Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution (9446 Views)

Tower Of Babel (biblical Narration) / Living Faith To Build 100,000 Capacity ‘Ark’ Auditorium, 20-Storey Tower / Was The Tower Of Babel A Literal Tower? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I like how we have someone on here, who thinks he is a lot more smarter, wiser, clever, more knowledgeable, more informed than God is. I like how we have someone on here, who thinks he can teach God how to suck eggs. I like how we have someone on here, who believes all that God has done could be improved upon. I like how we have someone on here, who thinks God could have done better work at creation et cetera and so takes pleasure in reviling and slagging God off. Smh

Gen 11 exooses the inefficiency of God, his shortcomings, and lack of foresights, for thwarting a project which would expand his ministrations many years after.

Can't just wrap my head around it, that Muttley don't know Etemenanki Ziggurat is the Tower of Babel. It sickening, even more, that Muttley thinks the East direction implies ungodliness. To add salt to injury, muttley thinks human language was confounded at Babel, but concluded Shem and Japheth descents who were not in Babel or partook in the building of Tower, had their tongue magically confounded. He however lost along the line, when, where and how the descent of Shem and Japheth got their language confused since they weren't in Babel or partook in the building of the Tower.

Muttley baba! I hail
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by MuttleyLaff: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
FOLYKAZE:
Gen 11 exooses the inefficiency of God, his shortcomings, and lack of foresights, for thwarting a project which would expand his ministrations many years after.

Can't just wrap my head around it, that Muttley don't know Etemenanki Ziggurat is the Tower of Babel. It sickening, even more, that Muttley thinks the East direction implies ungodliness. To add salt to injury, muttley thinks human language was confounded at Babel, but concluded Shem and Japheth descents who were not in Babel or partook in the building of Tower, had their tongue magically confounded. He however lost along the line, when, where and how the descent of Shem and Japheth got their language confused since they weren't in Babel or partook in the building of the Tower.

Muttley baba! I hail
You are a deeply superficial person

MuttleyLaff:
Now I am in dire need of an interlocutor, preferably an ardent supporter of 2 Timothy 2:15, to show in the Bible, where it is largely, plus clearly stated and done in detail, leaving no room, for confusion, guessing or doubt, that before the disruption, a physical structure tower, as in like, one made of straw bricks, whatnots and mortar, circa Genesis Chapter 11, ever was built. Now this request, needs to be done, without make claims outside what is black and white or even red, written in the Bible.
When are you going to throw your hat into the ring, roll up your sleeves, and do justice by responding to the above humble appeal?

1 Like

Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

When are you going to throw your hat into the ring, roll up your sleeves, and do justice by responding to the above humble appeal?

Ok

Take you time tonight, read each words of Genesis 11 closely, and try to understand. Between the verses, you will find answer to your question. Please do that and get back sir
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by MuttleyLaff: 10:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
FOLYKAZE:
Ok
Take you time tonight, read each words of Genesis 11 closely, and try to understand. Between the verses, you will find answer to your question. Please do that and get back sir
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
TKO cognitive decline!
Nothing other than a precious time stealer, precious time waster and precious time killer, all rolled into one. Yinmu. Mtcheew. KMT
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by jamesid29(m): 1:00am On Aug 21, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

I honestly do not want to delve into the cultural or spiritual significance of the Etemenanki, as there is no concensus and evidences to strengthen the view.
Well, that's a bit incorrect boss. Outside of the Bible and the history of Isreal, the civilizations that developed in ancient mesopotamia are pretty much well attested for today. Compared to other civilizations that wrote on parchment that have either been destroyed or lost, the mesopotamian region wrote on clay tablets that even survived destruction of entire cities. Today we have thousands of tablets(the library in the British museum alone has about 30,000 tablets) dating back to the 3rd millennium BC, so there's really not much question about the significance of the etemenanki(atleast not in academia).We not only have enough textual sources for the ziggurat itself but also for the accompanying temple Esagila .

This is why I tilted away from spiritual and cultural significance, and rather focuses more on space exploration and architectural revolution. You are the only person who see my taillight.
I believe this is where the misunderstandings steam from. Having this mindset about the Bible and even other ancient writings would cause a couple of problems
1) Almost everything in the ancient world has spiritual significance. The idea of separating the world into spiritual and physical, supernatural and natural, is a modern concept.. ancient people didn't see the world in those terms. Removing that component from the text automatically means removing an important piece away from it and most likely reading something foreign into it.
2) Though the Bible contains many different types of literature (history, poetry, biographies, apocalyptic etc), at its very core, the Bible is a theological book. Every statement,every story, even the genealogies have a specific messaging that is being transmitted. Striping that out is to misunderstand what the text is trying to communicate.
3) All literature is written against the backdrop of the culture that it's been written in. This is very important, because to read any text with a different cultural context is to read something into it that was not intended by the author. To illustrate this:Let's say I write something to you and say "Mehn bro, that car dey fly". You automatically get what I mean cos we both have the same cultural backdrop, but someone living 2000 yrs from now can easily misunderstand that statement to mean we were talking about flying cars. This is just a very mundane illustration but i hope it helps get my point across. The context of the Bible is not the 21st century,it's not the Catholic church or the Reformation, the context of the Bible is the cultural backdrop of the biblical authors. Anything outside of that is to read something foreign into the text or to miss the point the text is trying to make.

There's alot more we can talk about how we approach the Bible and other ancient texts in general but I'm trying to limit what I write... what I can assure is that no one in the ancient world would look at a ziggurat and think of space exploration or astronomy. A ziggurat in the ancient world was part of a temple complex and was sacred space

Check this out from Wikipedia;
Etemenanki has been suggested as a possible inspiration to the biblical story of the Tower of Babel.
According to archaeologist Harriet Crawford, "It is usually assumed that the ziggurats supported a shrine, though the only evidence for this comes from Herodotus , and physical evidence is non-existent.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziggurat
Ok so let me try and put the statement into perspective. A temple is the abode of the deity but a shrine is where cultic rituals are performed (reenactment of sacred marriages etc). A temple might have a shrine in it but not necessarily(most ground temples have shrines). What is not being disputed is whether a ziggurat is part of a temple complex (that part is well attested for by many sources), what is being disputed is whether cultic rituals were performed at the top of the ziggurat or inside it. On one hand Herodotus is considered the father of modern history and his words carry weight but on the other hand,there's no surviving ziggurat at its full height to examine if there are any relics from rituals left behind.
You can read the whole entry of the quote you posted from Harriet Crawford's book to understand whats actually being debated "Sumer and Sumerians pp 85-88". Here's a link to where you can borrow the book for free https://archive.org/details/sumersumerian00/
Or you can also read the entire paragraph you cropped the link out from... it gives the entire context of what Harriet was saying.

Let me just add one more thing, Wikipedia is a good place to start a research on a topic or just get general information.... but caveat lector.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_is_not_a_reliable_source

There is no evidence to show the Ziggurat serve as a shrine to Marduk.
I think my previous answers covers this part.
Basically all major cities in mesopotamia had temple complexes that incorporated ziggurats alongside it atleast as far back as the 3rd millennium BC. This is attested well in many ancient literatures

There's alot we can talk about the theological statement being made especially when you read the parallel accounts in Babylon literature, but to not make my post overtly long(as its too long at this point sef), I'll just try and make a very condensed version of what was going on and just touch 1 or 2 points.
1) The name of the ziggurat is Etemenanki meaning :House, foundation platform of the heaven & the underworld (earth for our understanding)
2) The name of the temple is Esagila meaning: House whose top is lofty
3) Babylon comes from the Akkadian word babili meaning: gate of the god(it's unclear whether this etymology reflect the original meaning of the name or a secondary interpretation).
The statement being made here is that the city is considered as the center of the cosmos (The place where heaven and earth meets; God's space and man's space intersect).... .To understand how this works is to understand that a ziggurat was not built for men to go up to heaven but for God to come down to earth and to reside in their midst in the temple. In the case of Babel, they were doing this not to honour God but to make a name for themselves(it's a play on the meaning of Shem). They wanted to create a symbiotic relationship with God on their own terms(this already shows they had a flawed concept about God)... This is a design pattern in the Bible called a bookend, in this case Genesis 3 and Genesis 11(paradise lost and how men are trying to regain paradise on their own terms out of pride).
God does come down with his entourage, then not only does he scatter them since they refuse to do that on their own but also disinherits the nations (Deut 32:8 ) since they were bent on renegading against Him. He then calls a man out of the same mesopotamia in the very next story and promises to make his name great and through his seed bless all the nations on the earth.
From this man comes the nation of Israel (who were meant to be a priest to the nations; God never left the nations without a witness)... From them comes the first time God dwells with people since Gen 3(the tarbancle and later the temple), which was always the plan. Later comes Jesus Christ, through whose sacrifice launches the new temple and grafting of all the nations back into the fold. That's the story in a nutshell...
There's a lot more to be said but there are already some really good answers here. I believe O\femmanu1 has some good answers that can help fill in some of the gaps.
There's still some debate on whether the biblical account is a polemic against Babylonian conception of the world or whether it's aimed at humanity in general. In either case though, the major theological messaging doesn't change much.

However, there are enough evidence that the designs are not simple base but has imprints of advance mathematics and complex architecture designs which aid sky observations and city security.
A lot of ancient structures were not simple but were advanced architectural design( from Egypt to Rome to China etc). That doesn't change what their purpose was for.
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by MuttleyLaff: 5:34am On Aug 21, 2020
jamesid29:
Well, that's a bit incorrect boss. Outside of the Bible and the history of Isreal, the civilizations that developed in ancient mesopotamia are pretty much well attested for today. Compared to other civilizations that wrote on parchment that have either been destroyed or lost, the mesopotamian region wrote on clay tablets that even survived destruction of entire cities. Today we have thousands of tablets(the library in the British museum alone has about 30,000 tablets) dating back to the 3rd millennium BC, so there's really not much question about the significance of the etemenanki(atleast not in academia).We not only have enough textual sources for the ziggurat itself but also for the accompanying temple Esagila .

I believe this is where the misunderstandings steam from. Having this mindset about the Bible and even other ancient writings would cause a couple of problems
1) Almost everything in the ancient world has spiritual significance. The idea of separating the world into spiritual and physical, supernatural and natural, is a modern concept.. ancient people didn't see the world in those terms. Removing that component from the text automatically means removing an important piece away from it and most likely reading something foreign into it.
2) Though the Bible contains many different types of literature (history, poetry, biographies, apocalyptic etc), at its very core, the Bible is a theological book. Every statement,every story, even the genealogies have a specific messaging that is being transmitted. Striping that out is to misunderstand what the text is trying to communicate.
3) All literature is written against the backdrop of the culture that it's been written in. This is very important, because to read any text with a different cultural context is to read something into it that was not intended by the author. To illustrate this:Let's say I write something to you and say "Mehn bro, that car dey fly". You automatically get what I mean cos we both have the same cultural backdrop, but someone living 2000 yrs from now can easily misunderstand that statement to mean we were talking about flying cars. This is just a very mundane illustration but i hope it helps get my point across. The context of the Bible is not the 21st century,it's not the Catholic church or the Reformation, the context of the Bible is the cultural backdrop of the biblical authors. Anything outside of that is to read something foreign into the text or to miss the point the text is trying to make.

There's alot more we can talk about how we approach the Bible and other ancient texts in general but I'm trying to limit what I write... what I can assure is that no one in the ancient world would look at a ziggurat and think of space exploration or astronomy. A ziggurat in the ancient world was part of a temple complex and was sacred space

Ok so let me try and put the statement into perspective. A temple is the abode of the deity but a shrine is where cultic rituals are performed (reenactment of sacred marriages etc). A temple might have a shrine in it but not necessarily(most ground temples have shrines). What is not being disputed is whether a ziggurat is part of a temple complex (that part is well attested for by many sources), what is being disputed is whether cultic rituals were performed at the top of the ziggurat or inside it. On one hand Herodotus is considered the father of modern history and his words carry weight but on the other hand,there's no surviving ziggurat at its full height to examine if there are any relics from rituals left behind.
You can read the whole entry of the quote you posted from Harriet Crawford's book to understand whats actually being debated "Sumer and Sumerians pp 85-88". Here's a link to where you can borrow the book for free https://archive.org/details/sumersumerian00/
Or you can also read the entire paragraph you cropped the link out from... it gives the entire context of what Harriet was saying.

Let me just add one more thing, Wikipedia is a good place to start a research on a topic or just get general information.... but caveat lector.

Basically all major cities in mesopotamia had temple complexes that incorporated ziggurats alongside it atleast as far back as the 3rd millennium BC. This is attested well in many ancient literatures

There's alot we can talk about the theological statement being made especially when you read the parallel accounts in Babylon literature, but to not make my post overtly long(as its too long at this point sef), I'll just try and make a very condensed version of what was going on and just touch 1 or 2 points.
1) The name of the ziggurat is Etemenanki meaning :House, foundation platform of the heaven & the underworld (earth for our understanding)
3) Babylon comes from the Akkadian word babili meaning: gate of the god(it's unclear whether this etymology reflect the original meaning of the name or a secondary interpretation).
The statement being made here is that the city is considered as the center of the cosmos (The place where heaven and earth meets; God's space and man's space intersect).... .To understand how this works is to understand that a ziggurat was not built for men to go up to heaven but for God to come down to earth and to reside in their midst in the temple. In the case of Babel, they were doing this not to honour God but to make a name for themselves(it's a play on the meaning of Shem). They wanted to create a symbiotic relationship with God on their own terms(this already shows they had a flawed concept about God)... This is a design pattern in the Bible called a bookend, in this case Genesis 3 and Genesis 11(paradise lost and how men are trying to regain paradise on their own terms out of pride).
God does come down with his entourage, then not only does he scatter them since they refuse to do that on their own but also disinherits the nations (Deut 32:8 ) since they were bent on renegading against Him. He then calls a man out of the same mesopotamia in the very next story and promises to make his name great and through his seed bless all the nations on the earth.
From this man comes the nation of Israel (who were meant to be a priest to the nations; God never left the nations without a witness)... From them comes the first time God dwells with people since Gen 3(the tarbancle and later the temple), which was always the plan. Later comes Jesus Christ, through whose sacrifice launches the new temple and grafting of all the nations back into the fold. That's the story in a nutshell...
There's a lot more to be said but there are already some really good answers here. I believe O\femmanu1 has some good answers that can help fill in some of the gaps.
There's still some debate on whether the biblical account is a polemic against Babylonian conception of the world or whether it's aimed at humanity in general. In either case though, the major theological messaging doesn't change much.

A lot of ancient structures were not simple but were advanced architectural design from Egypt to Rome to China etc. That doesn't change what their purpose was for.
jamesid29, after going through your immediate above post, here are a few easy, simple, direct and straightforward questions, I'll like you responding to, and respond to, by giving your answers back, in the same numbered format, order and style they are asked:

1/ Are you emphatically saying that a physical tower was built in the circa Genesis 11:2-9 narrative?
2/ If your answer to #1 above, is Yes, then please provide the bible text that largely, plus clearly states and done in detail, leaving no room, for confusion, guessing or doubt, that a physical structure tower was built. I promise that for every bible verse text you posit, I would counter with stronger bible text, that shows that no physical structure tower was built
3/ Are you familiar with the Hebrew word "amar"?
4/ If your answer to #3 above, is Yes, then please convey in words what "amar" means

Reference(s):
https://biblehub.com/parallel/genesis/11-4.htm
https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/nas/amar.html
https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/nas/amar-aramaic.html
https://biblehub.com/bdb/559.htm (i.e. section #2)
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:20am On Aug 21, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
TKO cognitive decline!
Nothing other than a precious time stealer, precious time waster and precious time killer, all rolled into one. Yinmu. Mtcheew. KMT

You have a lot to learn from jamesid29. You and Maximus69 have killed the vibes on this section honestly. See the topics making it to front page on Sundays, scanty and lacks deep contents. I believe you can up your game though.....

That aside, have you read the passage I asked you to read....? So we can progress
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by MuttleyLaff: 6:40am On Aug 21, 2020
FOLYKAZE:
[s]You have a lot to learn from jamesid29. You and Maximus69 have killed the vibes on this section honestly. See the topics making it to front page on Sundays, scanty and lacks deep contents. I believe you can up your game though.....

That aside, have you read the passage I asked you to read....? So we can progress[/s]
When are you going to start not taking things personally, hmm?. Only HSP (i.e. highly sensitive person) behave this way. It is not a disorder, but it is majorly a symptom display of superficiality.

Have you read the four few easy, simple, direct and straightforward questions, I'll like jamesid29 responding to, and respond to, by giving the answers back, in the same numbered format, order and style they are asked?

Do you know that, its a hardest thing of all, to find a Tower of Babel black cat, in a dark room, especially if there is no Tower of Babel cat, in the first place, to be found?

You're a fantasist with delusions of grandeur, a mere ideologue. I am waiting for you and jamesid29 to "fact check" me, which I know youse never will, because the absolute truth is "inconvenient" for youse to take in and your weak stomachs to comfortably retain
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
When are you going to start not taking things personally, hmm?. Only HSP (i.e. highly sensitive person) behave this way. It is not a disorder, but it is majorly a symptom display of superficiality.

Have you read the four few easy, simple, direct and straightforward questions, I'll like jamesid29 responding to, and respond to, by giving the answers back, in the same numbered format, order and style they are asked?

Do you know that, its a hardest thing of all, to find a Tower of Babel black cat, in a dark room, especially if there is no Tower of Babel cat, in the first place, to be found?

You're a fantasist with delusions of grandeur, a mere ideologue. I am waiting for you and jamesid29 to "fact check" me, which I know youse never will, because the absolute truth is "inconvenient" for youse to take in and your weak stomachs to comfortably retain

Don't make it personal, you always go for the neck, I don't know why this. Please read through Genesis 11:2-9 and you will find your answer therein. Please comply with my instructions.
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by MuttleyLaff: 9:34am On Aug 21, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

FOLYKAZE:
Don't make it personal, you always go for the neck, I don't know why this.
Why can't you be original or use another phrase, instead of mindlessly parroting same word and expression I used on you, hmm?

[img]https://s7/images/MuttleyLaffJagaban.jpg[/img]
I normally suffer "the-not-in-know" gladly, but someone like you, who, in the first place, should know certain things as like about the "Tower of Babel" et cetera and even more for refusing to know better, I come hard on. I make no apology for playing hard or even about going for the jugular.

If you cant stand the pressure and/or sight of blood, then please wisely step back, gerrout and dont slam the door shut angry angry angry

FOLYKAZE:
Please read through Genesis 11:2-9 and you will find your answer therein. Please comply with my instructions.
What dont you understand in, here are a few easy, simple, direct and straightforward questions, I'll like you responding to, and respond to, by giving your answers back, in the same numbered format, order and style they are asked, hmm?

It is you. You give your answer(s), not me, because I am not out to find answer(s), that I already know nor find answers I am aware of, but I want you and jamesid29 to give me your unmistakable answers, to the four easy, simple, direct and straightforward questions, I'll like you both responding to, and respond to, by giving your answers back, in the same numbered format, order and style they are asked.

Is that too hard or too much a simple request to ask youse ni? I, being a fair minded person, have even been kind, charitable and generous enough, to leave behind four references to make life easier for youse to review before youse are set to give your answers
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:36am On Aug 21, 2020
jamesid29:

Oh well, you are opening more doors into the discourse, but the doorways lead to the room where I desire to cool off.

The tablets and cylinder records found from the excavation of Babylon didn't puncture on the spiritual importance of Etemenanki. While the clay tablets found at the foundation base of the Tower tell us about measurements, and functions of each courtrooms, there is nothing spectacular in it attributing the tower as a worship centre of Marduk. The absence of evidence, signifying that Marduk is worshipped in Etemenanki stamped down all spiritual attributions to the tower.

The temple of Marduk in Babylon was called Esagila, "the temple that raises its head." It was built from the foundation to basement by Esarhaddon, king of the Neo-Assyrian Empire. And the construction was fully completed by Nebuchadnezzar II. The temple comprises of a large court, containing a smaller court, and finally the central shrine, consisting of an anteroom and the inner sanctum which contained the statues of Marduk and his consort Sarpanit. Esagila is standalone structure, located at the south of Etemenanki. All rituals, rites, and occultic qpractises for Marduk happen only in Esagila, putting away any spiritual significance of Etemenanki.

Until there are evidences that suggest Etemenanki have any spiritual imports, I will not delve into that aspect.

jamesid29:

Brilliant inputs, though I largely do not agree with it.

1. A phenomenon is like a coin, having two sides which is aptly defined on either sides, and can loose it substance from poor background. I once read a piece from Prof. Ze'ev Herzog, he is an Israeli archeologist, professor of archaeology at the Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures at Tel Aviv University. Base on the summary of his work published in the Haaretz newspaper, he presented a polarity framework putting spiritual importance and archaeological understanding of the Exodus at two opposing sides. Factoring spiritual importance of the exodus present the account as truth, meanwhile archaeology evidences showcase that the exodus is fiction. There might be spiritual significance to the Etemenanki project, but there is no evidence justifying spiritual essence of the building.

2. The OP does not completely eliminate the spiritual virtue of the Tower, according to the Bible. However, the Bible didn't specifically mention that the tower is worship centre for tutelage deity Marduk. It didn't specifically mention the any spiritual essence or purposes of the the tower. I, rather stated that I tilted toward architecture revolution and space exploration, as pointed out by Diodorus Siculus in his work, Book II, 7-10, it is recorded that "The temple of Bel erected in the center of the city ... was extraordinarily high ... and the Chaldeans did their astronomical work there."
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Diodorus_Siculus/2A*.html

3. I had wished there is any evidence from the Bible, an account from the Hebrew texts, mentioning spiritual essence of the Tower. There is none also from the clay tablets of the Mesopotamians. The popular Esagila tablet only pointed to the spiritual significance of the Esagila temple, serving as the ritual centre for cult practices.

jamesid29:

I had wish to read the referenced book, the link is broken, it is leads nowhere.

Esagila is the known temple of Marduk... Borsippa, another Ziggurat thought to be the the tower of babel, is a religious edifice in honour of the local god Nabu, the son of Marduk. Please tell us sir, what deity Etemenanki is dedicated to.

jamesid29:

I know and agree largely with you on this. However, information sourced from wiki has not been debunked yet and very tenable for the moment
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:36am On Aug 21, 2020
jamesid29:

Please understand that Esagali is a distinct structure, serving the purpose of religious rituals, deity veneration and occultic practises of Marduk. It is sited at the south of Etemenanki, separated at some distance. Another Ziggurat is Borsippa, previously thought is the tower of babel, is a religious edifice in honour of the local god Nabu, son of Marduk. However, there is no information from Babylonia sources, Greek sources, archaeological resources, and Bible attributing or dedicating Etemenanki as the religious centre of worship of any known deity.

You mentioned many times, heaven (sky or astro), cosmos and yet did not see the astronomical imprints in the Tower. Did you not see the astrological essence too?

Here are some materials that will help you...

https://nekaal.org/observer/ar/ObserverArticle234.pdf

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1951IrAJ....1..197F

https://www.livius.org/articles/person/kidinnu-the-chaldaeans-and-babylonian-astronomy/

jamesid29:

Please don't make it more complex than it is now. The only known temple dedicated for the worship of Marduk is Esagali. Deut 32 is another head aching subject when compared with Urgarit texts.

However, information from Babylonia sources, Greek sources, Hebrew sources, and archaeological evidences buttresses that Bible is a polemic against Babylon.

jamesid29:
A lot of ancient structures were not simple but were advanced architectural design( from Egypt to Rome to China etc). That doesn't change what their purpose was for.

Esagali tablet is a neo-Babylonian mathematical text, spelling out advance mathematics and architectural designs, which helped Nebuchadrezzar II reconstructed Etemenanki.

https://www.louvre.fr/en/oeuvre-notices/esagila-tablet
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by petra1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

Ok

Why not quote it out.

1 Like

Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
petra1:

Why not quote it out.

MuttleyLaff is my pal, not my student. If he want answers to a question, I will guide him into seeing the answer himself, rather than held him reciting A for Apple, B for Ball. Let him read Genesis 11:2-9, he will find his needed answers there.
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by MuttleyLaff: 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
petra1:
Why not quote it out.
For where. The guy is not just only a vocal ignorant, but on top, is acting IGNORANT just for "... front page on Sundays ..." views!

Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination, so I am not surprised at FOLYKAZE et al, pontificating about the Tower of Babel and be so absorbed with it but unfortunately clearly and totally oblivious to the biblical fact, that the tower per se, circa Genesis 11:2-9 was never built

FOLYKAZE:
MuttleyLaff is my pal, not my student. If he want answers to a question, I will guide him into seeing the answer himself, rather than held him reciting A for Apple, B for Ball. Let him read Genesis 11:2-9, he will find his needed answers there.

MuttleyLaff:
What dont you understand in, here are a few easy, simple, direct and straightforward questions, I'll like you responding to, and respond to, by giving your answers back, in the same numbered format, order and style they are asked, hmm?

It is you. You give your answer(s), not me, because I am not out to find answer(s), that I already know nor find answers I am aware of, but I want you and jamesid29 to give me your unmistakable answers, to the four easy, simple, direct and straightforward questions, I'll like you both responding to, and respond to, by giving your answers back, in the same numbered format, order and style they are asked.

Is that too hard or too much a simple request to ask youse ni? I, being a fair minded person, have even been kind, charitable and generous enough, to leave behind four references to make life easier for youse to review before youse are set to give your answers
You and your high horse, hmm.

So, smh, when are you going to learn how to get down and/or jump off this high horse you've climbed yourself on, hmm? Awodi (i.e. black kite) that thinks, its an eagle and so wants badly, be identified as eagle

You, of course, ọrẹ mi, are my buddy, but I'll tell you this for free, you are also soot, that thinks its snowflake, smh. The readership can see right through you, that, you are nondescript soot, and so, a dangerous mixture of several carcinogenic chemicals
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by Csonice1: 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

Mr, yes I assume you are an adult male human, can you please stop answering questions with another question? It makes you appear directionless like an headless chicken.

I asked, why should God be given glory for what he didn't do by himself? It's like giving the glory for inventing airplane to God, when in fact, it is the Wright brothers who designed and innovated airplanes.... Please address the question..

As for what you asked, life is not giving it is procreate through sexual reproductions or cellular replication. Chikena.

Now address the question; why should God be given glory for what he didn't do by himself? It's like giving the glory for inventing airplane to God, when in fact, it is the Wright brothers who designed and innovated airplane.

Let me establish a few points here.
Life is given; even Eve knows more than you on that topic (genesis4). if you were to be on a life support, you have to be very, very arrogant if you don't acknowledge the provision of anyone who could pay for whatever it takes to keep you alive. Your success was only possible because he/she was there for you.

A young man was called upon to honour those who were behind his success and he said(fuming angrily) :
"Dad, mum, you have no hand in my success, all you did for me was to give birth to me, cater for my basic needs, buy books for me, take me to school, help me with topics that I could not understand in class, (in other words you did all that good parents do for their children) but you neglected one part; you didn't write the exam for me! I wrote it myself.... I will not acknowledge your...!!
(The principal took the mic from him and apologized to the audience: perhaps the euphoria has gotten into the poor child's brain)

God has always been faithful on His own part; and has failed in none. The problem is the stiff-necked character of those who don't love him.

It takes great understanding to give Glory to God. David walked in this dimension, from the killing of the bear, lion, Goliath, and his victories in life, even his offering: and God rewarded him for it.

1Chronicles29:11-16
11 Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.
12 Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.
13 Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.
14 But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? for all things come of thee, and of thine own have we given thee.
15 For we are strangers before thee, and sojourners, as were all our fathers: our days on the earth are as a shadow, and there is none abiding.
16 O LORD our God, all this store that we have prepared to build thee an house for thine holy name cometh of thine hand, and is all thine own."

In later in history; ancient Babylonia we see a man, nebucadnezzer, who did not Glorify God; making the same mistake of humanity in Genesis11:1-9, we all know what happened to him.(read Daniel4)

FOLYKAZE:

I am not offended. I am in the game way too long, and understand that when religious folks are cornered like you are, they either hide their head like ostrich or resort to argumentum ad hominem. We don see plenty.
I didn't expect you to be offended either, but to be enlightened. In as much as I have to be modest, I also have to be honest.
A man went drunk to a feast of people of great authority, power, wealth and influence. He didn't go there to rejoice with them that celebrate but to ignorantly throw accusations at the hosts ; they could have done worse to him but they said" all that we've been saying are not understood by him, for he is drunk and doesn't know what he is doing.let's gently lead him outside the gate"
When the man stood up @ the gate he said " I've been doing this for so long... we don see plenty"
How funny!

FOLYKAZE:

It is God's plan, according to Genesis 1, that man should multiply and dominion world over.

Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Multiplication and domination can only be achieved through integration and migration. These are characterised in Genesis 10. They integrated, procreate, dominate and spread out into different countries and nations. It is important to note that, part of their domination of the sky is in the city of babel and tower.

Most importantly, multiplication and domination is not forfeited in dwelling municipality and metropolis. I bet, you are living today in the city, instead of dwelling in the villa where you descended from.

Genesis 1 does not tell us if city dwelling is wrong, as city dwelling contributes to multiplication and domination of human.

So tell sir, these people wanted to become city dwellers but God wanted them to wander around like animals in the bush. Is it God idea that human should live in isolation?
Firstly, I thought I said "start from Genesis1" not read only Genesis1.(well I will still check to make sure)
God's plan for humanity was blessing; multiplication and dominion; infact he put them in the best place ever, they failed him but he still had mercy on those who turned to him;and humbled those who are lawless
by thwarting their plans ( so that they won't ask: why didn't He stop us? Since,He has foresight and power and we were ignorant).

Humanly speaking; only one natural disaster can wipe off your entire model city dwellers.
However, God has no business with your city dwelling theory, it makes no difference where you live.
They we're not the first to build cities neither were they the last. Cain built; he was not queried for it, David, Solomon, Hezekiah, etc even today.
I think humans can do better than wandering like animals; because they aren't animals; but the image of God in wisdom: they've already proven to you that they can do better than what you think; their destiny is not to lurk in an archaic ziggurat.
If it was space exploration that they were after as you claim, a wise man could have told them to explore the Earth first; they don't know anything about the Earth and they are talking about astronomy. They were like an ignorant man kept in a room furnished and nice, but his ambition kept him oblivious of his own home and got him jumping accross the neighbors fence. What he was going to steal was not the problem; he may not even steal enough to make him rich. But his ingratitude needs to be corrected.

FOLYKAZE:

There is no correlations. While both Gen 5 and Gen 10 contain genealogy, the former entails generations from Adam to sons of Noah, while the later details the table of nations descending from the sons of Noah.

In Gen 5, the generation were single persons, Gen 10 deals with nations and countries/race. The nations in Gen 10 already in different clan under different languages (notice; plural).

Genesis 10 indeed reveal that there are nations, descending from the sons of Noah, speaking different languages. If human lived in different nations, then they are not in anyway isolated. As a matter of fact, they easily multiply and dominate their environment through grouping as they did in Babel. Dispersion, as against city dwelling, isolation which regress multiplication and domination.

Biblical genealogies are like separate books on their own, they are focused and not limited by events recorded in other chapters.While Genesis5 went back to CHAPTER1, Genesis10 went far into chapter 11. [ If what you mean is that all events in Chapter10 happened before chapter11; you might as well read 1chronicles3 & CHAPTER4.]. Let me also establish that Genesis11:1-9 is like a flash back, a reminder of why things are the way they are; and in verse 10 genealogy continues; a lot more detailed,traced down from shem(10:21) to Abraham
Now, concerning multiplication and dominion: you have no part in this. No knowledge whatsoever, even scientifically speaking (genetics to be precise). Neither do you have the knowledge of the spiritual.

I have told you the problem with their ambition; I don't think it's necessary to repeat it again. However note this;
Cain and Abel sacrificed, but only one pleased God; through faith, pure motive, and to the Glory of God.
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by Judybash93(m): 11:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
Ofemmanu1:

Jesus died for the sins of the world.
He died on the cross of Calvary.
He arose again on the third day.

Those three lines are real bro.
Evidences are all over.
Just think about it.

Which evidence sir? I'll like to know
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by Judybash93(m): 11:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

Space exploration is not rebellious. Building edifice and skyscraper is not evil. These only show our brilliance and innovative minds, and God suppose to appreciate that. Also should apologize for despising our ideas which have helped his ministrations.

A woman would set foot on moon in 2024. Imagine we have a base on moon. Imagine sex on the moon? The sky is not out limit, the vastness of space and universe is up to us to conquer.

A God should always have foresight. Omo buruku lojo ti re.

Sex on the moon might not be the most enjoyable experience due to less gravity i presume.
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by jamesid29(m): 1:10am On Aug 22, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

Oh well, you are opening more doors into the discourse, but the doorways lead to the room I desired to cool off.

The tablets and records found from the excavation of Babylon didn't puncture on the spiritual importance of Etemenanki. While the clay tablets found at the foundation base of the Tower tell us about measurements, and functions of each courtrooms, there is nothing spectacular in it attributing the tower as a worship centre of Marduk. The absence of evidence, signifying that Marduk is worshipped in Etemenanki stamped down all spiritual attributions to the tower.
I think the first thing to recognise is that Gen 1 -11 was discussing events at the dawn of human history.
To answer your question, I'll give you three strands of evidence
1) Enuma Elish(the most popular literature from ancient mesopotamia). Here I'm quoting the part describing the building of the city, it's temple and ziggurat as a tribute to marduk as gratitude for defeating tiamat...I'm using William G Lambert's translation

"When he had directed all the decrees,
Had divided lots for the Anunnaki, of heaven and of earth,
The Anunnaki opened their mouths,
And addressed their lord marduk,
Now, lord, seeing that you have established our freedom,
What favour can we do for you?
Let us make a shrine of great renown,
Whenever we arrive, let us rest within it.

When Marduk heard this,
He beamed as brightly as light of day.
Build Babylon, the task you have sought,
Let bricks for it be moulded, and raise the shrine!'

The Anunnaki wielded the pick,
For one year they made the needed bricks,
When the second year arrived,
They raised the top of Esagil, a replica of the Apsu.
They built the lofty tower temple of the Apsu.(some translation just use ziggurat here)
And for Anu, Ellil, Ea and him,they established it as a dwelling."

Brief commentary:Two structures are described here been built by the gods in honour of marduk: the temple Esagil and the tower of Apsu(representing the watery deep; in my entry on E-sagil Tablet, we'll connect the name of the tower with the Sumerian name Etemenanki). The Bible does not directly mention the temple but the nuances in the text may hint not only at the tower(ziggurat) but also at the temple. We've seen that the name Esagila means " House whose top is lofty", thus in Enuma Elish, "the gods raised the peak of Esagila, such a description reflect that the entire temple compound reached the heavens;
The biblical phrase , "with its top to the heavens", may therefore reflect familiarity with mesopotamia mythology and ideology.
For a more detailed analysis see Babylonian Creation Myths Wilfred G. Lambert( sorry this one is a textbook,so no links... You can get it at bookstores though)

2) Tower of Babel Steele
Inscription: "ETEMENANKI: ZIKKURAT BABIBLI: "THE HOUSE, THE FOUNDATION OF HEAVEN AND EARTH,

I MADE IT THE WONDER OF THE PEOPLE OF THE
WORLD,

I RAISED ITS TOP TO THE HEAVEN,

MADE DOORS FOR THE GATES,

AND I COVERED IT WITH BITUMEN AND BRICKS(Andrew George translation)
"

Brief commentary:A 604-562 BC Steele; The earliest extant architectural drawing of the tower with 3+24 lines in cuneiform script
To the left: carving of the Tower of Babel from a side view, clearly showing the relative proportions of the 7 steps and a temple complex at its foot;
To the right is the standing figure of Nebuchadnezzar II with his royal conical hat, holding a spear in his left hand and a scroll with the rebuilding plans of the Tower in his outstretched right hand;
At the top is a line drawing of the ground plan of the temple on the top, showing both the outer walls and the inner arrangement of rooms.
For a detailed analysis of the Steele, you can download Andrew George paper on https://eprints.soas.ac.uk/12831/

3)The E-sagil Tablet: A 229 BC tablet giving the architectural design of the ziggurat complex copied out by a scribal apprentice called Anu-b∂l·unu. It details measurements of 7 stories and a temple at the top and a structural connection to the temple below.
Based on detailed analysis in academia, it's generally held that the architectural design is not of the real ziggurat but of an ideal representative of what should be (something like the temple dimensions in the the book of Ezekiel). Or it might be a training in mathematical exercise for would-be surveyors.

Quoting from Andrew George's paper on the E-sagil Tablet(I'll leave the link below)

"The decipherment of the E-sangil Tablet confirmed most commentators in the view that the mythical Tower of Babel was a memory of a real building, a staged temple-tower that the Babylonians knew by the Sumerian ceremonial name of E-temen-anki ‘House of the Foundation Platform of Heaven and Underworld’. Apart from the E-sangil Tablet, the cuneiform evidence for E-
temen-anki under this name comprises the inscriptions of royal builders, a mention in the poem of Erra, appearance in the litany of temple names of Babylon and other cities that regularly occurs in first-millennium copies of liturgical texts, and entries in scholarly
lists of temples, temple gates and other sacred locations To these must be added (a) the reference to Marduk and
Zarpan¬tu of é.te.me.en.an.ki (var. é.te.me.na.an.ki) in Late Babylonian copies of a cultic
calendar (BRM IV 25 // SBH VII, ed. Unger 1931: 260-1) and (b) an entry in the list of seven seats of Marduk collected in one of the scholarly compendia of heptads: ·u-batdb∂l(en) ·á é.te.me.[en.an.ki] ‘seat of B∂l in E-temen-[anki]’ "

"The use of language from academic arithmetic,
3 the interest in the combined area of two courtyards of the neighbouring temple E-sangil as material for a
mathematical exercise, the presence in the same document of linear measurements based on different cubit-standards, and the presentation of the dimensions
of the base of E-temen-anki as examples of how such measurements can be variously converted into area expressed in the respective capacity-surface systems, all these features indicate that the text is still more abstract and academic than an architect’s plan. "

For a more detailed analysis see https://eprints.soas.ac.uk/3858/

Conclusion: The believe that the temple and ziggurat of Babylon were created at the beginning of history lent them a mythological status. Enuma Elish presents the ziggurat and temple at the center of the universe lying between heaven and earth. Similar cosmic view of this also appears in other mesopotamia text like the other two I gave and some other priestly literatures. The name of the ziggurat alone Etemenanki: "THE FOUNDATION OF HEAVEN AND EARTH" already tells you that in the ancient Babylonian mind, this is the place where heaven and earth meets. This is where God's space and man's space intersect... It doesn't get more spiritual than that.

The temple of Marduk in Babylon was called Esagila, "the temple that raises its head." It was built from the foundation to basement by Esarhaddon, king of the Neo-Assyrian Empire. And the construction was fully completed by Nebuchadnezzar II. The temple comprises of a large court, containing a smaller court, and finally the central shrine, consisting of an anteroom and the inner sanctum which contained the statues of Marduk and his consort Sarpanit. Esagila is standalone structure, located at the south of Etemenanki. All rituals, rites, and occultic practises for Marduk happen only in Esagila, putting away any spiritual significance of Etemenanki.
Ok so, a couple of things we have to correct here.
1) The temple and ziggurat are inextricably linked. You can't have a ziggurat without a temple.
2)The temple and ziggurat was not built by Esarhaddon. In the Babylonian conception, this was done by the gods at the dawn of history but in reality it's safe to push them to the time of Hammurabi(1792-1750 BC). It was built upon by later kings, destroyed by rival nations, rebuilt by subsequent kings up until the time of Nebuchadnezzar II(who finished the enlargement and restoration work after 43yrs), and it was destroyed again after him around 538 BC. Alexander the Great wanted to rebuild it but he kinda made things worse because he took down the entire structure but never got to the rebuilding part.
3) Etemenanki was connected with Esagila by a triple gate. A larger gate in the east connected the Etemenanki with the sacred procession road(all this is confirmed by archeological works). I was very careful about my language in my previous post so you don't conflat my words. If you check my post, I was always specific that the ziggurat was part of the temple complex... Because it's usually a complex and not just one building.
jamesid29:

To be clear though, like everything in the world, temple complexes are not born equal. Different cities,rulers etc different how it's done; but the idea is usually the same; There's a temple and there's a ziggurat.

For Babylon Even though asides from the ground temple structure (esagila in this case), we have multiple literatures and drawings that point to a temple top also(Herodotus is not our only source as I've pointed out above , personally I didn't really want to spend my night combing through research papers (as I did above)...Hence why I wanted to stick to just to talking about only the complex as a whole(you don't find alot of this info in mass media and there's still alot of work and gray areas in this part )
The basic idea is this: The ziggurat is the meeting point between heaven and earth (the center of spiritual cosmic geography), the temple is where the gods dwell. As I pointed out in my previous post
jamesid29:
To understand how this works is to understand that a ziggurat was not built for men to go up to heaven but for God to come down to earth and to reside in their midst in the temple

Brilliant inputs, though I largely do not agree with it.

1. A phenomenon is like a coin, having two sides which is aptly defined on either sides, and can loose it substance from poor background. I once read a piece from Prof. Ze'ev Herzog, he is an Israeli archeologist, professor of archaeology at the Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures at Tel Aviv University. Base on the summary of his work published in the Haaretz newspaper, he presented a polarity framework putting spiritual importance and archaeological understanding of the Exodus at two opposing sides. Factoring spiritual importance of the exodus present the account as truth, meanwhile archaeology evidences showcase the exodus is fiction. There might be spiritual significance to the Etemenanki project, but there is no evidence justifying spiritual essence of the building.
I understand point here but maybe you misunderstood me or I didn't make my point clear enough. My point was not about accepting a particular literature as truth because it has spiritual connotations, but that to adequately understand a text, you have to factor in everything that is important to the author.

2. The OP does not completely eliminate the spiritual virtue of the Tower, according to the Bible. However, the Bible didn't specifically mention that the tower is worship centre for tutelage deity Marduk. It didn't specifically mention the any spiritual essence or purposes of the the tower. I, rather stated that I tilted toward architecture revolution and space exploration, as pointed out by Diodorus Siculus in his work, Book II, 7-10, it is recorded that "The temple of Bel erected in the center of the city ... was extraordinarily high ... and the Chaldeans did their astronomical work there."
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Diodorus_Siculus/2A*.html
So two things here
1)This is where cultural background comes in. As I stated in my previous post, all literature is written against the backdrop drop of a specific culture. The more we understand the culture the more we understand the text. Example: Recently with the whole black lives matter stuff, Trump said "when the looting starts , the shooting starts". The whole of America went wild on how he why he would make such a racist statement. I didn't get the context for a while and everything was lost on me, but after some time I learnt that the statement has a long racial history that goes all the way back to the 50s. Everybody in America got it immediately but for me I had to cross the cultural divide to understand what was going on. Same thing happens with the Bible and any literary work for that matter. They can make statements that anybody within that culture would get automatically, but we have to cross the cultural divide to understand it. By situating the story in Shinar, mentioning the brick making, mentioning great renown, talking about a tower whose top reaches the heavens etc; everyone in the ancient world would get what's going on.
The Bible is simple enough that a child can read it and get the big picture, but at the same time it's also complex enough that each generation will continue to rediscover new things,new insights etc. That's why some people like biblical studies..

2) Diodorus lived in the 30's BC, 100s of years after the ziggurat has been destroyed. If we can't trust what Herodotus who lived when the temple tower was still standing says, we wouldn't trust Diodurus who lived long after it was destroyed. We don't have any ancient source that attest to it (and we have alot of ancient literatures)

3. I had wish there is any evidence from the Bible, an account from the Hebrew, mentioning spiritual essence of the Tower. There is none also from the clay tablets of the Mesopotamians. The popular Esagila tablet only pointed to the spiritual significance of the Esagila temple, serving as the ritual centre for cult practices.
I believe some of my previous answers already cover this. Besides as I said before, everything in the Bible is making a theological statement. Even Taking vs4 at facevalue alone should already alert you that sometime else is going on here. Like someone I respect always says(concerning the Bible), "if it is weird, it is important". And if you're interested enough,you go down the rabbit trail.

I had wish to read the referenced book, the link is broken, it is leads nowhere.
Sorry... Just go to archive.org and search for Sumer and the Sumerians. A couple of books should pop up, it's going to be the first on the list. To borrow the book, you have to register... but it's free. The reference pages are 85 - 88.

Esagila is the known temple of Marduk... Borsippa, another Ziggurat thought to be the the tower of babel, is a religious edifice in honour of the local god Nabu, the son of Marduk. Please tell us sir, what deity Etemenanki is dedicated to.
I believe my previous answers should cover this also, but let me just make a quick statement. Every city had ziggurat connected to a temple dedicated to the patron god of that city, in the case borsippa, the temple's name is Ezida. If you notice it's from the Talmud and subsequent periods the taught the tower was the Babel one, and that's because they didn't have access to the same info we have. Most of the literature and archeological finds we currently have come from the 19th century onwards so today we are pretty confident in which is Babel and which is not. They faced the same problems we are face now with Canaanite culture. There's still alot we don't know, but it's possible in the next 100 yrs there might be huge archeological finds or better tech that can reconstruct certain things which would open up better understanding of text. That's just how this things work.

I know and agree largely with you on this. However, information sourced from wiki has not been debunked yet and very tenable for the moment
I pretty sure if you read the entire wiki article or just even the the entire paragraph of the place you quoted from, you'll get a very different understanding that doesn't fit with what you've been trying say.

I can quote multiple places from that article the fits everything I've been saying and the very same paragraph you quoted contradicts everything you are trying to make it say. The summary of of the whole article is that ziggurats are sacred spaces and are part of temple complexes usually built for the patreon god of the city. So there's really nothing to debunk.
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by jamesid29(m): 2:35am On Aug 22, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

Please understand that Esagali is a distinct structure, serving the purpose of religious rituals, deity veneration and occultic practises of Marduk. It is sited at the south of Etemenanki, separated at some distance. Another Ziggurat is Borsippa, previously thought is the tower of babel, is a religious edifice in honour of the local god Nabu, son of Marduk. However, there is no information from Babylonia sources, Greek sources, archaeological resources, and Bible attributing or dedicating Etemenanki as the religious centre of worship of any known deity.
Previous post already deals with this I believe.

You mentioned many times, heaven (sky or astro), cosmos and yet did not see the astronomical imprints in the Tower. Did you not see the astrological essence too?
Ha, I see where some of the misunderstandings comes from;Because of the statement of heaven and earth. The thing is your thinking of it through the lens of a 21st century person. Ancient people had a different understanding of what that means... Its a different rabbit hole though.
Hope some of this materials might help..
https://bibleproject.com/explore/heaven-earth/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy2AQlK6C5k
A very short video but this guys are quite good in compressing good scholarly work into 6min videos.
Also, the book(Lambert's) I mentioned in the other post drills down into.

https://nekaal.org/observer/ar/ObserverArticle234.pdf

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1951IrAJ....1..197F

https://www.livius.org/articles/person/kidinnu-the-chaldaeans-and-babylonian-astronomy/
I've read them but I do not see any mention of the ziggurats being places for astronomical work.
They are just talking about how versed the Babylonians were in astrology and stuff, which is something well attested for in many ancient documents. Matter of fact Pythagoras theorem was developed in mesopotamia long before Pythagoras discovered. Its just a modern conception that ancient people were dumb cavemen, but nothing is further from the truth. Our brains are the same and they did alot of amazing things that still stumps us till date.
But again, we are talking about two different things.

Please don't make it more complex than it is now. The only known temple dedicated for the worship of Marduk is Esagali. Deut 32 is another head aching subject when compared with Urgarit texts.

Well it's connected connected to the story. Its another design pattern of the Bible... the scholarly term is called intertextuality but I prefer to call them hyperlinks because they work like webpage links. Basically the biblical authors use certain words or string of ideas that hyperlink you to another part of the Bible and it keeps going back and forth. The thing is we usually tend to miss them because we were not taught how to parse them. Basically the Bible is one unified story from genesis to revelation ultimately pointing to Jesus.
In this case Deut 32:8 hyperlinks to Gen 11, then a couple of hyperlinks go throughout the Bible till we land at Acts 3 and the Pentecost story(which was basically the reversing of what happened in Gen 11).
Actually one of the reasons I'm rarely post is because when I think of all the matrix of ideas that needs to be written to drill down into giving an answer, I go just tire.
Like I mentioned before, the Bible is simple enough that even a child can read it and get the main idea and come to salvation but at the same time complex enough that you can spend a full year on just a couple of verses... I know of a lady whose entire theises was on just a one verse of the Bible "thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain".
Personally I don't know of any connection between Deut 32 and Ugaritic text though. Maybe you can pass along some sources

However, information from Babylonia sources, Greek sources, Hebrew sources, and archaeological evidences buttresses that Bible is a polemic against Babylon.

I'm not sure what you mean here

Esagali tablet is a neo-Babylonian mathematical text, spelling out advance mathematics and architectural designs, which helped Nebuchadrezzar II reconstructed Etemenanki.

I believe I've touched on the E-sagil Tablet in my other post. And anything I didn't mention, you'll find in the articles link I posted for it.
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:49am On Aug 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
For where. The guy is not just only a vocal ignorant, but on top, is acting IGNORANT just for "... front page on Sundays ..." views!

Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination, so I am not surprised at FOLYKAZE et al, pontificating about the Tower of Babel and be so absorbed with it but unfortunately clearly and totally oblivious to the biblical fact, that the tower per se, circa Genesis 11:2-9 was never built

You and your high horse, hmm.

So, smh, when are you going to learn how to get down and/or jump off this high horse you've climbed yourself on, hmm? Awodi (i.e. black kite) that thinks, its an eagle and so wants badly, be identified as eagle

You, of course, ọrẹ mi, are my buddy, but I'll tell you this for free, you are also soot, that thinks its snowflake, smh. The readership can see right through you, that, you are nondescript soot, and so, a dangerous mixture of several carcinogenic chemicals

Mr muttley, shey I offend you before ni? You are taking this personal.

Remember the question was first directed at jamesid29. I only interjected to save you, as asking kindergarten question can be embarrassing sometimes. I do not want to drill you.... Not today, not tomorrow. Please keep calm, take a deeo breathe. This is just a discussion, Seun no dey pay us for posting, let's have fun ok?

If you had read through Genesis 11:2-9, you would see Genesis 11:5

And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the children of men built.

New King James Version
But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built.

It states, they Lord came down to see the city and Tower which the son of men had built... They don build am, physical structure, standing gidigba in Mesopotamia for many thousands years.

Have I served you sir? Forgive if I offend you with my foot dragging
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:07am On Aug 22, 2020
Judybash93:

Sex on the moon might not be the most enjoyable experience due to less gravity i presume.

We have zero gravity Chambers on earth, we can also build gravity chamber on the moon.
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by MuttleyLaff: 9:13am On Aug 22, 2020
FOLYKAZE:
Mr muttley, shey I offend you before ni? You are taking this personal.

Remember the question was first directed at jamesid29. I only interjected to save you, as asking kindergarten question can be embarrassing sometimes. I do not want to drill you.... Not today, not tomorrow. Please keep calm, take a deeo breathe.
Look at soot insisting on painting and/or calling me black. Ha! So you think you are special or an exception to taking this personal, hmm?

Poor you. Have a look again, re-read your above comment to see how pathetic you are playing the "taking this personal" victim card, to the shit you every time create and at which I equally respond back to, in same temper, tone and delivery, if not stronger. There's a lot of teasing and throwing disparaging remarks and subtle shades in your posts at me, but when I reciprocate, you cry foul, yelling mudslinging, forgetting you live in a glass when you were throwing stone first.

The following are random snippets of your veiled thrown shades: "Can't just wrap my head around it, that Muttley don't know Etemenanki Ziggurat is the Tower of Babel. It sickening, even more, that Muttley thinks the East direction implies ungodliness." "You have a lot to learn from jamesid29" "not my student. If he want answers to a question, I will guide him into seeing the answer himself, rather than held him reciting A for Apple, B for Ball. Let him read Genesis 11:2-9, he will find his needed answers there." "asking kindergarten question" "... can be embarrassing sometimes" "I do not want to drill you.... Not today, not tomorrow. Please keep calm, take a deeo breathe" sic et cetera

FOLYKAZE, I am strong, confident enough and won't shy from treating people in the same way, tone and manner that they treat me, especially when they are taking an unhealthy delight in their ignorance and bent on having an argument or a fight. You surely, I am certain, can see that I have the ability and "abinibi" to give as good as I get. Answering & responding fire with with fire, that, I would not hesitate to use a nail to drive out a nail. If you talk trash, I talk trash back at you. Do me, I do you, so please FOLYKAZE, dont again try play the victim to circumstances you created. You havent offended me. I am not taking this personal. I merely am repaying you in the same currency you tendered

FOLYKAZE:
This is just a discussion, Seun no dey pay us for posting, let's have fun ok?
Why cant you just tell me something I dont already know nah. Of course, this is just a discussion, but its you just being uncalled for, bad-tempered, giving covert shades and bent on being gung ho truculent, isn't it.

As for "let's have fun ok?" well welcome JJC lately to waking up to having fun. As you can see, this is fun and soft work for. I have the grace, the knowledge and stamina

FOLYKAZE:
If you had read through Genesis 11:2-9, you would saw Genesis 11:5

And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the children of men built.

New King James Version
But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built.

It states, they Lord came down to see the city and Tower which the son of men had built... They don build am, physical structure, standing gidigba in Mesopotamia for many thousands years.
I love it this way when you type sanitised posts, just as, you done in the above and immediate in section I've quoted, though there's room for improvement though.

Why not better get your facts right before displaying this your "they don build am, physical structure, standing gidigba in Mesopotamia for many thousands years" colossal ignorance. It's an important principle, to recognise, that the Bible tells us what we need to know/see and not necessarily what we want to know/see.

What we needed to know/see about tower, whether it really was structurally or physically built, was revealed in Genesis 11:8-9, so just follow me through to the end, as I'll explain.

Now here are the cogent points FOLYKAZE:
1/ Isn't it ironic that neither you and jamesid29 have come back, to say if or not, you're familiar with the Hebrew word "amar"
2/ Isn't it strange, that if your answer was to #1 above, then why couldn't either of youse convey in words what "amar" means then?
3/ I am a honourable man, my word is gold. I promised that for every bible verse text you posit, I would counter with stronger bible text, that shows that no physical structure tower was built. This I intend to do and/or make sure I deliver on my word

You made a feeble attempt of providing bible text that largely, plus clearly states and done in detail, leaving no room, for confusion, guessing or doubt, that a physical structure tower was built. Your proof is a sorry looking at Genesis 11:5. The thing is had it being you and jamesid27 havent buried your heads in the sand, over the meaning and/or implication of the word "amar" as if like ostriches, you both wouldn't be enjoying a mutual masturbation and prolonged incongruous ridiculous and wildly unreasonable activity moved into the realms of fantasy on steroids

If you keep shading and indirectly sending away every person who challenges you, you will never grow. Some very few people, are in your life to sharpen you, but don't because someone is fanning your fantasy, make a very wrong person, your ally and/or best friend!

4/ Now here is the thing FOLYKAZE, I am a very coherent person, and so I am fully aware that inconsistency is a disorderly representation of a set of associated elements. Biblical consistency is very important, especially for an astute and ardent person who is a stickler to 2 Timothy 2:15

"3 And they said (i.e. ''amar'') one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5 And the Lord came down to see the city and a tower,, which the children of men builded.
6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city (i.e. but unmistakably no mention of left off building a tower)
9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; (i.e. the city but not the tower, also no mention again of tower) because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
"
- Genesis 11:3-9

The Bible follows the definition and rule of consistency in writing. You posited Genesis 11:5, I will add Genesis 11:4 to help you make up the consistency, now here is the clincher and me making good on my word, to counter whatever you bring forward, and that which I bring, is Genesis 11:8-9. As a clever, smart and cerebral person that you are FOLYKAZE, you would have thought something significant, audacious, bold, impressive in appearance, an eye-catching, spectacular, and imposing structure tower would merit a consistent mentioning in the winding down closing moments of the narrative, but alas, no it doesnt. What do we have FOLYKAZE?. What we have, is an inconsistency of a set of associated elements. The tower was not mentioned ever, going forward of Genesis 11:4-5, because just as I had from the onset advanced, it was a thought, that never saw the light of day, talkless had the chance to get feet off the ground and be built. God didnt waste time in scuttling the plan of building the accursed tower. The inconsistency is evident in Genesis 11:8-9. The silence of not mentioning the tower, speaks volume and corroborates the fact that it wasn't built.

Notice in Genesis 11:8, that city is mentioned, but unmistakably, no mention of left off building a tower. Also notice in Genesis 11:9, its the city, that is called Babel, not the tower, and also, no mention again, of tower. Very inconsistent indeed and not stating the same set of associated elements throughout. This is for a very good reason, because the tower was not physically built.

FOLYKAZE:
Have I served you sir? Forgive if I offend you with my foot dragging
No, not all, you havent in the least served or offended me, but all you and jamesid29 are doing, is just playing to your fantasies, whims and caprices. I am sorry if either of youse are offended at me, for being blunt and not calling a spade a hoe, so pardon me FOLYKAZE, for using your "it is what it is" catchphrase
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by Ofemmanu1: 1:02pm On Aug 22, 2020
Judybash93:

Which evidence sir? I'll like to know

The followers of Jesus said he had risen from the dead. They reported that he appeared to them during a period of forty days, showing himself to them by many ‘convincing proofs’ (Acts 1:3, some versions say ‘infallible proofs’). Paul the apostle said that Jesus appeared to more than 500 of his followers at one time, the majority of whom were still alive and could confirm what Paul had written (1 Corinthians 15:3–cool.

A.M. Ramsey writes: ‘I believe in the Resurrection, partly because a series of facts are unaccountable without it.’[1] The empty tomb was ‘too notorious to be denied.’
Paul Althaus states that the resurrection ‘could not have been maintained in Jerusalem for a single day, for a single hour, if the emptiness of the tomb had not been established as a fact for all concerned.’

[2] Paul L. Maier concludes: ‘If all the evidence is weighed carefully and fairly, it is indeed justifiable, according to the canons of historical research, to conclude that the tomb in which Jesus was buried was actually empty on the morning of the first Easter. And no shred of evidence has yet been discovered in literary sources, epigraphy, or archaeology that would disprove this statement.’

Then how can we explain the empty tomb? Can it possibly be accounted for by a natural cause?

Based on overwhelming historical evidence, Christians believe that Jesus was bodily resurrected in time and space by the supernatural power of God. The difficulties of belief may be great, but the problems inherent in unbelief present even greater difficulties.

The situation at the tomb after the resurrection is significant. The Roman seal was broken, which meant automatic crucifixion upside down for those who did it.
The large stone was moved up and away from not just the entrance, but from the entire massive sepulcher, looking as if it had been picked up and carried away.[4] The guard unit had fled. Justin in his Digest 49.16 lists eighteen offenses for which a guard unit could be put to death. These included falling asleep or leaving one’s position unguarded.

The theories advanced to explain the resurrection from natural causes are weak; they actually help to build confidence in the truth of the resurrection.

The Wrong Tomb
A theory propounded by Kirsopp Lake assumes that the women who reported the body missing had mistakenly gone to the wrong tomb. If so, then the disciples who went to confirm the women’s statement must also have gone to the wrong tomb. We can be certain, however, that the Jewish authorities, who had asked for that Roman guard to be stationed at the tomb to prevent the body from being stolen, wouldn’t have been mistaken about the location. Nor would the Roman guards, for they were there.

If a wrong tomb were involved, the Jewish authorities would have lost no time in producing the body from the proper tomb, thus effectively quenching for all time any rumor of a resurrection.

Swoon Theory
Popularized by Venturini several centuries ago and often quoted today, the swoon theory says that Jesus didn’t really die; he merely fainted from exhaustion and loss of blood. Everyone thought him dead, but later he was resuscitated and the disciples thought it to be a resurrection.

The skeptic David Friedrich Strauss – himself no believer in the resurrection – gave the deathblow to any thought that Jesus merely revived from a swoon:

‘It is impossible that a being who had stolen half-dead out of the sepulcher, who crept about weak and ill, wanting medical treatment, who required bandaging, strengthening and indulgence, and who still at last yielded to his sufferings, could have given the disciples the impression that he was a Conqueror over death and the grave, the Prince of Life, an impression which lay at the bottom of their future ministry. Such a resuscitation could only have weakened the impression which He had made upon them in life and in death, at the most could only have given it an elegiac voice, but could by no possibility have changed their sorrow into enthusiasm, have elevated their reverence into worship.’[5]

The Body Stolen
Another theory maintains that the body was stolen by the disciples while the guards slept (Matthew 28:1–15). The depression and cowardice of the disciples provide a hard-hitting argument against their suddenly becoming so brave and daring as to face a detachment of soldiers at the tomb and steal the body. They were in no mood to attempt anything like that.

J.N.D. Anderson has been dean of the faculty of law and director of the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies at the University of London. Commenting on the proposition that the disciples stole Christ’s body, he says: ‘This would run totally contrary to all we know of them: their ethical teaching, the quality of their lives, their steadfastness in suffering and persecution. Nor would it begin to explain their dramatic transformation from dejected and dispirited escapists into witnesses whom no opposition could muzzle.’[6]

The theory that the Jewish or Roman authorities moved Christ’s body is no more reasonable an explanation for the empty tomb than theft by the disciples. If the authorities had the body in their possession or knew where it was, why didn’t they just produce the body when the disciples began preaching the resurrection in Jerusalem? Why didn’t they recover the corpse, put it on a cart, and wheel it through the center of Jerusalem? Such an action would certainly have destroyed Christianity.

Dr John Warwick Montgomery comments: ‘It passes the bounds of credibility that the early Christians could have manufactured such a tale and then preached it among those who might easily have refuted it simply by producing the body of Jesus.

In Summary.

Where is the body?!
The Roman empire as it Italians today can get anybody to talk if they desired.
Theyve fried men alive, performed unimaginable painful toutures on men..

BUT nobody talked!
All his disciples were murdered, mutillated, stoned to death and all sort BUT nobody says otherwise simply because the truth is
;Jesus had resurrected!

Now think about it.
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by jamesid29(m): 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2020
Cc MuttleyLaff

So for some reason, you've kept on mentioning me continuously on this thread even though I've not replied. For most people, after one or two mentions they move on , but not you .It seems you're either bent on picking a fight or you feel the need to showcase yourself.
Anyways, why have I not replied?
1) I've literally not had the time. As you can see alot of time has gone into the conversation with the OP

2) It was a bit presumptuous on your part to think you can roll out a list of questions and people will just start rushing to answer them. This is not a classroom and not everyone is trying to prove something on this platform. If you want to join a conversation, you should state your point/objections, or you ask a straightforward question if that was your aim. You don't list out a bunch questions with conditions and expect people to rush at it... Nobody has time for that.

3) Even if I had the inclination of engaging, the thought of chasing you up and down the conversation, you making wild claims that you can't substantiate and when you're caught in a corner, you muddy the waters, grasp at other irrelevant things and so on , isn't just appealing to me at the moment. Maybe on something more important but not on this. You want to believe that they only had the thought of building the city & tower but never got to the actual building part, that's fine by me.

NB: Springboarding on my third point above, You really need to learn how to control your emotions. You can't be blowing hot everytime even sometimes when there's no provocation.
This pride thing you've got going on also is a problem that you need to think about working on. You need to realise that there's alot you don't and that's fine because it's part of the job description. Life is a constant series learning and relearning... It's ok to be wrong, we just go back to the drawing board and relearn. But once you let pride be your driving force especially when it comes to matters of faith, you not only limit yourself(it's hard to fill a cup that's already full), you are also a danger to others. Someone who does not know better might mistake your overconfidence for knowledge and when you're wrong about something important,you drag those people along with you.
Something to think about...it is well with us.
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by Judybash93(m): 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
Ofemmanu1:

The followers of Jesus said he had risen from the dead. They reported that he appeared to them during a period of forty days, showing himself to them by many ‘convincing proofs’ (Acts 1:3, some versions say ‘infallible proofs’). Paul the apostle said that Jesus appeared to more than 500 of his followers at one time, the majority of whom were still alive and could confirm what Paul had written (1 Corinthians 15:3–cool.

A.M. Ramsey writes: ‘I believe in the Resurrection, partly because a series of facts are unaccountable without it.’[1] The empty tomb was ‘too notorious to be denied.’
Paul Althaus states that the resurrection ‘could not have been maintained in Jerusalem for a single day, for a single hour, if the emptiness of the tomb had not been established as a fact for all concerned.’

[2] Paul L. Maier concludes: ‘If all the evidence is weighed carefully and fairly, it is indeed justifiable, according to the canons of historical research, to conclude that the tomb in which Jesus was buried was actually empty on the morning of the first Easter. And no shred of evidence has yet been discovered in literary sources, epigraphy, or archaeology that would disprove this statement.’

Then how can we explain the empty tomb? Can it possibly be accounted for by a natural cause?

Based on overwhelming historical evidence, Christians believe that Jesus was bodily resurrected in time and space by the supernatural power of God. The difficulties of belief may be great, but the problems inherent in unbelief present even greater difficulties.

The situation at the tomb after the resurrection is significant. The Roman seal was broken, which meant automatic crucifixion upside down for those who did it.
The large stone was moved up and away from not just the entrance, but from the entire massive sepulcher, looking as if it had been picked up and carried away.[4] The guard unit had fled. Justin in his Digest 49.16 lists eighteen offenses for which a guard unit could be put to death. These included falling asleep or leaving one’s position unguarded.

The theories advanced to explain the resurrection from natural causes are weak; they actually help to build confidence in the truth of the resurrection.

The Wrong Tomb
A theory propounded by Kirsopp Lake assumes that the women who reported the body missing had mistakenly gone to the wrong tomb. If so, then the disciples who went to confirm the women’s statement must also have gone to the wrong tomb. We can be certain, however, that the Jewish authorities, who had asked for that Roman guard to be stationed at the tomb to prevent the body from being stolen, wouldn’t have been mistaken about the location. Nor would the Roman guards, for they were there.

If a wrong tomb were involved, the Jewish authorities would have lost no time in producing the body from the proper tomb, thus effectively quenching for all time any rumor of a resurrection.

Swoon Theory
Popularized by Venturini several centuries ago and often quoted today, the swoon theory says that Jesus didn’t really die; he merely fainted from exhaustion and loss of blood. Everyone thought him dead, but later he was resuscitated and the disciples thought it to be a resurrection.

The skeptic David Friedrich Strauss – himself no believer in the resurrection – gave the deathblow to any thought that Jesus merely revived from a swoon:

‘It is impossible that a being who had stolen half-dead out of the sepulcher, who crept about weak and ill, wanting medical treatment, who required bandaging, strengthening and indulgence, and who still at last yielded to his sufferings, could have given the disciples the impression that he was a Conqueror over death and the grave, the Prince of Life, an impression which lay at the bottom of their future ministry. Such a resuscitation could only have weakened the impression which He had made upon them in life and in death, at the most could only have given it an elegiac voice, but could by no possibility have changed their sorrow into enthusiasm, have elevated their reverence into worship.’[5]

The Body Stolen
Another theory maintains that the body was stolen by the disciples while the guards slept (Matthew 28:1–15). The depression and cowardice of the disciples provide a hard-hitting argument against their suddenly becoming so brave and daring as to face a detachment of soldiers at the tomb and steal the body. They were in no mood to attempt anything like that.

J.N.D. Anderson has been dean of the faculty of law and director of the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies at the University of London. Commenting on the proposition that the disciples stole Christ’s body, he says: ‘This would run totally contrary to all we know of them: their ethical teaching, the quality of their lives, their steadfastness in suffering and persecution. Nor would it begin to explain their dramatic transformation from dejected and dispirited escapists into witnesses whom no opposition could muzzle.’[6]

The theory that the Jewish or Roman authorities moved Christ’s body is no more reasonable an explanation for the empty tomb than theft by the disciples. If the authorities had the body in their possession or knew where it was, why didn’t they just produce the body when the disciples began preaching the resurrection in Jerusalem? Why didn’t they recover the corpse, put it on a cart, and wheel it through the center of Jerusalem? Such an action would certainly have destroyed Christianity.

Dr John Warwick Montgomery comments: ‘It passes the bounds of credibility that the early Christians could have manufactured such a tale and then preached it among those who might easily have refuted it simply by producing the body of Jesus.

In Summary.

Where is the body?!
The Roman empire as it Italians today can get anybody to talk if they desired.
Theyve fried men alive, performed unimaginable painful toutures on men..

BUT nobody talked!
All his disciples were murdered, mutillated, stoned to death and all sort BUT nobody says otherwise simply because the truth is
;Jesus had resurrected!

Now think about it.

Okay. There's also a claim that the story of Jesus's life wasn't recorded until after forty years after his resurrection. Can we rule out the possibility that the story of his life my have been fabricated beyond truth after that?

Yeah. In relation to his disciples being killed. Yeah, we have people who will die for what they believe in, suicide bombers are one of them.
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by MuttleyLaff: 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2020
jamesid29:
Cc MuttleyLaff
So for some reason, you've kept on mentioning me continuously on this thread even though I've not replied.
Do you really think, you staying silent, not replying under whatever disguise you dream up, makes you innocent. No! On the contrary, it makes you more guilty of being complicity

jamesid29:
For most people, after one or two mentions they move on, but not you. It seems you're either bent on picking a fight or you feel the need to showcase yourself.
You are too small to our number, for me to pick a fight with you. You are inconsequential, you are in no way important, for me, to feel having any ludicrous need to showcase myself. You are a small bore so please stop unnecessarily thinking too highly of yourself

If you really must know, why I keep the mentions on, it is because I have an aversion to amateurism, mediocrities, show of indifference(s), ignoramuses, lack of regard for truth especially lack of regard for easily fact-checked biblical truth, gratuitous detachment from biblical fact et cetera and so will often heavily and close markedly, as if like a ton of bricks, come down, on someone like you, an archetype of Nicodemus, teacher of Israel, yet dont know or understand these things (i.e. John 3:10) Smh KMT angry angry angry

jamesid29:
[s]Anyways, why have I not replied?
1) I've literally not had the time. As you can see alot of time has gone into the conversation with the OP

2) It was a bit presumptuous on your part to think you can roll out a list of questions and people will just start rushing to answer them. This is not a classroom and not everyone is trying to prove something on this platform. If you want to join a conversation, you should state your point/objections, or you ask a straightforward question if that was your aim. You don't list out a bunch questions with conditions and expect people to rush at it... Nobody has time for that.

3) Even if I had the inclination of engaging, the thought of chasing you up and down the conversation, you making wild claims that you can't substantiate and when you're caught in a corner, you muddy the waters, grasp at other irrelevant things and so on, isn't just appealing to me at the moment. Maybe on something more important but not on this. You want to believe that they only had the thought of building the city & tower but never got to the actual building part, that's fine by me[/s]
See, I dont give a rat's arse about why have you haven't replied

jamesid29:
NB: Springboarding on my third point above, You really need to learn how to control your emotions. You can't be blowing hot everytime even sometimes when there's no provocation.
You seem to have mistaken me for someone who will put up with your fairking bullshit and bullpiss, without knowing that I don't get pissed off very easily, because I'll bite my tongue, but when I start tasting my own blood, then you better start look the fairy out, as in order to be effective, truth, must penetrate, as if like, an arrow, and that is likely to hurt

jamesid29:
This pride thing you've got going on also is a problem that you need to think about working on. You need to realise that there's alot you don't and that's fine because it's part of the job description. Life is a constant series learning and relearning... It's ok to be wrong, we just go back to the drawing board and relearn. But once you let pride be your driving force especially when it comes to matters of faith, you not only limit yourself (it's hard to fill a cup that's already full), you are also a danger to others. Someone who does not know better might mistake your overconfidence for knowledge and when you're wrong about something important, you drag those people along with you.
You are an ignoranus and I just so love ignoranuses, because of the fact that they have such big, shiny red buttons to easily and visibly press. So are you with your dull-witted remark(s), done shitted all over yourself?

There is a western part of the country colloquial, that says:
"Ti ogun, ẹni, ba, daniloju, a maa, jẹnlẹngẹ, fi gba ori"
which when loosely translated, means:
"When you have confidence in your juju charm, you can knack or smack it on your head, safely and gently without having any problem"

You mistake confidence for ''pride" even when my confidence is silent, but it's your insecurities, that are loud. Confidence, my friend, is often mistaken for pride et cetera and you've just fallen a victim of doing that about me. People, like you, for some reason, best known to yourselves, don't like it when someone else comes to try to put a straight stick alongside a crooked stick lying on the ground.

I pity you because against fact and truth, there is no armour like the ignorance(s) that you have. Your reasoning and infatuation of the Tower of Babel is the art of going wrong with confidence. How you can believe all this that it really was structurally circa Genesis 11:2-9 built, when in the middle of your believe and in Genesis 11:2-9, there lies, a stuck in, lie, hmm?

Ignorance is cured by learning. Learning until we are six feet under is what we do everyday because we are all born ignorant, just that some choose to remain ignorant, just as a dogmatic, like you can never learn certain new things, new ways, because even where proofs are presented for you to see, you are too desperate to hold on, as if your life depends on it, to your fallacy, your eisegesis, your illusions, your poisoned laced two lumps of sugar cup of tea et cetera

Also, by the way, who do you think have your time, huh? I too, am very protective of my precious time, and prefer to prioritise what I used my precious time for. Sorry, posting rebuts on this thread obviously is at the bottom of the pecking order, but I just have the sense of responsibility, to make sure, that youse two, dont get away with murder, blatant falsehoods and be misleading the readership with your lofty and fantasised Tower of Babel ideas

jamesid29:
Something to think about...it is well with us.
Why dont you rather try be a honest arsehole than a well liked liar jerk, hmm?

Go pick up a dictionary, to look up the meaning of paralogism and parochialism. The Tower of Babel, my foot, was a physically built structure indeed. Something that simple biblical fact-check, disproves. Smh. KMT.

The less people know of the Tower of Babel subject matter, the more stubbornly they think they know. jamesid29, take this, as an, unexpected free learning opportunity, you sniffed your nose at, disregarding biblical proofs, that should be considered.

Now here's something very valuable for you to think about ... and it's jamesid29, never forget, that, only dead fish swim with the stream. Someday, you'll look back at all this and know exactly why it had to happen
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
jamesid29:

Conclusion: The believe that the temple and ziggurat of Babylon were created at the beginning of history lent them a mythological status. Enuma Elish presents the ziggurat and temple at the center of the universe lying between heaven and earth. Similar cosmic view of this also appears in other mesopotamia text like the other two I gave and some other priestly literatures. The name of the ziggurat alone Etemenanki: "THE FOUNDATION OF HEAVEN AND EARTH" already tells you that in the ancient Babylonian mind, this is the place where heaven and earth meets. This is where God's space and man's space intersect... It doesn't get more spiritual than that.

Thanks for the brilliant inputs sir. But sincerely, they really do not address my stance. If you may have forgotten sir, I stated that there is no evidence of spiritual significance of Etemenanki. And Esagali is the only shrine where occultic activities, worship of Marduk and his consort, and rituals take place. You've agreed that Esagali is the shrine, and that there is no shrine in Etemenanki. I said, "The absence of evidence, signifying that Marduk is worshipped in Etemenanki stamped down all spiritual attributions to the tower. If you are concluding there is a spiritual significance to that tower, tell us firstly what you meant by spiritual significance, also tell us with evidences if there are shrines on the tower.

All the three so called evidences you presented arr misleading. As a matter of fact, it doesn't prove Marduk is worshipped on the tower. The Tower does not hold Marduk's images, none is sacrifices done on it.

1. I have the pdf copy of the Enuma Elish, translated by Benjamin R Foster. I read a volume yesterday night before I slept off.

Tablet IV, volume III, line 40-65
(Marduk divides the gods of heaven and netherworld. The gods build Esagila, Marduk's temple in Babylon)

To Marduk their Lord they said,
"Now, Lord, you who have liberated us,
" What courtesy may we do you?
"We will make a shrine, whose name will be a byword,
"Your chamber that shall be our stopping place,
We shall find rest therein.
"We shall lay out the shrine, let us see up its emplacement,
" When we come (to visit you), we shall find rest therein"
When Marduk heard this,
His features glowed brightly, like the day.
"Then made Babylon the task that you requested,
" Let its brickwork be found, build high the shrine"
The Anunna-gods set to with hoes,
One (full) year they made the bricks.
When the second year come,
They raised the head of Esagila¹, the counterpart of Apsu
They built the upper Ziggurat of Apsu²

i. Wordplay on the name of Marduk's temple (House whose head is high)
ii. Esagila is therefore a counterpart or replica of the abode of Ea (Apsu) and the abode of Enhil. (https://lucian.uchicago.edu/blogs/csar/files/2011/03/Seri-Enuma-elish.pdf)

a. In the translation you posted and another translation I posted above, Etemenanki was not mentioned.

b. The title tells us about the body of the poem, Marduk divides the gods, the gods built Esagila. It never mention Etemenanki

c. The first emboldened statement indicates the Shrine, Esagila was proposed to be high. Not too high as a tower, but higher than normal low level structures.

d. The second emboldened statement tells us that the head of Esagila was raised high, and as such was called Ziggurat . Ziggurat implies a massive structure with a successively receding stories or levels. Calling Esagila Ziggurat doesn't make it Etemenanki.

e. The footnote (²), tells that the Ziggurat mentioned in Enuma Elish is Esagila. If it was Etemenanki, it would have been mentioned in the footnote.

f. Enuma Elish didnt mention "a tower with its top to heaven", it simply says the gods raised the top of Esagila. Since it tops doesn't reach heaven, it is not Etemenanki.

2. TOWER OF BABEL STELE doesn't specifically mentioned the spiritual significance of Etemenanki. I have read the complete details of the text on Schoyen Collection website still nothing speaks about Etemenanki been the worship centre of or serving as a shrine for Marduk.

https://www.schoyencollection.com/history-collection-introduction/babylonian-history-collection/tower-babel-stele-ms-2063

3. Nothing in the Esagila tablet indicates the spiritual significance of the Etemenanki. The tablet can be divided into two. One part is about Esagila (the temple of the god Marduk in Babylon) recorded by the scribes are two courtyards built earlier than the temple. The rest of the tablet concerns the ziggurat, Etemenanki, and is extremely valuable for its reconstruction, presenting a complex mathematical analysis of how the tower should be.

Please sir, You had wanted me to see spiritual significance of Etemenanki, when there is none. Even in your presented "evidences", there is no enough convincing evidence to prove that Etemenanki serves as shrine, or worship centre of Marduk. There is no evidence of spiritual significance of the tower. The absence of evidence, signifying that Marduk is worshipped in Etemenanki stamped down all spiritual attributions to the tower.

jamesid29:
Ok so, a couple of things we have to correct here.
1) The temple and ziggurat are inextricably linked. You can't have a ziggurat without a temple.
2)The temple and ziggurat was not built by Esarhaddon. In the Babylonian conception, this was done by the gods at the dawn of history but in reality it's safe to push them to the time of Hammurabi(1792-1750 BC). It was built upon by later kings, destroyed by rival nations, rebuilt by subsequent kings up until the time of Nebuchadnezzar II(who finished the enlargement and restoration work after 43yrs), and it was destroyed again after him around 538 BC. Alexander the Great wanted to rebuild it but he kinda made things worse because he took down the entire structure but never got to the rebuilding part.
3) Etemenanki was connected with Esagila by a triple gate. A larger gate in the east connected the Etemenanki with the sacred procession road(all this is confirmed by archeological works). I was very careful about my language in my previous post so you don't conflat my words. If you check my post, I was always specific that the ziggurat was part of the temple complex... Because it's usually a complex and not just one building.

Firstly please let's have the picture of Etemenanki and Esagila here
[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSAzF8cytHLEyCydU-dhY0_5wAXRwlEFcUFsQ&usqp=CAU.jpg[/img]

1&3. From the picture, Etemenanki is the huge structure, and Esaliga is that little high building adjacent of the tower by the south. There is a stair from the Tower leading to Esaliga. Another stair leads to the large procession pathway. However, they are both standalone structure. Though connected, the Shrine is not inside or on top of Etemenanki.

2. Esarhaddon also known as Asarhaddon claimed he built Esagila, and his claim was corroborated with the writings on the wall of the shrine, as found by Stefan Maul. http://prelectur.stanford.edu/lecturers/maul/ancientcapitals.html

His claim that he built Esagila can be found in the decree he made below
"Great king, mighty monarch, lord of all, king of the land of Assur, ruler of Babylon, faithful shepherd, beloved of Marduk, lord of lords, dutiful leader, loved by Marduk’s Consort Zurpanitum, humble, obedient, full of praise for their strength and awestruck from his earliest days in the presence of their divine greatness [am I, Esarhaddon]. When in the reign of an earlier king there were ill omens, the city offended its gods and was destroyed at their command. It was me, Esarhaddon, whom they chose to restore everything to its rightful place, to calm their anger, to assuage their wrath. You, Marduk, entrusted the protection of the land of Assur to me. The Gods of Babylon meanwhile told me to rebuild their shrines and renew the proper religious observances of their palace, Esagila. I called up all my workmen and conscripted all the people of Babylonia. I set them to work, digging up the ground and carrying the earth away in baskets (Kerrigan, 34).
https://www.ancient.eu/Esarhaddon/

He is also known as the restorer of Esagila
https:///32gpz5Z

jamesid29:
2) Diodorus lived in the 30's BC, 100s of years after the ziggurat has been destroyed. If we can't trust what Herodotus who lived when the temple tower was still standing says, we wouldn't trust Diodurus who lived long after it was destroyed. We don't have any ancient source that attest to it (and we have alot of ancient literatures)

This isn't about the person of Diodorus, but much about his writings about the astronomical values of the tower.

He wrote:
After this she built in the centre of the city a temple of Zeus whom, as we have said, the Babylonians call Belus. Now since with regard to this temple the historians are at variance, and since time has caused the structure to fall into ruins, it is impossible to give the exact facts concerning it. But all agree that it was exceedingly high, and that in it the Chaldaeans made their observations of the stars, whose risings and settings could be accurately observed by reason of the height of the structure

The emboldened justify my stand that the tower aided astronomy and space exploration.
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
jamesid29:

Ha, I see where some of the misunderstandings comes from;Because of the statement of heaven and earth. The thing is your thinking of it through the lens of a 21st century person. Ancient people had a different understanding of what that means... Its a different rabbit hole though.
Hope some of this materials might help..
https://bibleproject.com/explore/heaven-earth/
https://youtu.be
A very short video but this guys are quite good in compressing good scholarly work into 6min videos.
Also, the book(Lambert's) I mentioned in the other post drills down into.

Chief, una go dey pay me for the video links una dey drop here. I mean, it has no correlation with Etemenanki. It only mention that temple is the link between heaven and earth. Astronomy, as Etemenanki is concerned has to do with planet, stars, galaxy, moon and cosmos.

jamesid29:
I've read them but I do not see any mention of the ziggurats being places for astronomical work.
They are just talking about how versed the Babylonians were in astrology and stuff, which is something well attested for in many ancient documents. Matter of fact Pythagoras theorem was developed in mesopotamia long before Pythagoras discovered. Its just a modern conception that ancient people were dumb cavemen, but nothing is further from the truth. Our brains are the same and they did alot of amazing things that still stumps us till date.
But again, we are talking about two different things.

You didn't read it too well.

This is what he said below:

After this she built in the centre of the city a temple of Zeus whom, as we have said, the Babylonians call Belus. Now since with regard to this temple the historians are at variance, and since time has caused the structure to fall into ruins, it is impossible to give the exact facts concerning it. But all agree that it was exceedingly high, and that in it the Chaldaeans made their observations of the stars, whose risings and settings could be accurately observed by reason of the height of the structure

jamesid29:
Well it's connected connected to the story. Its another design pattern of the Bible... the scholarly term is called intertextuality but I prefer to call them hyperlinks because they work like webpage links. Basically the biblical authors use certain words or string of ideas that hyperlink you to another part of the Bible and it keeps going back and forth. The thing is we usually tend to miss them because we were not taught how to parse them. Basically the Bible is one unified story from genesis to revelation ultimately pointing to Jesus.
In this case Deut 32:8 hyperlinks to Gen 11, then a couple of hyperlinks go throughout the Bible till we land at Acts 3 and the Pentecost story(which was basically the reversing of what happened in Gen 11).
Actually one of the reasons I'm rarely post is because when I think of all the matrix of ideas that needs to be written to drill down into giving an answer, I go just tire.
Like I mentioned before, the Bible is simple enough that even a child can read it and get the main idea and come to salvation but at the same time complex enough that you can spend a full year on just a couple of verses... I know of a lady whose entire theises was on just a one verse of the Bible "thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain".
Personally I don't know of any connection between Deut 32 and Ugaritic text though. Maybe you can pass along some sources

Haaaaaa

Deut 32:8
The unrevised text would have read thus:
בְּהַנְחֵל עֶלְיוֹן גּוֹיִם בְּהַפְרִידֹו בְּנֵי אָדָם
יַצֵּב גְּבֻלֹת עַמִּים לְמִסְפַּר בְּנֵי שֹׁר־אֵל
וַיְהִי חֵלֶק יהוה עַמֹּו יַעֲקֹב חֶבֶל נַחֲלָתֹו
When Elyon gave the nations an inheritance,
when he divided humankind,
he set the bounds of the peoples
according to the number of El’s children,
and Yahweh’s portion was his people,
Jacob, the lot of his inheritance.

That verse shows clearly that when human were evolving, Gods too were not excluded. Jehovah is the son of El, the supreme God of canaanites. He inherited Israel, not an original owner from El. The Urgarit text exposes that large parts of the bible is copied from ancient civilizations like Canaan and others.

Read more abeg

http://www.theology.edu/ugarbib.htm
https://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/ngier/henotheism.htm

jamesid29:
I'm not sure what you mean here

The Bible spearhead propaganda against Babylon, Canaan and other ancient civilizations. It did this through falsehood, exaggerations, and expansion of unfounded fallacy.
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

What we needed to know/see about tower, whether it really was structurally or physically built, was revealed in Genesis 11:8-9, so just follow me through to the end, as I'll explain.

Now here are the cogent points FOLYKAZE:
1/ Isn't it ironic that neither you and jamesid29 have come back, to say if or not, you're familiar with the Hebrew word "amar"
2/ Isn't it strange, that if your answer was to #1 above, then why couldn't either of youse convey in words what "amar" means then?
3/ I am a honourable man, my word is gold. I promised that for every bible verse text you posit, I would counter with stronger bible text, that shows that no physical structure tower was built. This I intend to do and/or make sure I deliver on my word

You made a feeble attempt of providing bible text that largely, plus clearly states and done in detail, leaving no room, for confusion, guessing or doubt, that a physical structure tower was built. Your proof is a sorry looking at Genesis 11:5. The thing is had it being you and jamesid27 havent buried your heads in the sand, over the meaning and/or implication of the word "amar" as if like ostriches, you both wouldn't be enjoying a mutual masturbation and prolonged incongruous ridiculous and wildly unreasonable activity moved into the realms of fantasy on steroids

If you keep shading and indirectly sending away every person who challenges you, you will never grow. Some very few people, are in your life to sharpen you, but don't because someone is fanning your fantasy, make a very wrong person, your ally and/or best friend!

4/ Now here is the thing FOLYKAZE, I am a very coherent person, and so I am fully aware that inconsistency is a disorderly representation of a set of associated elements. Biblical consistency is very important, especially for an astute and ardent person who is a stickler to 2 Timothy 2:15

"3 And they said (i.e. ''amar'') one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5 And the Lord came down to see the city and a tower,, which the children of men builded.
6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city (i.e. but unmistakably no mention of left off building a tower)
9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; (i.e. the city but not the tower, also no mention again of tower) because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
"
- Genesis 11:3-9

The Bible follows the definition and rule of consistency in writing. You posited Genesis 11:5, I will add Genesis 11:4 to help you make up the consistency, now here is the clincher and me making good on my word, to counter whatever you bring forward, and that which I bring, is Genesis 11:8-9. As a clever, smart and cerebral person that you are FOLYKAZE, you would have thought something significant, audacious, bold, impressive in appearance, an eye-catching, spectacular, and imposing structure tower would merit a consistent mentioning in the winding down closing moments of the narrative, but alas, no it doesnt. What do we have FOLYKAZE?. What we have, is an inconsistency of a set of associated elements. The tower was not mentioned ever, going forward of Genesis 11:4-5, because just as I had from the onset advanced, it was a thought, that never saw the light of day, talkless had the chance to get feet off the ground and be built. God didnt waste time in scuttling the plan of building the accursed tower. The inconsistency is evident in Genesis 11:8-9. The silence of not mentioning the tower, speaks volume and corroborates the fact that it wasn't built.

Notice in Genesis 11:8, that city is mentioned, but unmistakably, no mention of left off building a tower. Also notice in Genesis 11:9, its the city, that is called Babel, not the tower, and also, no mention again, of tower. Very inconsistent indeed and not stating the same set of associated elements throughout. This is for a very good reason, because the tower was not physically built.[/size]

No, not all, you havent in the least served or offended me, but all you and jamesid29 are doing, is just playing to your fantasies, whims and caprices. I am sorry if either of youse are offended at me, for being blunt and not calling a spade a hoe, so pardon me FOLYKAZE, for using your "it is what it is" catchphrase

Once again Muttley, please you need to take verbal abuses away from your posts. Be cool! You weren't like this before.

Back to your response. According to the Tower of Babel stele, Nebuchadnezzar II, maybe after God dispersed them or physically damaged from past wars, expanded and completed the tower. That tower of babel of then is now known as Etemenanki.

Without mincing words, Etemenanki was a physical structure according to Gen 11:5
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:36pm On Aug 22, 2020
Csonice1:

Let me establish a few points here.
Life is given; even Eve knows more than you on that topic (genesis4). if you were to be on a life support, you have to be very, very arrogant if you don't acknowledge the provision of anyone who could pay for whatever it takes to keep you alive. Your success was only possible because he/she was there for you.

A young man was called upon to honour those who were behind his success and he said(fuming angrily) :
"Dad, mum, you have no hand in my success, all you did for me was to give birth to me, cater for my basic needs, buy books for me, take me to school, help me with topics that I could not understand in class, (in other words you did all that good parents do for their children) but you neglected one part; you didn't write the exam for me! I wrote it myself.... I will not acknowledge your...!!
(The principal took the mic from him and apologized to the audience: perhaps the euphoria has gotten into the poor child's brain)

God has always been faithful on His own part; and has failed in none. The problem is the stiff-necked character of those who don't love him.

It takes great understanding to give Glory to God. David walked in this dimension, from the killing of the bear, lion, Goliath, and his victories in life, even his offering: and God rewarded him for it.

1Chronicles29:11-16
11 Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.
12 Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.
13 Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.
14 But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? for all things come of thee, and of thine own have we given thee.
15 For we are strangers before thee, and sojourners, as were all our fathers: our days on the earth are as a shadow, and there is none abiding.
16 O LORD our God, all this store that we have prepared to build thee an house for thine holy name cometh of thine hand, and is all thine own."

In later in history; ancient Babylonia we see a man, nebucadnezzer, who did not Glorify God; making the same mistake of humanity in Genesis11:1-9, we all know what happened to him.(read Daniel4)

I didn't expect you to be offended either, but to be enlightened. In as much as I have to be modest, I also have to be honest.
A man went drunk to a feast of people of great authority, power, wealth and influence. He didn't go there to rejoice with them that celebrate but to ignorantly throw accusations at the hosts ; they could have done worse to him but they said" all that we've been saying are not understood by him, for he is drunk and doesn't know what he is doing.let's gently lead him outside the gate"
When the man stood up @ the gate he said " I've been doing this for so long... we don see plenty"
How funny!

Firstly, I thought I said "start from Genesis1" not read only Genesis1.(well I will still check to make sure)
God's plan for humanity was blessing; multiplication and dominion; infact he put them in the best place ever, they failed him but he still had mercy on those who turned to him;and humbled those who are lawless
by thwarting their plans ( so that they won't ask: why didn't He stop us? Since,He has foresight and power and we were ignorant).

Humanly speaking; only one natural disaster can wipe off your entire model city dwellers.
However, God has no business with your city dwelling theory, it makes no difference where you live.
They we're not the first to build cities neither were they the last. Cain built; he was not queried for it, David, Solomon, Hezekiah, etc even today.
I think humans can do better than wandering like animals; because they aren't animals; but the image of God in wisdom: they've already proven to you that they can do better than what you think; their destiny is not to lurk in an archaic ziggurat.
If it was space exploration that they were after as you claim, a wise man could have told them to explore the Earth first; they don't know anything about the Earth and they are talking about astronomy. They were like an ignorant man kept in a room furnished and nice, but his ambition kept him oblivious of his own home and got him jumping accross the neighbors fence. What he was going to steal was not the problem; he may not even steal enough to make him rich. But his ingratitude needs to be corrected.

Biblical genealogies are like separate books on their own, they are focused and not limited by events recorded in other chapters.While Genesis5 went back to CHAPTER1, Genesis10 went far into chapter 11. [ If what you mean is that all events in Chapter10 happened before chapter11; you might as well read 1chronicles3 & CHAPTER4.]. Let me also establish that Genesis11:1-9 is like a flash back, a reminder of why things are the way they are; and in verse 10 genealogy continues; a lot more detailed,traced down from shem(10:21) to Abraham
Now, concerning multiplication and dominion: you have no part in this. No knowledge whatsoever, even scientifically speaking (genetics to be precise). Neither do you have the knowledge of the spiritual.

I have told you the problem with their ambition; I don't think it's necessary to repeat it again. However note this;
Cain and Abel sacrificed, but only one pleased God; through faith, pure motive, and to the Glory of God.

Hahahaha

Now address the question without telling me moonlight tales why should God be given glory for what he didn't do by himself? It's like giving the glory for inventing airplane to God, when in fact, it is the Wright brothers who designed and innovated airplane.

Secondly, these people wanted to become city dwellers but God wanted them to wander around like animals in the bush. Is it God idea that human should live in isolation?

Please answer these two questions as a gentle man with few words
Re: Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution by Csonice1: 10:19pm On Aug 22, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

Hahahaha

Now address the question without telling me moonlight tales why should God be given glory for what he didn't do by himself? It's like giving the glory for inventing airplane to God, when in fact, it is the Wright brothers who designed and innovated airplane.

Secondly, these people wanted to become city dwellers but God wanted them to wander around like animals in the bush. Is it God idea that human should live in isolation?

Please answer these two questions as a gentle man with few words

Funny enough,
I have answered you and I will answer you once again.

God is to be given glory for everything. For he is the giver of life, he is the giver of strength, power and might: the Earth and beyond belongs to him.
He does everything a great God should do.
If you need your own glory, die first, give yourself life, and work with your own raw materials. While you are typing; how many organs can you live without?: I guess you love them all: He gave them all to you.

About city dwelling:
God knows that humans can do better than wander like animals, thry are humans not animals, moreover, their destiny is not to lurk in a zigurat or whatever.
They have already proven that. Because God's wisdom is in them, to develop the Earth. Even as little as a family is ,once a man is matured enough, he can take care of his own offsprings independent of his location, etc. He doesn't have to wander like an animal; because he is not one; he can make better use if God's wisdom and become great to God's glory, no matter where he is. There is no fun at all in an extended family where everybody is babysitting everyone. And your opinion is that if left on your own the best you can do is to equate yourself to animals. Shame.

They were not the first city dwellers, they will never be the last.
They were outlaws. So if your are talking about God's will for them:
He doesn't want them to be outlaw-city-dwellers.
Come to think of it, one huge earthquake is enough to kick them into extinction, volcano, hurricane, tornado or any serious natural disaster would have been enough to wipe them off. You will still blame God.

Scientifically, Don't you know that the whole descendants of man staying in the same place is too lethal. Even one human error can endager the species of man.

Besides, Most times, city dwelling and civilization amount to recklessness and immorality: so you have to be taught obedience and fear of God first, before you continue. So much is dependent on it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Romance Section Sunday Service / Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? / I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 442
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.