube1z:
Reedeem Christain church of God and some other Pentecostal churches that i went to really imparted my life. I love churches that preach more of the book of revelation and salvation
What happened to other books? Why will a Church concentrate on just one book out of 66books
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
FarmTech:

I'm not taking any scripture out of context. It is a simple idea to grab but u just want to make it complicated.
Making heaven is actually a gift of God. It is not by works, least anyone shud boast. If u have this gift, u won't be selfish. U must relate with fellow Christians and have a strong desire to spread the gospel.
Many churches today have fellowships where u can go and display ur gift. Don't just focus on Sunday service alone. Yea, I know that many churches today are deviating, but that won't be a reason why u shud discourage church going. We shud all change and start to do things that will help set our churches on the right path.

Making heaven is not a gift.

It is a choice.

The gift is the Way which is Jesus Christ. Making heaven or missing it is a choice.

However, there are children of perdition. Some are destined to be lost (for example, Judas Iscariot), and others would choose to be lost (those who constantly reject Jesus Christ).
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by sonmvayina(m): 6:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
wow!

isn't the Lord wonderful?

I praise you, my Lord and my saviour.

Your moniker though??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God / Is This The True Consequence Of Not Giving Offering In Church? / Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.